Page 36 of 47 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 46 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 1398

Thread: Bad Witch LP, out June 22 (thread pt 3) SPOILERS

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by poro765 View Post
    Looks like the art printings are limited and hand numbered to 1125 copies, and badges to 1000.
    Does this mean the deluxe bundle of BW is limited to 1125 copies overall?
    And my art printings envelope arrived without the one depicted in the upper left of the album artwork. So only four arrived. Hope they can fix this situation.
    Seems like you are not the only one. See LiveNation fulfilment thread. There are at least 3 of us now. Two UK store and now your one.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Finally got to hear both NTAE and BW on vinyl. Incredible stuff. A week and 15 plays in (at least), BW is easily one of my favorite NIN releases. The way Over and Out wraps around lyrically to Branches/Bones, combined with the warm and melancholic tone, and the strangely touching new croon of Mr. Reznor on Over and Out, is oddly vulnerable, moving and emotional.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pbgut View Post
    That was my initial assumption, but I came across this up in the thread. This post was followed by a debate over what "very audible" means:
    Odd, I've never heard any lyrics.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pbgut View Post
    That was my initial assumption, but I came across this up in the thread. This post was followed by a debate over what "very audible" means:
    Yup, I’ve never heard it either

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Tollefson View Post
    Yup, I’ve never heard it either

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I can't hear anything resembling spoken or sung lyrics. Odd that they specify 1:20 – 2:40. Are they implying he says it repeatedly for a minute and 20 seconds or is it stretched out over that period of time (maybe why its not noticeable)?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    i am really liking bad witch a lot more than i expected to. i wasnt crazy about GBDTD when i first heard it. i only listened to it once when it first debuted as to not get too familiar with it before the album release, but it definitely makes sense as an album.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Has anyone received their copy of BW vinyl from JB Hi-Fi? My status shows shipped but I have yet to receive anything and I dont see any tracking info
    Last edited by NotoriousTIMP; 06-26-2018 at 09:27 PM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    Has anyone received their copy of BW vinyl from JB Hi-Fi? My status shows shipped but I have yet to receive anything and I dont see any tracking info
    Same thing here. I’m thinking it’ll be here in a week or so.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I have listened to this a couple times now and its easily the heaviest, darkest, most raw and visceral release since Broken. Hard to believe how upbeat Hesitation Marks was compared to this.

The artwork is an awesome representation of the music also, I just wish the CD had a booklet. Or a goddam physical element.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    I have listened to this a couple times now and its easily the heaviest, darkest, most raw and visceral release since Broken. Hard to believe how upbeat Hesitation Marks was compared to this.

The artwork is an awesome representation of the music also, I just wish the CD had a booklet. Or a goddam physical element.
    Yeah, that's my only complaint, really (aside from wishing there were more songs, haha). I just wish there were more artwork to this release. A booklet would have been nice. Both NTAE and AV had one, I'm not sure why they decided to forego the booklet AND the physical component for Bad Witch.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Radio 6 interview mentions Trent playing sax, everyone clearly thinks it's kooky. DON'T LISTEN TRENT, BRING BACK PUREST FEELING

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    Yeah, that's my only complaint, really (aside from wishing there were more songs, haha). I just wish there were more artwork to this release. A booklet would have been nice. Both NTAE and AV had one, I'm not sure why they decided to forego the booklet AND the physical component for Bad Witch.
    As far as not having a booket, two thoughts; one - a lack of a booked is a more minimized presentation, adds to the bleak feel of the end. OR two - record label suit\ tool influenced the decision to save a few more bucks for the record label. Think about it, the average cost to a person to buy NTAE, AV or BW is about $10 but the cost to produce BW vs. NTAE or AV is definitely less due to materials. I'd like to think my first thought is the reason.
    Last edited by nmitchell86; 06-27-2018 at 06:54 AM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Nevermind. Wrong thread.
    Last edited by ChipRock; 06-27-2018 at 07:19 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nmitchell86 View Post
    As far as not having a booket, two thoughts; one - a lack of a booked is a more minimized presentation, adds to the bleak feel of the end. OR two - record label suit\ tool influenced the decision to save a few more bucks for the record label. Think about it, the average cost to a person to buy NTAE, AV or BW is about $10 but the cost to produce BW vs. NTAE or AV is definitely less due to materials. I'd like to think my first thought is the reason.
    A physical component or booklet would have feel to "predictable".

PS: I love you Trent

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    People in Australia have, I saw a few posts of it on Reddit. So I'm guessing ours were probably shipped about the same time, but will obviously take a bit longer to get here. Hoping some time this week, but I'd imagine next week at the very latest.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    Radio 6 interview mentions Trent playing sax, everyone clearly thinks it's kooky. DON'T LISTEN TRENT, BRING BACK PUREST FEELING
    The interview : https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p06c6swm

Gửi từ Iphone của tôi qua Tapatalk

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    My 4 year old son enjoys 'I'm not from this world'. I don't often play NIN for him and his favourite bands are Green Day, Matthew Good, Honeymoon Suite, The Outfield, (and Closer clean by NIN).

