Thread: Health

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Stonefist is a fucking great song.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    So is the track after it, Men today, i think? They flow great.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Did you hear the episode of Song Exploder where they talk about this song in depth?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    This is fantastic. Thanks for posting.
    Last edited by Al_Hunter; 09-13-2015 at 02:48 PM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Goddamn, this album is ​great.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clownboat View Post
    Goddamn, this album is ​great.
    My album of the year so far [albeit with 3 and a half months left to run and lots of exciting looking releases in the next few weeks]

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Al_Hunter View Post
    My album of the year so far [albeit with 3 and a half months left to run and lots of exciting looking releases in the next few weeks]
    2015 has been a great year for music.

Death Magic reminds me of Depeche Mode's 'Playing the Angel'. It's really fucking good for all the reasons I'd have never guessed and I can't get enough of it.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    saw them for the first time last night, opening for Boys Noize at Studio E in Brooklyn, which is basically just a huge warehouse space in Canarsie. Not very dressed up or anything. Sound was professional and loud, lighting was done well for what's kind of a makeshift space. There's a bunch more shows there now, so who knows. Last night felt like a rave more than a traditional concert.

HEALTH were pretty good. Didn't see alot of actual guitar & bass playing going on at times despite the singer and bassist holding said instruments. Do they not play with a keyboardist, and instead just have a backing track triggered off-stage? Either way, the effectively created a distinct vibe and left the crowd wanting to hear more and know more about they just watched. This was a younger crowd who was there primarily to dance to Boys Noize, yet HEALTH got a great reaction.

The show seemed to be billed as more of a collaborative project than just a straight show, so I expected HEALTH and Polica to come out with Boys Noize and mess around/perform, but that didn't happen despite their studio collaborations. Boys Noize simply DJed. Fun show either way.
    Last edited by bobbie solo; 08-01-2016 at 02:18 AM.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    new song... http://www.thefader.com/2016/08/31/h...-swim-premiere

It's cool, feels like they've recycled some of the Stonefist vocal melody though... you can really just sing "and though we know how far we've come, we know, it's not in our hearts" over a lot of it... but it's cool. I like that song, I don't mind a sequel.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    new song... http://www.thefader.com/2016/08/31/h...-swim-premiere

It's cool, feels like they've recycled some of the Stonefist vocal melody though... you can really just sing "and though we know how far we've come, we know, it's not in our hearts" over a lot of it... but it's cool. I like that song, I don't mind a sequel.
    Hollleeeee fuck. Yes, the vocal melody is a bit redundant by now, but the drums in the middle part are CRUSHING. They reminded me of the remix of The Warning on Year Zero Remixed (RIP Doudou). And the outro reminded me of the abrasiveness of their debut, which I sorely missed. While I have no problems with their poppier direction on Death Magic, I needed them to go bonkers again, and this thing delivered. Perhaps losing Jupiter was a good thing, after all?

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Just found out about their show in Montreal on September 22. Doors: 11pm; Show: 12am on a fucking Thursday.

That's just ridiculous for a week day show. Just $15.
    Maybe I'll just suck it up and be fucking tired at work the next day.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    #15 of Adult Swim's 25 tracks in 25 weeks brings us a new song from Health called "Crusher" that is available for free download...

Download it here:
    http://www.adultswim.com/music/singles-2016/

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I've been a fan of Health for quite a while. Really like how they refined their sound into a cohesive album, "Death Magic." Before it seemed like they had bits of songs (running around 2 minutes) and a handful of fully realized songs before that excellent album. Tomorrow I finally get to see them perform in San Francisco. I cannot wait!

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    #15 of Adult Swim's 25 tracks in 25 weeks brings us a new song from Health called "Crusher" that is available for free download...

