Page 12 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread: The Playstation Thread

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alrea View Post
    Hehe. The internet's going nuts right now.

http://i.imgur.com/vLNmkwF.png

(I used a link, because the image is HUUUUGE on here.)
    Extremely childish if you ask me.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Interesting how Square, once a major highlight of any E3, have become the most confusing part of these big media events.

Final Fantasy: Fuck It Whatever

IS this an RPG? Is it part of the story from 13? Is it it's own thing? Fuck it. Whatever.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Re: The Playstation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    Interesting how Square, once a major highlight of any E3, have become the most confusing part of these big media events.

Final Fantasy: Fuck It Whatever

IS this an RPG? Is it part of the story from 13? Is it it's own thing? Fuck it. Whatever.
    I'd say it's about as much of an RPG as Kingdom hearts. And I'm assuming it's a completely separate thing now (maybe, it always was). Part of me thinking they had to rename it because of their financial troubles. Either way, I'm glad they haven't given up on it.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    it does look pretty cool! It's just the whole way they present that leaves us all hanging. The japanese guys lead in, the confusing title change.... it derails my excitement. They showed a game that looked super cool, associated it with a game that's been though to be dead in development - it's hard to describe. It's something I want to like but I barely know what it is and if it will even come out, and that seems crazy for a game with the number 15 at the end of it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    The only big thing Imo that Sonydidn't mention besides the actual release date was how big of an hard drive the PS4 was going to have.

The Xbox One I believe comes with a 500GB one. So it'll be interesting to see what PS4 comes, my guess no where near as big as that maybe a 60-80 GB for the $399 console and more for lets say a $499 one.....just thought that was interesting.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    ^ Amazon says Dec.31st.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    They subtly mentioned it under their breath during their conference. I don't think it's a big deal in light of the fact that microsoft has been doing the same thing for about 12 years now. My gold membership should expire and end up staying that way pretty soon.

Wish they showed more Infamous. They're really keeping that game under wraps for some reason.
    That's what I was thinking. Further, not sure about Xbox, but, PS+ is quoted at $5 a month. Not too bad.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bruised View Post
    ^ Amazon says Dec.31st.
    That's the default "we don't know" date for upcoming merch on Amazon. I'm pretty sure Sony said November back when they first had their unveiling.

Regarding Final Fantasy XV... it's confusing because of the title I guess. Originally, FF Versus XIII was intended to be part of this three game launch with XIII, Versus, and a PSP game that was originally called FF Agito and was later rebranded as Type-0 and not released outside of Japan. Anyway, the original teaser trailer for Versus was shown 7 or 8 years ago just as the PS3 was launching. The only original connection between the games was that I guess they were supposed to be set in the same world. That's been changed I think, and at this point there's really no connection at all, and people really don't know much about it. Up until today, a lot of people assumed it was vaporware.

I think it's a good move to change the title to XV and simplify things. Honestly, this has been my most wanted game since the first gameplay trailer. It looks incredible, and I'm glad it's finally coming out.

some extra info. apparently the PS4 will also ship with a 500 gig HDD
    Last edited by Jinsai; 06-11-2013 at 12:32 AM.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bruised View Post
    ^ Amazon says Dec.31st.
    That is a placeholder date. They do this with lots of things.

Also specs have just been announced: 500GB HD comes with a headset, doesn't come with the camera thing. Which also i guess means it doesn't need the camera to be on all the time.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Oh sweet good to know they are going the same route with the HD ^^^^^vvvvvvvv
    Last edited by Tums206_BFY; 06-11-2013 at 01:38 AM.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tums206_BFY View Post
    The only big thing Imo that Sonydidn't mention besides the actual release date was how big of an hard drive the PS4 was going to have.

The Xbox One I believe comes with a 500GB one. So it'll be interesting to see what PS4 comes, my guess no where near as big as that maybe a 60-80 GB for the $399 console and more for lets say a $499 one.....just thought that was interesting.

PS4 comes with a 500GB hard drive and it's the only version available.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    I love seeing the knee jerk reaction of the gaming press/community. They have to be some of the most shortsighted, and silliest of the fanboy communities out there.