I played a few tracks off of BW as we had a 30 min drive. I could tell by the look on his face, in the rear view mirror, that he was trying to figure out what he was listening to and why it was different. 45 seconds into the song I hear "Daddy what is this?"

He's asked me to play it several times since.

He also likes SM and AoO

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Listening to Over and Out with my wife last night and I asked her what she thought the song felt like. She said “searching” and “limbo”. It led me to an idea that I think is key to understanding the narrative of Bad Witch and of the entire trilogy.

Throughout the trilogy he is wrestling with who he is, what the world is now, and he comes to some dark conclusions.

In the Downward Spiral he wrestled with some of these same questions and once he had his answers, he was left with the question of what to do now. The title track was the answer: destroy himself.

Now in this trilogy, he is left with his answers - that humanity is dark and twisted and the world is evil and he feels like things don’t have meaning or purpose. But importantly the answer to “what do I do now?” Is NOT self destruction.

It is limbo. It is “I don’t know”.

I don’t know what I am waiting for. He doesn’t conclude that self destruction is the answer. He doesn’t decide that he will create his own meaning and try to do some great good in the world to fight back against the seeming meaninglessness.

He concludes that he doesn’t know what to do. He doesn’t know what he is waiting for, but he is waiting for something. For the end? For a new beginning? For something to awaken within himself or for some final decision to become clear?

We are left not with an answer but with a question. The ending is a question because that’s where he is right now as a person. Agnostic about God, himself, the future, and just wondering what to do now.

That’s my take. I imagine that it’s something we can all relate to. Lately as they have been ripping kids away from families, as they have camps for parents in the desert and cages for children... as we worry about our collective futures and our own children, as our technology betrays us, when a tweet could bring a war tomorrow, it can be very paralyzing. I feel like a powerless witness somedays, even as i do all i can to stand up against it and resist.

It may have been more satisfying (to me) for him to end it more like In This Twilight - let’s love each other in this moment - but maybe that’s less authentic to him in this particular moment. It may have been more satisfying to others if he again became the Great Destroyer or Mr Self Destruct but he does neither. He simply continues existing and asking questions he may never have answers to. Over and over again.

This is where he is now. He is someone who is constantly evolving and that’s what I love. He says he doesn’t even recognize the guy who wrote hesitation marks and maybe he’ll say the same of this trilogy in a few years as he continues this journey.

I am glad to be a part of it and I can totally connect with the whole trilogy. What a profound work of art. A soundtrack to The End.

I will continue to fight to make the world better for my kids even when there is little hope left, but some nights you just need to listen to Shit Mirror and acknowledge just how awful we have become, listen to background world and feel the isolation expressed into words that you were already feeling anyway. Listen to Over and Put and ask the questions that no one can answer.

Thank you Trent for a lifetime of incredible art and for all the ways it helps people to understand themselves better and create their own art and express their own stories. I come to the music for the feeling and I stay for the meaning.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    My life right now :

- I'm not a biggest fan of Bad Witch
    - But then again it's a new NIN release
    - I need to listen desperately to some NIN songs!!
    - Listen to Bad Witch again
    - Repeat.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    @Max I couldn't have possibly said it better myself. I was talking with my wife and a couple other people about this very thing, and how I feel so profoundly similar. It's surreal when you can feel that way about something and connect to it. When things are terrifying, and someone creates something that explains exactly how you feel, it's so relieving.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    So I'm going to leave some constructive criticism now. Again I'm fascinated by the trilogy and it's one of my favourites in the NIN catalog. Bad Witch is fucking brilliant and I'm still discovering and understanding it. I haven't felt this excited since I bought and listened to TDS in 1997.

But

One thing I don't understand is the sound quality. I know TR and AR are fully capable of producing sharp, crisp, dynamic tracks. I've listened to their OSTs many many times. I love them.

I first became concerned when 'Less Than' was released. I also noticed this with 'Shit Mirror' and 'Ahead of Ourselves.' and 'The Idea of You' to some degree.

Some of the tracks just sound a bit flat, or the high ends are overpowering like with AoO.
    Last edited by snaapz; 06-27-2018 at 02:29 PM.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Over and Out was named 'Best New Track' from Pitchfork! I think that's got to be a first for Nine Inch Nails ... it's awesome to see this great record getting such a positive reaction.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    I can't hear anything resembling spoken or sung lyrics. Odd that they specify 1:20 – 2:40. Are they implying he says it repeatedly for a minute and 20 seconds or is it stretched out over that period of time (maybe why its not noticeable)?
    There's a new Netflix series called Liquid Science, with host GZA of Wu Tang Clan. Episode 5, I believe, is The Future of Music. Computer music scientist/researcher Dr. Richard Boulanger is featured, along with some of his colleagues in their audio laboratory. They have an app called csSpectral, which can convert voice into other sounds. Maybe Trent used such an app or effect to convert spoken word into other sounds.
    http://boulangerlabs.com

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Max View Post
    Listening to Over and Out with my wife last night and I asked her what she thought the song felt like. She said “searching” and “limbo”. It led me to an idea that I think is key to understanding the narrative of Bad Witch and of the entire trilogy.

