Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Thread: Dexter

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    @otnavuskire , did E01 explain how Our Hero made it from Astoria Oregon, on the banks of the Columbia river, to upstate NY?
    I don't wanna rewatch it; I'm already three episodes behind, because of ungodly family bullshit.
    I tend to have a terrible memory for those types of details, so I honestly don't remember the specifics.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Deb addresses why he moved and Dexter. He had the urge to kill there (Especially in a bigger city) so I'm assuming he moved from city to city to which he happened to find the small, quaint fictional town of Iron Lake where he has only been for 2 years and much less people. The writers pretty much wanted no part of the last finale lingering around and wanted a smaller, cold setting.

I would suggest Re-watching these episodes, there are so many little neat things sprinkled in there. Dex not narrating until he kills is fucking so well executed, you don't even really realize it, along with when Deb pulls out the bullet from her abdomen and you see a blood stain appear on Harrison's chest. They really have attention to detail and touch upon things that happened in the last series that really ties it together more.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    Deb addresses why he moved and Dexter. He had the urge to kill there (Especially in a bigger city) so I'm assuming he moved from city to city to which he happened to find the small, quaint fictional town of Iron Lake where he has only been for 2 years and much less people. The writers pretty much wanted no part of the last finale lingering around and wanted a smaller, cold setting.

I would suggest Re-watching these episodes, there are so many little neat things sprinkled in there. Dex not narrating until he kills is fucking so well executed, you don't even really realize it, along with when Deb pulls out the bullet from her abdomen and you see a blood stain appear on Harrison's chest. They really have attention to detail and touch upon things that happened in the last series that really ties it together more.
    Oh, word?

Yeah man, I feel like I caught MOST of it. I remember the part with the narration, and the part with the bullet. I thought the first episode was a masterpiece, and I LOVED how it was tied in to a fictionalized version of real world events (the Murgaugh family.)
    I watched it twice...once alone, and once so Mrs. Elevenism could see it. We're about to watch the other three.

I thought it was a fucking MASTERPIECE.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Well, I didn't expect to get a public service announcement in the middle of an episode of Dexter, but the episode was solid in spite of it.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    I have to say I am utterly intrigued by the twists and turns from tonight’s episode. I figured that somehow this week’s show would somehow veer into hackery. It didn’t and it’s been the most surprising episode since the first one. The redemption is underway.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    What a hell of an episode. I am not too keen on a lot of the Harrison stuff, but it's still very much worth watching. Can't wait to see where things go next.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    @otnavuskire i'm SERIOUSLY feeling like an idiot, thinking back to our bit of discourse about a week ago.

I was just adding the new episodes to Plex, and noticed the the show's provided synopsis: "Ten years after Dexter went missing in the eye of Hurricane Laura, we find him living under an assumed name in the small town of Iron Lake, New York."====

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    A little late, but this episode had it all and everything is finally starting to unravel. But damn, does Clancy Brown bring his A game here showing multiple different sides to who he is. I love the subtle juxtaposition between him and Dex and how contained it is with them doing their dirty deeds, along with Dex struggling to understand what it is like to be a father, and I guess Kurt as well.

My favorite aspect is still the narration and his push and pull with Deb, damn I could watch them talk all day. You can really tell that Clyde Phillips really sat down and did this thing right.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I love Clancy Brown.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Yes, that episode was fantastic. Spoiler: The podcast lady getting spooked was probably my favorite part. And dexter coming to save her... Dexter and Harrison really need to hash it out. Have a ugly heart to heart talk before Curt tries to kill Harrison. Obviously that's where this is going, right? With Curt trying to buddy up with Harrison.
    it's possible that I like this season/reboot way more than any other season. I really hate/love the waiting each week for the episode. When the episode is over, I'm like why god do we have to wait another week? By the time Sunday comes, I have all kinds of theories about what will happen and none are correct!

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    "I need Dexter Morgan."

Damn that is an amazing line... I LOVE that every end credits scene is different, I guess that makes up a bit for not having the classic intro, which I understand why they went with a different approach. I'd put this right next to the first 4 seasons for sure.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    I'm finally watching this.
    I like how it's being done. I'll say that.

Without talking spoilers - anyone else think this will end with Dexter dead? I'm guessing there's an 80-90% chance right now.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I just started watching this last night and got through two of them. It's really great so far, and I'm happy that it turned out so well.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnetic View Post
    I'm finally watching this.
    I like how it's being done. I'll say that.

Without talking spoilers - anyone else think this will end with Dexter dead? I'm guessing there's an 80-90% chance right now.
    yes i think that Harrison could be a threat since he’s obviously resentful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    yes i think that Harrison could be a threat since he’s obviously resentful.

Or Dexter dies in some heroic fashion, thusly absolving him of crimes. I don't like the idea, but I can see the producers ending all of that with a bow on top.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnetic View Post
    Or Dexter dies in some heroic fashion, thusly absolving him of crimes. I don't like the idea, but I can see the producers ending all of that with a bow on top.
    yeah Spoiler: curt probably wants to kill him now since he busted up his podcast lady plan.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Spoiler: If Kurt has people in on it with him (as he clearly does), Dexter's in more trouble than he's ever been before.