Download it here:
    http://www.adultswim.com/music/singles-2016/
    I've been following it since week 1 this year and have been with that singles program every week since 2011. Its helped me find great, unique music.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Just got back from the Health show. Wow, they were worth the wait. I was up on the rail and took only one photo because I decided to actually enjoy the show (go figure). For those who get the chance, definitely get out there and attend one of their shows!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    went to the show last night at the orpheum in madison, and got lucky enough to meet the band (again) and get almost my whole health collection signed

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Oh hey guys, I messaged Health through their Facebook page in regards to releasing the Adult Swim track Crusher for sale in lossless. I got this response...

Last edited by neorev; 10-31-2016 at 12:41 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    They released DISCO3 today! It's got 3 new songs on it too, including Crusher! Have any of you guys listened to it yet? Can't find it anywhere on the Australian spotify or itunes, really wanna check it out!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It is fucking great. SLUM LORD is a fucking killer track. Listened to it 3 times before work today. The remixes are all bad ass too.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    HEALTH just put out DISCO3, a collection of brand new tracks and remixes of tracks off DEATH MAGIC

01. Euphoria
    02. Men Tomorrow (Preoccupations Remix)
    03. Slum Lord
    04. Crusher
    05. Courtship II (Roly Porter Remix)
    06. Salvia (Marcus Whale Remix)
    07. Victim II
    08. Victim (Born in Flamez Remix)
    09. Dark Enough (Vessel Remix)
    10. Life (Purity Ring Remix)

Digital
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/disco3/id1204001394
    https://us.7digital.com/artist/healt...disco3-6157801

Spotify
    https://open.spotify.com/album/3K10ND4pwiQr2qAMAzfr7l

CD
    https://shop.thehyv.net/collections/health/products/health-disco3-cd?variant=36738655759

Vinyl coming Fall 2017
    Last edited by neorev; 02-18-2017 at 09:16 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    The Purity Ring, Vessel and Born in Flamez remixes are awesome! Euphoria and Slum Lord are pretty cool tracks too. I love how they're still exploring the more electronic and poppier side of things, while still making use of noise and elements from their first two albums. Looking forward to hearing what the band comes up with next! Death Magic is a really overlooked and underappreciated record that I loved on first listen, so it'll be interesting to see if they'll expand upon that sound, or abandon it completely and do something different.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    If you check out their Facebook page, there is a pic with a phone number to text to receive the bonus DISCO3+. It includes several more remixes.

Just text your email address to (213) 259-3841
    For folks outside the US, email healthdisco@gmail.com
    Last edited by neorev; 02-19-2017 at 04:25 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

The new video for Euphoria is fantastic. Pretty nice how it's a kinda emotional look back at the last 10 years of the band. I see as like a farewell to Jupiter as well, the end of a phase or something.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Cheers neorev, John just emailed me from that link and said there's going to be an actual release of DISCO3+ in March with an extra remix and some other stuff. Excited to give the new mixes a listen (particularly the Pictureplane and Xiu Xiu ones).
    Last edited by halo eighteen; 02-25-2017 at 06:49 PM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    Cheers neorev, John just emailed me from that link and said there's going to be an actual release of DISCO3+ in March with an extra remix and some other stuff. Excited to give the new mixes a listen (particularly the Pictureplane and Xiu Xiu ones).
    a friend of mine called the phone number in the music video and it connected him with John from the band. he said he had an awesome convo with him, discussing his recent break up and stuff. he even texted him.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Great new songs and remixes. My only complaint is that the vocals in the new songs sound... autotuned? That turns me off for some reason. I usually don't mind autotune, but one of the things I've always liked about HEALTH is their unique vocal processing techniques. Autotune sounds so... plain, you know?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I got my Disco 3 CD in the mail the other day. What is with the "72 years since WWII" line? Seems random to me unless I'm missing something.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zaps30 View Post
    I got my Disco 3 CD in the mail the other day. What is with the "72 years since WWII" line? Seems random to me unless I'm missing something.
    Text John at (213) 259-3841 and ask him.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zaps30 View Post
    72 years after WWII Disco 3 was released.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    deep