Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Why was it good?

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    Why was it good?
    did you watch it?
    It LOOKS a whole hell of a lot better than it has in a long time.
    The dialogue and writing are better.
    The focus is back on the main characters.

But, most of all, the show is moving into new territory. It had already gotten repetitive as fuck. Then, the whole All Out War thing was about a fucking YEAR too long.

Now, we have a new story that's interesting. I have no idea what's going to happen next. I've heard about the whisperers, but keep in mind, I've never read the comics.

There was a 1.5 year time jump. The whole thing feels fresh again: fresher than it has in a few years, imho.

Now, that being said, there's PLENTY of room for it to go sideways. But if they can manage to keep this level of quality and do Andy Lincoln's exit right, this could be the season I've been waiting for.

It feels almost like a reboot. It DEFINITELY feels like the season 8 finale was the end of an era (I think I said a few posts back, when it aired, that it should have been the end of the series.)

And I'm thinking that, in a way, it was.

This is going to be a whole new thing going forward.

Whether or not it works with no Rick is anyone's guess. It COULD, but it's going to be pretty much a different show.

I have a feeling they knew Andrew Lincoln was going to leave, which is why they unceremoniously killed Coral. I think pseudo new show/reboot is what they're shooting for.

But yeah: better writing and cinematography and fresh story.

Will it work going forward? Maaaaybe? I'm putting my money on no.

But it's POSSIBLE, and I have hope.

I still like this show. It's dark as fuck and I dig that. I want it to continue and I want it to be decent.