Page 50 of 57 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50 51 52 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,500 of 1687

Thread: Sexual Abuse/Assault in the News

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DVYDRNS View Post
    Kanye is a creep. Manson is a creep. Dont be surprised when Creeps creep.
    Reminds me of that music video where Marilyn Manson and Johnny Depp sit on thrones while naked women writhe around on the floor around them. That shit diiiidn't exactly age well.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    So, I visited the Crystal Castles and, unfortunately, like the MM subreddit, it is still rampant with Ethan Kath apologists. They paint him as a "brilliant and tortured artist" and Alice Glass as a "liar who only released her statement just because her EP failed and she wanted to attack Ethan to become relevant again". Kath, Bassnectar and Jimmy Euringer STILL have their fair share of supporters, although the evidence against them keeps piling up.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wizfan View Post
    Greek "actor" Petros Filippidis is in prison! After being a chicken-shit for months by stupidly going full-on "Streisand effect" on himself (by trying to silence any accusations of his crimes before the public even knew what he did, which obviously backfired), then denying the horrible sexual assault allegations against him by three women, running away from court and even his family and hometown, he finally confessed. This is a huge day for #MeTooGR!

https://www.naftemporiki.gr/story/1754449 (Article is in English for your convenience!)
    It keeps getting more and more hilarious. Today, Filippidis asked to be placed under house arrest by saying tons of bullshit excuses to the judges. Of course, his plea was denied and he's staying in prison! Fuck that fucker.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    A new Saga:
    https://www.avclub.com/queen-of-the-...-fi-1847651750

Josh Homme V. his children (VIA Brody Dale)

EDIT: https://consequence.net/2021/09/josh...hjC9vauJg30%3D TWO judges have denied the restraining order.
    Last edited by Zimbo; 09-10-2021 at 12:39 PM.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zimbo View Post
    A new Saga:
    https://www.avclub.com/queen-of-the-...-fi-1847651750

Josh Homme V. his children (VIA Brody Dale)

EDIT: https://consequence.net/2021/09/josh...hjC9vauJg30%3D TWO judges have denied the restraining order.
    Jesus Christ all these claims are fucking horrible and I’ve absolutely no idea what to make of them

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Not all that surprising to me, honestly. I knew Josh Homme was more than likely a piece of shit once that dude from EODM went off the deep end after that Bataclan attack. I remember him going around spitting tons of racist and pro gun propaganda after that, and I distinctly remember Josh excusing and defending that shit.

Fuck both of those judges though. Like straight up, fuck those dudes. They probably beat the shit out of their own kids too.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    The whole drinking while driving thing, how hard can it be for rich people to get a fucking Uber or a taxi or even hire a chauffeur- it’s what too much money is FOR

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    It seems like, so far, Josh Homme is more in the right given two judges have dismissed the restraining order.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    It seems like, so far, Josh Homme is more in the right given two judges have dismissed the restraining order.
    The law also repeatedly sided with OJ Simpson up to and I cluding the murder trial.

This dude also has an established pattern.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    This is also the same dude who kicked a concert photographer in the face and has called people F*ggots while on stage. Dude has always been an asshole

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    The law also repeatedly sided with OJ Simpson up to and I cluding the murder trial.

This dude also has an established pattern.
    For sure. More in the right in the sense that the followup article seems to indicate this was attempted before and it was dismissed. But yeah, not great. Hopefully he'll sober up.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    I don’t know if Homme is guilty, and I’m not a big fan of his work so I’m not defending this from that angle… but I feel he should at least be given a pass for comments he made around the time the Paris terrorist attack at the Eagles of Death Metal show. Stuff like that makes people say heated things that might not have been well considered. If he’s adopted that line of thinking to this day that’s different

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    I don’t know if Homme is guilty, and I’m not a big fan of his work so I’m not defending this from that angle… but I feel he should at least be given a pass for comments he made around the time the Paris terrorist attack at the Eagles of Death Metal show. Stuff like that makes people say heated things that might not have been well considered. If he’s adopted that line of thinking to this day that’s different
    Good point. EODM, meanwhile...guilty pleasure at this point. I follow QOTSA too closely to be unbiased.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    i only know that one song, with the video about the deer.

The stories seem to illustrate a bad relationship.

With these things, i always wonder: what would be said about ME if i was constantly in the media?
    It'd be alleged wife beater (explainable, but media would sensationalize,) fentanyl/heroin/coke addict who nearly died from overdoses, hospitalized for suicide attempts, multiple mental hospital holds, dwi and 8 or 9 PIs, purveyor of terroristic threats, guilty of multiple assaults (aka got in fights,) chronic shoplifter, vandal, gang member (graffiti crew,) GD affiliate, suspected member of drug ring, member of fringe religion (gnostic.) And THAT'S just (some of) the shit that's actually on my record.
    God forbid people started accusing me of "emotional abuse" and such.
    Obviously all this shit was a long time ago, but, yeah. I SURE don't wouldn't wanna be famous.
    I couldn't IMAGINE people combing through the shit i did, much less some of the shit i've SAID.

