Page 99 of 123 FirstFirst ... 49 89 97 98 99 100 101 109 ... LastLast
Results 2,941 to 2,970 of 3664

Thread: Not The Actual Events

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by witte View Post
    For me it's the opposite. I received one component three days ago. I first ordered one together with the ntae vinyl and later I ordered two components at once separately. Not logical.
    Ha, conclusion too fast. Received my extra 2 components this afternoon.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    I'm currently trying to reason in my head why my component has apparently been in St. Louis since Tuesday and I'm still waiting to see it.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hellospaceboy View Post
    So... I got a text from my wife that the component arrived today. I was so stoked, but only to come home and find this:
    It's hard to see but my mailman bent the envelope when he shoved it into my mailbox, and now it has a pretty big wrinkle in it. I haven't opened it, but I'd be SHOCKED if the cards don't all have it.
    The mailer envelope doesn't say DO NOT BEND, however, even if it wasn't a collectable item, but I don't know, a nice postcard, a wedding invitation, etc... it would be still shitty.
    Let's try this one more time:

Also, I'm going to try to return it for a new one. Again, pictures don't translate the heartbreak...

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hellospaceboy View Post
    Let's try this one more time:

Also, I'm going to try to return it for a new one. Again, pictures don't translate the heartbreak...
    can kinda see it, guess it's not great sure to the state of the wrapping!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    I'm currently trying to reason in my head why my component has apparently been in St. Louis since Tuesday and I'm still waiting to see it.
    I'm pretty sure that if you keep posting about it, it's going to eventually show up in your mail. Try another post in a few hours.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    I'm pretty sure that if you keep posting about it, it's going to eventually show up in your mail. Try another post in a few hours.
    I will transfer my posts to the random stupidity thread until I get it.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    [IMG][/IMG]

Listened to EP while fucking with the "art cards."
    I think i'll be hanging them on the wall.

Spoiler: I love the TDS font on the She's Gone Away card and the Reptile lyrics printed behind the SGA lyrics.

I guess my picture is a spoiler too, but since we are already talking about the thing, i hope it's okay, :/

For the record, i am VERY pleased with this. It's almost like performance art, but it's not that. What would you call it? Interactive art?
    Last edited by elevenism; 03-04-2017 at 11:32 AM.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Huzzah! Mine arrived Saturday morning & appears to be in good shape despite the crease along the top of the white padded envelope.

Now to find some gloves and newspaper to begin the dissection...

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    Spoiler: I love the TDS font on the She's Gone Away card
    I guess It's the rite of passage for every NIN art director to use it. Congrats, kraw. You have truly earned your position now.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    oh my god it finally came.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Could this have something to do with Lent? After all, there is ash on one of the cards. Odd that most people got them around the first of March.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    Spoiler: I love the TDS font on the She's Gone Away card and the Reptile lyrics printed behind the SGA lyrics.
    He didn't use the font. It's a photo/layout of the original page from the original booklet. You can faintly see [another song]'s lyrics that would be across the layout in the next column.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    I will transfer my posts to the random stupidity thread until I get it.
    If mine doesn't show up today, I'm gonna rub black eye shadow on my hands, takes pics of them and post here. Then we can all move on.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    If mine doesn't show up today, I'm gonna rub black eye shadow on my hands, takes pics of them and post here. Then we can all move on.
    #maybemondaybutprobablywednesday

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by seasonsinthesky View Post
    He didn't use the font. It's a photo/layout of the original page from the original booklet. You can faintly see [another song]'s lyrics that would be across the layout in the next column.
    But he did use the font... for the SGA lyrics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Good eye on the original page. I wouldn't have caught that.

But @Ryan Tollefson is right; he did use the font for the sga lyrics
    Last edited by elevenism; 03-04-2017 at 05:36 PM.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Got it today, Milwaukee County. Probably will wait til I'm drunk on the deck one night in summer to open it up.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    i still think "she's gone away" is boring af. cuts the album substantially, to like 15 minutes, which i skip every time.

the stock card with the lyrics is cool, with the "reptile" reference. but fuck that song. it's so ... beige. milqetoast.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kel View Post
    i still think "she's gone away" is boring af. cuts the album substantially, to like 15 minutes, which i skip every time.

the stock card with the lyrics is cool, with the "reptile" reference. but fuck that song. it's so ... beige. milqetoast.
    i find that song incredibly sexy in a terrifying way (which is kind of how NIN made me feel in general upon first discovering them) so i love it. it evokes something primal, especially with trent's vocalizations that go with that big guitar line. unf.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Burning Bright is the one that kind of bores me. She's Gone Away draws me in with the super eerie vibe. That track's all about the atmosphere.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mataxia View Post
    Burning Bright is the one that kind of bores me. She's Gone Away draws me in with the super eerie vibe. That track's all about the atmosphere.
    agreed.

the "verses" on Burning Bright don't do it for me.
    I do, however get a kick out of the intensity of the "I AM A FIELD. ON. FI-YER!" bit and the creepy line that wraps the whole thing up.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    "Can you hear? It gets so lonely in here..."

That part paints a picture of a mental patient or someone totally stuck inside their own head with their demons trying to cry out for help but unable to speak. It's such an amazing moment on the EP.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Burning Bright: after the chorus, that vibe, that more symphonic climax, while trent's screaming, that's the kick it does to me. awesome song for sure. no discussion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    How big of a disaster do you all think it would be to try and frame elements of the 'physical component'?

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Santos L Halper View Post
    How big of a disaster do you all think it would be to try and frame elements of the 'physical component'?
    Someone should frame the black dust and claim it's Trent's cremated ashes years from now.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Santos L Halper View Post
    i'm planning on doing it with "float frames" (i believe someone on here posted a picture of one of the pages in one) that are 8x10 so they're centered with a little bit of glass shown around on each side.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kel View Post

I love it. It's dark and sexy. Music to fuck to. I always got a sorta sibling/continuation to Reptile vibe. Now with the Reptile lyrics appearing with the She's Gone Away lyrics, seems like it is true. But it is sexy. Kinda like Massive Attack's album Mezzanine.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    I love it. It's dark and sexy. Music to fuck to. I always got a sorta sibling/continuation to Reptile vibe. Now with the Reptile lyrics appearing with the She's Gone Away lyrics, seems like it is true. But it is sexy. Kinda like Massive Attack's album Mezzanine.
    The Reptile lyrics were associated prior to the physical component as well,
    embedded in the Apple Music files.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    it's this page of the booklet. You can see some of the imagery as well.
    Last edited by bwary; 03-05-2017 at 06:54 PM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    The Reptile lyrics were associated prior to the physical component as well,
    embedded in the Apple Music files.
    Cool! Did not know that. I don't use Apple Music or iTunes. Cool to know.