Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: COLD and BLACK and INFINITE 2018 - Official Tour Merchandise

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    Only the shirts you DON'T want to shrink, will shrink.
    Ain't that the truth! I hope there are some non-black shirts this time around. I'm trying to buy less black t-shirts because I have like 100, but it's difficult because almost every time I go to a concert, black is by far the dominant color, if not the only color. Iron Maiden: all black. Metallica: all black. Ghost: all black. The A perfect Circle and Tool shirts I got earlier this year were both a charcoal grey, which is better, but most were still black. I'd love a sweet new NIN shirt in red or a light grey or charcoal, but I don't buy white shirts because they get dirty so quickly and they get pit stains in the summer.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    4 is Yes, but 5 is no for me lol.
    That usually doesn't stop me from being tempted by them though. I was really close to buying that long black and white "surveillance camera on fire" one from Aftershock last year. I stopped and stared at it for a good 20 mins. I decided against it because I literally have 10 NIN posters rolled up in a tube. I don't have the wall space.

The problem with t-shirts is, they always end up shrinking on me. I was dumb and for all the shows I went to between 2008 and 2013 I bought size medium, but they are all virtually unwearable now because they are all skin tight. I need a size Large now.

I lucked out at the With Teeth 2005 tour. I was still in my "size medium" habits back then, but they were all sold out of the tour shirt in sz Medium at the Toronto shows. I was so bummed, so bought a Large. I never wore the shirt nearly 8 years because I thought it was "too big" and then one day I wore it hiking and I was like "damn, this is a comfy sized shirt" and from that point on it clicked and I got Large shirts.

So now I have an abundance of totally aware unwearable tour t-shirts in Size medium that just sit in the closet.

It all depends on the band and the make of the shirts as well. For some reason, I bought a size Large tour shirt from TOOL and it's unwearable. It's super small. It's like a medium. It was the last large too, and my buddy tried it on first and was like "nope, too small" and he upgraded to an XL... in hindsight, I should have taken his advice and got an XL. But you really never know until you get it home and wash it once or twice.
    I know what you mean, i hate when they shrink a lot.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    Ain't that the truth! I hope there are some non-black shirts this time around. I'm trying to buy less black t-shirts because I have like 100, but it's difficult because almost every time I go to a concert, black is by far the dominant color, if not the only color. Iron Maiden: all black. Metallica: all black. Ghost: all black. The A perfect Circle and Tool shirts I got earlier this year were both a charcoal grey, which is better, but most were still black. I'd love a sweet new NIN shirt in red or a light grey or charcoal, but I don't buy white shirts because they get dirty so quickly and they get pit stains in the summer.

And with that said, I present to you... my closet lol:

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    ^^ Cold and Black and Fairly Sizable

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Bottom of the Pyramid is a tease: https://instagram.com/p/Bj9kKnPnus3/

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Damage View Post
    I know what you mean, i hate when they shrink a lot.
    I stopped buying NIN shirts for this reason. The Fragility 2.0 shirt I bought in 2000 was a tank and held up to anything. It faded a bit but it wore and washed really well. The WT tour shirts were much thinner...they shrank and twisted. Same with my Wave Goodbye shirt. But at the going rate for merch shirts these days I just don't bother anymore.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdm View Post
    I stopped buying NIN shirts for this reason. The Fragility 2.0 shirt I bought in 2000 was a tank and held up to anything. It faded a bit but it wore and washed really well. The WT tour shirts were much thinner...they shrank and twisted. Same with my Wave Goodbye shirt. But at the going rate for merch shirts these days I just don't bother anymore.
    I second the With Teeth Tour Shirt. It's a Large like all my other NIN shirts but man, did that shirt shrink. Still fits, albeit, very snug, but they were not the best quality of shirts.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I wish this trick worked with some of the XL shirts I have... I have a few great shirts from when I was 16 that for some odd reason I decided that XL was "THE" size to get for a 120 lbs guy who was close to 6 feet tall. lol... oh being a teen in the 90s lol...

I have washed and washed and washed those shirts to kingdom come and they just won't shrink. Only the shirts you DON'T want to shrink, will shrink.
    THIS! So much! I have a lot of cool shirts I found while thrift store shopping, but so many of them are XL and no matter how many times I wash them, they won't shrink! Some of them I managed to make into tank tops, but only if they're not vintage.

