Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Mortal Kombat 11

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I HATE Ranked. Why did they have to add an achievement to it? Let alone one I'll never be lucky enough to get. I lose every goddamn match I play. 2/10 ranked stats. I want to face shitheads who suck ass that I can destroy in 20 seconds. Why am I never lucky to find this?

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    So, another double post but no is talking?

I've been practicing with my game to try and get my Kotal Kahn game strong. War God is brutal shit. I'm starting to learn combos and timing...can pull off a 6 hit 28% combo. W00t.

Erron Black
    Kotal Kahn
    ??????

I tried with Mileena but she's difficult.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    I HATE Ranked. Why did they have to add an achievement to it? Let alone one I'll never be lucky enough to get. I lose every goddamn match I play. 2/10 ranked stats. I want to face shitheads who suck ass that I can destroy in 20 seconds. Why am I never lucky to find this?
    I got the trophy for the 10 rank wins in a row. I just did the upload cloud method. Ha

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thiah View Post
    I got the trophy for the 10 rank wins in a row. I just did the upload cloud method. Ha
    Might need to try that....

http://www.gamesradar.com/jason-voor...at-x-he-films/

Funny ^

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Best way to get the Ranked trophy is day one of the game. Sit down in training, learn some combos, dive right in and murder all the casuals who hop in without knowing what they're doing. That's what i did this time and last.

Absolutely cannot freaking wait for Tanya...

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
    Best way to get the Ranked trophy is day one of the game. Sit down in training, learn some combos, dive right in and murder all the casuals who hop in without knowing what they're doing. That's what i did this time and last.

Absolutely cannot freaking wait for Tanya...
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/05/...date-announced

June 2nd (next Tuesday) for Kombat pass holders like myself.

I'll probably use Erron Black, Kotal Kahn and Tanya.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    She's hard as shit to use (in my opinion) but Tanya handles like a dream. I love her play styles. I like both variations minus Pyromancer.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    She's dirty, controls space very efficiently, is full of options, and I like it. Top 5 character easily.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    She's dirty, controls space very efficiently, is full of options, and I like it. Top 5 character easily.
    This is a Player Match with my Erron Black facing a GOOD Tanya player. I won though.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Uh....

-Repeated attempt to jump-in for single combo, check
    -No attempts at 50/50 mixup re: aerial drill vs splits in the corner
    -No run pressure attempts
    -Getting up into unblocked projectiles
    -No teleport into neutral jump punch attempts, not even one

....I really, really do not want to offend you or anything, but that is not a good Tanya player. Not even close. That's someone who learned like one juggle combo and based their entire strategy on landing it after a jump-in.

Now, once you start seeing that pop-up tonfa combo of hers at the very least followed with a jump-kick-> teleport -> neutral jump punch -> lord knows what else after that....then I'd say it's time to be worried.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Uh....

-Repeated attempt to jump-in for single combo, check
    -No attempts at 50/50 mixup re: aerial drill vs splits in the corner
    -No run pressure attempts
    -Getting up into unblocked projectiles
    -No teleport into neutral jump punch attempts, not even one

....I really, really do not want to offend you or anything, but that is not a good Tanya player. Not even close. That's someone who learned like one juggle combo and based their entire strategy on landing it after a jump-in.

Now, once you start seeing that pop-up tonfa combo of hers at the very least followed with a jump-kick-> teleport -> neutral jump punch -> lord knows what else after that....then I'd say it's time to be worried.
    Well, let's put it this way: "Good online" opponent with Tanya. I have fought some shitty Tanya players since Tuesday but he's the only one who managed to juggle combo and even beat me a few times when he shouldn't have. Most Tanyas I have fought spam the boomerang tonfa throw and the flip kick. So it was refreshing to see that.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    I'm retiring from MKX. I absolutely hate the online players. For every 1 guy who plays fair, there is 2 more guys behind him that do nothing but do full screen spams and does the same shit over and over again, making the match completely intolerable for me. I have no problem quitting out in mid-match because the other player plays like an asshole. It's not rage quitting, it's you acting like a fucking asshole ruining the online experience of the game.

