Page 27 of 39 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 ... LastLast

Thread: The Playstation Thread

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Sort of a dull event, but some pretty baller games like Ghostwire and Pragmata. Demon's Souls!

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

I mean I guess it was expected but I wonder at the price difference.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    well, I've been going through a strange personal hell, and it seems like everyone I care about is also going through something unimaginably awful... so I guess it's at least good to see that Demon's Souls is getting remade for PS5.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Everyone seems to be confused as to what the new Spiderman game is. Figured it was a spinoff, but Peter talking in the beginning (I think it was Peter) seems like he is passing the torch, but apparently Insomniac has been working on something else. Regardless, it looks amazing.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    well, I've been going through a strange personal hell, and it seems like everyone I care about is also going through something unimaginably awful... so I guess it's at least good to see that Demon's Souls is getting remade for PS5.

https://twitter.com/manfightdragon/status/1271215035231035392
    Last edited by Kodiak33; 06-11-2020 at 06:14 PM.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    No one is talking about the rift jumping in Ratchet and Clank... That is the PS5's SSD at work! Jumping from 3-D world to 3-D world seamlessly.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I am gonna go out on a limb to say for the first time in two generations I'd buy a PS console over an Xbox console first. Not on launch though.

Demon's Souls will awesome!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Very curious what the Digital Edition price will be, I barely ever buy physical copies anymore.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    When I saw Demon Souls I damn near cried lol . It looks fucking beautiful .

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rdm View Post
    When I saw Demon Souls I damn near cried lol . It looks fucking beautiful .
    The before and after stills are fucking jarring and in the best way possible.

They seemed to clear up the Spiderman confusion. The game will be a stand alone game, not DLC or an expansion, Sony exec spoke wrong on the subject this morning. It will be it's own game on the level of Uncharted: Lost Legacy.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Started up the free PS Now trial over the weekend. Been playing the two PS3 inFamous games since they're a couple of my favorite games ever. They're both streaming and it hasn't been that bad, I don't have super fast internet but it's pretty good and my PS4 is 10 feet from my modem on wifi. It gets laggy once in awhile and sometimes my dude will go running off for no reason for a few seconds, but overall it hasn't screwed up the gameplay really. I imagine it would be rough for a game when you need to be more precise than just blowing shit up all the time.

If more games were available for download I think it would be a pretty great service, as it stands I'm gonna finish inFamous 2 and try to blow through Metro Exodus before the free trial is up on Saturday.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

this guy works for Sony and I can't help but wonder at the weirdness of this tweet considering there's a price announcement due any time.

I half expect it to be taken down because it can be misconstrued as an unofficial announcement - much like I'm doing right now - but maybe it's innocuous and he's just tweeting random things. I mean that's kind of his shtick.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    *Repeats* Please let this be good...

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kdrcraig View Post
    I was thinking about doing PS Now at some point for a month to play Metro Exodus, not worth it?
    You might as well try it for the trial period. My internet is fast enough to handle streaming games, or at least ones that don't require frame perfect timing or something. I wouldn't really try to play a fighting game online with it. It also lets you download PS4 games to your system so you don't have to worry about lag there.

I guess my problem is, I already own 99% of the PS4 games that I want to play that they have streaming, and I guess I played most of the stuff I want from their ps3 library already too. It's really a bunch of mainstream games and then a few niche titles (most of which are crap).

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I did the trial period and one month. Played inFamous 1 and 2 cause I haven't played those in years, tried out Metro Exodus, which sucked, then played God of War Ascension. I wanted to play The Wolf Among Us but ran out of time before Ghost of Tsushima came out. Definitely worth 10 bucks for a month to play a few extra games.

