Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: pretty eight machine - chiptune tribute album by Inverse Phase

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    I finally blogged about this - http://jmtd.net/log/p8m/ - sorry for the delay!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    spotted in the new bandcamp blog post about their updated embeddable players!

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    This was pretty sweet. Wish they wouldn't have just taken a screenshot so people could click and listen....but I imagine anyone that reads it at all will google it anyhow. Also just plain awesome to get mentioned by jeb.

By the way, might as well mention for anyone wanting to watch the Special Edition come together (or if you happen to be into photography and image manipulation and want to help), I started a thread over here to get some work done on the booklet:
    http://www.echoingthesound.org/commu...re-IP-projects

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Ok, thread bump time....

Anyone that is interested, I need your help. The Special Edition audio is done. I'm a little flustered on how I should arrange the tracks and would like some suggestions. I want to get this out and done. The tracks featured as bonuses P8M SE, my current ordering of them, and their new punny titles are as follows:

- Now I'm Nothing / Terrible Lie: ______________ / InSIDious Lie
    - Something I Can Never Have: Something Else You Never Had
    - Purest Feeling: ______________
    - Maybe Just Once: Maybe Just Ones.... (and zeroes)
    - Get Down Make Love: ______________

I had originally joked that Get Down Make Love should be called "Get Done Make Love" but that's not really a nerd pun. If anyone has any ideas for the remaining tracks that'd be sweet, also I'm interested in what you think of this track order. Naturally the entirety of P8M regular edition precedes all of this.

Thanks in advance!

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Now I'm NULLing
    Vertice spilling (an actual programming term)
    Get Down Make Overtones

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Hmmm, not bad, not sure if those are what I'm looking for, feel free to keep 'em coming =]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by InversePhase View Post

Now I'm Nodelist
    Variable Lie or Parallel Lie or Peripheral Lie
    Shorthand I Can Never Have or Shellscripts I Can Never Have or Substring I Can Never Have
    Proxy Feeling or Process Feeling or Prolog Feeling
    Get Down Make Code

Maybe?

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Ok, thread bump time....

Anyone that is interested, I need your help. The Special Edition audio is done. I'm a little flustered on how I should arrange the tracks and would like some suggestions. I want to get this out and done. The tracks featured as bonuses P8M SE, my current ordering of them, and their new punny titles are as follows:

"Now I'm 0b0"?

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Now I'm Null
    (oops. Just saw wizfan's. there's two votes for you.)

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Thanks for all the feedback, and feel free to submit more if you think of them. Still looking for the perfect ones to use.

Also, what do you think of the order?

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Bit Down Make Love?

No, that's horrible. Don't use that one.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Are there plans to make any of the other albums in 8-bit chiptune form? I think Year Zero would work really well and maybe even The Downward Spiral. Would love to hear those in this style.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Get DOOM Make WOLF3D (with PC-speaker samples from DOS games)

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    Are there plans to make any of the other albums in 8-bit chiptune form? I think Year Zero would work really well and maybe even The Downward Spiral. Would love to hear those in this style.
    I'm probably doing Downward Spiral next, though I will be collaborating with some other chiptuners to produce a "rulebreaker chip" version of the Broken EP. No hate on YZ, though, I often listen to it on long trips.

Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    Bit Down Make Love?
    No, that's horrible. Don't use that one.
    I liked your post just to scare you into thinking I was going to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by BenAkenobi View Post
    Get DOOM Make WOLF3D (with PC-speaker samples from DOS games)
    Hahaha. Unfortunately, the track is already made (it's NES+Atari 2600)...but that gives me an idea...

What does everyone think of "Get Pong, Breakout"?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Sorry I am not nearly creative enough to think of tune titles, but my question is this: when and how can we get the Special Edition?

I bought the first release on CD. Won't mind buying it again to get these extra tracks.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    That's ok Cheesemaster, the three blanks have now been filled! Thanks to everyone that participated in the brainstorming...that was helpful!

I posted a Kickstarter update on that with a pic of my SE cases (so far): https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...a/posts/848228

To answer your question / reiterate from my earlier post, the SE will not be sold physically, it was only available to kickstarter backers; it was the one thing I kept exclusive. That said, you'll still be able to get the entire thing (in MP3 or FLAC) via download, and it will still contain all of the artwork, a PDF booklet, etc. And I'm still considering releasing the SE tracks on their own on some other physical medium, but it really depends on licensing.

Speaking of, one story that has begun but not ended is the even weirder story of "how do I license Now I'm Nothing, Purest Feeling, and Maybe Just Once" since they have never been released by any official/commercial means...once I figure it out, I'll be sharing, but until then I'm in a "contact maze".

