Thread: Mortal Kombat 11

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    I'm only diving into towers to finish off my trophy list here... and again, it's absurd. But these guys are known for that...

Anyone remember MK9, with the trophies requiring you to play for a ridiculous amount of time as EVERY character? Nobody got that trophy because it required you to play the game for practically thousands of hours. Ever since that moment, I've felt like the people who make these games have half baked ideas... and this entry is pretty much a confirmation of that.

I'm not going to say I want my money back... I got my money's worth I guess. But... it's the last of my money these people ever get.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    I'm only diving into towers to finish off my trophy list here... and again, it's absurd. But these guys are known for that...

Anyone remember MK9, with the trophies requiring you to play for a ridiculous amount of time as EVERY character? Nobody got that trophy because it required you to play the game for practically thousands of hours. Ever since that moment, I've felt like the people who make these games have half baked ideas... and this entry is pretty much a confirmation of that.

I'm not going to say I want my money back... I got my money's worth I guess. But... it's the last of my money these people ever get.
    I got that trophy, but those people were insane. Spilling 10,000 pints of blood, 100 fatalities and 100 X-Rays wasn't bad, but the fact that you had to spent 24 fucking hours with each character meant the only remotely possible way to do it was to go into tag practice mode with 2 people and let the console sit overnight. For like a week and a half. That was insane.

Now that it's been established the Krypt has set rewards but with chests just randomized per person, it's not all that terrible to me. I'll get everything even if it takes a few months. MK is one of the few game franchises left I think is still pretty consistently great despite the flaws here and there and I'm just glad it exists still and that we don't have to spend real money for anything in there.

Tip: There's an item you can get called Sindel's Ring which will reduce the costs of all chests for one minute - when you get one, save that until you get into Shang's throne room, where everything is 25,000 koins or something insane.

And people have just found an exploit which will let you bypass the fifty fatalities on each character needed to impale their heads in the Warrior Shrine:

"Apparently you can walk up to a locked impaled head chest, exit to Main Menu, go back into the Krypt and HOLD X or A depending on your system until the Krypt has loaded up, walk up to the chest and the chest will be free to open up!"

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
    "Apparently you can walk up to a locked impaled head chest, exit to Main Menu, go back into the Krypt and HOLD X or A depending on your system until the Krypt has loaded up, walk up to the chest and the chest will be free to open up!"
    Confirmed! Just did this last night and unlocked every single one. This is also required to open up Shang Tsung's throne room at the front of the krypt so I'd advise everyone does this until an update wipes it out. It's gonna save you a lot of grind time.