Page 36 of 39 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 1164

Thread: The Playstation Thread

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    Returnal is a LOT more repetitive than hades and with much less pay off. It's a significantly worse game.
    I was really liking Returnal at first, but the repetition really soured it for me.
    With Hades, at first I really didn't like it, but then it started to appeal to me. But after getting to the fight with Hades, and then having to go back, and realizing that the scripted dialogue basically expected you to lose the fight... I got kinda pissed.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    The writing alone in Hades puts it up there for me. I had to take breaks from Returnal from getting burned out from long runs and then dying.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    The writing alone in Hades puts it up there for me. I had to take breaks from Returnal from getting burned out from long runs and then dying.
    Exactly why I took an indefinite hiatus from Returnal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    I guess I'm just not feeling the writing in Hades. It's not doing it for me. I'm not saying it's bad, it's just not my thing, and I felt the same way about the narrator in Bastion. At this point the dialogue in Hades just feels like another aspect wasting my time, and I've been skipping it.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    I guess I'm just not feeling the writing in Hades. It's not doing it for me. I'm not saying it's bad, it's just not my thing, and I felt the same way about the narrator in Bastion. At this point the dialogue in Hades just feels like another aspect wasting my time, and I've been skipping it.
    Damn lol.. Bastion's narrator is one of my favorites. What kind do you usually prefer?

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    I guess in that case I more just found his drawl annoying… and then I reached a point where it felt like the narrator and odd storytelling narrative was driving the hype more than the gameplay. At least in Hades I initially liked the combat, but just felt like it got way too repetitive.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Mileage for hades is totally based on how invested and/or impressed you are with it's narrative and it's narrative structures

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Playing Deathloop and Returnal since I got a PS5. The latter is fun and challenging and I thought people were just whining online about the difficulty since I defeated Phrike after 3 attempts and 2 hours of gameplay from playing it the first time....then I got to the Crimson Wastes. Man that area is so difficult. I'm gonna be there for weeks or months at this rate.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Playing Deathloop and Returnal since I got a PS5. The latter is fun and challenging and I thought people were just whining online about the difficulty since I defeated Phrike after 3 attempts and 2 hours of gameplay from playing it the first time....then I got to the Crimson Wastes. Man that area is so difficult. I'm gonna be there for weeks or months at this rate.
    It feels very overwhelming once you reach the wastes, but once you git gud enough to power up in the first biome, the second is not that bad once you get the hang of the layout. I always have a hard time not trying to kill every little thing on screen, and sometimes that leads to my inevitable downfall. I did however beat the crimson boss faster than I did Phrike.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    Mileage for hades is totally based on how invested and/or impressed you are with it's narrative and it's narrative structures

and I think it’s not for me… the catty dialogue started off as cute, then got dull, then obnoxious for me. At this point I don’t think I’ve ever been less invested in a “story” than I am with this one. I can see what some people like here, but I think this company’s games just arent my thing.

so, I’m going back to Tales of Arise and FF14

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Downloaded the PS5 upgrade for Death Stranding on Friday and holy cow it’s even more beautiful. I’m excited to play it all over again.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    I'll find time to one day play Death Stranding...one day!

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Bluepoint games is officially part of PS Studios!

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    What i want to know is why did it take them so long to confirm this? Most people online have known about this for months!

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey_Draws View Post
    What i want to know is why did it take them so long to confirm this? Most people online have known about this for months!
    I assume it's because whatever this mystery project they've been hinting at (that's original, and not just a remake of a classic title) has impressed Sony brass upon unveiling it to them, and that this announcement lines up as a sort of hype stage. I would expect a "big announcement" from them in the next few weeks

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Well we delayed the closure of the store on PS3 and Vita but now they're just going to cut off payment methods because of course they are.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Just got the email yesterday morning... Way to make it even the slightest bit more inconvenient for us... Ffs.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Just randomly searched for the official PS dualsense charging station, and found 2 left in stock at a local target! So surprised they even had any.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I kinda can't believe it, but I was finally lucky enough to get a PS5 through Sony Direct yesterday. I'm hoping it arrives tomorrow or Saturday – I got free 1-2 business day shipping with the purchase of an accessory (an extra controller). I've been adding the free monthly PS Plus games for PS5 to my library even though I didn't have a PS5 yet (you can do this with the mobile app since the PS4 doesn't seem to allow you to add PS5-only games) and I have bought several games that come with both the PS4 and PS5 versions, so I'll have several games to play right off the bat (Far Cry 6, Spider-Man: Miles Morales, Death Stranding Director's Cut, to name a few), which is nice. Pretty pumped for it to get here...
    Last edited by sonic_discord; 10-21-2021 at 05:48 PM. Reason: typo!

