Page 91 of 94 FirstFirst ... 41 81 89 90 91 92 93 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,730 of 2809

Thread: The Muthafuckin' Sports Thread!

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    @chuckrh look at this

Too bad y'all don't have a team around him.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckrh View Post
    Too bad y'all don't have a team around him.
    Edit: @chuckrh did you watch the video, though? There's a whole hell of a lot more to it than Luka.

ANYWAY.

I know, right?

This new team looked good out of the gate. And we've had some kickass wins this season, vs elite teams.
    But then, we turn around and lose games that, statistically, should be fucking IMPOSSIBLE to lose.

There's still a lot of season left, though.
    But, tbh, I don't think this is the squad.

I'm having deja vu, like, with Dirk, and how long it took to FINALLY build a championship team. And even once we'd BUILT such a team, and had a record breaking season, we lost IN THE FIRST ROUND, as in, to the 8th seed.
    THEN, we lost to Miami in 05-06 after building a 2-0 lead.

These motherfuckers need to learn to play together, and, also, we need a Steve Nash to Luka's Dirk Nowitzki...not to mention a Tyson Chandler.

I REALLY wanted that giant French dude from Utah...Gobert?

But.."Utah is a bad city."- Dirk Nowitzki.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    I love playing soccer, I hate watching it... Go figure lol.
    Me and my bro and one of our homeboys vs you and 2 cats of your choosing. Anytime.

Edit: that's another badass thing about soccer: people KEEP playing it. I mean, if we lived near each other, we'd probably actually do a 3 on 3 game.

They have 100% amateur self made leagues in Dallas and Denver, and the dudes are like 35-45.

Man I still love playing when I can. I still play defense, and it's SO much fun to talk shit to people and then hit them with that legal shoulder charge, but HARD. :P

Just like I did as a kid, you know?
    Last edited by elevenism; 12-21-2022 at 01:39 PM.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Me and my bro and one of our homeboys vs you and 2 cats of your choosing. Anytime.

Edit: that's another badass thing about soccer: people KEEP playing it. I mean, if we lived near each other, we'd probably actually do a 3 on 3 game.

They have 100% amateur self made leagues in Dallas and Denver, and the dudes are like 35-45.

Man I still love playing when I can. I still play defense, and it's SO much fun to talk shit to people and then hit them with that legal shoulder charge, but HARD. :P

Just like I did as a kid, you know?
    Hahaaaa, that would be grand! I haven't played in a few years, but defense is my game for any sport. I just love the stops and the challenge, having that playful, competitive banter and at the end of the day, everyone shaking hands with whoever gets owned or not .

Also, your man Dirk is getting his statue unveiled on Christmas Day against my Lakers. Oh, and a nominee for the 2023 NBA Hall of Fame, along with one of my faves, Pau Gasol! Both deserve it and pretty wild to see them nominees... I feel old lol.
    Last edited by Self.Destructive.Pattern; 12-21-2022 at 08:52 PM.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Also, your man Dirk is getting his statue unveiled on Christmas Day against my Lakers. Oh, and a nominee for the 2023 NBA Hall of Fame, along with one of my faves, Pau Gasol! Both deserve it and pretty wild to see them nominees... I feel old lol.
    I'm sorry that dirk's statue is being unveiled vs your lakers.

BUT, there IS this:

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    I'm sorry that dirk's statue is being unveiled vs your lakers.

BUT, there IS this:
    Hahaa, I remember this like it was yesterday. Man, I miss watching Dirk play; such a nice looking shot, and perfected the one-leg step back fadeaway. Dirk was always one of my favorite and most respected players... Cannot wait to see that statue.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Hahaa, I remember this like it was yesterday. Man, I miss watching Dirk play; such a nice looking shot, and perfected the one-leg step back fadeaway. Dirk was always one of my favorite and most respected players... Cannot wait to see that statue.
    Man, he was something else for damn sure. Great guy, too: one of my little cousins was in the hospital with some serious shit on Xmas day, about to have a big, hardcore surgery, and as he layed there, in walked Dirk in a Santa Hat, with presents.
    Of course he wasn't there JUST to see my cousin. That's something he did, though: go to Dallas hospitals during the holidays and visit the sickest kids, and give them cool presents, and take pics with them.