Yeah, when I started going to a lot of shows I used to make it a rule to pick a shirt from each and every show. Over the years I mellowed out on that. Now, I really think about whether or not I really like the shirt and how much I'll wear it. And that's why I didn't get the Physical World event shirt. I liked that it had my city on the back, but that's about it. I didn't like the design otherwise, so I decided I better save that $25. I bought a pin instead :P

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    A intetesting view of today's merch:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Is that some sort of action figure standing on top of that middle box? Looks like it’s got its pants down and taking a piss.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    Is that some sort of action figure standing on top of that middle box? Looks like it’s got its pants down and taking a piss.
    Haha that’s a water bottle you goon

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    Haha that’s a water bottle you goon
    Lolllol

I see that now that you pointed it out. Looking at that pic from a phone: the cap looks like a head, and the rest of the bottle looks like a gray robot or something with purple shorts.

Would’ve been cooler if it was some Robo-Trent action figure that pees though. Admit it people, would’ve been a hot seller.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Would’ve been cooler if it was some Robo-Trent action figure that pees though. Admit it people, would’ve been a hot seller.
    WARM and YELLOW and FINITE

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Lolllol

I see that now that you pointed it out. Looking at that pic from a phone: the cap looks like a head, and the rest of the bottle looks like a gray robot or something with purple shorts.

If a urinating Robo-Trent figure was the Bad Witch physical component, no lie, I'd probably buy a couple.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    FYI there will be one poster for all nights in Vegas and one show specific poster for each night's show. Same w/ shirts apparently. I don't know the total number available as Jay, the NIN merch person did not know.

The merch table is to the right of the box office but on opposite wall.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by m0reta View Post
    FYI there will be one poster for all nights in Vegas and one show specific poster for each night's show. Same w/ shirts apparently. I don't know the total number available as Jay, the NIN merch person did not know.

The merch table is to the right of the box office but on opposite wall.

Any change you could ask him directly about when merch will be set up and when it will be available to buy? The box office gave a very canned answer of "6, an hour before doors" mentioning that was the normal march booth time, so it's possible it might not be accurate for tonight.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sick among the pure View Post
    Any change you could ask him directly about when merch will be set up and when it will be available to buy? The box office gave a very canned answer of "6, an hour before doors" mentioning that was the normal march booth time, so it's possible it might not be accurate for tonight.

Jay indicates it will be ready when doors open so not clear yet if it will be any earlier.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    I'm sitting here desperately refreshing to see pictures of the merch!
    lol...
    I have issues.

But hot damn, I want to see those sweet t-shirts!!

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Saw one of the posters but I don't know which. It's metalic red w/ some sort of pyramid. It's gorgeous even w/o detail!

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by m0reta View Post
    Saw one of the posters but I don't know which. It's metalic red w/ some sort of pyramid. It's gorgeous even w/o detail!
    That alone sounds really, really cool. Checking this thread every 5 minutes to spoil myself like fuck on what the tour merch is.

I HAVE to know if going all-in on merch this year is a possibility or not.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTheWiseJanitor View Post
    That alone sounds really, really cool. Checking this thread every 5 minutes to spoil myself like fuck on what the tour merch is.

I HAVE to know if going all-in on merch this year is a possibility or not.
    Yeah, I want to know if I'm going to be dropping $200 or so next week in London or not, lol. I want at least a t-shirt, long sleeve and a jacket if all of those are available.
    I've held off ordering the jackets on the web store in favor of buying it in person and saving on shipping.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    pics GDI!

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    I know! I just want to see 1 photo so I can close ETS down for the night (and possibly the weekend as well, lol)

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Merch

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    About what I expected, but the new merch looks sick! I'm just gonna save myself some time and assume that I'm gonna want to buy everything I can in September/October, heh. No doubt that the CBI tour merch will have its own style that'll tempt me just as much.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Wow I hate to be that guy, but that’s the worst merch of any tour they have ever done. Could you imagine how cool the shirts and hoodies would be if they put the same effort in as they did their posters?
    Last edited by tony.parente; 06-13-2018 at 09:19 PM.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Last edited by cdm; 06-13-2018 at 09:20 PM.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Hmm, I'm gonna get the jacket at #9 for sure. Not too fond of the t-shirts on this run though. Hopefully there is at least a tour shirt with the European dates on it.
    I'm assuming the Vegas ones are getting "show specific" t-shirts and that there will be a traditional "tour shirt" for Europe.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Atari 2600 Missile Command?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    The show specific litho looks fucking sick, friend just sent me a photo of his. Wonder what the next 2 show lithos will look like.