Page 70 of 86 FirstFirst ... 20 60 68 69 70 71 72 80 ... LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,100 of 2580

Thread: General Police Misconduct aka Murdering Black People

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    so I guess it was at the orders of William Barr that the crowd was gassed and forcibly broken up to make way for Trump's photo op.

Has anyone seen the way Fox and Trump (via retweets) are trying to frame his walk over to the church as brave and "baller" and badass? Literally retweeting people saying he "marched right through the riots." Some of the more religious types seem to be implying he did it through some divine providence.
    Yeah, it's like when Moses parted the Red Sea with a bunch of industrial pumps that actually threw all the water into neighboring villages, flooding them out and destroying the crops and homes of those who lived there.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

They don't issue bayonets for the fuck of it.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    Yeah, it's like when Moses parted the Red Sea with a bunch of industrial pumps that actually threw all the water into neighboring villages, flooding them out and destroying the crops and homes of those who lived there.
    I was joking along those same lines earlier, re: parting the Red Sea. It's so absurd. The evidence to the contrary is right there, and Trump just insists it isn't. The video where they disperse the crowd is disturbing.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    I feel like anyone defending what happened in DC yesterday (looking at you GOP senators), is essentially supporting the notion that Trump's desire for a photo op outweighs the First Amendment rights of the protesters to peaceably assemble, and should be called out to defend that position.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    This is horrible. Five of the officers are black, so bad pigs are in all colors.

These college students were stuck in traffic in Atlanta and 6 pigs suddenly came up and busted into their car, TASED them, and dragged them out, threw them to the ground, handcuffed them. The guy (driver) has a fractured wrist and has a gash so bad he required 24 stitches. The pigs lied about it all and the Atlanta Mayor ordered them fired.

Their body cams also led to the Atlanta police chief filing criminal charges against all of the pigs today.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/atlanta-po...ry?id=71023836

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...udent-violence

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Just went out to get gas and one minute everything seemed quiet and normal, the next protesters are marching down my highway with sirens and lights in all directions. I started to record and went a bit further near the crowd, but kept my distance (With a mask on) and could not help but walk with them. It is one thing to watch what is going on, but being so close to it and hearing everyone's voice is hard to ignore. The rush that comes through your body and mind (Especially when you support the hell out of this movement) is almost impossible to not conjure.

Everything was peaceful and there were medics and a few hundred people blocking the intersection as usual. I have never seen so many cop cars and police in riot gear all in one place in my entire life. They had an entire line of about 40 cops and then another 60 in the adjacent parking lot. I live in Suffolk County on Long Island and the cops here for the most part can be very vindictive and very aggressive towards people of color (I have been victim of this many, many times) and from what I witnessed, they were wasting not time with busting out everything they have in their arsenal for a few hundred kids from the ages of 18 to 35. Mind you it was absolutely peaceful and they started to move in really, really fast as I was about to leave with cops forcibly trying to get people off the highway; this is real folks.

There are now helicopters flying over my home every 10 minutes or so. I will check out town tomorrow, but I felt so vulnerable out there as I was just reporting what was going on and staying out of the cops way, so I applaud the reporters and especially the independent reporters putting themselves in harms way along with the protesters. Shit is wild guys...

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    😂

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

stealing the reaction gif as well!

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    Gonna be really hard to yell coherently through those gags though.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    They need to do them like they do civilians and throw 17 charges at them so at least two stick. Hopefully a second degree charge doesn't mean they're getting rid of the third degree one.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Chauvin charged with 2nd degree murder; Thao, Keung, and Lane charged with aiding 2nd-degree murder and aiding manslaughter

There is a sense of relief with these arrests and further charges. The AG's office has plenty of leverage to get Thao, Keung, and Lane to agree to plea deals in exchange for testifying against Chauvin. And speaking of Chauvin, the second-degree murder charge upped his bail to $1 million. It will be interesting to see if the police union is willing to cough up $100,000 to get him out on bond. Honestly, though, I think he is much better off in jail pending court.

In Minnesota, the only time someone can be held without bail is first-degree murder. In this case, there would need to be evidence that Chauvin planned to kill Floyd.

@Sarah K The third-degree murder charge and the voluntary manslaughter charges are still there. Here's the updated criminal complaint from Hennepin County:
    https://www.documentcloud.org/docume...ml#document/p1
    Last edited by leo3375; 06-03-2020 at 03:39 PM.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    www.8cantwait.org

Not sure if this has been posted and apologies if it has. Contact your mayor if your city isn't making all eight policies mandatory.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    It took a whole world protesting for just this to happen.

We need to change the laws to see real change.
    We need to change how police are hired, their mental health. They need to get evaluated, like teachers (they both get public pay) . Bad ones? See ya.
    There needs to be a near complete overhaul.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    They need to do them like they do civilians and throw 17 charges at them so at least two stick. Hopefully a second degree charge doesn't mean they're getting rid of the third degree one.
    YES! Only one charge means "a way to let him walk."

Quote Originally Posted by leo3375 View Post
    @Sarah K The third-degree murder charge and the voluntary manslaughter charges are still there. Here's the updated criminal complaint from Hennepin County:
    https://www.documentcloud.org/docume...ml#document/p1
    Hooray!!! YES!

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    I feel like anyone defending what happened in DC yesterday (looking at you GOP senators), is essentially supporting the notion that Trump's desire for a photo op outweighs the First Amendment rights of the protesters to peaceably assemble, and should be called out to defend that position.
    Feckless cowards

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    Feckless cowards

This really just pissed me off.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Luke Martin, who did three prints for the last tour is selling these tees through Sunday night. Each shirt is $20, and 100% goes directly to Black Lives Matter.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    I wish I was back in D.C. right now.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Mississippi AG won't pursue 2015 case against white officer for killing black man

Mississippi AG Lynn Fitch dismissed with prejudice the manslaughter charge against officer Canyon Boykin for shooting and killing Ricky Ball in a traffic stop. The local prosecutor said that had he known this would be the outcome, he would not have transferred the case to the state. Boykin was fired in 2017 for multiple infractions. He sued the city and got an undisclosed settlement.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    I wish I was back in D.C. right now.

I wish every protester from NYC...heck, the entire north east, made their way down to join them in DC to stage the biggest protest in human history...right on Trump's lawn.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    So....BLEXIT is a thing apparently, that's a truly sad thing to hear about during these times.

I know black folks aren't a monolith but jesus.....you'd think if there was one thing they agreed on it would be the predominant violence against black people from law enforcement.

People like Candace Owens baffle the hell out of me.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    I see one person of color (not counting orange) in the entire photo. Maybe two, they're too far away to be certain of skin tone vs. shade. But that's it. Jesus.
    Is that Obama picture from an older, possibly Selma-related march?

If so as I suspect & not from something this week, it just hammers home how useless he has been since he left office. For god sakes man, GET IN THE FIGHT.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    People like Candace Owens baffle the hell out of me.
    as Sesquipedalism said more eloquently, there's real good money in being an Uncle Tom. Lotta competition to be one of the tokens they trot out to throw their own people under the bus.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by StockAvuryah View Post
    for more interesting images, go on chapo
    Love those greasy boys. and Amber haha.