I'll try to keep everyone posted in this thread as I make progress.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    To answer your question / reiterate from my earlier post, the SE will not be sold physically, it was only available to kickstarter backers; it was the one thing I kept exclusive. That said, you'll still be able to get the entire thing (in MP3 or FLAC) via download, and it will still contain all of the artwork, a PDF booklet, etc. And I'm still considering releasing the SE tracks on their own on some other physical medium, but it really depends on licensing.
    Thank-you, this is all I needed to hear.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    rear stickers on their way to me, booklet complete and sent off to a printer, SHIT GETTING DONE

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    If you already have P8M, you can preorder the Special Edition tracks now at bandcamp:
    http://inversephase.bandcamp.com/alb...hine-se-tracks

If you do NOT have P8M and want the SE, please follow me here:
    ldr.fm/a/3BRu2

If you want a physical copy, the only merch outlet I have is either direct (hit me at a show or something) or bandcamp.

iTunes, Spotify, Google Play, Pandora to follow.

There will be a 20-page digital booklet featuring art from ETS'er @katara with the Bandcamp, Loudr, and iTunes downloads.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    If you already have P8M, you can preorder the Special Edition tracks now at bandcamp:
    http://inversephase.bandcamp.com/alb...hine-se-tracks
    Actually got the email from Bandcamp before I saw this here. Got all excited to hear the new songs, didn't realize you were making us wait a week. You tricky devil. Still, pre-ordering now, and very excited!

I missed it if it was explained, what's the new version of Something I Can Never Have? Just a different take?

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by howdidislipinto View Post
    Actually got the email from Bandcamp before I saw this here. Got all excited to hear the new songs, didn't realize you were making us wait a week. You tricky devil. Still, pre-ordering now, and very excited!
    Argh! Sorry about that. Wait, so do you already have the regular edition then? Because the "complete" version's first 10 tracks are the same as the regular edition, you didn't make any mistake by preordering the SE in that case.

I missed it if it was explained, what's the new version of Something I Can Never Have? Just a different take?
    I'm not sure I've explained it. If you listen to Something You Didn't Ever Have, you'll notice there's not really any bass. It's a limitation of the sound chip I did it on. However, there's another sound chip that sounds similar to it that *does* have bass, and also its own set of limitations (for example, there's no separate channel for whitenoise). Anyway, to make a long story short, one of my backers requested that I port the code from the first chip to the second chip, and I'm a sucker for a challenge. It sounds mostly the same, but some people will undoubtedly prefer one over the other.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm not sure I've explained it. If you listen to Something You Didn't Ever Have, you'll notice there's not really any bass. It's a limitation of the sound chip I did it on. However, there's another sound chip that sounds similar to it that *does* have bass, and also its own set of limitations (for example, there's no separate channel for whitenoise). Anyway, to make a long story short, one of my backers requested that I port the code from the first chip to the second chip, and I'm a sucker for a challenge. It sounds mostly the same, but some people will undoubtedly prefer one over the other.
    Thus the difference is made between yourself (a dedicated musician) and someone such as say... anyone who is in a Top40 countdown whose music, lyrics, dance routine, outfit and everything else was designed and created for them by someone else...

Thanks for your dedication!

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Oblong Cheese View Post
    Thus the difference is made between yourself (a dedicated musician) and someone such as say... anyone who is in a Top40 countdown whose music, lyrics, dance routine, outfit and everything else was designed and created for them by someone else...

Thanks for your dedication!
    Yes. The difference, in short, is that I am a huge nerd and cannot dance or sing.

That and I should probably get a stage getup and stop doing shows in onesies.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Argh! Sorry about that. Wait, so do you already have the regular edition then? Because the "complete" version's first 10 tracks are the same as the regular edition, you didn't make any mistake by preordering the SE in that case.
    No worries, I got the right one with just the new SE tracks. ...I think.

Thanks for the explanation on SICNH! I'm really, really, REALLY looking forward to Maybe Just Once.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Yay, one of my title suggestions made it to the album (with an extra T, to boot)!

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    No worries, I got the right one with just the new SE tracks. ...I think. Thanks for the explanation on SICNH! I'm really, really, REALLY looking forward to Maybe Just Once.
    Hope I did it justice for you! Maybe Just Once is done on the POKEY, so it's Atari and sounds ever so slightly off. Still, I did some cool tricks in the track. =]

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quick update: I've been asked to wait on one last thing until I hit the finalize button on Loudr but you can now listen to the SE on bandcamp, and kickstarter backers can redeem their downloads!

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    Welp, I guess I should stop working on broken.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    No, please keep going