Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Quake (1996)

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    confession time: outside of playing the game a little as a kid, i've never actually listened to the quake soundtrack. so i'm sitting here spinning it on vinyl, and it's my first time. and holy fucking shit, this is SO GOOD. to think that i could have spent the last 20+ years listening to this and never did is a fucking travesty.

anyway, i'm really, really glad to finally have it. and it sounds phenomenal.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    my friend and his brother always put in another CD so they listened to whatever was shitty and popular that year instead. and I didn't have a computer that could run it so I have only listened to it and played the first level since there was no internet to buy the rest of the game nor download a crack.

still haven't, I just realized.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    my friend and his brother always put in another CD so they listened to whatever was shitty and popular that year instead. and I didn't have a computer that could run it so I have only listened to it and played the first level since there was no internet to buy the rest of the game nor download a crack.

still haven't, I just realized.
    I also did this and remember playing the game with Aphex Twin - SAW II and the Alien 3 soundtrack!

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Got my copy today. No download code, but a nice set nonetheless. Will have to test it out at a friend's house soon.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Just got my copy delivered. Seeing the Null 0.5 number makes my annoyance at Fragile Deviations being Haloed in the middle of the trilogy much more prominent... drives me nuts that it isn't officially catalogued with the other Fragile-era stuff! I guess I will continue to feel like a deviant for sorting it "out of order" on my shelf.

This release does look spectacular, though.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by picketyp View Post
    Just got my copy delivered. Seeing the Null 0.5 number makes my annoyance at Fragile Deviations being Haloed in the middle of the trilogy much more prominent... drives me nuts that it isn't officially catalogued with the other Fragile-era stuff! I guess I will continue to feel like a deviant for sorting it "out of order" on my shelf.

The Fragile Deviations 1 should've been Halo 14D

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by picketyp View Post

With TR being so fussy with halo numbers I don't know why he didn't put it as Halo 14 (something).

Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    This is way off topic, but I believe they rebuilt Deviations 1 from the ground up — Alan Moulder restored the multitracks for everything that was on tape into hi-res digital sessions, and they mixed a whole a bunch of the tracks from scratch. It's basically a new album from the same sessions, even though some of the sequencing is the same. By contrast, The Downward Spiral and With Teeth instrumentals (and other one-off ones we've heard) are just the exact same mixes you hear on the record with the vocal track muted. So I can see the justification for a new halo. Y'all just bitter still about how the vinyl was rolled out.
    Last edited by botley; 10-02-2020 at 02:21 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Still waiting for my copy of both. Tracking number hasn't been updated since 27th saying that it finally arrived in Canada. Impatiently waiting for these. Hoping they come today because, if they don't, they won't be here until next week.

I preordered PJ MTV Unplugged directly from the ten club and also ordered a shirt with it. They sent the shirt early (September 11th. The vinyl doesn't come out until next month) it only arrived here this week. I didn't even know it was sent. I had the item in my hand before they sent me a tracking number. Checked the tracking number once I received it and it said the item was out for delivery.

Kinda wishing I didn't have a tracking number for these two as I find myself checking status 50 times a day LOL.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Thanks for posting this, bro (or sis). When you posted this I went to the website to check it out, I then added it to my cart just to check how much it was going to be with taxes included, so I entered my email address but did not buy it, this was last week. Today I checked my inbox, and saw that I had a 20% discount coupon for new shoppers at the Universal website, so I pulled the trigger, and got it for $33.77, taxes and shipping included FTW!

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cahernandez View Post
    Thanks for posting this, bro (or sis). When you posted this I went to the website to check it out, I then added it to my cart just to check how much it was going to be with taxes included, so I entered my email address but did not buy it, this was last week. Today I checked my inbox, and saw that I had a 20% discount coupon for new shoppers at the Universal website, so I pulled the trigger, and got it for $33.77, taxes and shipping included FTW!
    That reminds me, they also have a coupon code for 20% that has been going since at least the summer. Enter COMEBACK for 20% off your entire order. I've used it multiple times and just tried it now and it still works.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Quake (1996)

[redacted]
    Last edited by tricil; 10-02-2020 at 10:24 AM. Reason: Thought I was in the Bowie thread lol

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Just gave it a nice full listen and I'm really happy with the pressing (could have been mastered louder though... but at least this way you can turn it up).

I always felt that that "Reptilian" could be placed in this game context quite easily (well, more Doom... but you get the idea).

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    NOt sure if this has been posted but... Quake is on pre-order from Amazon. Might come with an Amazon MP3 download. TSN vinyl on Amazon gets a MP3 download.

