2 Post(s)
    Real or fake? ALBUM RELEASE SCHEDULE AND TRACKLISTING
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C5ap9KuW...jpg&name=large

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam411 View Post
    Real or fake? ALBUM RELEASE SCHEDULE AND TRACKLISTING
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C5ap9KuW...jpg&name=large
    some of those song titles are pretty stupid, so my bet is it's real.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesquipedalism View Post
    Holy. Freaking. God.

"Blasphomet"? As in Blasphemy and Baphomet? As opposed to the non-blasphemous Baphomet? Merlin Masob-Mansion's wordplay has come to making redundant portmanteaus now?

"Fired Hazard"? I think the best we could hope for from a title like this is that Mr. Masob-Mansion now considers the typo a valid form of wordplay.

WHY DO I KEEP GIVING THIS GUY MY MONEY AND WHY WILL NONE OF THIS, EVEN IF IT'S ALL TRUE, STOP ME?!
    I start to suspect that you are slowly transforming into Hazekiah...First the Manson-obssession, now the caps lock?

Next - hundreds of unlistenable bootleg clips filmed with your Nokia 3310.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    You guys don't get it, Manson loves concept albums, SAY10's obviously about atrociously bad wordplay. And drugs. Lotsa lots a them.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    100% Fake.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Damian View Post
    100% Fake.
    I hate to say this, but I don't think it's fake...

Remember this post?

Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    It links to a MM post on Instragram which says:
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin Mansob
    Get a job. That includes a boss, that reminds you that you are a gonna get FIRED as a HAZARD. Or steal matches. 02/14/17 is coming in hot.

The words "Fired" and "Hazard" are there, so that could be the first single.

Good God, I hope I'm wrong... Fired Hazard sounds stupid...

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRexall View Post
    I personally found some of those bootleg Nokia clips much more listenable than 9/10ths of the EMDM album..

seriously, though, i don't know what's funnier...the clusterfuck that has been the release of the physical component, or the failed release of new MM material.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    I hate to say this, but I don't think it's fake...
    It's fake. Trust me on that one.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    It's fake. Trust me on that one.
    Well, that's enough credentials for me !

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Dude. He already did that album. It was called Golden Age of Grotesque. Remember all the onomatopoeia? And words that turn out to be other words if you add or remove a letter? And the clearly soberly conceived Doppelherz video that accompanied the release?

Although it's possible he actually forgot he already did it. The bar I owned stocked Mansinthe. One night, I ended up drinking half a bottle while experimenting with it in a cocktail. I don't recall a lot about that evening. If I owned the brand, there's every chance I'd drink enough to forget making an entire album.
    Yeah I thought about TGAOG when I wrote that line. It worked a lot better when associated with dadaism. The only way you don't look like a washed out moron when selling a toilet as "art" is to label yourself a surrealist.

I'm a lot like you when it comes to Manson. The guy was an inspiration. Not that I ever thought his work was any better than anyone else's, but at least it was driven, genuine, and had a particular kind of self-aware cynicism, which became his doom eventually. If nothing makes sense and if everything is bullshit, there's not much left to say about it. Only a guy like Cioran is capable of bemoaning the human nature and the curse of thinking while openly aching over it, and being good at it.

I think Manson could have been absolutely great nonetheless. Had he left the booze and pills in the cupboard, he could have maintained that spark of brilliance, instead of having it flicker on and off like an old neon light. I love The Pale Emperor, but to me it has little to do with what made Manson great in my eyes. It's like finding something salvageable after a wreckage, it's not what it was anymore, but hell, it's good enough and better than nothing.

And the Hazekiah thing was just a joke, don't think too much of it. I think it has little to do with you, fundamentally.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khrz View Post
    Well, that's enough credentials for me !
    Ha, sorry I didn't know I needed to flash my club handshake for verification. This account is my old MMUSA name, I go by Cringeon at ProviderModule and I can confirm that is 100% fake. Just clearing the air.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Ha, sorry I didn't know I needed to flash my club handshake for verification. This account is my old MMUSA name, I go by Cringeon at ProviderModule and I can confirm that is 100% fake. Just clearing the air.
    But how does that confirm to us that you have any more info about the album than anyone else?

