Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: If LimpBizkits Significant Other hadnt been released howd the 00s have been different

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by katara View Post
    Just like everything else in the Nu Metal genre, they were fairly short-lived.
    Linkin Park may have something to say about that. I think it's sort of a stretch to say that they paved the way for all these bands, especially Linkin Park and even Deftones. Deftones formed in like 1989 and already had two albums out before Limp Bizkit was even a thing so I'm not seeing the paved road there.

Linkin Park released their first EP in 1999 with those tracks having a MUCH different feel that we got with the Hybrid Theory LP. I'm sure they have influenced some other shitty bands out there, but I disagree that Limp Bizkit was some huge influential mantra to these bands that are still relevant. Linkin Park did that style for years and was probably the best at it.

Fred Durst sucks... With other bands that were out that did everything better than Limp Bizkit did: Deftones, Linkin Park, Korn, Mudvayne, even fucking Taproot all have better discographies.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    It is almost the 20th anniversary of Chocolate Starfish And The Hot Dog Flavoured Water

What a time to be alive

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
    It is almost the 20th anniversary of Chocolate Starfish And The Hot Dog Flavoured Water

What a time to be alive
    Man, that makes me feel old. I do kind of like this song.

Another song I haven't listened to once since probably the fall of 2000.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GulDukat View Post
    Wow, I honestly haven't heard either of those songs this century. Lyrics of the second song are especially appalling--nice job of being both misogynistic and self-pitying.
    is that not the incel culture?

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    is that not the incel culture?
    Except Fred Durst is able to get laid.

Here's another great song:

Lyrically, this song is quite brilliant. "It's my way, my way or the highway." That's pretty deep, so profound. Really makes you think.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Man, that makes me feel old. I do kind of like this song.

Another song I haven't listened to once since probably the fall of 2000.
    The music on this track... the bass is soooo good. The real question is what would LB sound like with a different vocalist?
    Last edited by Self.Destructive.Pattern; 05-13-2020 at 04:43 PM.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    The music on this track... the bass is soooo good.
    you edited your post right before i hit reply with quote, but i'm gonna pretend the question is still there.

what would LB sound like with a different lyricist/vocalist? pretty fucking good. wes is one of my favorite guitar players ever and the rest of the band is pretty solid. imagine if they had someone like Chino from Deftones, who writes beautiful, poetical lyrics and can croon, scream, and simultaneously make you turned on and terrified with that distorted whisper thing he does. now i want wes to work with chino on something.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Fred Durst is the worst frontman in the history of rock, IMHO, but he is charismatic and you couldn't ignore him, like an itchy butthole. I don't see LB having taken off without him.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    if all that happened. then the 2000's would have been better.

that shit killed rock and roll.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    you edited your post right before i hit reply with quote, but i'm gonna pretend the question is still there.

what would LB sound like with a different lyricist/vocalist? pretty fucking good. wes is one of my favorite guitar players ever and the rest of the band is pretty solid. imagine if they had someone like Chino from Deftones, who writes beautiful, poetical lyrics and can croon, scream, and simultaneously make you turned on and terrified with that distorted whisper thing he does. now i want wes to work with chino on something.
    I dunno what happened, I meant to send that in my comment as well lol. I have pondered this question so many times when I visit the handful of LB tracks I can actually stomach... But hearing Chino and Wes on an album would be pretty stellar.

Off topic, I really wish more bands would do this and collaborate a lot more like 36 Crazyfists would always do with guest appearances; Elysium is such a massive track.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Fred Durst is the worst frontman in the history of rock, IMHO, but he is charismatic and you couldn't ignore him, like an itchy butthole. I don't see LB having taken off without him.
    He may not be a great person but I disagree that he's a bad frontman. As you said, the guy is charisma personified. Just look at the Woodstock '99 footage. He gets thousands of people to do that "jump the fuck up" schtick that predates Slipknot's first Spit It Out crowd jump by a whole year.