I'm actually a decent player and I like to think I'm pretty good with Mileena and can hold my own, but once you start doing cheap moves (constant teleports Scorpions ground grab to name a few cheap tricks) over and over again, I'll just quit on you.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Online community for this game is a mess. 80% shitbags, 15% spammers and 5% no life combo stringers who make it so you can't do anything. I love the game but finding my desire to play online going down the toilet.

Predator is supposed to be out today for Kombat pass owners. he has yet to show up on Xbox.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    15%? You're being too kind.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    15%? You're being too kind.
    Most of my "spammers" are tryhard shitbags who zone out and do repetitive things that are tedious and flat out boring to fight against. Same combo linkers and same projectiles. I very rarely come in contact with flat out spammers that do 1 move the entire match.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I haven't played against any "shitbags". Just spammers. Then again, I haven't played in awhile.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I haven't played against any "shitbags". Just spammers. Then again, I haven't played in awhile.
    I'm with you now.

I thought I'd dabble in ranked Matches this afternoon and what a waste of time. I am now 3/17 in w/l ratio and I couldn't feel any more upset or angry. I use Erron Black

3 matches I had in a row from oldest to most recent:

vs Goro. He did nothing but throw fireballs, punch walk and use jump move. he did no combos and absolutely no mix ups. Spammed the same three moves. I lost due to chip damage and douchebaggery.

vs Predator. He did nothing but spam Predator grab and low hit combo to mid range kick/staff combo. Same fucking rinse and repeat shit. Predictable yes but a bitch to block. In the corner it was impossible to block. I lost after I stopped giving a shit and set my controller down on the table.

vs Kung Jin. He did the same universally used rinse and repeat combo with the jump kick, dive punch linker and staff spin. I beat his ass hard the first round when i got him to the corner. The next two rounds proceeded to be chip damage rounds as he did NOTHING but shoot arrows at me the entire next two rounds. Any offense I tried was halted by that whack ass jump kick, dive punch combo.

Fucking garbage. The online players were NEVER this atrocious on MK9.

I'll even brag. I'm not a horrible player. I can consistently hit 25%-30% combos with Erron Black. i memorized every single fucking combo, predicament, mix up and linker. I know what the fuck to do and how to do. I even have some animations memorized to death due to practice. I can even best AI on hard most of the time. YET, I still lose online. To every shitheel. EVERYONE. I don't fucking get it. I lose 60%-80% of my matches.

Check out this clip I did of a player match earlier. WTF is this garbage? Who plays like that for fun? Seriously watch.

I ended up winning, t-bagged his sorry ass to the stone age and did a fatality. Fuck you, dickhead.
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 08-08-2015 at 02:56 PM.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    I'm not trying to insult you or anything, but maybe Erron's just not your character? Maybe you might be better served with someone who's got a teleport if spamming gives you that much trouble. And you should be pushing for 30-40% damage rather than 25-30; that's what I average with Mileena.

And why would anyone use more than one combo, if the one they're using is working so well against you every time? Or fireballs, for that matter? Honestly, if I see something's hitting you, why wouldn't I keep using it? Because it's not fair? See, I'd say a 100% combo is the kind of thing that isn't fair. That's the kind of thing that players should feel dirty about using, the kind of thing that gets fixed and patched out.

I used to be in the same boat when I was younger, you know? I hated projectile spam. It used to be really awful back in the days of SFII, but nowadays most characters have tools to get around that. I mean, that's why they gave Zangief the ol' green hand. But some are always going to have more trouble with it than others.

You look at a lot of professional matches at EVO and the like, and you'll see fights where it's just Ryu and Sagat whipping fireballs at each other all day, each player waiting for the other to make a mistake. Spam's a valid strategy. Sure it's not fun to watch and it can be hard to deal with, but basically it's how you're supposed to play Guile, for example. Reason he exists. His entire playstyle is peppering you with Sonic Booms and waiting for you to jump. That guy's not using Sub incorrectly; but I'm glad you beat him.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I'm not trying to insult you or anything, but maybe Erron's just not your character? Maybe you might be better served with someone who's got a teleport if spamming gives you that much trouble. And you should be pushing for 30-40% damage rather than 25-30; that's what I average with Mileena.