Off topic but I haven't been able to use Provider Module in a while unless I clear my cookies every single time I visit it. Is it just me?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    But how does that confirm to us that you have any more info about the album than anyone else?
    Because I'm telling you I do? o.O? Not sure what "proof" you are wanting. Go browse some of Manson's tag on his IG.
    EDIT: Not sure what the problem you are having with the site. Haven't noticed anything on my various computers or mobile. Is it just the forum or the whole site? Shoot me your username there in a message and I'll dig into it.
    Last edited by Damian; 03-01-2017 at 12:54 PM.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)

WHY DO I KEEP GIVING THIS GUY MY MONEY AND WHY WILL NONE OF THIS, EVEN IF IT'S ALL TRUE, STOP ME?!
    It's funny, I'm starting to wonder what made me jump back on the Merlin Mansob train as well. I learned to stop buying his CDs and merch a long time ago, but I keep getting sucked back in some how. Back when GOAG came out, I jumped ship. That was the final MM straw for me. Call it getting older (I had just turned 20 recently before that record was released), call it discovering other music, call it just a shitty album (sorry guys... gonna get flamed for that one), but I lost interest in that guy around then. Actually, it started a bit before that record even came out. I recall starting to sell some of my prized MM possessions on eBay even before that record was released. I sold my copy of Mechanical Animals that was signed by the whole band I went to a radio station singing for on the Holywood tour. (In hindsight I regret selling this really bad)...

I literally swore off this guy for the next few years. Then fast forward to Eat Me Drink me, and he somehow suckered me back in. I don't even know how, because that record was even worse than the last one! Then I saw him on that tour. Then it became a snowball effect again. Started following the guy, was hyped for THEOL record, and at the time, I thought it was a decent record that was kind of underrated (looking back now, I can see it's still one of his weaker records, but it's still an underrated record).

Once BV came out, I was full on addicted to this guy again... even despite his slowly declining live performances, there was something that was drawing me in like some sort of an addiction. His shows got so bad, that they became like a car accident, you are just so fascinated with all the wreckage that you can't help but to stop and stare. You know you shouldn't be looking at it, but you are anyway. You feel guilty. You know you should walk away, but you can't.

I continued to give this man money by going to see his live shows when they came around, each time wondering why I wasted my money. I swore I would never pay for another MM show again in my life. I am proud to say that since saying that, I have stuck to my guns and skipped the last show of his that came to town.

But yet, I am still sitting here impatiently waiting for a new song, record or something. There is something magical about a new Manson release. It's one of those few artists that I guess takes me back to the good old days (not like being an angry depressed teen was the good old days haha), but there really is something magical about a new Manson release. No matter how old I get, I will always be eagerly awaiting the new Manson release. I know all my friends have given up on this guy long, long ago. I don't know why I jumped back on the Manson train. I can't explain it. But here I am.
    Last edited by ManBurning; 03-01-2017 at 02:46 PM.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    call it just a shitty album (sorry guys... gonna get flamed for that one)
    no, you won't.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kel View Post
    some of those song titles are pretty stupid, so my bet is it's real.
    Bookmarking this for when there's an official announcement.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    Bookmarking this for when there's an official announcement.
    Ha, okay. We know where you live..

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    What an odd things to say..

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRexall View Post
    Maybe it's a race to see which one will get here first?

My money is still on Manson, fwiw..
    Why would one say that when people are now getting the physical thing-a-ma-jig in the mail? Unless some sarcasm flew over my head...

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    I only understand that reference just enough to know it's not nice.