He was such a humble, respectable, respectFUL cat.
    Dude gave UP millions, more than once, so we could offer new players more without breaking the cap. And it means the world to me that he never LEFT.

He had his own keys to American Airlines Center, because he wanted to get to practice early and stay late, sometimes deep into the night.

AND, he had a fucking TEACHER: even when he was having record breaking seasons and winning a ring, Dirk STILL regularly worked with the unorthodox German basketball teacher of his youth, Holger Geshwinder.
    This is an old guy who had him throwing bails of hay in winter as a teenager on some Mr Miyagi shit, and who calls his basketball training the Institute of Applied Nonsense.
    Dirk credits this cat for teaching him everything he knows, and was literally practicing with him in between finals games, when the dude was like 70.
    This reminds me of Neil Peart, of Rush, who continued taking fucking DRUM LESSONS well into the 2000s..

41.21.1. became a thing when Dirk retired. Half the fucking city posted it to their socials at that time: it's #41, 21 years, our number one. You can now get it on shirts and hats and such.
    I myself have ten or twelve pieces of mavs gear, and three of them are specifically Dirk shirts, including a vintage jersey.

Yeah. Dirk is one of my only heroes.

Ok, I'll shut up. But goddamn. I swear that cat was the heart of Dallas.
    Last edited by elevenism; 12-23-2022 at 10:42 AM.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    That video also looks good on KB.
    He respected the GAME.enough, to GIVE respect, even against his own team.

I was a big LAL.fan back in the day.
    Whenever dallas fucked up, I was a part time Rockets or Spurs.fan.
    I even had the hats.

And when it came to the finals, well...LAL. At least they're from the wild, wild west!

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    I've been following Geno since his college days and I'm so glad he's been able to finally play at the same level. I almost want to buy a jersey, even. The thing keeping me back is I'm not a fan of the fans of any of the local teams - Seahawks, Blazers, Ducks, Beavers - so I don't want them to think I'm one of them. Obviously not directed at anyone here because you're not in the Portland area.
    that post was six weeks ago, I counted.

Indeed, the Chiefs stopped the Seahawks (7-8) twice on fourth down, picked off their Pro Bowl quarterback in the end zone and dealt coach Pete Carroll’s team their fifth loss in six games along with a near-knockout blow to their playoff hopes.
    This is why I don't follow sports anymore - I'm the teams biggest kryptonite.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Seahwaks have been playing bad games lately but not as bad as Russell with the Broncos, damn that Sunday game was a trainwreck!
    Last edited by henryeatscereal; 12-27-2022 at 11:47 PM.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Luka Doncic is the only player in NBA history to record 60/21/10...

Best player in the NBA... MY LORD.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    DAMN. Bills safety Damar Hamlin collapsed live on Monday nite football after a tackle, and is apparently in critical condition. Game postponed.
    Ambulance on the field, teammates crying, and it looks like even the Bengals were pretty damn concerned.
    Dude's in his early TWENTIES. It doesn't LOOK like he hit his head wrong. I think it's gotta be a cardiac thing.

Trigger warning: this DOES show him collapse, and since we don't know the outcome...you know.

Edit: Uh oh. Looks like they're steadily removing the video. I originally posted the first local news clip, which is gone, now.
    That's not a good omen.

Edit 2: Apparently, they did several min of cpr, and if I understand correctly, they used a defibrillator on the field. Now I know why the Cincinnati players looked heartbroken.
    And he's not breathing on his own at the hospital.
    Damnit.
    Bills and Bengals fans holding hands and praying together outside hospital.
    I'm pretty sure this is the first game postponed in NFL history.

Pray for this kid, if you're a sports fan, and you pray.
    Last edited by elevenism; 01-03-2023 at 01:00 AM.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    DAMN. Bills safety Damar Hamlin collapsed live on Monday nite football after a tackle, and is apparently in critical condition. Game postponed.
    Ambulance on the field, teammates crying, and it looks like even the Bengals were pretty damn concerned.
    Dude's in his early TWENTIES. It doesn't LOOK like he hit his head wrong. I think it's gotta be a cardiac thing.

