Page 125 of 263 FirstFirst ... 25 75 115 123 124 125 126 127 135 175 225 ... LastLast
Results 3,721 to 3,750 of 7873

Thread: Tool

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Pumped!
    Last edited by Mr. Blaileen; 09-11-2018 at 06:36 PM.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    A positive update from Maynard without of a bunch of sarcasm and cynicism actually makes me feel pretty positive about this whole thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    2019. It's OFFICIAL!! It's the first time we are given a "date"!

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    *insert IT'S HAPPENING gif here*

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    ever since the rape allegation I feel sick at the thought of Maynard
    I have not listened to the new APC album
    an artist I had a lot invested in *very likely* turned out to be a real shit: his response was so shitty, it alone was very revealing
    the idea of a new Tool album just fills me with dismay

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I'm calling 12/31/19 at 11:59pm.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aggroculture View Post
    ever since the rape allegation I feel sick at the thought of Maynard
    I have not listened to the new APC album
    an artist I had a lot invested in *very likely* turned out to be a real shit: his response was so shitty, it alone was very revealing
    the idea of a new Tool album just fills me with dismay
    If you're referring to the allegations that arose from Twitter which also accused Trent, I seem to recall those being bogus.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Those allegations were officially confirmed as a hoax across multiple sources. It was found that the person claiming the allegations was a fraud and had posted similar allegations about Trent Reznor. While it has been proven that MJK did involve himself in sex with groupies, there has been no confirmations that he ever did so with people who were unwilling. If this had been a confirmed allegation and MJK had a track record of rape, many people would have come forward with their stories; it did not happen.

While I do feel MJK could have handled his response better, I can also understand his frustration at the claim but also at the public for being so quick to believe a stranger's claim.

And just for the record, I would be one of the first to denounce all fandom for Maynard if the claim had been proven true.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RevolvingSheep View Post
    Those allegations were officially confirmed as a hoax across multiple sources. It was found that the person claiming the allegations was a fraud and had posted similar allegations about Trent Reznor.
    this statement is false; there were people sowing doubt over the story, and that's it. the doubt-sowers said that two twitter accounts registered to the same email (practically impossible) were accusing both men of rape around the same time, but this was never demonstrated in any meaningful way; it was just a story that the two accounts were linked.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    this statement is false; there were people sowing doubt over the story, and that's it. the doubt-sowers said that two twitter accounts registered to the same email (practically impossible) were accusing both men of rape around the same time, but this was never demonstrated in any meaningful way; it was just a story that the two accounts were linked.
    I felt sick and was worried to death about it but there doesn’t seem to be anything there. Nothing substantial ever came of it.

I always give the victim the benefit of belief but nothing else has checked out with the alleged victim’s story and multiple sources have said that backstage passes were pretty thoroughly vetted.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Well, she also refused to talk to any media because she claimed she was doing an interview with Rolling Stone. I get the feeling that if there was anything to this they would have published that interview.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    @aggroculture you can use mytwitterbirthday to check when any account was made and the two accounts were made within the same hour, with the TR one being first, so not created to reply to it. Very shady in my opinion and I would probably have believed the maynard one if it weren't for that

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I'm longing for the day when we can move on and actually be talking about new tool music.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    I'm longing for the day when we can move on and actually be talking about new tool music.
    Careful what you wish for. If/when it finally comes up, it'll probably be a mix of "it's Tool so it's obviously awesome" and "I waited fucking 20 years for this shit?", with maybe one or two actual reviews hidden between the insults that the opposing viewpoint holders hurl at each other. I do hope I'm wrong.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    Careful what you wish for. If/when it finally comes up, it'll probably be a mix of "it's Tool so it's obviously awesome" and "I waited fucking 20 years for this shit?", with maybe one or two actual reviews hidden between the insults that the opposing viewpoint holders hurl at each other. I do hope I'm wrong.
    There are also Tool fans that have hated everything after Ænima. Of course there will be people that hate it. I can't imagine it being bad though. I mean, Danny fucking Carey is playing percussion on it. Unless Maynard records himself jerking off his dick for 80 minutes, it should be entertaining.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pulse View Post
    I mean, Danny fucking Carey is playing percussion on it. Unless Maynard records himself jerking off his dick for 80 minutes, it should be entertaining.
    Even great artists can put out underwhelming music sometimes. And I bet a not insignificant number of people would give MJK wanking it for 80 minutes a 10/10. Tool have one of the weirdest fanbases of any popular act of the last several decades.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I think the worry should be about Adam Jones wanking it since he seems to have been the one that has kept this thing held up forever. Now with Maynard, you should worry about him phoning it in.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Beach View Post
    Now with Maynard, you should worry about him phoning it in.
    Hearing what he did with Eat The Elephant, I’m not at all worried about that.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I just hope that the reason this has taken so long to complete is that Tool is going forward with the rumored album/movie. I remember hearing a while back that they were talking about doing something like Pink Floyd did with The Wall.

Who knows. We might get a double album and full length movie that Adam Jones has helped usher.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I doubt it. Probably more like a 9 track album.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Or five 10-minute songs and three of them are instrumentals.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bachy View Post
    Hearing what he did with Eat The Elephant, I’m not at all worried about that.
    If we're going off of "eat the elephant" than yes, we should be worried about Maynard phoning it in. He couldn't have sounded more bored and uninspired than on that record.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    If we're going off of "eat the elephant" than yes, we should be worried about Maynard phoning it in. He couldn't have sounded more bored and uninspired than on that record.
    I disagree, but I think the reason some people think that is the overall slower tempo of the songs on the album. I imagine that's not likely going to be a concern for the new Tool album.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    Or five 10-minute songs and three of them are instrumentals.
    Don't forget

Interlude 1: [[Excerpt from a Coast to Coast AM broadcast]]

Interlude 2: [[Maynard's cat farting, extended for two minutes layered underneath a backwards-masked recipe for lemon meringue pie spoken entirely in Afrikaans]]

Note: I still do enjoy Tool. Really!

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Wait.

Maynard’s got a cat?...

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    Wait.

Maynard’s got a cat?...
    If I remember my Tool FAQ correctly, it’s the sound on Mantra.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    I’d agree to disagree. I feel like “Feathers” is some of the best work he’s done to date.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Yeah I thought Maynard sounded the best he has in awhile on ETE.
    Last edited by BrokenSpiral; 09-15-2018 at 07:01 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BrokenSpiral View Post
    Yeah I thought Maynard sounded the best he has in awhile on ETE.
    im in that camp as well, has me more excited for the Tool record (just hope he goes heavier).

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by center27j View Post
    im in that camp as well, has me more excited for the Tool record (just hope he goes heavier).
    I feel like he avoided using his lower range much on ETE so I wouldn’t be surprised to hear more of it on anything Tool does.