Page 123 of 154 FirstFirst ... 23 73 113 121 122 123 124 125 133 ... LastLast
Results 3,661 to 3,690 of 4618

Thread: What Are You Watching?

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    @bobbie solo both paddington movies are SO GOOD and they have no business being that good, but i love​ them

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Just...

just don't watch The Shape of Water within a few days of Paddington. Like, either Paddington. Definitely made the underwater scene in P2...interesting.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Springsteen's "Western Stars" film. It's fantastic. Very underrated record & it comes to life in the film.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    @bobbie solo both paddington movies are SO GOOD and they have no business being that good, but i love​ them
    they are pretty much perfect. Plenty there for adults, plenty of silliness and slapstick for kids, great animation, and Paddington is just adorable. This is how to make a wholesome film without wanting to gouge out your eyes. I think it works even better for non British children too, as there is that extra flavor of education and curiosity about their culture in there too.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Starting this Sunday, a channel here, in Canada, will be showing the entire series of House; all 8 seasons during the 2 weeks of the holidays.

This is the best gift EVER. My favorite misanthropic asshole, a true Grinch, all day long.

My body is ready!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    A Million Little Pieces, 8/10

Togo, 7/10

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Slower than I expected but I enjoyed it.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    some things i've watched in the last week or so:

the perfection - this movie had so many twists that i thought my head was going to come off, but i ended up liking it a lot, despite some of the extremely upsetting subject matter

klaus - it's cool, i only cried like four times, don't worry about it! but seriously, gorgeous animation, lovely story, perfectly balanced

child's play & child's play 2 - recently realized i had only ever seen the third entry in the franchise, so i wanted to rectify it. my wife and i watched the first one separately but at the same time so we were texting each other the whole time and it was really fun. second one was just about as good as the first, though i missed tom holland's directing style.

hush - i love mike flanagan, he has zero misses for me so far (haven't seen gerald's game and probably won't ever). the fact that he and kate siegel wrote this together and she acted her ass off while he directed it is awesome. i really want to discuss this with a deaf person to get their thoughts on how it was done. but yeah, i loved this movie. a brilliant twist on the home-invasion thriller that doesn't fall into many of the same traps & tropes that usually plague the sub-genre.

lord of illusions - pretty sure i watched the director's cut. definitely not clive barker's best, but it was fun. shirtless scott bakula and (always awesome) famke janssen? thank you!

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    hush - i love mike flanagan, he has zero misses for me so far (haven't seen gerald's game and probably won't ever). the fact that he and kate siegel wrote this together and she acted her ass off while he directed it is awesome. i really want to discuss this with a deaf person to get their thoughts on how it was done. but yeah, i loved this movie. a brilliant twist on the home-invasion thriller that doesn't fall into many of the same traps & tropes that usually plague the sub-genre.
    This one is definitely on my list. I looooved The Haunting of Hill House and want to see more of what he's done. I've also heard great things about Ouiji: Origin of Evil.

As for me I saw a couple movies this week, one of which I loved (Little Women) and one of which I absolutely hated (A Hidden Life). I will say, A Hidden Life might honestly be the most beautiful film I have ever seen from a visual standpoint. Absolutely, stunningly, amazingly gorgeous. But my god, I was bored to tears. I get that Malick isn't for everyone and after seeing two of his films I have to say he's not for me.

I am also trying (trying) to get into Succession. I stalled out halfway through the second episode. I have heard amazing things about this show and HBO has made some of my favorite shows ever so I am trying to stick with it. I have heard it gets really good in an episode or two. I heard the same thing about The Leftovers and that ended up being one of my favorite shows ever, so. We'll see.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tried watching "Proud Mary".

Got about a half hour in and decided that it felt waaaay too much like a car commercial in terms of style (and maybe it was just a car commercial, plenty of movies like that... but they shouldn't feel​ like one)... and it felt kinda paint by numbers already. The acting was alright...

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Marriage Story - not as bad as its trailer, but not as good as the 10/10 reviews. It's quite okay, definitely worth a try from everyone. PSA for the guy viewers: don't give up if you find the first half hour boring or straight up annoying. I hated it until it switched to the guy's perspective, then - for me - it picked up the pace, + Adam Driver is amazing.

