Page 409 of 486 FirstFirst ... 309 359 399 407 408 409 410 411 419 459 ... LastLast
Results 12,241 to 12,270 of 14557

Thread: Professional Wrestling

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ltrandazzo View Post
    Arn Anderson was fired for letting an intoxicated Alicia Fox wrestle a match at a recent house show. Last straw kind of incident since he would ruffle feathers. Alicia showed up drunk at the event in question and hasn't been backstage since the incident.

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/20...firing-651600/
    Without being a prick, I totally joked and said the photo taken that night, of Nikki, Mickie and Alicia, that she looked drunk as shit in the photograph. I predicted it right!

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Well damn... guess that makes sense. I'd fire her too tbh. She's awful and clearly unprofessional. It's amazing how long she's lasted and how awful and reckless she is.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by quietime View Post
    Here's an interesting read about WWE creative and their writers.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCirc...th_former_wwe/
    So, after reading this recap I went and sought out the podcast referenced and it was incredible. Great insight into the writer's room.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    I always liked Alicia Fox, she made a great German Suplex and was a solid worker, obviously she was only there to put talent over, but i always liked even her annoying voice (oh and she was really hot before she dyed her hair blonde...)

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I never liked her. Found her obnoxious and her work is sloppy. I usually turn the channel when I see her. Hopefully she gets the help she needs though.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    I never liked her. Found her obnoxious and her work is sloppy. I usually turn the channel when I see her. Hopefully she gets the help she needs though.
    Generally agree with most of your posts, but to each its own, she wasn't a "Charlotte" or a "Sasha", that's for sure, but compared most of the Divas or her prime she was pretty decent.
    Hopefully she'll get help, i think it's safe to say her days are numbered in the company...

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    It's not about her being a Sasha or Charlotte. Her working makes me cringe at times at how rough and reckless she is. It's not good. Every time I watch her, there's one spot where I genuinely fear for the other girl. That's how I see her. Plus, the crazy girl gimmick ran it's course imo. Not a fan at all. Like who you want to like though.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    We lost another one.

King Kong Bundy Dead at 61

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Seems appropriate to share his greatest starring role - the lead wrestler in a "This Is Sportscenter" commercial. So random and amazing all at once.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Haha I remember that commercial back in the day.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Random musings -

Rumors that Alexa Bliss is injured again though she is disputing their validity on Twitter this morning. Also, I realized that if I view A Moment Of Bliss as Pawnee Today and see Alexa Bliss as Joan Callamezzo, it kind of works! Especially after wanting Finn to show his abs.

Heel Ronda has arrived. I don't know if we needed two heels in this match with a worked-injured babyface in the match, but there it is. BTW, I think we can dismiss the Twitter activities as a worked shoot because there was perfect follow-through last night. I can only see this making sense if there's a chance to turn Charlotte around a little, but that doesn't make much sense in the long run.

I'm a mark of The Shield, and last night got a pop from me again for that goddamn fist bump, especially with Seth shouting "come onnnnnnnnnnnnnnn" a few times. I'm glad they're letting Roman be himself a bit more and the crowd is responding well to it so far. Chronicle after Raw confirmed that his type of leukemia is CML.

I liked Triple H's promo but could've done without hearing "Richard Fliehr" over and over again. I get it. We're using real names now. Cool cool cool.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Rumors that Alexa Bliss is injured again though she is disputing their validity on Twitter this morning.
    It's just people being speculative with her, she's one of the most and worst gossiped superstars on social media. The amount of shit thrown her way both positive and negative is high.

She's not injured though. WWE just PAINFULLY and clearly has no real interest in women outside of Charlotte, Becky and Ronda right now. None of them have storylines or feuds whatsoever.

I don't even like them but where the fuck were Sasha and Bayley? They weren't even on last night. That shows how important that truly was in the wake of their inevitable Triple Threat Match with the three above.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    I don't even like them but where the fuck were Sasha and Bayley? They weren't even on last night. That shows how important that truly was in the wake of their inevitable Triple Threat Match with the three above.
    Sasha lost to Tamina after Nia interfered and took out Bayley in the match before the Raw tag title defense. You watching on Hulu?

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Sasha lost to Tamina after Nia interfered and took out Bayley in the match before the Raw tag title defense. You watching on Hulu?
    No I flipped channels. I must've missed that then. Silly me throwing out anger and angst without watching it all haha.

However, Nia and Tamina is the best they got to offer Bayley and Sasha at Fastlane? zzzzzzzz.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Heel Ronda has arrived. I don't know if we needed two heels in this match with a worked-injured babyface in the match, but there it is. BTW, I think we can dismiss the Twitter activities as a worked shoot because there was perfect follow-through last night. I can only see this making sense if there's a chance to turn Charlotte around a little, but that doesn't make much sense in the long run.
    I'm not feeling this feud at all, it's way too similar to Daniel Bryan storyline at WM 30 with a "Stone Cold" splash on it, still turning Rhonda heel was the right move, i think she has way more potential as a heel (plus his "angry" face is the only convincing thing about her character...)

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    No I flipped channels. I must've missed that then. Silly me throwing out anger and angst without watching it all haha.