I say all that to say: i think it's kind of silly that we collectively flip out over a sentence someone uttered or a thing they posted online.
    Last edited by elevenism; 09-10-2021 at 08:31 PM.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Pretty much. We have all said some dumb shit, and anyone who denies it is saying some dumb dishonest shit. A pattern of behavior is a very different thing than saying something ignorant. Smart and introspective people learn from their ignorance and mistakes. But really I think we as a society have gotten too quick to crucify people for saying something dumb, and the irony is that it’s because we feel that condemnation anonymously absolves the individual in some pathetic way. I’m not religious at all, but the metaphor about “throwing the first stone” is apt.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Rolling Stone published these court documents in which Homme accuses Dale of some truly wild behavior, maybe a good idea to not jump to conclusions just yet on this one:

https://www.scribd.com/document/5245...een&from_embed

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dryalex12 View Post
    This is also the same dude who kicked a concert photographer in the face and has called people F*ggots while on stage. Dude has always been an asshole
    Asshole-ish behaviour (yes, sometimes even violent) around other adults is not the same as child abuse. This isn't in the same "pattern" as what Brody is alleging, not even the same ballpark.

Quote Originally Posted by Zimbo
    Hopefully he'll sober up.
    According to Josh's deposition above he HAS been staying sober, for almost two years now. Would be great for everyone if Brody could do the same.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Asshole-ish behaviour (yes, sometimes even violent) around other adults is not the same as child abuse. This isn't in the same "pattern" as what Brody is alleging, not even the same ballpark.

No, you aren't wrong but I never held Josh in a very positive light, to begin with. As a victim of that same kind of abuse, psychical even, it's hard to really have nothing but that same kind knee jerk reaction out of me.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Josh is clearly no angel, but I don't find any reason to disbelieve what is in that court doc. It's a particularly sad situation for the kids, with this all happening on top of the pandemic.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Holy shit, that is a WILD amount of PII in those court documents that are just out there.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Brody's divorce from Tim Armstrong was chaos too. And her giving the kids covid - I don't blame him for being mad at her for that. She must be anti-vax. Niether one of them are perfect - but I think she likes to go to the extreme.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ickyvicky View Post
    Brody's divorce from Tim Armstrong was chaos too. And her giving the kids covid - I don't blame him for being mad at her for that. She must be anti-vax. Niether one of them are perfect - but I think she likes to go to the extreme.
    She said in a (now deleted) Instagram post that she suffers from an auto-immune disease that prevents her from getting vaccinated.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    well, seeing how many employees here have put "medical exemption" on the attestation for the vaccine forgive me if I am skeptical.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    She said in a (now deleted) Instagram post that she suffers from an auto-immune disease that prevents her from getting vaccinated.
    Ah, ok. I didn't see that. Thanks!

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...onditions.html

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    I read the request for a TRO filed by Homme’s attorneys, which of course includes the Affidavit of the private investigator who attempted to serve Brody Dalle-Homme.

There is always a risk of a custodial parent fleeing with children when they don’t adhere to the terms of a court-ordered custody agreement, especially when it violates things like school attendance or even the attorney refusing to return the opposing attorney’s calls.

Here’s where I think Homme’s attorneys fucked up (which the affidavit of the P.I. perhaps inadvertently points out): Homme and his attorneys should have filed a police report and involved the Sheriff’s office. Because there is a true and real threat of kidnapping, there. Happens every day. A great deal of those Amber alerts are parents. And they aren’t necessarily parents taking kids from abusive spouses; they’re also parents using their kids as pawns. I was a family law paralegal for 13 years; I’ve seen some bad shit.

Even if a parent has shown signs of physical abuse, the parent does NOT necessarily lose visitation. Especially not by the other parent. The court can order supervised visitation, counseling, the entry of the department of child and family services, all kinds of remedies. But one parent is NEVER allowed to withhold visitation from the other parent. That’s just not how it ever works. You need to petition the court, immediately, and show just cause. Then the court deals with the situation (typically supervised visitation, counseling, etc.).

Dalle-Homme’s attorneys not responding to Homme’s attorney’s calls is just … wtf. That’s beyond unethical.

The DCFS has already investigated Brody Dalle-Homme’s allegations, and declined to proceed any further. That’s a big deal. You may recall the Jolie-Pitt case, where - after one single incident in 2016 - the DCFS was alerted about the eldest child coming between an argument between Jolie and an inebriated Pitt on a private jet, and it’s 2021 and Pitt is STILL having trouble seeing his kids without supervision.

So, for the DCFS to decline to take Dalle-Homme’s allegations seriously, that’s serious. They obviously interviewed the kids. Judges don’t make arbitrary decisions in custody cases; they rely on expert opinion. (The O.J. Simpson / Nicole Brown Simpson murder case wasn’t an example of the court’s failure; it was an example of law enforcement’s failure. It also had nothing to do with child custody or the DCFS.)

If Dalle-Homme really did the things indicated in those affidavits, it really does appear that she is deliberately brainwashing the children to be paranoid and afraid of their father. Armed guards at the door? A judge would have never allowed that, a counselor should be appointed to protect these kids from these two celebrities.
    Last edited by allegro; 09-17-2021 at 09:52 AM.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    "Manson's lawyer: Accuser Consented to Bodily Fluids"

https://news.yahoo.com/marilyn-manso...205430435.html

I don't know guys....

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    In this case, there is a way around it, with the “delayed discovery rule,” but the judge says the petitioner’s complaint lacks sufficient information to utilize that rule. The petitioner has 20 days to file a new complaint that addresses the judge’s concerns that were outlined.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    R. Kelly found guilty on all counts