Page 32 of 42 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 ... LastLast

Thread: Radiohead

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    Are folks liking Gawpers?
    I ain't listening to some sh*t youbube video, i'll wait for a proper release to judge.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Limited Edition Radiohead shirt only available this weekend (for $45)... but who really wants this? lol

https://store-us.wasteheadquarters.com/collections/w-a-s-t-e-on-demand

A discarded fax from Mr Donwood that was typed on the reverse side by Mr Yorke. Knives out. Squash his head. Rediscovered while clearing out the studio. Original fax contents almost legible
    The shirt is made of 100% organic combed cotton in stone-washed black. Rolled sleeve women's cut and standard men's cut.
    Order before Monday 3pm BST or it will be too late. This shirt will never be made available again.
    Expected to ship to customers from w/c 27th May
    Orders will not be part shipped and so, if you purchase other items, with this shirt, in the same transaction, they will all be mailed together, from w/c 27th May.

Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    "Thom Yorke: typewriter on re-used fax paper, 1999"

Oh, fuck off! It's a T-shirt, not an art installation.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    It seems the band is building up to their Kid A/Amnesiac reissue boxset and I cannot wait! I hope they do a demo/studio/behind the scenes mixtape like with OKNOTOK. That tape is amazing and I'd love to see all the crazy stuff they did while working on Kid A and Amnesiac.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    It seems the band is building up to their Kid A/Amnesiac reissue boxset and I cannot wait! I hope they do a demo/studio/behind the scenes mixtape like with OKNOTOK. That tape is amazing and I'd love to see all the crazy stuff they did while working on Kid A and Amnesiac.
    how many fucking times do i have to* buy those albums? ugh...

*choose to, for some fucking reason

Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post

I've only bought Amnesiac one time, as it's never really been a favourite... but I have all the CD singles for the cool B-sides on them. Kid A I had to buy a second time when they reissued it on 12" vinyl!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post

I don't know, how many times did you buy them? I bought them once each. But if I can buy a set with both Kid A and Amnesiac with all of their b-sides as well as unreleased racks remastered in hi-res, you bet your ass I will. The OKNOTOK Computer boxset was amazing and the remaster was great. The 3 unreleased songs were great. That studio sessions demo mixtape that came with it is fucking amazing! On it is a piano version of Motion Picture Soundtrack from the OK Computer sessions that is absolutely beautiful. There's also the Let Down 4trk, a great early acoustic of No Surprises, a cool version of Karma Police, Are You Someone? acoustic song, early band demo of Nude, early version of The National Anthem. So many gems on that tape. To hear how that album came together behind the scenes was awesome. I listen to that mixtape quite often. The Kid A sessions were especially experimental, so I'd love to hear something like this, a studio demo sessions mixtape like OKNOTOK.
    Last edited by neorev; 05-21-2019 at 06:09 PM.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    I don't know, how many times did you buy them? I bought them once each. But if I can buy a set with both Kid A and Amnesiac with all of their b-sides as well as unreleased racks remastered in hi-res, you bet your ass I will. The OKNOTOK Computer boxset was amazing and the remaster was great. The 3 unreleased songs were great. That studio sessions demo mixtape that came with it is fucking amazing! On it is a piano version of Motion Picture Soundtrack from the OK Computer sessions that is absolutely beautiful. There's also the Let Down 4trk, a great early acoustic of No Surprises, a cool version of Karma Police, Are You Someone? acoustic song, early band demo of Nude, early version of The National Anthem. So many gems on that tape. To hear how that album came together behind the scenes was awesome. I listen to that mixtape quite often. The Kid A sessions were especially experimental, so I'd love to hear something like this, a studio demo sessions mixtape like OKNOTOK.
    i got OKNOTOK and i'm very, very glad i did. that said, i have bought a lot of different versions of radiohead releases over the years, plus some obscure singles. but in terms of Kid A & Amnesiac in particular, here are the versions i own (each bought when they first became available)

Kid A: special edition "children's book" CD (my first ever Radiohead item!), standard CD, standard CD w/hidden booklet, 2x10" vinyl (original pressing), 2xCD/1xDVD box set
    Amnesiac: special edition "library book" CD, standard CD, 2x10" vinyl (original pressing), 2xCD/1xDVD box set

anyway, i was just joking around. i love those albums so much and i'm more than happy to keep buying different versions of them. i just wish i wasn't insane hahaha

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I was just coming here to post this news! If anyone has found it and would like to share, please PM me.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    I was just coming here to post this news! If anyone has found it and would like to share, please PM me.
    So this is what I get for sleeping (and not using Discord)? Looking for OK Minidisc.zip (1.38 GB).