And why would anyone use more than one combo, if the one they're using is working so well against you every time? Or fireballs, for that matter? Honestly, if I see something's hitting you, why wouldn't I keep using it? Because it's not fair? See, I'd say a 100% combo is the kind of thing that isn't fair. That's the kind of thing that players should feel dirty about using, the kind of thing that gets fixed and patched out.

I used to be in the same boat when I was younger, you know? I hated projectile spam. It used to be really awful back in the days of SFII, but nowadays most characters have tools to get around that. I mean, that's why they gave Zangief the ol' green hand. But some are always going to have more trouble with it than others.

You look at a lot of professional matches at EVO and the like, and you'll see fights where it's just Ryu and Sagat whipping fireballs at each other all day, each player waiting for the other to make a mistake. Spam's a valid strategy. Sure it's not fun to watch and it can be hard to deal with, but basically it's how you're supposed to play Guile, for example. Reason he exists. His entire playstyle is peppering you with Sonic Booms and waiting for you to jump. That guy's not using Sub incorrectly; but I'm glad you beat him.
    I use Black because he has good tools and versatility. I'm also an average Kotal Khan player and a mediocre Quan Chi.

I'm not MLG and I don't no life fighting games. I'm a versatile game player who loves fighters. I'm honestly a good to fair player. I could spam the goddamn glass grenades or sandslide every match the entire time but what's the fun in that shit? I try to do things that wouldn't piss me off if I was playing myself. I use and end a lot of my combos with sandslide so there's that. Hardly anyone blocks that shit.

I just can't effectively, patiently or care enough to play tedious matches where one asshole does 2 goddamn moves across the arena. Projectile spammers are hard for Outlaw Black. I'd rather lose and move on. I wouldn't complain as much but friends don't play this anymore so I can't get fun and consistent matches so I'm forced to fight pricks online.

I see projectile matches as bottom of the barrel tactics. EVO pro or not.
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 08-08-2015 at 05:28 PM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Realistic fatalities!

NSFW and fair warning...it's supposed to have a comical twist but it's pretty nasty.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Twenty years ago today, the MK movie hit theatres.

I'm fucking OLD.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    MKX will have another season of DLC. Four more characters and the Pit stage is all but confirmed. Guy on the right is very probably Bo Rai Cho.

Ed Boon teases character silhouettes and the official announcement.

Press release
    Last edited by Shadaloo; 09-04-2015 at 10:41 AM. Reason: Fixed hyperlink

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    MKX will have another season of DLC. Four more characters and the Pit stage is all but confirmed. Guy on the right is very probably Bo Rai Cho.

Ed Boon's teases silhouettes, and the official announcement

Press release
    I'm game for these.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Realistic fatalities!

NSFW and fair warning...it's supposed to have a comical twist but it's pretty nasty.

Holy McFuck!

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Holy McFuck!
    Guess you never got to play this on PS3, considering they canned it and all....

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Ehhhhhhhh. I only wanted Sektor out of that.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Who is the fourth one? The cyborg?

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Who is the fourth one? The cyborg?
    Leather face
    Bo Rai Cho
    Sektor
    Xenomorph

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    No, the cyborg character's called 'Tri-Borg', and will have one fighting style each from Sektor, Cyrax and Cyber-Smoke.

As an MK purist, I can't believe Bo Rai Cho is the best I get out of this. I'm not bothering.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    No, the cyborg character's called 'Tri-Borg', and will have one fighting style each from Sektor, Cyrax and Cyber-Smoke.

As an MK purist, I can't believe Bo Rai Cho is the best I get out of this. I'm not bothering.
    Thought it was Sektor, didn't really look much into it outside the video. Eh.

I wish they wouldn't have added more guest characters and if they were to do so, only one. Not two. Two wasted spots.
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 12-04-2015 at 10:58 AM.