Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: The Xbox Thread

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    If the games are good, and it's not online only, i'l probably get it. But PS4 is an obvious choice When I look at things. Halo 5 would have to be pretty stellar to sway me.

This conference is just wierd. They're busting out all the jocks, sports games, and TV people and gaming s REALLY taking a back seat. I'm not sure this will be well received.
    Pretty much. Only thing that really interested me as a fan was Forza 5. Quantum Break did nothing for me and EA Sports game don't interest me. I don't touch any apps regularly on my Xbox besides Netflix and Vudu.

Of course they show Call of Duty rubbish since it's a major selling point. Meh.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I'm more excited to see what they're going to show at E3.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

Re: The Xbox Thread

Ain't gonna lie, cod looks pretty. But bf4 Wil be out for the one.

I'm excited.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Well that whole thing obviously wasn't aimed at me.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

It's looking like I'm getting a PS4 first. What it really comes down to are the launch titles and price. So far ps4 has them on launch titles.

What I really want is Alan Wake 2. Doubtful, but that would be the dealbreaker.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I also think it's cute that both SONY and Microsoft think a ton of people still watch scheduled TV. I couldn't even tell you the last time my wife and I sat down, at 9pm, for _______. Weird how they're trying to still kinda utilize that, I will freely admit.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Well not surprised they went with the whole entertainment thingy, it has been know for a while that it was their main selling point along with the whole Kinect 2.0. I wish they would have shown a few more games or talked more about the gaming aspect but that is what E3 is for.

Despite both conferences having a different selling point (Sony- The Gamer, Xbox- Entertainment as a whole) it is no doubt expected for both to focus on both aspects it's just they went about it different. E3 should be good.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    I also think it's cute that both SONY and Microsoft think a ton of people still watch scheduled TV. I couldn't even tell you the last time my wife and I sat down, at 9pm, for _______. Weird how they're trying to still kinda utilize that, I will freely admit.
    The real irony is that THEY killed it. And now parading around its jizzim ridden corpse offering up sloppy seconds.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    It's actually not for me since I buy almost all my games new and rarely trade games away, but of course......what the fuck, Microsoft.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    OK, so are there any actual reasons to buy it at this point in time or...? Because I can think of a ton of reasons NOT to buy it.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Destiny, Watch_Dogs, other amazing games....plus it'll be awesome.

Also, clarification on the pre-owned thing. Article.

Once you sell the game on, you can deactivate the install on your own HDD and thus wipe it clean so to speak, so when you sell the disc to a friend or on Craigslist, they can go ahead and proceed as if they bought it. If I'm understanding that correctly, there's still a glaring issue.

1. I sell you a game on Craigslist.
    2. 'Oh yeah don't worry, I deactivated the install, you're free to go and download it on your own account.'
    3. Never see me again...and I lied.

update: Microsoft has officially told Wired magazine 'We have a plan for used games...stay tuned.'
    Last edited by october_midnight; 05-21-2013 at 02:49 PM.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

I wonder if you can delete the installs later and not have to worry about anything. I'd imagjne they take up a lot of space.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Wow, its a bad sign when theyre forced to admit that....

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Hmm i dunno about this new Xbox... can't say I'm too impressed yet.

I'm probably in the minority then but i still watch a handful of shows at their scheduled times, there's just a certain authenticity or something and a rush of adrenaline/excitement to watching it live and since i have time zone channels knowing that i get to catch some of the first airings is cool.... i mean yeah you can't zip through the commercials and all that but during those i always find it fun to converse about shows and things that happened with other folks on the net and in different communities and before i know it the show is back on, it just makes it more of an event. You'd be surprised how many other folks i know that still do similar things.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I try to, usually do and love buying games new but sometime I buy used when I am short on cash or not totally into the title like others. I do find the used game combating is escalating to new highs and lows. Just one more way for publishers to cash in on it more and more and more.

EA did away with the online pass last week. Now I see why they did, they're not stupid. They did away with it to gain good guy points but now due to a new system they're not losing anyways. They'll still be getting a second revenue cut.

