Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 2017.07.31 - New York, NY @ Webster Hall

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm surprised anyone managed to take a decent photo/video. This place was a STEAMBOX. I was 3rd back from the rail in the center and I left that place completely drenched. My fingers were even all pruney. The energy from the band was amazing along with the sound. SD,Reptile,Burning Bright, and The Wretched sounded absolutely INSANE. Such a mixed crowd and thats great to see. Sad to see that scalpers made a killing off these tickets but glad the fans that bought them through them got it in. I had to show my ID and open my ticketmaster app to prove to them I was the one who bought it. I hope they do more club tours next year and not just stadiums.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by quietime View Post
    Here's some of my footage from last nights show.

https://www.facebook.com/dylan.could...=2&theater
    Any full songs do you plan on sharing anywhere ?

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prettybrokenspiral View Post
    Gotta light?

This clip isn't really doing Alle's bassplaying much justice. Would have loved if the matriarch herself would have sauntered out for this, provided backup vox, and then left like it was another day at the office. The roof would have shook..
    Hey man, I did what I could with an Iphone and a Zoom external mic. Pretty good all things considered. Turn it way up, that helps.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Here's a few shots from the evening.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Those are great. Thank you!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScreamingSlave View Post
    Any full songs do you plan on sharing anywhere ?
    Sorry I don't have any full songs. Actually that's not completely true I do have The Lovers in full. But due to a sweaty finger or whatever reason the footage is out of focus but the audio is fine. I'll post that if you really want me to just ask. Anyway here's The Great Destroyer (Breakdown) / Burning Bright / The Loop Closes. Enjoy.

https://www.facebook.com/dylan.could...=2&theater

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Still coming down from the high from the other night and decided to reup with an account and stop lurking. I haven’t been very active since the YZ ARG, so all this business with the new EPs potentially picking that back up sucked me in.

I’ve been lucky enough to see Trent & Co. six times now and was at one of the Terminal 5 shows, but even this beats that in terms of intimacy. It’s unreal seeing them in a room that size and when Trent came out, I was like “That’s him.” I could actually see him without squinting or with the help of a giant screen.

I had been following the festival setlists pretty closely, including the stuff that was written down but not played, so I pretty much lost my shit when “Somewhat Damaged” started. I feel really lucky to have seen a special show and to get “Sanctified” (which I missed out on last tour) and the debut of “She’s Gone Away.” I would have been curious to see “I Can’t Give Everything Away,” but given the rest of the setlist and the sheer intensity of the show, it’s very difficult to gripe. Given the whole mood of the night, I think dropping “Hurt” made sense. I texted my brother, who didn’t manage a ticket, the setlist and he wrote back “fuck me.” Pretty accurate.

For all the negativity towards “The Lovers” I actually think it works well live and it’s a necessary comedown to survive, especially given how hot last night was. I think maybe it worked better after “She’s Gone Away” over “I Can’t Give Everything Away.”

I caught the Pro Tools rig on the way out and saw that it looked like the show had been taped, which makes sense if they’re intending to do a live video like with the Bakersfield show (I’m hoping the lighting situation doesn’t throw that off). There’s also snapshots for the soundboard that has “The Loop Closes” labeled as “Interlude,” maybe? (Couldn’t get a good enough shot to tell). So, maybe we’ll see other interludes in Chicago or elsewhere? I thought it was interesting it wasn’t labeled by name.

(Leaving everyone in the picture in case you see yourself.)

A friend of mine had never seen them live but has been a fan for a long time and managed to sang a ticket. Hell of a way to get brought up to speed.

I basically echo everyone else. It was hot. It was intense and one hell of a setlist. I absolutely thought someone was going through the floor during “1,000,000.”

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Flew in from Toronto for the Allesandro Cortini gig, and Panorama. Heard a rumour that something special was going to happen, so I decided to extend my stay for an additional night, y'know, just in case. After the show at Panorama, travelled straight to Webster Hall. Sat myself on the front step at 1:00 AM, and just waited...

Best decision ever.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I did tape Webster Hall but had an issue with batteries my recording made it almost to the end of reptile I am hoping some more tapers have the full set.

If anyone has remaining sources good video audio i can patch from to complete from reptile on that would work to here is a sample let me know what you think I am tinkering with mastering it this weekend.

https://clyp.it/fppmpkat

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by willgaspari View Post
    Flew in from Toronto for the Allesandro Cortini gig, and Panorama. Heard a rumour that something special was going to happen, so I decided to extend my stay for an additional night, y'know, just in case. After the show at Panorama, travelled straight to Webster Hall. Sat myself on the front step at 1:00 AM, and just waited...

Best decision ever.
    I think you spoke to me before the show around 4pm. Were you wearing a QOTSA shirt? You asked me when the people that had been lined up since 1am across the street could get in.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsJustDave View Post
    I think you spoke to me before the show around 4pm. Were you wearing a QOTSA shirt? You asked me when the people that had been lined up since 1am across the street could get in.
    That was me

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    That was me
    Were you also at the Niagara Falls QOTSA show? I bought the same shirt there. Small world

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsJustDave View Post
    Were you also at the Niagara Falls QOTSA show? I bought the same shirt there. Small world

Small world indeed! Rapids Theatre is only a 90 minute drive from Toronto. That was a no brainer. Killer show as well!

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)

Best decision ever.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    That's EXACTLY how it went down!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I think this was the 14th time I've seen NIN, and I am happy to say that the two shows (Panorama and Webster) showed different sides of the band. While Panorama was a exercise in precision, Webster was very visceral. The energy is something I will never forget. Best ever.