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    18 hours though? Come on Radiohead fans, bring on that highlight reel!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I only just started listening to this massive amount of music

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    192k mp3 only, right? Just want to make sure there isn't a FLAC floating about that I couldn't find.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FULLMETAL View Post
    192k mp3 only, right? Just want to make sure there isn't a FLAC floating about that I couldn't find.
    Yep, it's all the same leak. 192 kbps mp3, 1.38 GB, distributed as a zip file named "Ok Minidisc.zip".

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    i'm getting this just for the sake of it but i am not sure i can sit through the whole thing, hoping some die hard fan trims this to a reasonable size.

this is quite amazing however, besides the stolen U2 achtung baby tapes, has there ever been such a huge leak of unreleased material before?

Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    18 hours though? Come on Radiohead fans, bring on that highlight reel!
    The band did it already with the OKNOTOK mixtape.

Quote Originally Posted by FULLMETAL View Post
    There isn't. This is from a Minidisc source, which is inherently lossy. It would be a little better in FLAC if re-transferred from the source material, but that's never going to happen.
    Last edited by botley; 06-06-2019 at 09:01 AM.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    This is from a Minidisc source, which is inherently lossy. It would be a little better in FLAC if re-transferred from the source material, but that's never going to happen.
    As far as I can tell, the MiniDiscs used ATRAC1 - version 3.0 (SP mode; 292 kbit/s with a frequency cutoff of 18kHz). Theoretically, how much of an increase in quality are we talking about given the inherent limitations of the source?

I just finished MiniDisc 9. Halfway there...

Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    As far as I can tell, the MiniDiscs used ATRAC1 - version 3.0 (SP mode; 292 kbit/s with a frequency cutoff of 18kHz). Theoretically, how much of an increase in quality are we talking about given the inherent limitations of the source?
    Presumably not everything here was recorded to MD directly, and therefore some of the tracks (particularly the stereo soundboard recordings and unmastered studio mixes) exist at far better fidelity somewhere. But we won't ever get to hear those, most likely.

As far as ATRAC1 vs MP3 fidelity — I bet that the current passband filter models of MP3 are better, but there will still be a measurable amount of loss when transcoding, and of course artifacts associated with joint stereo mode on the tracks with a wider stereo field (I seem to recall Minidiscs didn't implement joint stereo, they either had dual channel or mono mode). But again, we'll likely never know for sure.
    Last edited by botley; 06-06-2019 at 12:15 PM.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    I'm unsure if I want to listen to this to be honest... I haven't hunted it down yet. Something about it feels like it's a bit invasive. Anyone who's worked on a long laborious studio project knows how much ridiculous shit winds up in the takes. It's really not meant for public consumption... and all that said, and maybe for those very reasons, I'm curious in a way that I'd be a liar to deny.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    I'm unsure if I want to listen to this to be honest... I haven't hunted it down yet. Something about it feels like it's a bit invasive. Anyone who's worked on a long laborious studio project knows how much ridiculous shit winds up in the takes. It's really not meant for public consumption... and all that said, and maybe for those very reasons, I'm curious in a way that I'd be a liar to deny.
    For me, listening through this has been a mix of Smashing Pumpkins and Miles Davis: countless SP bootlegs and the Miles Davis Complete box sets, to be exact. There's alternate takes, early versions, false starts, jams/doodles, stems/backing tracks, etc., etc. I'll (enjoyably) be spending the next few months with this.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    I dream of the day 18 hours of never before heard NIN recordings from The Fragile sessions or TDS sessions leak...ETS would melt down in traffic

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Hi, Hello.

Would someone please PM me with a link or zip for the Radiohead Ok Computer Mini Disk sessions. Pretty please!

Mentioned
    250 Post(s)

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    A post has just gone up on their Facebook -

We got hacked last week - someone stole Thom’s minidisk archive from around the time of OK Computer, and reportedly demanded $150,000 on threat of releasing it.

So instead of complaining - much - or ignoring it, we’re releasing all 18 hours on Bandcamp in aid of Extinction Rebellion: https://radiohead.bandcamp.com
    Just for the next 18 days. So for £18 you can find out if we should have paid that ransom.
    Never intended for public consumption (though some clips did reach the cassette in the OK Computer reissue) it’s only tangentially interesting. And very, very long. Not a phone download. Rainy out, isn’t it though?
    Jx

Pretty cool that they've done this.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Very cool response!

What i'd give for this with NIN...then i laughed at myself for even thinking Trent would keep even a small amount of this shit on anything even remotely hackable!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Oh yeah! That made things easier to get.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Here is a fan-made Google doc with the entire tracklisting.
    Last edited by october_midnight; 06-11-2019 at 09:56 AM.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Radiohead

This is what you get. when you mess with us.

Last edited by DVYDRNS; 06-11-2019 at 11:48 AM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by adamsrib View Post
    Sounds like a real thing that definitely happened lol
    Are you implying that they lied about it? Why would they do that? The proceeds from the bandcamp sales aren't even going to the band, it goes to charity.