Dozens of missing women, is it possible he isn't the one who's killed all of them, but had help?

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    my theory: Spoiler: curt makes and sells cadaver sex dolls. why else would he embalm them? why was he trying to fix the green haired girl’s face? there was a real life foresenic files type show that featured a doctor who did this with a woman’s body after she died because he “loved” her. i saw it on hbo years ago.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Oh that’s interesting… I didn’t think about why he was so upset about her face. I just thought he was a freak.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)

Dexter

my heart was racing during Spoiler: the hunting scene with curt and harrison. i was jumping around and saying “oh god”. that scene was intense but it was hilarious to see my own reaction. what a great season.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    my heart was racing during Spoiler: the hunting scene with curt and harrison. i was jumping around and saying “oh god”. that scene was intense but it was hilarious to see my own reaction. what a great season.

It has been so enjoyable, and I'm finding myself cursing when an episode ends and I've to wait another week on a cliff-hanger. They have made a really good job of this.

Spoiler: Everyone's thinking Dexter will have to die, but they say there's no final decision been made yet on a potential second series. Part of me doesn't want too much of a good thing, if they can pull a good quality ending out for this then I will be satisfied

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    This weeks episode is up there for me with some of the best Dexter episodes.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jord View Post
    This weeks episode is up there for me with some of the best Dexter episodes.
    Ya, it was pretty intense. Michael C Hall is phenomenal in the part. I like how they have dealt with Dexter's sister. Series wouldn't be nearly as good without her.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    The guy who plays Harrison is fantastic, great actor. He might be the best out of all of them.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    What... A.... Fucking... Episode. My hands were on my head half the time like "This is really happening." there has to be more after this.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)

Dexter

i’m watching the episode again and yes it’s so tense! Spoiler: The christmas scene with angela and curt was so funny too. when the knock came i said “it’s curt!” out loud. and for once i was right about something on this show.

what do you ALL think will happen with angela? is she gonna come around and be on his side or will she go after dexter? he is lying to her about tons of shit and he’s completely oblivious to her being completely on to him. A kiss on the cheek? come on, dex. hello! i guess he’s too focused on the curt/harrison stuff to catch the cues from his girl.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    i’m watching the episode again and yes it’s so tense! Spoiler: The christmas scene with angela and curt was so funny too. when the knock came i said “it’s curt!” out loud. and for once i was right about something on this show.

what do you ALL think will happen with angela? is she gonna come around and be on his side or will she go after dexter? he is lying to her about tons of shit and he’s completely oblivious to her being completely on to him. A kiss on the cheek? come on, dex. hello! i guess he’s too focused on the curt/harrison stuff to catch the cues from his girl.

Spoiler: It's going to be interesting to see....she doesn't really have any hard evidence yet though.

But.....Dexter and Harrison mentioned the camera at Mr Crab's bunker, and we didn't see them do anything to erase the footage. If the cops find the bunker, locating the footage is going to be high on their list, and that'll show Dexter/Harrison being in there. Depending on how the cameras work, it could have also recorded their conversation.

But that could have happened off camera, or we could start the episode off by seeing Dexter delete the footage.

Internet rumour is that Masuka is going to show up in this episode as well. If that ends up being the truth, tons could happen. Angela is after a serial killer, and calling in assistance from another force is entirely reasonable. And the fact that she's suspicious of Dexter could lead her to specifically call in that assistance from someone who worked at Miami Metro and investigated the bay harbour butcher. If Masuka shows up and recognizes Dexter, that could put any number of plots into motion, most likely Dexter trying to flee. Or pointing Masuka in the right direction and being able to draw a strong enough connection to past cases to put him away.

Or Harrison could turn him in. You could see he was having second thoughts when he was watching Dexter dismember Mr Crabs.

That and I think Mr Crabs still had more help than what we're seeing. Clearly, the one lacky that Dexter killed was in on it too, and Mr Crabs was pretty quick to claim responsibility for all of it. I think there's still another player on his side in this to be revealed.

And the gun that Matt shot the deer with....Dexter has it in his house, right? And his house just burned down....there's a good chance that enough of it is going to survive the fire to be found too.

There are so many different piece that can all come crashing down on him. I don't think he's getting away this time.
    Last edited by M1ke; 01-05-2022 at 08:13 PM.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Spoiler: Harrison watching the blood and being triggered back to his mother’s death was so tragic. More so to me is that Dexter partly lied about why he killed Arthur.

Waiting for that rich guy the cop’s daughter was protesting against to return. So weird he suddenly vanished after the 2nd or 3rd episode I think. Spitballing but I think he somehow bails Dex out only to use him as someone to kill his enemies.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    If you are a fan and waiting for the finale, do NOT visit the Dexter subreddit (if you are a reddit user) as the Australian fans have already seen the finale, and stuff is getting posted about it, reactions etc...I'm now avoiding like the plague.

Spoiler: apparently it's even worse than the original ending.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)

Dexter

hey! Spoiler: did curt kill the bartender he danced with to the runaway song ? i think i saw her in the trophies.

edit also
    Spoiler: angela is definitely thinking dexter took out molly