Also, the band was definitely influential.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Woodstock 99....the infamous crowd filled with rapists and jock bros roided out of their skulls sexually assaulting women and setting fire to the entire festival? So bald idiot Fred commanded his legion of morons to jump and thats a big deal? He should have commanded them to jump off a bridge

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    Woodstock 99....the infamous crowd filled with rapists and jock bros roided out of their skulls sexually assaulting women and setting fire to the entire festival? So bald idiot Fred commanded his legion of morons to jump and thats a big deal? He should have commanded them to jump off a bridge
    I just ordered the Woodstock 1999 from Amazon. I thought a Woodstock '69/'94/'99 discussion might be a good idea for a thread.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    You completely missed the entire point of my post, which was that Durst is/was a great frontman for the band. Not necessarily a good person, but charismatic all the same. And influential to those who followed and are still around with us to this day.

What the concert-goers did at that particular festival was appalling, yet it's entirely irrelevant to this conversation.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    The corporations and promoters are the true villains of that story, charging prices for water on a hot, dry weekend that would make that prick from Nestle smile. Yeah, some real cavemen were in attendance (and on stage) but the atmosphere for that would drive anyone nuts.
    Last edited by onthewall2983; 05-14-2020 at 10:12 AM.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    the real question is, if it weren't for Insane Clown Posse, would we ever have had Limp Bizkit?

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    the real question is, if it weren't for Insane Clown Posse, would we ever have had Limp Bizkit?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    We wouldn't have Nookie, and there would be a lot of people with cookies who didn't know what to do with them.

People take LB way too seriously. Trying to explain LB is like trying to explain David Lynch movies. They're weird and people just like them. There's no deep meaning to it and there's no point trying to find a narrative. Just roll with it.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)

This song is unironically good tho.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post

This song is unironically good tho.
    Definitely them at near the top of their game.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Necrodoommonkey View Post
    We wouldn't have Nookie, and there would be a lot of people with cookies who didn't know what to do with them.

People take LB way too seriously. Trying to explain LB is like trying to explain David Lynch movies. They're weird and people just like them. There's no deep meaning to it and there's no point trying to find a narrative. Just roll with it.
    They were the Quiet Riot of the late 90's, imho.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    I honestly don't know where I'd be right now if Limp Bizkit hadn't told me to stick cookies up my ass.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    I honestly don't know where I'd be right now if Limp Bizkit hadn't told me to stick cookies up my ass.
    no, you're supposed to stick it up your "YEAH!"

have you been doing it wrong all this time?

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    no, you're supposed to stick it up your "YEAH!"

have you been doing it wrong all this time?
    Fuck.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    They were more like the Warrant and Poison of the late 90s early 2000s.....But I did it. I did the unthinkable...I FOUND A GOOD LIMP BIZKIT SONG! Here it is in all its glory. The best and only good song to their entire discography

Its basically a Les Claypool solo song that he did for them....No Fred fuckhead on the song. I dont think any of them are on the song....It sounds like a Primus song Les did as a goof for them back when he was friends with Fred for all of a month back in 98/99

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    They were more like the Warrant and Poison of the late 90s early 2000s.....
    For all the talk of Nirvana killing off hair metal, the 90's ended on a worse note than how it started. Cherry Pie>Nookie.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    For all the talk of Nirvana killing off hair metal, the 90's ended on a worse note than how it started. Cherry Pie>Nookie.

which can also be traced back to Kurts demise.....If he was still alive, I highly doubt nu metal ever cracks the mainstream

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    which can also be traced back to Kurts demise.....If he was still alive, I highly doubt nu metal ever cracks the mainstream
    IDK. We still had PJ and LB happened.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    There was already a backlash towards grunge when Kurt died, so I don't think him being alive would have changed much. It was inevitable that people would move on to something else.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    There was already a backlash towards grunge when Kurt died, so I don't think him being alive would have changed much. It was inevitable that people would move on to something else.
    A backlash towards grunge in 1994? You mean the year when Soundgardens SuperUnknown debuted at number 1? Or the year Nirvana's Unplugged was the number 1 album? Or the year when PJs Vitalogy was number 1? Or the year STPs 'Purple' came in at number 1? Or the year Dinosaur Jr had their highest charting album? The year Alice In Chains 'Jar of Flies' came in at number 1? Grunge was alive and well in 1994.....The backlash didn't start until a year or 2 later