I am on the fence with this new Xbox and this entire upcoming generation as well. As long as my friends stay on 360 and games are still being made for it regularly for another year or two (they can't honestly think everyone is going to transition in a finger snap's time) I'll stay with the current generation. I won't be heartbroken.
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 05-21-2013 at 03:43 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Destiny, Watch_Dogs, other amazing games....plus it'll be awesome.

Also, clarification on the pre-owned thing. Article.

Once you sell the game on, you can deactivate the install on your own HDD and thus wipe it clean so to speak, so when you sell the disc to a friend or on Craigslist, they can go ahead and proceed as if they bought it. If I'm understanding that correctly, there's still a glaring issue.

1. I sell you a game on Craigslist.
    2. 'Oh yeah don't worry, I deactivated the install, you're free to go and download it on your own account.'
    3. Never see me again...and I lied.

update: Microsoft has officially told Wired magazine 'We have a plan for used games...stay tuned.'
    Destiny and Watch Dogs aren't even exclusives, so they don't really sway me at all. Either way, I have lost a lot of intrest in gaming as of late, so I doubt I'll be getting any next-gen consoles. I was going to buy a gamingPC, but I'd likely just buy a bunch of games and barely even play them, so yeah.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I hear ya, I still love gaming like a motherfucker but have like half the time for it I used to...I'm more curious to see how Canadian providers will sync up with it as opposed to American ones.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nemesiswontdie View Post
    I don't have a problem with that as long as the developers get a cut if not all of the fees proceeds.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Its fascinating that all 3 gaming companies are missing the real conversation that needs to be had with their demographic. Each has there own strategy: engage gamers, engage families, or dominate the living room. But im hearing the same thing from everybody: "Im not sure i would upgrade even if i could, why do i need new hardware at all?"

for me the answer is easy: i just do. But the bulk of gamers actually seem totally unconvinced. Definitely in part because current games already look nice amd current consoles already provides these social services being waved around. My two year old TV has many of the features of XBox One..

But some of this, ironically, is because console makers spent a lot of time convincing us that the current hardware is good enough. The majority of desirable games that we can currently see on the next Gen, are available on current gen systems. We cant even tell the difference just yet. I cant believe im saying this, but Nintendo might just have an edge next week when they reveal SSB4 and other new stuff. Once they start having something you cant gwt else where a $250 nintendo might seem enticing...

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Exactly. The problem they are having is none of them are really NEXT gen as best I can see. They are more like Current Gen revision 2.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Although keep in mind that games on THIS generation didnt start seeming like an improvement until a year or two in. The blurry space in between is a natural part of the cycle. Even games from three years ago are blown away by tomb raider and dead space 3.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Aaaaand it turns out that the Xbox One does in fact require an internet connection

It's not "always on," but must be connected to the net at least once a day. While this isn't going to really screw with most people in any real way, it still is annoying.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    it's the used game thing that hurts.

Games are always installed to the system. and for one to be used on another account a "fee must be payed"

The fee? MSRP

to me, the thing is DoA

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    My main issue with it is that there is no guarantee that all the TV/movie content will be available here in Australia. We tend to get royally screwed over when it comes to that kind of thing. So I'll be left with an expensive box that does not much. :/

Reckon I'll just get a decent computer and use Steam for the coming generation. May pick up a WiiU for my daughter when she becomes old enough to play games.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    I think I'm gonna hang back for a year or two and then decide.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

I'm not that impressed... I'm sure it'll have games, eventually. PS4 seems like the best bet this gen. Microsoft just alienated not only their consumers but their middlemen. It's obvious they want to go digital, but had to have that disc drive to please the investors. Personally, the used games part really sucks, but it doesn't affect me much. I don't really buy used games. I either buy them on launch, or I buy it for cheap off amazon a few months later when the price drops. It really sucks for those who let friends borrow games. They pretty much shit all over that.

And it needs an internet connection about as much as current gen consoles do. You buy a game with an online pass, you need to be online for that. In this case, all of the games on the console have codes... Other than validating, you don't really need to be online. But, most people are going to be anyway.
    Last edited by Piko; 05-21-2013 at 08:55 PM.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    XBOX One reveal show edited down into 1.5 minutes: http://kotaku.com/the-entire-xbox-on...ious-509197649

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Angry review