Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars: Kylo Ren's dad, aka Han Solo movie

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    It will still be better than AOTC and TPM. Hoping for an 3/5 popcorn fun flick.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RhettButler View Post
    It will still be better than AOTC and TPM. Hoping for an 3/5 popcorn fun flick.
    Attack of the Clones is the worst film in this franchise. Nothing will go below it.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Trailer premiering during the Super Bowl.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Trailer premiering during the Super Bowl.
    I've read that it'll be a teaser during the Super Bowl, with a full trailer on Monday's Good Morning America.
    http://www.theforce.net/story/front/...end_178481.asp

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Very cool

Last edited by imail724; 02-02-2018 at 07:53 PM.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    so good. Best dudes....the saltiness level is so high.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Yeah, I love the Half in the Bag reviews. Those guys are hilarious. On topic thought: I find it VERY strange/worrisome that this movie is less than four months away from being released and we haven't seen jack shit. The fact that a trailer is only just now coming out is an enormous red flag. Maybe they should have pushed back the release date to give themselves more time to right the ship on this one. If the stories I've read about the production woes are true, they definitely could have used an extra six months or more. I'm also not sold on the guy they cast in the titular role, but I'll at least save my judgement until after I've seen the impending trailer. I've been wrong in the past about casting decisions (like many, I was initially confused by Heath Ledger being cast as the Joker, and we all know how that turned out), so there's always hope...

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Not having at least a teaser out is worrisome at this point. Hoping it will be a fun popcorn flick and be able to fit somewhat snug into the rest of the series. But no... nothing can top the god awful AOTC... hopefully.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    First teaser from the super bowl just aired. Mehhhhhhh.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    http://variety.com/2018/film/news/so...eo-1202684492/

Video is embedded there.

Doesn't show much but we'll see.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    It looks better than I expected it to, but it also feels a bit underwhelming considering it's a Star Wars movie. Hopefully the trailer they play on Good Morning America tomorrow morning is longer and shows more (but not too much).

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I must admit, I felt a tad underwhelmed...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    The full trailer is tomorrow. You may want to hold off judgement until then.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Looks kind of cool.

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Considering I do not care about this movie at all + this half-trailer looked really weak... I'm actually hopeful! Why? Because it looked liked it has R1's rough, dirty cinematography. The farther it dares to go from the ever so safe SW formula, the better movie it will be.

I only pray for one thing: please, Diesney, show us that you can make a SW movie where the pacing isn't off. I will forgive every forced cameo and cheesy Han one-liners if it turns out so!

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    And here it is, the full trailer:

Alhtought it still says it's a teaser. Well, this looks good but not great. And I don't know why but the logo feels off and rather cheap. In terms of visuals, CGI and overall aesthetic this indeed looks like Rogue One which is a good thing.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    I, too, really am am digging the rough look of the trailer.

I just fear that I'm not gonna buy this kid as Han Solo.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    I just fear that I'm not gonna buy this kid as Han Solo.
    Came here to post literally the same thing. The movie looks like it could be fine, but I don't think I'll be able to see him as Han Solo. Should have just wrote the movie about a new character.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Absolutely. The whole thing will depend on how the viewer copes with someone else as Han. The guy, to me, seems to get it wrong on the required smug/handsome balance. Otherwise though it could be a fun caper movie. Lando looks good, and I'm always pleased to see Woody. At the end of the day I'll be happy to give this a go, but I won't expect a great deal.

The nerd in me is trying to work out where this sits on the timeline though. So it's after ROTS but before RO... Harrison was mid 30s for ANH, and Alden is late 20s now, so could be set 8 or more years before we see Han on Tattooine, I guess.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    And indeed I like that whole western thing this has going on. If they truly went down that rout and have it a bounter hunter spaghetti western in space I am excited!

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Not feeling it at all from that trailer. The casting for Han is just way off in so many ways. Feels a little too much like Fast and the Furious in space.

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    I am happy for the Han cast in many ways. I mean, that guy is so off, that not only he doesn't resemble Han at all, his face is just as obnoxiously punchable as my personality. But that's a good thing, because I don't have to spend any entire movie to decide whether I like him as Han or not: I absolutely hate that guy, so I just want some R1 action with better pacing and I am absolutely satisfied.

I just hope that with the Obi-Wan movie they come up with something else than "let's assemble a team!!!", because Disney ran that cliché into the dirt just within 3 years. Which is impressive on its own to be fair.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

Star Wars: Kylo Ren's dad, aka Han Solo movie

I have zero interest. In fact, Im not seeing another star wars movie till the last of his trilogy and I will probably go on a star wars fast for a good while.

I might break it for a Kenobi movie if it stars Ewan McGregor
    Last edited by Conan The Barbarian; 02-05-2018 at 11:46 AM.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    Very cool

Let's see how they did

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Watch... it turns out to be the coolest entry of the recent additions to the universe. Going in with no expectations and at least giving this a chance. I still have that "Iiii dunnoooo" feeling when I see Alden Ehrenreich's face.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    AND WE FINALLY HAVE A TRAILER!

It looks...OK. I agree with most of you, Han just isn't doing it for me, everyone else looks great though. I'll keep my expectations low until i've seen it.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Apart from Vader I begin to enjoy everything Star Wars without the Force and Lightsabers alot. I would love to have the Empire itself being more explored as in Rogue One in future films. Really build it up as the threat that it is, with corruption, guerilla warfare/resistance, spies and an overall classy yet gritty WW2 flair with the addition of Bounty Hunters as a force that is relient on its own and opportunistic. Hopefully Solo delivers more of that or at least some glimpses. TLJ tried but fell flat IMHO with the DJ character.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Early reactions are starting to come through and, as well as being pretty OK, most are saying what everyone was thinking...Donald Glover steals the film.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Early reactions seem pretty positive, mainly the first act is a bit clunky/hit and miss, but picks up in the second act.