Throughout the trilogy he is wrestling with who he is, what the world is now, and he comes to some dark conclusions.

In the Downward Spiral he wrestled with some of these same questions and once he had his answers, he was left with the question of what to do now. The title track was the answer: destroy himself.

Now in this trilogy, he is left with his answers - that humanity is dark and twisted and the world is evil and he feels like things don’t have meaning or purpose. But importantly the answer to “what do I do now?” Is NOT self destruction.

It is limbo. It is “I don’t know”.

I don’t know what I am waiting for. He doesn’t conclude that self destruction is the answer. He doesn’t decide that he will create his own meaning and try to do some great good in the world to fight back against the seeming meaninglessness.

He concludes that he doesn’t know what to do. He doesn’t know what he is waiting for, but he is waiting for something. For the end? For a new beginning? For something to awaken within himself or for some final decision to become clear?

We are left not with an answer but with a question. The ending is a question because that’s where he is right now as a person. Agnostic about God, himself, the future, and just wondering what to do now.

That’s my take. I imagine that it’s something we can all relate to. Lately as they have been ripping kids away from families, as they have camps for parents in the desert and cages for children... as we worry about our collective futures and our own children, as our technology betrays us, when a tweet could bring a war tomorrow, it can be very paralyzing. I feel like a powerless witness somedays, even as i do all i can to stand up against it and resist.

It may have been more satisfying (to me) for him to end it more like In This Twilight - let’s love each other in this moment - but maybe that’s less authentic to him in this particular moment. It may have been more satisfying to others if he again became the Great Destroyer or Mr Self Destruct but he does neither. He simply continues existing and asking questions he may never have answers to. Over and over again.

This is where he is now. He is someone who is constantly evolving and that’s what I love. He says he doesn’t even recognize the guy who wrote hesitation marks and maybe he’ll say the same of this trilogy in a few years as he continues this journey.

I am glad to be a part of it and I can totally connect with the whole trilogy. What a profound work of art. A soundtrack to The End.

I will continue to fight to make the world better for my kids even when there is little hope left, but some nights you just need to listen to Shit Mirror and acknowledge just how awful we have become, listen to background world and feel the isolation expressed into words that you were already feeling anyway. Listen to Over and Put and ask the questions that no one can answer.

Thank you Trent for a lifetime of incredible art and for all the ways it helps people to understand themselves better and create their own art and express their own stories. I come to the music for the feeling and I stay for the meaning.
    This was great. Thank you.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thefragile_jake View Post
    Over and Out was named 'Best New Track' from Pitchfork! I think that's got to be a first for Nine Inch Nails ... it's awesome to see this great record getting such a positive reaction.
    Wow... Hell has frozen over with NIN and Pitchfork.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by snaapz View Post
    So I'm going to leave some constructive criticism now. Again I'm fascinated by the trilogy and it's one of my favourites in the NIN catalog. Bad Witch is fucking brilliant and I'm still discovering and understanding it. I haven't felt this excited since I bought and listened to TDS in 1997.

But

One thing I don't understand is the sound quality. I know TR and AR are fully capable of producing sharp, crisp, dynamic tracks. I've listened to their OSTs many many times. I love them.

I first became concerned when 'Less Than' was released. I also noticed this with 'Shit Mirror' and 'Ahead of Ourselves.' and 'The Idea of You' to some degree.

Some of the tracks just sound a bit flat, or the high ends are overpowering like with AoO.
    If you look at the waveform for "Less Than" versus the other tracks on "Add Violence", you can see that it's a bit more compressed than the others. I don't think that's a mistake. I think Trent & Atticus purposely compressed it in order to give it a specific sound. In some cases, I think they're using compression to add some extra grit and noise to their tracks.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Being in Canada I got my deluxe pack today. Took a while but it sure is nice. I'm just guessing that the prints and such are more or less the physical component(s)? Sure I'll just go with that

Now I just need to find nice minimalist frames for them. Mine came packed nicely, the record is in great shape, new mailers are excellent. Sad to hear others are missing a print.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    BBC Radio 6 just made Bad Witch their 'Album of the Day'

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Anyone already received the Spotify white marbled edition?

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by laur.a View Post
    Anyone already received the Spotify white marbled edition?
    most people are just getting shipping notifications (i got my notification last night) so it's doubtful anyone will have theirs in hand until the weekend or monday.