Do people honestly believe the x1 is dead? Do they not realize sony HAD to price this console below the X1. THe PS4 doesn't come with it's crappy "move" peripheral (can't blame them), it doesn't come with any of that 3d garbage they were pushing, and it doesn't even come with it's "eye".

The x1 comes with kinect, which from all accounts looks completely insane and ramped up from the one on the 360. Sure, for this demographic (people that actually follow E3) that may not be a big deal, but in the real world the Kinect moves units, lots of them. It brings in serious numbers for microsoft and the xbox brand.

Not to mention in terms of overall package the x1 is delivering a more robust experience. Is that worth $100 more? Maybe not for some. But to think that games on the PS4 wont have serious DRM implement when it's been a battle cry industry wide to curb used games (as if studios give a fuck if gamestop doesn't make money) is a serious oversight by the gaming press.

This industry will never gain respect if it continues to constantly blow up over every misunderstood detail/scenario/trade show.

It's laughable.
    "

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
    I love seeing the knee jerk reaction of the gaming press/community. They have to be some of the most shortsighted, and silliest of the fanboy communities out there.
    funny you should say that, since your comment here seems pretty flagrantly fanboyish

Do people honestly believe the x1 is dead?
    what publication said that? Everyone seems to be implying that Sony won e3 hands down... And yeah they obviously did.

Do they not realize sony HAD to price this console below the X1.
    No they didn't. What kind of bullshit logic is this? By charging less they make their product more appealing to most people, but they didn't HAVE to. Why did they HAVE TO make it cheaper?

THe PS4 doesn't come with it's crappy "move" peripheral (can't blame them), it doesn't come with any of that 3d garbage they were pushing, and it doesn't even come with it's "eye".
    good. I'd rather not be forced to pay for stuff I don't want.

The x1 comes with kinect, which from all accounts looks completely insane and ramped up from the one on the 360. Sure, for this demographic (people that actually follow E3) that may not be a big deal, but in the real world the Kinect moves units, lots of them. It brings in serious numbers for microsoft and the xbox brand.
    I don't care about Kinect, and I don't give a fuck if it sells units. You do, and yet you started this off complaining about fanboys...

Not to mention in terms of overall package the x1 is delivering a more robust experience.
    Robust? Jesus Christ... You're like an adbot

Is that worth $100 more? Maybe not for some. But to think that games on the PS4 wont have serious DRM implement when it's been a battle cry industry wide to curb used games (as if studios give a fuck if gamestop doesn't make money) is a serious oversight by the gaming press.
    what exactly is the oversight here? Are you actually trying to defend this drm bs in some vague and confusing way?

This industry will never gain respect if it continues to constantly blow up over every misunderstood detail/scenario/trade show.
    derp. Unless Microsoft changes their strategy completely, this isn't just a reaction to a show. They could have skipped the show altogether and filled people in on twitter. The reaction would have been the same. This isn't just a bunch of people bashing a bad performance at a trade show, they're bashing the proposed (and clearly outlined) business model that they'll be standing behind for the next decade or so.

It's laughable.
    "
    yes, it is
    Last edited by Jinsai; 06-11-2013 at 05:49 AM.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    The price for this holiday could be a big factor.
    Just think about the parents who want to get their kids the new call of duty + console.
    even if you add the camera for parity the ps4 plays the same game, the same way, cheaper. If Sony can market that, well.. It just adds up. I remember when my parents got me my first playstation for Xmas, I think I'd asked for an n64.. Psx was cheaper (plus my dad wanted Toca)

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Robust? Jesus Christ... You're like an adbot
    You could be on to something here; he might be on the payroll for some 'reputation management': http://www.businessinsider.com/micro...omments-2013-6

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I fucking love Jinsai's posts. I lol.
    Last edited by Amaro; 06-11-2013 at 07:39 AM.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Re: The Playstation Thread

So, apparently they want 100 to reserve. I can't afford it... Probably going to have to wait until spring... Ah well...

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Pretty excited to get a PS4; "The Order" looked quite interesting. Also, it's funny that many games have been influenced by "Mad Max" (from "Borderlands" to "Rage"); yet, I don't recall a "Mad Max" game before yesterday. It was a brief teaser, so, I'll reserve judgment as it's rare that movie-to-game adaptations work. Glad to see the "The Elder Scrolls" MMO will be available for this console. Good stuff!