However, Nia and Tamina is the best they got to offer Bayley and Sasha at Fastlane? zzzzzzzz.
    It says something, though, that they're facing them at Fastlane and not WM35.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Using something I rarely use -

Spoiler: I think this was coming to a head at NXT: New York where Gargano was gonna face off with Ciampa after kicking his ass post-#DIY elimination from the Dusty tournament. Now I'm sure we'll see a big gimmick match or micro-tournament to crown the new NXT champion instead. I'd like for it to still be Johnny, but I could also see Adam Cole getting the nod with Undisputed Era maybe sweeping all of the men's titles a la Evolution in 2003/2004.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Prediction - I think we establish Ronda as the new mega-heel of the 3 post-WM35 so it leads to the inevitable 4HW match either at Summerslam or WM36. Shayna, Marina and Jessamyn have all been paired up in NXT, and I could see Shayna getting called up post-WM35 to start laying down the path to this.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Using something I rarely use -

Spoiler: I think this was coming to a head at NXT: New York where Gargano was gonna face off with Ciampa after kicking his ass post-#DIY elimination from the Dusty tournament. Now I'm sure we'll see a big gimmick match or micro-tournament to crown the new NXT champion instead. I'd like for it to still be Johnny, but I could also see Adam Cole getting the nod with Undisputed Era maybe sweeping all of the men's titles a la Evolution in 2003/2004.
    Adam Cole needs to reign supreme bay-bay.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Luke Harper is back, returning to a Raw house show in his hometown of Rochester, NY

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Also, sorry for the double post, but there is rumors that the usos might be leaving and that Gallows & Anderson have supposedly rejected their contract and might be leaving in Sept

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Poor Mandy.

I love both of these women but a feud for Sonya and Mandy could be awesome if done right.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Fastlane Hot Takes:
    • Ricochet finally looked human/shakeable.
    • Tamina can be released now.
    • Joe is a monster. Andrade is a STAR.
    • Bar/Kofi was a joke.
    • Shane is an asshole.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    The heat Shane got was great. Almost forgot how good of a heel he could be. Sucks that we get a Shane/Miz match at mania. Build should be good though. Pretty good show so far.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Good PPV! Looks like we're definitely heading to Kofimania after last night's events with that 2-on-1. The crowd and online reaction, I believe, made sure that this wasn't a blow off deal (a term that got thrown around unwisely on wrestling Twitter last night).

I'm super happy that Andrade and Rey got moved into the main card for the US title and, I REALLY REALLY hope that Joe rockin' the title will start to build some momentum around it again. R-Truth is also doing a lot with this as well and I'm happy to see him being elevated as well.

If it's Nia & Tamina vs Nattie & Beth, I imagine it'll be during the kickoff. I also think they get injected into the women's tag team title picture somehow.

Shane vs. Miz should be fun and I'm glad to see that this went where it looked it was going.

I guess we're really calling this The Shield's last ride, huh. If so, it was a great way for the hounds to go out on a high note. Good crowd reaction for all three and a great match that reminded me of Payback '14 before the Rollins turn.

The Raw Women's Title - So, a few things. One, I want Becky to get off of this knee injury deal now. Give her a slight limp, but no more with it. We've had it for a month and a half now so time to move on there. Two, I don't understand why Ronda didn't just continue the beatdown after hitting Becky once. Are the nasty looks meant to imply that she wants to murder them both and move Charlotte back into a tweener-type of spot? After calling wrestling fake after that YouTube video, you'd think more would have happened than did. Three, for some weird reason, I could see this going back to just Ronda vs. Becky? I'm confused. Excited, but confused.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    - I'm up for Shane/Miz and i actually like Shane better as a heel (just like the Mean Street Posse days...)

- Not sure it will be the last time we'll ever see the SHIELD, people said the same thing about the Rock...

- Andrade and Rey deserved a better spot and they got it, i'm glad they did

- I like Kofi but his storyline feels a bit forced, i'm pretty sure it will be a fatal four way match between Bryan, Kofi, KO and Mustafa Ali

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I'm not convinced on anything Shield or Dean leaving. There's a "farewell address" opening Raw tonight. Leaving or not, I think we're getting Roman/Dean at mania. Who else would Roman have a meaningful match with?

Kofi storyline is getting convoluted. Gotta buy time when you change your plans i guess. It's clear he's getting a mania match at least.

They're killing Becky imo. Another convoluted mess but far worse. Last night's finish made her look like a dweeb too. She couldn't get the win without Ronda helping her. Match that Becky had because she won the rumble, but nah, let's just forget about that ever happening. But hopefully, since the match is now finalized, it can get back on track. It's a mess.
    Last edited by Piko; 03-11-2019 at 03:10 PM.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    They're killing Becky imo. Another convoluted mess but far worse. Last night's finish made her look like a dweeb too. She couldn't get the win without Ronda helping her. Match that Becky had because she won the rumble, but nah, let's just forget about that ever happening. But hopefully, since the match is now finalized, it can get back on track. It's a mess.
    The booking with Becky is so weird; first they make her tap out clean to Asuka at the Royal Rumble, then they fake an injury to make her look more badass (but made her look even weaker...) and now she wins with Rhonda's help.

I think they had something special with "The Man" character and they drowned that, it's almost like they don't want anyone to be a "Top Guy/Girl".
    Last edited by henryeatscereal; 03-12-2019 at 12:13 AM.