Page 115 of 122 FirstFirst ... 15 65 105 113 114 115 116 117 ... LastLast
Results 3,421 to 3,450 of 3654

Thread: Coronavirus - COVID-19

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    firstly, I hope everyone here on the forum dealing with or knows someone dealing with covid gets well soon and stays safe.

I got a call earlier from my co-teacher and teacher aide in the classroom. Group call. They and their families all have it. They got it during the holiday break while having minimal contact with others.

meanwhile, a lot of school districts are planning to go remote starting Monday. our district finally made the call last night. HOWEVER, they want staff to repor to the buildings, which is SO FUCKING STUPID. not only that, the plan (at least for right now and I really hope it changes) is to go remote for just ONE WEEK. ugh. I am not happy.

I think we should be remote for the month of January, realistically. my true feelings is that we should be remote until spring break in April...
    Last edited by versusreality; 12-31-2021 at 04:18 PM.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Our district is going to in-person half days, lunch at home, 1 hour of virtual in the afternoon. We'll see how this works with 6-7 year olds. Apparently the school was notified of 120+ positives between teachers, staff, students, and families. So far it's for one week but I can envision this extending for at least another week. It really sucks but I'm thankful we can deal with it and work around jobs, etc. Some families aren't so lucky...and that's not even considering financial impacts. Really seems like omicron is coming for us all.

Stay safe, everyone. And get well to everyone not feeling well, with covid or otherwise.

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    Much love, @chuckrh .

And, as ever, let me know if you need anything on the plex.
    Can I connex to yer Plex? I use it now lol.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    Can I connex to yer Plex? I use it now lol.
    absolutely man. I just need your login name (or email: whatever you used to.sign up.)
    Last edited by elevenism; 01-02-2022 at 05:12 AM.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)

Coronavirus - COVID-19

day eleventy of covid for me. jk. i’m doing pretty good i think compared to my covid experience in 2020. no fever and breathing fine. i’m just tired and congested. My husband also has it but our kids tested negative for the rapid test. because of the holiday we haven’t received our pcr test results that we had on wednesday. i get that there’s a holiday but i feel like 5 days is too long for those results. i’m sure there is back up from the many people testing but damn covid don’t care about the new year.

schools here (except my county of course) are going virtual for the week leaving people scrambling to cover work and childcare. i’ve seen a lot of posts saying the people making these decisions don’t care. what do people want? we cant get control of this thing if we keep ignoring it. once again we are being failed by our local officials and i’m just so pissed about it. we supposedly live in greatest country but we can’t even agree on how we can squash this thing. humanity is doomed. happy new year!

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    One of my friend's colleagues just called him and said, "My son is sick so he's not allowed to go to school today. Is it ok if I bring him into the office while I work?"

What crack are people smoking??

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Why has this particular virus, out of all possibilities of viruses and all ways to mutate and yadda yadda, decided to happen right now? And continue to cause problems? It’s just like, get off the stage already dude. You’ve had your time to shine, we’re over this shit now. Fer fook’s sake, mate.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    I really wish I could get my hands on some at-home tests. Trying to schedule time to stand in line for an hour and get swabbed every time I get congested is driving me fucking nuts.

I had my booster scheduled for this morning, but over the weekend I started getting a shitty cold that seemed like it might be Covid. Due to the holiday, getting tested had to wait an extra day while I bummed around at home with the kids. So I had to skip the booster until I was sure my test was negative.

It was. I got the results back like two hours after my original appointment. Annoying shit.

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    The little Oriental convenience store across the road from where I live got more oral tests in. Not sure if I should get one or not at this stage. Just so over this little ball with spikes on it.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    The little Oriental convenience store across the road from where I live got more oral tests in. Not sure if I should get one or not at this stage. Just so over this little ball with spikes on it.
    Can't hurt to pick one up, just in case. This is one of those things where if you need one, it will be tough to find. This will be over when it's over. No amount of wishing is going to change that.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Just found out yesterday (via new job who uses the program to have tests on hand for employees) that Colorado, while currently restocking, is sending testing kits to any home that requests them. So whenever they get more to distribute I'll have a few kits for my husband and I to use in a more timely manner than "I feel sick, I can go get tested... in 5-7 days when they have an open appointment..."
    I knew when they announced "no masks for vaccinated" so early on that we were just going to spend the rest of the year going backwards, but damn I didn't realize just how far back we were going to roll...