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Xbox 360 outsold the PS3 most of this generation and the PS3 had a pretty awful launch with the price and the overall beginning of things. They did everything in their power to tip things in their favor this generation, nothing more. They did it as well.

People wanted offline (though I'm sure most, not all, but most people have online capabilities every day anyways), guaranteed free used games (I doubt Xbox One games outside EA titles will have fee bullshit that often) and they tossed it out for a cheaper price than PS3 as they seen the issue with it last time.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I believe this was brought up a couple pages ago but it has been confirmed that the PS4 is not region locked for games. Though developers have the option to do so, sorta how it already is on the PS3.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I'll admit that I really have rooted for Playstation my entire life. Not because I give a shit about Sony as a company, but I root for them because Sony really HAS delivered some of the best games I've ever played across every console generation, and I know that they will continue to do so. So when i see them throw the smack down like they did yesterday it gets me giddy.

I mean who doesn't like to watch a Corporate brawl like what went down yesterday. Finally an E3 that didn't put me to sleep.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    what publication said that? Everyone seems to be implying that Sony won e3 hands down... And yeah they obviously did.
    Yeah, knee jerk reaction.

By charging less they make their product more appealing to most people, but they didn't HAVE to. Why did they HAVE TO make it cheaper?
    I agree it makes their product more appealing. They had to do it because given the current numbers in the last few years they would have been obliterated pricing it at the X1s $500.

good. I'd rather not be forced to pay for stuff I don't want.
    This is a give and take. I can agree with you in terms of the PS stuff because they were so awful, poorly implemented, and no one cared about it. Regardless if you don't like the Kinect it did prove popular and from what has been shown, the new one could be a nifty little device even if you are not a fan of the original kinect games.

I don't care about Kinect, and I don't give a fuck if it sells units. You do, and yet you started this off complaining about fanboys...
    The point isn't that you care about Kinect. The point is that it's an added technology to the console, one in which Sony does not have. It's a reason why the X1 is priced higher. A price that can be justified considering the popularity Kinect has shown to have.

what exactly is the oversight here? Are you actually trying to defend this drm bs in some vague and confusing way?
    It's an industry issue that wont be going away any time soon. I guess bravo to sony for trying to fight for freedom? lmao, but I have to ask are they really or is this just smoke and mirrors? They still give the power to the publishers to lock you in.

derp. Unless Microsoft changes their strategy completely, this isn't just a reaction to a show. They could have skipped the show altogether and filled people in on twitter. The reaction would have been the same. This isn't just a bunch of people bashing a bad performance at a trade show, they're bashing the proposed (and clearly outlined) business model that they'll be standing behind for the next decade or so.
    Yah, well justified or not the gaming community overreacts too quickly to everything and backtracks constantly. We'll see what happens.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
    Yeah, knee jerk reaction.
    I think it's safer to infer that you're offering some knee jerk defenses.

This is a give and take. I can agree with you in terms of the PS stuff because they were so awful, poorly implemented, and no one cared about it.
    Whereas the Han Solo Kinect Dancing game was just great. What a robust experience.

The point isn't that you care about Kinect. The point is that it's an added technology to the console, one in which Sony does not have. It's a reason why the X1 is priced higher. A price that can be justified considering the popularity Kinect has shown to have.
    The point is there is no option to not get it. No thanks. I don't care if there's a demographic that will run out and buy the $500 Xbox One for Let's Dance 10. You might be overestimating how large that group is, but either way that impacts my world in no way.

They still give the power to the publishers to lock you in.
    No they aren't. They're allowing third party companies to include online passes and they can region lock their games if they feel like it, just like they do now. There's nothing different to the way it is now. NOTHING. To even compare this to the Xbox One's new DRM restrictions is desperate.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by R-Dot-Yung View Post
    I'll admit that I really have rooted for Playstation my entire life. Not because I give a shit about Sony as a company, but I root for them because Sony really HAS delivered some of the best games I've ever played across every console generation, and I know that they will continue to do so. So when i see them throw the smack down like they did yesterday it gets me giddy.