As for "Manson-obsession," I'm just a dude who's been a fan since Portrait. From '96 'til The Fragile, I was arguably a bigger Manson fan than I was of Nine Inch Nails. As I was sixteen to eighteen through those years, Marilyn Manson exerted a colossal and still-probably-obvious influence on who I was and who I became as a human being--my fandom went way beyond just appreciating his tunes. As such, watching his career trajectory and what I see as a personal decline has been nothing short of fucking heartrending.

Let's go with this analogy. My relationship to Manson was like having a hyper-intelligent and eccentric big brother that I really admired. He undeniably helped turn me into the man I became. After going off to some ivy league school on a full-scholarship, he dropped out because he found everyone too pretentious--fine: valid reason; I still assumed he'd go on to do great things. But after a few flashes of excellence, he started a long, slow, personally embarrassing spiral into addiction and utter irrelevance. He did "things," sure, but very few of them would be things I'd call "great things." He forgot nuance and subtlety, and eventually insight and cleverness. After a while, he was just a very loud and boorish drunk who was just more well-spoken that the lout on the barstool next to him.

Will I ever not let him into my home? No. He'll always be welcome. Short of turning out to be a rapist or pederast, he'll always be welcome.

Will I ever not give him some money when he finally cobbles together an art project--regardless of how bad it is? No. I'll always buy his shit. Again, unless he turns out to be an actual monster, I'll always support his best attempts at art.

But in the meanwhile, as he's not actually my brother and will not benefit from declarations of my simultaneous love and disappointment, I will occasionally mock him viciously (and possibly with Caps Lock on) for the travesty he's become in the hope that it causes me, and others with similar feelings, to laugh.

I mean, seriously: Say10?
    Tldr; I was a big fan back in the day and recently only hold on for nostalgic reasons.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    i would LOVE if the author of this thread would change the title to "merlin mansob".
    Last edited by kel; 03-01-2017 at 09:46 PM.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Perhaps because, like me, there's still that teeny tiny part of yourself that is forever in denial about the total fucking trainwreck this man you once heavily respected and looked up to has become, and hope against all reason and common sense to one day open a lyric booklet to find something poignant and observant and kickass, that'll make you feel inspired, like it's 1996 all over again. That you'll press 'Play' or set your needle and hear something harsh and kickass and immediate and commanding, that makes you want to give the whole world the middle finger.

Or at least, that you'll see and hear a man who's finally, mercifully, come to terms with himself and matured as an artist. The Pale Emperor felt like a step or two in that direction.

Hope keeps us going.

But it'll never happen, will it. God, I'd love it to, but he's washed up and we're older and wiser, and he's washed up, and all the people barring Twiggy that helped to make him what he is are gone or dead or insane...and he's an alcoholic who's openly admitted to phoning it in and, yes...he's washed up.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    man.... Holy Wood and Mechanical Animals aged really well... I miss those days....

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    I still like him/them, enjoy the shows and new music. I also give Manson very little mental energy. Just another band I follow.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Joke's on you. I move in less than a week and won't have a fixed address for months.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    lol, just posting here to say that @Damian /Cringeon is 100% legit. He certainly has heard the new album already and if he says that tracklist is fake, then it's definitely (and thankfully) fake.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    lol, just posting here to say that @Damian /Cringeon is 100% legit. He certainly has heard the new album already and if he says that tracklist is fake, then it's definitely (and thankfully) fake.
    i am not now nor have i ever been on provider module, but i googled his user name and he's the owner? okay, works for me. damn. i was really excited to hear "piss angels".
    Last edited by kel; 03-03-2017 at 06:39 PM.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    I really hope Manson changes the name of the album. Fuck Say10 is a stupid title.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    i think that part of merlin's discography is set in stone, tony.

edit: i'm still a fan in the "will a song or two be decent?" way. he sucks. so bad. but, y'know, "deep six" was *kind of* fun. i had the same feelings about miley cyrus's latest. that was truly half awesome.
    Last edited by kel; 03-03-2017 at 08:59 PM.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Apparently according to a post Manson put on instagram, June 19 is A release date.