9 Post(s)
    Started to learn German again. Fallen in to a Falco rabbit hole

And Major Tom

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    RIP EARL SIMMONS AKA. DMX

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks for the share @elevenism, really appreciate it! We're a bit more grimey on our album tracks that weren't singles (aka one's that don't have a video), they may appeal to the Downward Spiral in all of us! Here's something else

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Two Minutes to Late Night finally released their Splitsville cover videos - which I watched on repeat for about an hour back then - and they're so good. The heart behind the "Youth Overrided" cover / video combo is amazing. I mean the video production on "Moor" is good too but there's something about the other one.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    ERRA really knocked it out of the park with their latest, eponymous release. In what seems to be a recurring theme for them, the final song is beautiful musically with melancholy lyrics and leaves me with a feeling of longing and the inability to stop replaying it. No screams, nothing heavy...just a slow burning build to a fantastic crescendo.

I think it's second only to "The Hypnotist" from 2016's Drift.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    So, in spite of all that's holy, I can't get enough of this song. I thought that MGK switching genres was fucking stupid, but THIS is just a whole hell of a lot of fun, and of course, Corpse Husband is fucking awesome.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

But no album announcement

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    So, in spite of all that's holy, I can't get enough of this song. I thought that MGK switching genres was fucking stupid, but THIS is just a whole hell of a lot of fun, and of course, Corpse Husband is fucking awesome.
    It's not the greatest album ever and the studio banter on almost every track is slightly annoying, but I was pleasantly surprised with Tickets to my Downfall on the whole. The Paramore cover (possibly only on the deluxe version?) was a nice addition, too.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    @cdm that surprise new Quicksand song out of nowhere is excellent! Listened to a 2 hour interview with Walter recently & he didn't even hint towards anything like that. Sneaky devil.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    @cdm that surprise new Quicksand song out of nowhere is excellent!
    Walter and Sergio did a little IG Live thing yesterday. They both tiptoed around the questions about an album but Sergio let slip some details while waiting for Walter to figure out his IG troubles:

1. The song was recorded last year before covid.
    2. "The album" has been in the can for a year.
    3. Walter specifically mentioned how difficult it was to do podcasts and interviews without mentioning the new material.
    4. They both seem genuinely excited about what they have going on.

Seems weird to release a new song and not capitalize on the buzz to sell preorders...but what do I know. I really like Interiors but the new song is a welcome veer back towards Quicksand and away from the Rival Schools flavor.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    so that's who Doja Cat is. I was listening to a podcast the other day and someone on it said they were asked to be available for 12 hours for a 90-minute shoot at a site that's a two-hour drive from his house.

he said no.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    been listening to a ton of Boy Harsher. they're amazing.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Side note: holy cow at the fan bundle they put together.

three copies of the new album on vinyl, the gold one is limited to 500 copies, the pink and gray are limited to 1000, and the pink double one has a copy of the album that came out a year ago today.
    Last edited by allegate; 04-16-2021 at 10:37 AM.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    @allegate I ordered that super-deluxe package a couple hours ago! It's going to be a looong wait until probably end of August when it actually arrives from the UK.

Also annoying: the album is up on Tidal. I have Tidal integrated with Roon. The album is not available in Tidal via Roon. I need to listen via Roon because of the parametric EQ and having a severe issue with ~2750 Hz as produced by my ZMF Verite C headphones.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    The weird thing is that when I clicked the link in my email on my computer I only saw the vinyl + book bundle so I ordered that. The confirmation email said no book so I contacted support and they said "well, we fixed it so try again" so I did but I was at work and email is blocked so I had to use my phone. I clicked the link and boom that bundle showed up. I couldn't say no to that.

