Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: The Batman

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

The Batman

As the resident BatNerd, I figured since filming has begun...maybe the 2021 film needs its own thread apart from the DC thread. If not, well it'll just be me posting updates for myself lol.

London set photos have started popping up online.

While the first shot of Pattinson is clearly a Bruce Wayne one (no batsuit), spoiler warning as there's a pretty clear shot of Colin Farrell as The Penguin, umbrella and all...

Pumped!

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Color me excited. Guess Matt Reeves forgot to confirm of Colin’s casting as he did for everyone else.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    If Star Wars can have a thread for any conceivable combination of any of it's movies, this definitely deserves a thread.

It's been a while since I've been excited about a Batman movie, but the casting has me pretty pumped on this one

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    You sure that's Colin Farrall? Looks more like Henry Rollins.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Did we know The Penguin was going to be the villain prior to this? I thought they were still doing Deathstroke, but that was announced back when it was still Affleck.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    Did we know The Penguin was going to be the villain prior to this? I thought they were still doing Deathstroke, but that was announced back when it was still Affleck.
    Yep, just had no clue who was going to play him (for sure). Josh Gad posted in October 2019 that he was not playing The Penguin, a month later it was announced that Colin Farrell would likely be in the role (news broke November 5).

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Is the world ready for a sexy The Penguin?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Is Colin Farrell sexy? It'll be weird to have a trim & in-shape Penguin instead of a round & fat Penguin, that's for sure.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    Is Colin Farrell sexy? It'll be weird to have a trim & in-shape Penguin instead of a round & fat Penguin, that's for sure.
    Somebody never watched Gotham.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Yep, just had no clue who was going to play him (for sure). Josh Gad posted in October 2019 that he was not playing The Penguin, a month later it was announced that Colin Farrell would likely be in the role (news broke November 5).

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Triggermine View Post
    Somebody never watched Gotham.
    That's an accurate statement. I'd heard bad things and it didn't look good to me. I could be wrong, but I haven't invested the time to find out (not sure I ever will, for that matter).

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    For sure. That guy fucks.

I enjoyed Penguin's depiction as a sleazy bookie in Brian Azarello's Joker.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Doesn't look like Farell to me apart from the eyebrows? Wasn't he a bit more buff in recent times? Was thinking about Falcone or even Alfred but neither Serkis nor Turturro look similiar like the person in teh low res pic.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    I'm very much looking forward to this, the casting is VERY good. Although i'm surprised nobody else noticed on that screen rant article within the movie releases we're getting a DC Super Pets film...BEFORE The Flash!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Looks like Colin Farrell starts filming his scenes in a few weeks.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Man I hope this turns out good. I'm nervous having so many villains in there might give it Spider-Man 3 syndrome, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed anyway. I'm so burned out on the whole superhero genre at this point, but Batman is the only superhero I still care about.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey View Post
    I'm very much looking forward to this, the casting is VERY good. Although i'm surprised nobody else noticed on that screen rant article within the movie releases we're getting a DC Super Pets film...BEFORE The Flash!
    dude, how many directors/writers have they gone through on the Flash movie? are we up to four now, I think?

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Man I hope this turns out good. I'm nervous having so many villains in there might give it Spider-Man 3 syndrome, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed anyway. I'm so burned out on the whole superhero genre at this point, but Batman is the only superhero I still care about.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    To be fair i don't think this is going to be the same. SM3 they tried to fit 3 villains in all as main antagonists, all with their own story-lines...and it broke the movie. This one is taking ques from the comic, and all the villains are just their to service the main antagonist. They'll mostly just be glorified cameos for the most part as Bats works his way through the mystery of who the real villain is.

EDIT : My grammar is awful, sorry.
    Last edited by Haysey_Draws; 01-27-2020 at 02:24 AM.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey View Post
    To be fair i don't think this is going to be the same. SM3 they tried to fit 3 villains in all as main antagonists, all with their own story-lines...and it broke the movie. This one is taking ques from the comic, and all the villains are just their to service the main antagonist. They'll mostly just be glorified cameos for the most part as Bats works his way through the mystery of who the real villain is.
    my wife and i watched spider man 3 last night (it was her first time, my first since i saw it in the theater 13 years ago) just so we can listen to the How Did This Get Made episode on it. it is even more terrible and embarrassing than i remembered. like...holy shit. the only good parts of the movie are elizabeth banks & jk simmons' interactions, and kirsten dunst's acting.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mfte View Post
    Is the world ready for a sexy The Penguin?
    I am the world, and the answer is yes.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantra View Post
    I am the world, and the answer is yes.
    Hello World.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I think Robert Pattinson is a great actor, and he was phenomenal in The Lighthouse, but I am struggling to picture him as Batman. So I am anxious to see how that looks. Obviously everyone was surprised by Heath Ledger when he was first announced, so I'm hoping Pattinson's Batman will be a similar unexpected treat.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    *breathing intensifies*

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    *breathing intensifies*

This is a bit of a weird comment...but that handwriting on that board is neat and clean as fuck. I really wanna be able to write like that! (I'm assuming that's a white board and it gets wiped and re-written for every take)

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Well, I don't think that Falcone will play that big of a role, so we have a Riddler/Pengiun team-up with Catwoman taking a similar role as in the Dark Knight Rises. Not too over-stuffed imho. Personally I have major gripes with the casting tough except for Pattinson (several mockups of him with the cape look very cool and slick, although I much prefered a hulking Batman akin to Frank Miller/Afflek).

I'm curious about some behind the scenes stuff either way and I do have hopes thanks to Reeves.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Laurence R. Harvey from The Human Centipede II should have been cast as The Penguin. Major missed opportunity.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I feel his look may a bit too on the nose lol.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    OH MY GOOD SWEET ZOMBIE JESUS THE BATSUIT

https://vimeo.com/391277390

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    oh my good sweet zombie jesus the batsuit

https://vimeo.com/391277390
    Fuck. Yes.
    Last edited by wight rabbit; 02-13-2020 at 06:14 PM. Reason: I can't type in all caps?