Page 64 of 76 FirstFirst ... 14 54 62 63 64 65 66 74 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,920 of 2270

Thread: spaceSuicide's Horrortastic Horrific Horror Film Thread...Of Horror!

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Ugh, they really went the Halloween route with this. Some of the kills were cool, but this just goes in the gutter bin of craptastic re- whatever the hell you want to call these films nowadays.

Question though, what would make this franchise fresh again? Or is it to the point of no return?

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    Question though, what would make this franchise fresh again? Or is it to the point of no return?
    Nothing. Bring Dennis Hopper back from the dead and just make parody sequels?

I haven't seen the latest Texas Chainsaw Massacre movie, but I'm sure it can't be worse than Scream 5, right? RIGHT?!

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    I haven't seen the latest Texas Chainsaw Massacre movie, but I'm sure it can't be worse than Scream 5, right? RIGHT?!
    I'm glad you said that. I just got around to seeing Scream 5 and man I hated it. It seems to be getting a lot of praise and I just do not for the life of me understand why. And I'm a Scream fan who has fun watching even the worst sequels.

Scream 1>2>3>4>5. Their franchise is a descending staircase at this point.

I haven't seen the new Texas Chainsaw and I might just never get around to watching it. Seems like a rewatch of the original would be a better use of my time.

I think one of the big problems with these horror reboots is that they're all remaking or continuing a story that's from a better movie. They should remake bad horror movies instead but then of course those movies don't have the IP recognition to draw an audience. As long as studios are afraid of original ideas I think mainstream slashers are stuck in this loop. At least there's A24...

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    Ugh, they really went the Halloween route with this. Some of the kills were cool, but this just goes in the gutter bin of craptastic re- whatever the hell you want to call these films nowadays.

I’d say get Rob Zombie on it. He’s always on point with the gritty fucked up family stories. He would do it justice.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by burnmotherfucker! View Post
    At least there's A24...
    And A24 is upping their presence in the physical media market; Lamb is marked as the "first in a new line of A24 Blu-rays".

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    And A24 is upping their presence in the physical media market; Lamb is marked as the "first in a new line of A24 Blu-rays".
    Looks like they're coming for some of that criterion money.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Watched “Possum” today. What is it with comedians and horror movies? Lol

also that was a very odd film. It’s certainly going to sit with me for a bit. I’m going to have to read some interviews and essays on it.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    How did I only hear about this movie and this scene two days ago?

Heralded as one of the hardest to watch scenes in any horror film (“that” scene from Bone Tomahawk).

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Has anyone seen The Scary of 61st?

It is quite the...experience

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Due to the success of the latest installment, Scream '6' has been fast tracked and given a March 31, 2023 release date.

While this almost certainly will be pushed back, Courteney Cox has already confirmed she'll return, and the rest of the cast, directors, etc. are involved as well.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

looks like Saw mixed with Inscryption's meta game.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Word is that Neve Campbell, at a convention she’s at this weekend, told the crowd she won’t be appearing in the next ‘Scream’ movie due to dwindling screen time and a disagreement with how Sidney Prescott was being handled.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Yes fucking please.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Word is that Neve Campbell, at a convention she’s at this weekend, told the crowd she won’t be appearing in the next ‘Scream’ movie due to dwindling screen time and a disagreement with how Sidney Prescott was being handled.
    Confirmed unfortunately.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    No Sydney, then it's not Scream.

Hopefully, she knows this is the case and is going to use this story and the fan reaction for a re-negotiation. But who knows. I hated 5cream so maybe they should have stopped at 4 anyways.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    No Sydney, then it's not Scream.

Hopefully, she knows this is the case and is going to use this story and the fan reaction for a re-negotiation. But who knows. I hated 5cream so maybe they should have stopped at 4 anyways.
    I agree with all of this except the hating Scream 5 part. I thoroughly enjoyed it. It’s neck and neck with part 4 for me for second-best installment. Right now…

Scream
    Scream 5
    Scream 4

Scream 2

Scream 3

Also, I met Neve this past April in TX, and she was incredibly sweet. I’m seeing her again next month at a show in AZ.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by caca View Post
    I agree with all of this except the hating Scream 5 part. I thoroughly enjoyed it. It’s neck and neck with part 4 for me for second-best installment. Right now…

Scream
    Scream 5
    Scream 4

Scream 2

Scream 3

Also, I met Neve this past April in TX, and she was incredibly sweet. I’m seeing her again next month at a show in AZ.

Spoilers for the Scream franchise to follow:

Wow that's awesome you met Neve Campbell! I know folks who love 5 as well so I'm glad you liked it. My ranking is actually release order 1>2>3>4>5.

To me, Scream 3 has always been treated unfairly. It isn't perfect and it doesn't live up to 1&2. It isn't paced well in the last hour and the killer reveal is awful. BUT the first hour of the movie is great and has some of the best comedy in the franchise. AND the final end scene is the perfect way to conclude Sidney's story if you're going to end it.

Scream 4 I like the opening more than the rest of the movie. The cinematography is worse in this movie than any of the others as it looks like a bad CW show most of the time. But I do like a lot of it and where they had the main characters. But their ending sucks. In fact, if the reveal in Scream 3 was bad writing then this is copy/paste the exact same thing. This time it's her obsessed cousin. Gimme a break, that's lazy writing in any franchise. Nothing against Emma Roberts though, it isn't her, it's the writing.