I was wondering what reddit was talking about with the "massive Historians bundle". Like, woo a book and a record. yay? I just hope they cancel the other one.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    I just hope they cancel the other one.
    I'm sure they will. Music Glue is pretty good to work with and the band's manager Ian is great. Hopefully he wouldn't need to get involved but I'm sure if it comes down to it, they'll get right with you.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    This "new" Shikari release is extremely disappointing. The live at home songs are especially disappointing. Yes, they recorded their parts live together but separately from their respective homes. The recordings sound like Rou's tracks are soundboard/professional and Rory, Chris, and Rob are all from poor quality YouTube feeds. They also should've had excellent quality tracks from their respective hubs (or maybe even Rou had it all piped in remotely?). The mixing is just terrible and, in general, these "live at home" songs sound like it's a cover band playing sloppy versions. "Satellites" is especially disappointing. It sounds so hollow/empty and disjointed.

And as for the rest...I'm generally not a fan of acoustic music because I just find it boring and extremely repetitive. Well, these acoustic tracks are all boring and repetitive and the totally unnecessary changes to timing/tempo and song structure only make them worse.

Maybe this'll grow on me over time but I highly doubt it. At least I only spent ~$300 on it.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I've been listening to them as they release and yeah they sound ish - especially the backing vocals on Rat Race, whew - but it's not that bad.

Then again I've only had ~9 months with the band so I'm still in the honeymoon phase.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    I've been listening to them as they release and yeah they sound ish - especially the backing vocals on Rat Race, whew - but it's not that bad.

Then again I've only had ~9 months with the band so I'm still in the honeymoon phase.
    Oh man, I'm jealous. I've been obsessed with this band for at least 6 years now and remember how exciting it was to discover how many releases they have. There is SO much music--so many one-off singles that aren't on albums, too. They're second only to NIN for me. And much like NIN, their sound is constantly changing and evolving. Not sure how deep you've gone but they've got their "Bootleg Series" of releases--most of which are out of print and almost none of them are on streaming services. Live at Alexandria Palace [2016] was the first one they released on streaming services and I believe the only other ones are Live at Deezer (exclusive to Deezer and available nowhere else), and then Live at Ally Pally 2, and Live in Moscow--both from 2017. The Last Spark (from Belgium 2019) might also be there.

ANYWAY, I bring it up because they are fucking PHENOMENAL live and this release is doing them a major disservice. I honestly am surprised they were okay with this being put out. It is so off-brand for them.

If we ever get to go to shows again and you have an opportunity to see them, do it! Their shows in the UK, EU, and Russia are massive, MASSIVE affairs...on the Celebration of 10 Years of Take to the Skies tour in early 2017, there were maybe 300 people at a 1200-person venue here in Denver. But it was incredible. Rou was at the merch booth during the openers, talking with fans, taking pics (got one with him!), and signing stuff and then during the show, he came out into the crowd and did "Return to Energiser" from the soundboard table which I was leaning against. Got a bunch of video and pics. And then during "The Appeal & The Mindsweep II" which closed every show during that era (and I would say is one of the best show-closing tracks of any band), both Rory and Rou were on the floor rocking out with us in the pit with their guitars. It's a bummer they don't have the following here but it also presents some great opportunities for really cool, intimate shows.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    gonna be a revival tonight? Lord?
    Forgive what I have done.
    It means my soul survival.
    I need you so insane
    put an end to my suffering

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Seems unlikely that there are many bluegrass fans here, but anyone who can appreciate musical talent might want to check out this promising young musician:

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

These two have been on heavy rotation

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I got a copy of WITH_TEETH today and I love the sound of that record so much. Took me back to an earlier time. I love the way it's stomping sound gives way to it's wall of electronic sounds. A really transformative time.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I've really been in to Billy Joel lately.
    He is an interesting character occupying an odd in-limbo space somewhere between Bruce Springsteen and Elton John. Though he doesn't seem to be as revered as either. Perhaps because he has no distinct persona and looks like a middle manager of an office. It is undeniable that the man wrote hit after hit. His 1993 album River of Dreams has been playing on loop at my place. The title track is one of my all time favourite pop-rock songs of all time. The track is so fire that the verse and the hook are the same thing! The chorus of the album opener No Man's Land gets my juices flowing.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Happy Earth Day!

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)