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    I kinda can't believe it, but I was finally lucky enough to get a PS5 through Sony Direct yesterday. I'm hoping it arrives tomorrow or Saturday – I got free 1-2 business day shipping with the purchase of an accessory (an extra controller). I've been adding the free monthly PS Plus games for PS5 to my library enough though I didn't have a PS5 yet (you can do this with the mobile app since the PS4 doesn't seem to allow you to add PS5-only games) and I have bought several games that come with both the PS4 and PS5 versions, so I'll have several games to play right off the bat (Far Cry 6, Spider-Man: Miles Morales, Death Stranding Director's Cut, to name a few), which is nice.
    Death Stranding Directors Cut, Spider Man Miles Morales, and most recently for me, Death Loop are ALL exceptional. So so good.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsChrisRoss View Post
    Death Stranding Directors Cut, Spider Man Miles Morales, and most recently for me, Death Loop are ALL exceptional. So so good.
    I'd heard good things about Death Loop. Is there another game you can compare it to? Perhaps I should go watch some game-play footage on YouTube. Other games I'll probably end up getting are Returnal, Elden Ring, and Guardians of the Galaxy. Maybe Dying Light 2 as well, since I have a few friends who will probably buy that one.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

The Playstation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    I'd heard good things about Death Loop. Is there another game you can compare it to? Perhaps I should go watch some game-play footage on YouTube. Other games I'll probably end up getting are Returnal, Elden Ring, and Guardians of the Galaxy. Maybe Dying Light 2 as well, since I have a few friends who will probably buy that one.
    Deathloop is like Returnal….in the sense that you repeat certain levels. I have both Deathloop and Returnal - but Deathloop is fun. The atmosphere and design of the game, along with the gunplay and story are awesome. YouTube TheRadBrad - his walkthrus will give you an awesome idea of what they’re about.

For example - I just spent about 1.5 hours in a level in Deathloop - I accomplished the mission, killed my target, finished all objectives - but then got killed on the way out of the level - I lose everything I acquired and need to do it over - but this time with learned intel on how to take down the target and where to find goodies.

Last edited by ItsChrisRoss; 10-21-2021 at 07:30 PM.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    PS5 Bundle drop is live on GameStop NOW.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    Pause mid run? I don’t want to pause mid run. I wanted a save point. For all of the aspects of Returnal that I loved, I haven’t gotten past the second level and haven’t put it in my PS5 in months because it seemed like it was a slog. I was constantly frustrated and it became not fun.

At least with a game like DeathLoop (which I love) replaying the same levels over and over yields you more intel, more goodies, and advances you. And when you replay the levels, you discover sections of each level you’ve never been to, and they’re at different times of the day.

Sorry, I wanted to LOVE Returnal but I was more frustrated with the game than I was enjoying it.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsChrisRoss View Post
    Pause mid run? I don’t want to pause mid run. I wanted a save point. For all of the aspects of Returnal that I loved, I haven’t gotten past the second level and haven’t put it in my PS5 in months because it seemed like it was a slog. I was constantly frustrated and it became not fun.

At least with a game like DeathLoop (which I love) replaying the same levels over and over yields you more intel, more goodies, and advances you. And when you replay the levels, you discover sections of each level you’ve never been to, and they’re at different times of the day.

Sorry, I wanted to LOVE Returnal but I was more frustrated with the game than I was enjoying it.

You can still come back to your progress, turn your console off, and start from where you left off. It's a single-use, but you can just create another one after you keep playing. Seems pretty fair for something that was never going to be implemented in the first place, which wasn't really a deal breaker for me.

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/...-a-photo-mode/

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    I was instantly in love with Returnal at first, and then just completely lost interest.

I've been meaning to pick it back up, but I have so many other games on my backlog.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I thought the trailer for Returnal looked awesome and figured I'd likely buy it eventually, but after reading some of these comments, I feel like maybe renting it from RedBox for a weekend to try it out first is a better idea.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    I got to Biome 5 and then took a longgggg break from it. The payoff after beating a boss feels so good, and it just handles like butter for me. I'll be coming back once I'm done with Guardians of the Galaxy and Prey.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    I finally have a PS5! Ready for Elden Ring!