I mean who doesn't like to watch a Corporate brawl like what went down yesterday. Finally an E3 that didn't put me to sleep.
    I think I agree with you on all fronts. I don't really care for the Sony brand so much because I think the company is run well, but they delivered for me in every generation. Something the Xbox and the 360 couldn't do, despite the fun I had playing on those consoles. The Xbox One had some great potential, and Microsoft kinda screwed it over for themselves. I'm sure they still have some potential down the road to learn from their mistakes, but it'll take a little while.

I just got back from going out for a bit. I aaalmost pre-ordered a PS4, after the guy at Gamestop told me there were only two out of 28 available pre-orders left, but then I decided I'd wait it out an extra month, to see how the reception is, and see when they announce the inevitable holiday bundles (and hopefully some kind of PS4 + Vita bundle, that'd be pretty rad). I may change my Watch Dogs pre-order to the PS4 copy, though, just to start my entry into the next gen on the right foot.

So, there won't be backwards compatibility for disc games, but what about the games I've bought digitally through the PSN? Are those still gonna be downloadable and playable from my PSN account, since that account's going to transfer over?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    No they aren't. They're allowing third party companies to include online passes and they can region lock their games if they feel like it, just like they do now. There's nothing different to the way it is now. NOTHING. To even compare this to the Xbox One's new DRM restrictions is desperate.
    Everything you said in your post is 100% true and I agree with it, but this point here is something that needs to be emphasized: Sony is literally changing ABSOLUTELY NOTHING from the current system. I don't know people are trying to dock Sony for this.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Jinsai, since this is all about you and what you want there is no real discussion to be had here, is there? Good day.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Actually Rabbit you made some good points that I never really thought about such as the pricing. You're right, the PS4 basically had to come in cheaper. With the systems having similar specs the Kinect wouldn't be cheap and probably would have always been the difference. The Xbone won't be dead but I do hope it struggles. This is coming from an xbot. The whole situation is shit because from a games point of view I think the xbone really out-did the PS4 yesterday. I just can't buy that thing they're proposing. I'm off to world of PC.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madmya View Post
    Actually Rabbit you made some good points that I never really thought about such as the pricing. You're right, the PS4 basically had to come in cheaper. With the systems having similar specs the Kinect wouldn't be cheap and probably would have always been the difference. The Xbone won't be dead but I do hope it struggles. This is coming from an xbot. The whole situation is shit because from a games point of view I think the xbone really out-did the PS4 yesterday. I just can't buy that thing they're proposing. I'm off to world of PC.
    Some of it definitely comes off sketchy no doubt and it needs to be clarified but to blame Microsoft for this DRM, no used games, etc etc stuff is not fair. Publishers WANT THIS. They are struggling on returns, this is why we've had a drop in new IP. Once a publisher hits on a franchise you see what? 4,5,6 iterations? The costs of producing these titles have ballooned and the used game market does serious damage.

It's not like it was back in the day where you could buy/borrow/trade one or two games from a neighbor. With Gamestop, ebay, online, it's so much more effective to buy used games. There is no question that's great for purchasers but what about the makers of these titles? They get shafted. No one is crying for Call of Duty and Activision, but think of all the other sub 500k sold titles that don't get a sequel or studios shut down because a game doesn't crack 1 million sold (now it's pushing more towards the 1.5mill+ mark)

There has to be a balance. Microsoft is trying it but they did a poor job communicating what the fuck they're really intending on doing.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Well priced digital downloads is where it should come down. Both Sony and MS have ridiculous prices for 'full' games. I will buy a download of a game if it is cheaper, and its not a game I'm getting really excited for, (I want the collectors addition! ZOMG Tin box! etc). Smaller games like Remember Me, Sleeping Dogs etc..

Steam has very strict DRM, but they earn trust through price and service. If either MS and Sony can get the digital prices down, more fluid sales etc, then all the used game, DRM etc goes out the window, because hey, its all tied to your account.

New disc based games should cost more, just because of used games, printing costs, lack of drm, but when say, Ni No Kuni launched, I could either buy it for £45 in a shop, or a locked digital download for £60. Same with Remember Me, Tomb Raider, Call of Duty, Fifa... and I can re-sell the disc if they game is bad? its a no-brainer. If that was reversed? I would definitely be favouring the download stores
    Last edited by liquidcalm; 06-12-2013 at 02:28 AM.