Metro was the only one that was available to download, the streaming wasn't bad but yeah, I wouldn't want to stream anything that required precise timing. Overall I liked the service for the ability to play some PS3 games, mine died years ago.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Did anyone think the idea to use a PSN name to organize the preorders a good idea ? I hope it works and if done right it looks to be one of the best ideas Sony could've done to control resale.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    This whole pre-ordering thing has put me well off getting next gen any time soon. By the looks of things the next gen will cost ALOT (the fact they are selecting who can pre-order based on how "big" a PS fan they are WITHOUT a price is so fucking weird to me!) and i just cannot justify, with things being how they are, getting a new console. Plus everyone forgets consoles at launch rarely are worth getting, the games rarely deliver until a year or 2 in, and there is normally hardware issues where they rushed out the console.

Also the current gen is far from over, i still have a backlog to shift through and this gen will have games made in alongside next gen for a good while (especially JRPG's which are always a year behind anyway!) At the earliest i'll be looking at a next gen come the end of 2021...depending how 2021 goes.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    They're doing this model because of the amount of units they will be able to manufacture and ship out. It also lessens the chance of half of them being eaten up by bot software. I can imagine exactly how that would go... Website crashes... Loads... Waiting in line for an hour just to find out you didn't get it. The whole "Biggest fan" thing is kind of weird I'll admit and what are they basing their decisions off of if they actually do it this way? Trophy score? I dunno man...

I usually buy a console a few months after they ship, but if I get the opportunity, I'm grabbing one at launch. I have a few more games that I need to get through for last gen, but no way I can wait that long to play Ratchet and Spider-Man; I'm too pumped to wait any longer.
    Last edited by Self.Destructive.Pattern; 08-31-2020 at 08:20 PM.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    It means I'll probably be able to get one. If their goal is to sell them to the people most likely to buy a lot of stuff for it... That seems smart.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I signed up. I wonder if the fact I only have a PS3 and a Vita is a pro or con at this point...lol

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    It means I'll probably be able to get one. If their goal is to sell them to the people most likely to buy a lot of stuff for it... That seems smart.
    Well providing if you get selected of course...i'd really love to know how they are picking these. Is it at based on how many games you've played? Hours played? How many generations of console you've had? How many digital purchases you've made? How witty your gamertag is?! And what IS THE PRICE?!

There are so many things happening here i'm just happy to sit back and watch it this time. Last console i got on launch was the Dreamcast so i doubt Sony would have selected me anyway lol

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    What the fuck is this shit? This is how shoes get to be thousands of dollars...

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    well, if the criteria is purchases or trophies or whatever, I'd be shocked if I don't get an email. @Jon I actually think it would result in the opposite. What causes stuff to inflate is scalpers and their bots. Even if a scalper did have a lot of purchases on his/her PSN account, their bots wouldn't get a shot.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I just signed up for this to see what the process even is and if I get selected. But I'm not going to pre-order something that doesn't even have a price/release date yet.
    Last edited by kdrcraig; 09-01-2020 at 09:57 AM.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I hate what Sony has become in the game industry.

Fuck this console. I’m not even interested or excited for next generation consoles, it’s not like it’s a significant jump in graphics or games for years anyways. I’ll buy a redesigned slim version when they got stuff worth a fuck.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

I glanced at this and was like "what kind of anime-ass game is Dave Grohl in?"

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    well, if the criteria is purchases or trophies or whatever, I'd be shocked if I don't get an email. @Jon I actually think it would result in the opposite. What causes stuff to inflate is scalpers and their bots. Even if a scalper did have a lot of purchases on his/her PSN account, their bots wouldn't get a shot.
    That's not the way shoes work. If it was, you wouldn't see the prices you do. For the most part, they go to the same buyers every time who then get to decide how they will distribute them. A lot of skate shops, etc., do charity raffles which skews the prices. Think of it sort of like a top guild in an MMORPG, or the art world.

Whale hunting is fine, but this seems egregious. This isn't Star Citizen.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    @Jon well, I guess we'll see. The idea reminds me a little of The Spiral fan thing... I paid 50 bucks for that (I think?), but the only thing that really made it worth it was that I got easy convenient access to great tickets without having to stress fighting scalpers. I understand that this is a different thing, but having to "have already bought in" is a disadvantage to last-minute scalping.

IF that's what Sony is really going for with this.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

so there's only a 100lb difference in the two machines?