Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Thread: NIN Spotting 2021

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Not technically NIN spotting but this guy’s thread made me laugh

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    ^ That should without a doubt be the next album cover. Imagine that entire image as a fold out vinyl.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Halo 33: The mouldening

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Not that I put much stock in these Greatest of All Time lists but Closer is on Rolling Stone's 500 Greatest Songs of All Time at 270. Hurt not listed.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...ser-2-1225068/

Old Town Road at 490 (w/ NIN shoutout) https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...road-2-1224847

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    The fact that Old Town Road is on there, but not Hurt (not even the Johnny Cash version?) tells me all I need to know about this Rolling Stone list.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    The fact that Old Town Road is on there, but not Hurt (not even the Johnny Cash version?) tells me all I need to know about this Rolling Stone list.
    Yuuuuup.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Halo 33: The mouldening
    Mixed by Alan Moulder.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    Mixed by Alan Moulder.
    Only seems fitting.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spahn View Post
    Only seems fitting.
    Getting Smaller seems fitting.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    Mixed by Alan Moulder.
    Limited run of 500 vinyl, each pressed with a single drop of his blood.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

I, uhm, spotted the NIN I put at the end of this new mixtape... a nice vinyl rip of Zero-Sum.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Here's a fairly bizarre mashup that features Closer. If you happen to know who Mood Killer is, you'll know that this one is done with tongue very firmly planted in cheek.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    this ruled, and was pretty informative.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    I haven't seen in mentioned in this thread yet: I went to see Shang-Chi and The Legend of the Ten Rings today, and as you do with any Marvel movie, I sat there at the end and waited for the post-credits scene... when the names Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross caught my eye. Do I assume correctly that this is the first time that they're credited on any Marvel movie? (WITT appeared in the first Avengers trailer, but not in the actual movie I think)

BTW, Old Town Road was in the movie and they were listed as co-writers

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hellospaceboy View Post
    I haven't seen in mentioned in this thread yet: I went to see Shang-Chi and The Legend of the Ten Rings today, and as you do with any Marvel movie, I sat there at the end and waited for the post-credits scene... when the names Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross caught my eye. Do I assume correctly that this is the first time that they're credited on any Marvel movie? (WITT appeared in the first Avengers trailer, but not in the actual movie I think)

BTW, Old Town Road was in the movie and they were listed as co-writers
    The opening of LINE was used in a GotG trailer as well. And I, for one, would LOVE to see R&R tackle something like a Marvel film or maybe a DisneyPlus show.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Blade, or F4.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    If anyone wants a halloween theme print of Trent. onsale at 5pm pst

https://www.instagram.com/p/CUEKQR8DZQR/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Saw Mamoru Hosoda's Belle in a French theatre a few days ago. There's a subtle reference to the Social Network soundtrack on this one:

Belle's composer is Ludvig Forssell

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

since I can't spoiler a tweet I'm just going to post the text and spoil that:
    Spoiler: nine inch tails
    Last edited by allegate; 09-22-2021 at 04:25 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Im at a Honda Dealership a d theyre playing I Am Not A Woman Im A God. We’ve arrived to the mainstreadmm

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Not a spotting per se but had a strange run in today. I was at my kids karate studio about an hour south of Cleveland and was wearing my nin hoodie. An older gentleman probably in his 60s was there with his (I'm presuming) grandkids. He walks up to me and says "nine inch nails, haven't seen that band in awhile" then proceeds to tell me he was their lawyer 10 or so years ago when they needed help with copyright lawsuits since they use a lot of samples. I respected his privacy and didn't pry but it seemed plausible!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    Im at a Honda Dealership a d theyre playing I Am Not A Woman Im A God. We’ve arrived to the mainstreadmm
    Head like a hole and closer would like to disagree. We've been mainstream for quite some time. They name drop NIN in fucking Clueless, score Pixar movies and have been used in Marvel trailers. The logo is as iconic as the rolling stones tongue. We have always been mainstream man.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 3knic View Post
    Not a spotting per se but had a strange run in today. I was at my kids karate studio about an hour south of Cleveland and was wearing my nin hoodie. An older gentleman probably in his 60s was there with his (I'm presuming) grandkids. He walks up to me and says "nine inch nails, haven't seen that band in awhile" then proceeds to tell me he was their lawyer 10 or so years ago when they needed help with copyright lawsuits since they use a lot of samples. I respected his privacy and didn't pry but it seemed plausible!
    I mean hey he opened the door, telling someone literally wearing band merch that he has some connection to the band.

Next time ask him what he thinks of Malm.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ekrekel View Post
    I mean hey he opened the door, telling someone literally wearing band merch that he has some connection to the band.

Next time ask him what he thinks of Malm.
    Yeah I'm kind of kicking myself honestly but I just started getting in my head about lawyer/client confidentiality etc. If I ever see him again I'm definitely asking some questions! I was busy trying to keep my 2 year old from running around and yelling as well, so I was somewhat distracted. Also I'm coming up with excuses for me being totally socially awkward

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orson thrust View Post
    Head like a hole and closer would like to disagree. We've been mainstream for quite some time. They name drop NIN in fucking Clueless, score Pixar movies and have been used in Marvel trailers. The logo is as iconic as the rolling stones tongue. We have always been mainstream man.

List how many times youve heard NIN at the grocery store, target, bank, starbucks or car dealership. Everyday life mainstream is way diff than the pop culture lexicon.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    List how many times youve heard NIN at the grocery store, target, bank, starbucks or car dealership. Everyday life mainstream is way diff than the pop culture lexicon.
    nin is on the fringe of everyday life mainstream.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)

To be fair, a lot of places that aren't like big box chain stores use not-radio for their in-house music anymore. My job plays internet radio, so it could be literally anything. I haven't heard NIN yet, but it's only been a week and I've heard some really deep cut shit from the 90's on there so I wouldn't be surprised.
    Either way, Halsey is more "mainstream pop" so likely to be played on any "new hit music!" type of station. Hell, she's performing on SNL soon.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sick among the pure View Post
    To be fair, a lot of places that aren't like big box chain stores use not-radio for their in-house music anymore. My job plays internet radio, so it could be literally anything. I haven't heard NIN yet, but it's only been a week and I've heard some really deep cut shit from the 90's on there so I wouldn't be surprised.
    Either way, Halsey is more "mainstream pop" so likely to be played on any "new hit music!" type of station. Hell, she's performing on SNL soon.
    Lots of stores actually use curated playlists and such. They hire people to do that so they dont play the same old boring stuff. And Halsey been on SNL 3 times in 5 years so its not as rare as you think.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Lots of stores actually use curated playlists and such. They hire people to do that so they dont play the same old boring stuff. And Halsey been on SNL 3 times in 5 years so its not as rare as you think.
    Oh I'm not saying them being on SNL is rare at all, to the contrary I'm saying that hearing a Halsey song in the wild isn't a big shock because of how popular they are.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    NIN is in a weird place in pop culture. Virtually everyone knows of NIN, but most people have an image in their mind of what the band sounds like that is wrong. When I wear a NIN shirt out, I'll occasionally get comments from people who'll ask if I like Cradle of Filth and other extreme metal bands that are so far away from the sound of NIN that they might as well be asking me if I also like Brad Paisley. Which is weird, because I assume that the songs they know are Head Like a Hole and Closer, so you'd think they'd ask if I also like Skinny Puppy or Depeche Mode or something.