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    As of January 1, 2022, you must show proof of at least double vax to enter any restaurant, bar, or gym in Cook County, IL.
    Last edited by allegro; 01-10-2022 at 12:12 PM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    An aunt and uncle of mine are currently in the hospital with COVID. They both refused to get vaccinated. They may have also given it to my mom when they visited around the holidays, but thankfully she is vaccinated and only had to deal with symptoms for a few days. I'm alternating between being pissed off at them for not getting the vaccine and hoping that they pull through. My aunt has several health problems, and my uncle had a stroke last year, so they are in a really bad position right now.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    An aunt and uncle of mine are currently in the hospital with COVID. They both refused to get vaccinated. They may have also given it to my mom when they visited around the holidays, but thankfully she is vaccinated and only had to deal with symptoms for a few days. I'm alternating between being pissed off at them for not getting the vaccine and hoping that they pull through. My aunt has several health problems, and my uncle had a stroke last year, so they are in a really bad position right now.
    Hoping for a speedy recovery for your aunt & uncle.

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Ummmm…

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-...ected-12511396

COVID-19: Mother 'put her son in car boot after he tested positive' to avoid getting infected

Sarah Beam has been charged with endangering a child after officials made the discovery on 3 January.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Ummmm…

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-...ected-12511396

COVID-19: Mother 'put her son in car boot after he tested positive' to avoid getting infected

Sarah Beam has been charged with endangering a child after officials made the discovery on 3 January.

Wow, yeah... that's definitely not the appropriate response to avoid COVID from your kid.

I would hate to see what she'd do with an elderly person who was positive.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Just got news at 6:48 pm that school will be remote learning for the entirety of the upcoming week. That's not even 12 hours, what the fuck is wrong with people?

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    So experts, CDC, EVERYBODY stressing that we really need those N95s or KN85s, and that cloth or surgical masks are doing next to nothing against Omicron (which partly explains why Omicron is spreading like wildfire). So, we are back to wearing those and I may return to cleaning groceries.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Some friends got omicron. Don't know who brought it home but almost instantly everyone in the extended family was infected. The kids & grandkids are constantly in & out of there, so they have it too. The grandkids are all 5 & under, the littlest being about 8 months. They say it's like a bad cold. Still scary though.
    Last edited by chuckrh; 01-10-2022 at 01:43 PM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    So experts, CDC, EVERYBODY stressing that we really need those N95s or KN85s, and that cloth or surgical masks are doing next to nothing against Omicron (which partly explains why Omicron is spreading like wildfire). So, we are back to wearing those and I may return to cleaning groceries.
    need to get my wife on this because she says "my mask is better because it has three layers and a pocket for a filter". oh, so you've been using the filters?

no answer.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    I’ve been throwing a cloth mask over a KN95 as of late whenever I go out. You can’t find KN95s near me anymore. I am glad I have a decent supply but have been looking to see what Amazon has and there are way too many options almost all of which have shitty reviews so when I do run out, it’s going to suck (hopefully I’ll have found a decent brand by then).

Even if we get through all this, I doubt I’ll stop wearing masks when I travel. Plus, I’m not attractive so I don’t mind wearing a mask

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    My husband and I got 3M N95s with Cool Flow at Home Depot.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/3M-8511-...1-2A/202670465

I modified the headband into ear bands (yeah yeah I know) because otherwise these are so big I can’t even see over the top of the mask, it’s like they’re made for a 200 lb dude but the rubber bands still squish my face so much it’s nuts. The ear method STILL squashes my face but at least I can see over the top of the mask.

I *LOVE* wearing masks outside right now, when it’s TWELVE degrees!!!!

Edit: btw BIG props to this Cool Flow design. I could NOT tolerate N95s with my asthma very long, but this is actually really good, AND my glasses don’t fog up! It’s far more tolerable for longer use, I don’t feel like I can’t breathe.
    Last edited by allegro; 01-10-2022 at 02:17 PM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    yeah when we went to Walla Walla for a site visit I was loving the masks while we were walking from building to building.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Got my Moderna booster... so Moderna x 3 for me.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    got my Moderna booster yesterday, just a sore arm nothing else, which is a bonus

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    this is awesome

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-b1990315.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Well, after almost two years of successfully avoiding it, I might have Covid. Thankfully my symptoms are pretty mild. Getting tested in the morning and will hopefully know for sure by the weekend. Not happy about it, but glad I got vaccinated, as I know it could be much worse.