Frozen 2 - too much of an episode 1 rehash for my taste, but it's worth a watch if you liked the previous one, because story-wise it's the same, just with different jokes and songs. Which is fine I guess.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theruiner View Post
    This one is definitely on my list. I looooved The Haunting of Hill House and want to see more of what he's done. I've also heard great things about Ouiji: Origin of Evil.
    shit, i forgot he did ouija: origin of evil. still need to see that one! it's not streaming on anything right now, though :/
    amazing how many different streaming services we pay for (netflix, hulu, amazon prime, disney+, and also get stuff via my parents' direcTV subscription, and my friend lets us use his shudder account) but there are still so many things that aren't available to watch. -_-

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    I just watched The Killing of a Sacred Deer. I...am kind of blown away right now. Holy shit, that was awesome.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theruiner View Post
    I just watched The Killing of a Sacred Deer. I...am kind of blown away right now. Holy shit, that was awesome.
    Been meaning to watch this for a while now. I’ll have to gets on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    It's AWESOME. I did not expect it to be that good. What an absolute trip.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

I'm of two minds on this one, either the Americans handling the prosecution and exchange were a bunch of chumps who wanted their names on important memos oooooorrrrrrr it's a piece of anti-US propaganda (but given the general tone of the movie and over all outcome, of everyone on the Czech/USSR side of things, not really that likely in my opinion).

But that the outcome... how everything got there is worth watching.

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Is Euphoria supposed to be taken seriously? I've watched two episodes, and if it is 100% serious, this is one dogshit of a show. But if it is supposed to be a reflection of how high-schoolers view their life, opposed to how it really is, then it's quite smart, and I am willing to continue. For example, we may see them partying, fucking and 420-ing all day, every day, but it's just in their head, it's just how they think their life is. Sadly, in either cases, the main character is fucking annoying, but everyone else peaked my interest.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    I saw The Grudge (2020) the other day.

It was one of the worst movies I’ve seen in recent memory, and that’s coming from someone who WANTED it to be good. Some of those shots were bad enough to actually make me laugh out loud. It was not a good time. :/ The only thing that kept me from leaving 20 minutes in was my pride.

And I’m well aware that you can’t have a horror movie without some bad decisions, but there are some downright puzzling decisions made by these characters that I genuinely can’t believe a person of sound mind would make, even in a spooky situation. So baffling. Shame that it turned out the way it did, given the people involved with it. It SHOULD have worked.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tin star.(?) Is odd but good. Also started on Dracula on Netflix. So far it's pretty good.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Watched Sunshine (2007), this time with technical advisor (Brian Cox) commentary, and then again with director (Danny Boyle) commentary. There aren't many movies I watch more than once, and almost none I care about commentary, but Sunshine, yes.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    I LOVE Servant. 2 more episodes left, and i'm hoping the ending does not disappoint. Even if it does, though, the journey has been great.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    No thread on Jojo Rabbit? It was fantastic!

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by icklekitty View Post
    No thread on Jojo Rabbit? It was fantastic!
    i watched it this morning, and it was, yeah. it was fucking GREAT.
    The acting, the genre bending, the humor, the powerful and timely message, and the fact that it pulls all of this off while treading into controversial, PRETTY much uncharted territory, make for a fairly incredible experience.

I was actually going to mention it in my last post in this thread, but i didn't want to speak on two things in one post, as they are both so good.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Anyone watching the Jeopardy GOAT Tournament? I think James will win.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ickyvicky View Post
    Anyone watching the Jeopardy GOAT Tournament? I think James will win.
    I'm definitely watching it, and, good GOD, the questions are hard!

I'm not so sure James will win, but I hope he does.

What's sad about the thing is that it REALLY, to me, feels like a sendoff for Alex.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Did any of you guys catch the BBC/Netflix Dracula series?

I have a bit of a goth streak. I went in with low expectations, and wound up getting a BIG kick out of it- especially the first episode.

I would highly recommend it to anyone who has ever been in to vampire stuff, be it Stoker, Rice, Buffy or Castlevania.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    I couldn't believe Brad got in the negative last night. He definitely got the hardest questions.

Do you know if this is the time when Alex is going to say goodbye?

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    Did any of you guys catch the BBC/Netflix Dracula series?

I have a bit of a goth streak. I went in with low expectations, and wound up getting a BIG kick out of it- especially the first episode.

I would highly recommend it to anyone who has ever been in to vampire stuff, be it Stoker, Rice, Buffy or Castlevania.
    i lost all interest in the show when steven moffat (ugh) said that "dracula is not bisexual, he's bi-homicidal" which is one of the dumbest sentences i've ever read. i'm not gonna let moffat ruin ANOTHER thing i should love.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    i lost all interest in the show when steven moffat (ugh) said that "dracula is not bisexual, he's bi-homicidal" which is one of the dumbest sentences i've ever read. i'm not gonna let moffat ruin ANOTHER thing i should love.
    ha! I missed that bit.
    Yes, it's a stupid sentence.
    BUT, the show is only 3 episodes.
    I'm not aware of this Moffat, as I don't watch many British shows