Trigger warning: this DOES show him collapse, and since we don't know the outcome...you know.

Edit: Uh oh. Looks like they're steadily removing the video. I originally posted the first local news clip, which is gone, now.
    That's not a good omen.

Edit 2: Apparently, they did several min of cpr, and if I understand correctly, they used a defibrillator on the field. Now I know why the Cincinnati players looked heartbroken.
    And he's not breathing on his own at the hospital.
    Damnit.
    Bills and Bengals fans holding hands and praying together outside hospital.
    I'm pretty sure this is the first game postponed in NFL history.

Pray for this kid, if you're a sports fan, and you pray.
    It was f'n scary, thoughts and prayers to him.

I read that the NFL didn't want to stop the game, but did because the players and coaches refused to keep playing.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Prayers up for Damar. Extremely frightening situation.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    the worst part of it are the ghouls blaming it on covid vaccines. just the most horrible humans.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    the worst part of it are the ghouls blaming it on covid vaccines. just the most horrible humans.
    "See!?! One player collapsed out of every player in the league!"

In all seriousness, though, Damar was luckily where he was able to receive immediate medical assistance. If it wasn't in the stadium, and at home, it could have been a whole different tragedy.

"He had his heartbeat restored on the field..." - That's just scary to read.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I was talking to my MIL about it and we're both mentioning examples from all facets of sports from pro to high school where players have collapsed suddenly. But of course it's the vaccine, not any other underlying health condition.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Totally scary to watch! Hope he's going to make it out okay.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

see even Maddox knows

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Man, i can't believe how they turned this into an Anti-Vax conspiracy, sick sad world!

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    The Jacksonville Jaguars are the AFC South Champs once again! Cannot believe we actually pulled it off, and brings back all the amazing memories from past wins, ESPECIALLY the 2017 season where we should have went to the Super Bowl.

Win or lose next week, so proud of this team! DUUUVALLLLL!

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Seahawks go to the playoffs and Rodgers got eliminated, yay!

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Hahahaaa, Jason is always a trip. One aspect of the show I forgot to add, that I absolutely LOVED.

When he found out that Bortles was replaced by Foles .

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    HOLY FUCK!

The Dallas Cowboys beat the Tampa Bay Tom Bradys, WITH AUTHORITY!

I didn't even bother WATCHING that game. I mean, fuck, we just lost to the Redskins.

But YEAH. Awwwwww. The Tom Bradys are Big Sad, now.
    How's my Dak taste, Tom?

Dallas just MIGHT have something for that ass, San Francisco.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Hey y'all.

Regarding Damar, did you hear the first thing he wrote, when he woke up, still mostly paralyzed?

"did...we...win...the...game?"

Fucking PRICELESS.

This is movie material.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    HOLY FUCK!

I didn't even bother WATCHING that game. I mean, fuck, we just lost to the Redskins.

How's my Dak taste, Tom?

I was divided yesterday.

In apart i didn't wanted to see the Cowboys win, but in other i didn't want Brady to win.
    So all had their pros and cons, but in the end i'm glad Brady is out (just like Karen Rodgers) and the Cowboys saved us from seeing another potential SuperBowl with Brady.

So i can't believe i'm saying this, but i'm glad the Cowboys won!

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    I was divided yesterday.

In apart i didn't wanted to see the Cowboys win, but in other i didn't want Brady to win.
    So all had their pros and cons, but in the end i'm glad Brady is out (just like Karen Rodgers) and the Cowboys saved us from seeing another potential SuperBowl with Brady.

So i can't believe i'm saying this, but i'm glad the Cowboys won!
    Vivas in Mexico. TIENES que gustar Los Vaqueros!

Dallas fue un parte de Mexico, no? Coahuila y Tejas?

I think we've had this conversation before, last year.

But, that's how I'd see it, si yo fue un Mexicano.

It's all about 'the home team,' win or lose.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    HOLY FUCK!

How's my Dak taste, Tom?

Sorry to burst your bubble but SF is going to destroy the Cowpies. Also, since we're bursting bubbles the Mavericks just got embarrassed in 2 games by Portland. They took Luka out in the third quarter & didn't even play him in the second game.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)