Scream 5? Bad. Derivative. I didn't give a shit about the new characters and I hated what they did with all of the original characters. Scream used to name check popular horror movies while playing with expectations. Like the virgin surviving, and be right back, and inverting the structure of Halloween while Randy is watching Halloween in the movie. Scream 5 name checks horror movies just to name check them. Then, they go out of their way to criticize the new Requel formula. Fair enough, but if you're going to go that route you also need to make sure your own movie rises above that same formula. That's what Wes Craven (and Kevin Williamson) was doing with the first one. Scream 5 just left a bad taste in my mouth and if this is actually the end for Neve as Sidney then I'd be sad because they completely wasted her character.

To me, back in Scream 2 when they killed off Randy, it was going to be downhill from there. He was the audience. His character being in play opened up for better writing. Since then, 4 & 5 (he is in 3 via VHS) just make these Randy copies and he was such an essential character in the original trilogy it always feels off. I liked Kirby ok but its just not the same.
    Last edited by burnmotherfucker!; 06-07-2022 at 01:01 AM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Spoilers for the Scream franchise to follow:

Wow that's awesome you met Neve Campbell! I know folks who love 5 as well so I'm glad you liked it. My ranking is actually release order 1>2>3>4>5.

To me, Scream 3 has always been treated unfairly. It isn't perfect and it doesn't live up to 1&2. It isn't paced well in the last hour and the killer reveal is awful. BUT the first hour of the movie is great and has some of the best comedy in the franchise. AND the final end scene is the perfect way to conclude Sidney's story if you're going to end it.

Scream 4 I like the opening more than the rest of the movie. The cinematography is worse in this movie than any of the others as it looks like a bad CW show most of the time. But I do like a lot of it and where they had the main characters. But their ending sucks. In fact, if the reveal in Scream 3 was bad writing then this is copy/paste the exact same thing. This time it's her obsessed cousin. Gimme a break, that's lazy writing in any franchise. Nothing against Emma Roberts though, it isn't her, it's the writing.

Scream 5? Bad. Derivative. I didn't give a shit about the new characters and I hated what they did with all of the original characters. Scream used to name check popular horror movies while playing with expectations. Like the virgin surviving, and be right back, and inverting the structure of Halloween while Randy is watching Halloween in the movie. Scream 5 name checks horror movies just to name check them. Then, they go out of their way to criticize the new Requel formula. Fair enough, but if you're going to go that route you also need to make sure your own movie rises above that same formula. That's what Wes Craven (and Kevin Williamson) was doing with the first one. Scream 5 just left a bad taste in my mouth and if this is actually the end for Neve as Sidney then I'd be sad because they completely wasted her character.

To me, back in Scream 2 when they killed off Randy, it was going to be downhill from there. He was the audience. His character being in play opened up for better writing. Since then, 4 & 5 (he is in 3 via VHS) just make these Randy copies and he was such an essential character in the original trilogy it always feels off. I liked Kirby ok but its just not the same.
    My biggest problem with Scream 3 is the ungodly amount of disbelief it requires you to suspend.

Ghostface is everywhere and can literally sound like ANYONE now with his magic voice machine.

And that fax machine scene… yikes.

Oh, and the most ridiculous part is that...Spoiler: Roman was SO motivated in his plot for revenge on Sidney that he went to film school, became a Hollywood director, and FUCKING LANDED the job directing an installment of the film series based on his estranged family. Talk about "the long con."
    Last edited by caca; 06-07-2022 at 02:13 PM.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Scream 3 is honestly my favorite of the sequels. It's so ridiculous and silly, but that's why I love it. At that point, it felt like they had taken things as far as they could, so they just went nuts and did something completely over-the-top. It's hard to call it a good film, but it's the most fun outside of the original at least.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    Scream 3 is honestly my favorite of the sequels. It's so ridiculous and silly, but that's why I love it. At that point, it felt like they had taken things as far as they could, so they just went nuts and did something completely over-the-top. It's hard to call it a good film, but it's the most fun outside of the original at least.
    To me the best one is "Scream 2", but i like "3" a lot, it's very underrated...

Hated part 4 and still haven't seen part 5...

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    I rank them in the order they were released, with 4 being one of the most predictable horror films I have ever seen and 5 having no reason to exist.

Scream 3 is far from perfect, yes... But I believe the point was to really not take that one too seriously; I had more fun when I went into it the second time with that intention. The franchise always dabbled with the slapstick elements, so I like it in its own right.

I wouldn't mind if this franchise took a backseat, for...awhile.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Positive update: Neve Campbell has reportedly reached a deal to appear in Scream 6, with a clause that she has a 'much bigger' role in the also now greenlit 7th movie.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Halloween Ends trailer drops next Wednesday July 20.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Halloween Ends trailer drops next Wednesday July 20.
    Can we get this after it?

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    Can we get this after it?

Now THIS is what the people need.

If only this would have been made around 2000-2001 instead of The X-files seasons 8-9 and Halloween: Resurrection it could have saved both franchises.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Cure (1997) is coming to The Criterion Collection in October. Predating Audition and Ringu, many consider this film to be the start of modern-day Japanese horror:

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Let’s fucking go!!

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Spoiler: Laurie is totally going to die at the beginning of the film.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    Spoiler: Laurie is totally going to die at the beginning of the film.
    Idk I think Busta Rhymes might step in and save the day this time.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)