Quake https://www.amazon.com/Quake-LP-Nine...1742011&sr=8-1

TSN https://www.amazon.com/Social-Networ...1741851&sr=8-1

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    i still have yet to receive my copy, even though i ordered it within minutes of it going up. it "shipped" almost 2 weeks ago, yet the tracking number says USPS is still awaiting the package. even entered it in UPS (because that worked for my copy of TSN) and i get nothing. i've reached out to customer service, so hopefully they'll have some sort of update.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mi470 View Post
    i still have yet to receive my copy, even though i ordered it within minutes of it going up. it "shipped" almost 2 weeks ago, yet the tracking number says USPS is still awaiting the package. even entered it in UPS (because that worked for my copy of TSN) and i get nothing. i've reached out to customer service, so hopefully they'll have some sort of update.
    UPS tracking tells me mine is in Canada but no update since September 25th.
    USPS tells me it's in Vancouver and in transit. But again still no update since the 25th.

Hopefully it shows up soon

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Kind of OT, but if anyone feels like rediscovering the game, too, you should. Grab Quakespasm, find the game data (if you buy it on steam or gog you can extract the game data to use with quakespasm) and try out some modern fan-made maps.

I recommend browsing quaddicted.com to see what’s out there. “Quakeinjector” is a convenient front end to play any map on that site. Go find “honey” which is incredible. But also find the mod “arcane dimensions” which is chock full of amazing pieces of work. And any of the recent “map jams” where people show off what they can do in time limited bursts to a set theme.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Random thought: It just occurred to me how much Videodrones; Questions sounds like it could have been on the Quake soundtrack. Then I realized that they were released less than a year apart. Also, I kind of want a Quake II vinyl now. Any other Quake II soundtrack fans in here?

And if anyone downloads those MP3s from Amazon and discovers that they are the remastered version, I'd love a PM (I own Quake in both CD and Vinyl format, so I'm a legit paid customer).

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    And if anyone downloads those MP3s from Amazon and discovers that they are the remastered version, I'd love a PM (I own Quake in both CD and Vinyl format, so I'm a legit paid customer).
    I haven’t confirmed but I strongly think they must be the new issue because there wasn’t a previous release except as part of the game

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    There’s no indication that Amazon is providing MP3’s. If they were it would say “AutoRip” like it does on the TSN listing.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    For those in Canada waiting for a Canadian link

Amazon.CA

https://www.amazon.ca/Quake-Vinyl-Ni...s=music&sr=1-2

"Currently Unavailable" Though

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mr9inchnail View Post
    For those in Canada waiting for a Canadian link

Amazon.CA

https://www.amazon.ca/Quake-Vinyl-Ni...s=music&sr=1-2

"Currently Unavailable" Though
    yea saw hose on the weekend. Added to watch/notifications but I know I will get alerted faster on here then amazon themselves. At least I know what I’ll be asking for Christmas lol

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    UPS tracking tells me mine is in Canada but no update since September 25th.
    USPS tells me it's in Vancouver and in transit. But again still no update since the 25th.

Hopefully it shows up soon

I'm in exactly the same boat.

EDIT: Nevermind then, postman just rang, be on the lookout!

Last edited by Shadaloo; 10-05-2020 at 02:39 PM. Reason: Literally five minutes later...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
    I'm in exactly the same boat.
    I contacted UPS and they told me since it's been more than a week since it's been update and it's past the expected delivery date that this parcel is considered missing and that I would need to contact the seller. I've opened up a ticket with nin.com.

It's probably due to everything being back logged due to covid-19 but UPS telling me they consider it missing ... I don't feel comfortable not talking to NIN.com LOL

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    I contacted UPS and they told me since it's been more than a week since it's been update and it's past the expected delivery date that this parcel is considered missing and that I would need to contact the seller. I've opened up a ticket with nin.com.

It's probably due to everything being back logged due to covid-19 but UPS telling me they consider it missing ... I don't feel comfortable not talking to NIN.com LOL
    Whereabouts are you? In Montreal, I just updated my post because it just showed up (and it's satanically delicous).

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Whereabouts are you? In Montreal, I just updated my post because it just showed up (and it's satanically delicous).
    I'm in Ajax, ON just outside of Toronto. So basically what you're telling me is I should check my doorstep ? LOL

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I unfortunately wasn't as lucky as you were

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Well look what showed up today

https://imgur.com/SbnfXDC

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Well look what showed up today

https://imgur.com/SbnfXDC
    I'm glad you got it

Honestly, living in Canada has inundated me to getting things 1-2 weeks to a month after everyone else. I'm actually pleasantly surprised it didn't take longer.