Page 66 of 155 FirstFirst ... 16 56 64 65 66 67 68 76 116 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,980 of 4626

Thread: What Are You Watching?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Meh finally watched the last season finale of Glee. It's definitely gone down hill for me but I will prob watch the final season to the bitter end.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Possession

FFFFFUUUUUCCCCKKKKKKK!!!!! I only have 22 minutes left of the film and man.... this is beyond fucked up yet... I love it so far.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    Possession

FFFFFUUUUUCCCCKKKKKKK!!!!! I only have 22 minutes left of the film and man.... this is beyond fucked up yet... I love it so far.
    Which Possession? The one from 1981, 2002, 2008, or The Possession ​from 2012?

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Findus View Post
    Which Possession? The one from 1981, 2002, 2008, or The Possession ​from 2012?
    The 1981 version with Isabelle Adjani in its full 2-hour cut. Adjani was just fucking insane and I love it.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    watched Event Horizon last night with my wife. she had never seen it, and i had only seen it once in its entirety (tried to see it in the theater when i was 10, made my dad drive me home because i was terrified).

today, we watched 7 of the 8 episodes of true detective all in a row. it was really, really hard leaving to go to a play rehearsal knowing we only had one episode left, which will have to wait until tomorrow night.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Turned my tv on last night. It just happened to be on the Lifetime network, don't ask me how and TrueTori was on. If you're faking infidelity to get a better story and ratings, it'd be wise not to say on camera that you had previously did a 'scripted reality' show. Shame on me, I should be reading a book rather than watching Dean McDermott cry.
    Last edited by Dra508; 10-22-2014 at 02:52 PM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Yeah, I'm totally glued to "19 Kids and Counting" so I know what you mean. They have such simple lives, it's oddly fascinating.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Finished watching the the first Season of Arrow....awesome show! Liked it way more than I expected, gotta say out of the three DC based shows i am watching right now (Gotham and Clash are the other two) this one is the best. Gonna start watching season 2 with my brother this weekend.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    Yeah, I'm totally glued to "19 Kids and Counting" so I know what you mean. They have such simple lives, it's oddly fascinating.
    I've watch a few of those with the curiosity of why would a woman put herself through 19 pregnancies. Now, I just will not watch. I really don't want to fund that movement. What's it called? Quiverfull?

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dra508 View Post
    I've watch a few of those with the curiosity of why would a woman put herself through 19 pregnancies. Now, I just will not watch. I really don't want to fund that movement. What's it called? Quiverfull?
    I don't think it's a movement. I guess she was on birth control for a while when they were first married, and then she got pregnant and she miscarried. They thought it was some kind of "punishment" from God so they vowed to never use birth control again so they didn't. So she got pregnant about every year-and-a-half. If you watch the show, it's obvious that Michelle and Jim Bob just really dig each other a lot and just obviously have a lot of sex, LOL. I ain't usually into religious people that much, but oddly they don't push that religious stuff AT ALL on this show. 19 kids, and NOT ONE SINGLE BRAT. All of the kids are well-behaved, smart, polite, skilled in various talents, well-rounded, it's amazing. They all went to Israel, and the kids tried various foods, even the little kids! And they're home-schooled! One episode, Michelle is saying, in that sing-song voice, "Today, we're going to learn about Bankruptcy laws!" And they all adhere to the modesty and frugality and courtship rules on their own, nobody bitches about it. it's fascinating, all I see around me are a bunch of spoiled brats given the world, and these kids buy their shoes at flea markets and they all know how to cook and sew and make crafts and they speak various languages and they're polite and they eat whatever is put in front of them and one's a photographer and one is a seamstress and one is studying to be a midwife ... wtf. I'm waiting for Jill to get married, this Tuesday, 300 people are gonna be at this wedding! They asked the dad, Jim Bob, what he thinks the couple is looking forward to most about getting married, and he laughed and said, "Um, how do I put this ..." HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Then he said he's sure his daughter Jill is looking forward to the ceremony, but he's sure that Derrick (the son-in-law) is looking forward to the honeymoon (the couple hasn't even KISSED, yet ... hell, they haven't even HUGGED, they've only "side-hugged" which the whole family only does with each other and other people, it's odd).
    Last edited by allegro; 10-23-2014 at 02:32 PM.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    I don't think it's a movement. I guess she was on birth control for a while when they were first married, and then she got pregnant and she miscarried. They thought it was some kind of "punishment" from God so they vowed to never use birth control again so they didn't. So she got pregnant about every year-and-a-half. If you watch the show, it's obvious that Michelle and Jim Bob just really dig each other a lot and just obviously have a lot of sex, LOL. I ain't usually into religious people that much, but oddly they don't push that religious stuff AT ALL on this show. 19 kids, and NOT ONE SINGLE BRAT. All of the kids are well-behaved, smart, polite, skilled in various talents, well-rounded, it's amazing. They all went to Israel, and the kids tried various foods, even the little kids! And they're home-schooled! One episode, Michelle is saying, in that sing-song voice, "Today, we're going to learn about Bankruptcy laws!" And they all adhere to the modesty and frugality and courtship rules on their own, nobody bitches about it. it's fascinating, all I see around me are a bunch of spoiled brats given the world, and these kids buy their shoes at flea markets and they all know how to cook and sew and make crafts and they speak various languages and they're polite and they eat whatever is put in front of them and one's a photographer and one is a seamstress and one is studying to be a midwife ... wtf. I'm waiting for Jill to get married, this Tuesday, 300 people are gonna be at this wedding! They asked the dad, Jim Bob, what he thinks the couple is looking forward to most about getting married, and he laughed and said, "Um, how do I put this ..." HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Then he said he's sure his daughter Jill is looking forward to the ceremony, but he's sure that Derrick (the son-in-law) is looking forward to the honeymoon (the couple hasn't even KISSED, yet ... hell, they haven't even HUGGED, they've only "side-hugged" which the whole family only does with each other and other people, it's odd).
    http://www.slate.com/blogs/xx_factor...uiverfull.html

Yeah, this whole no sex before marriage is starting to wear on me. My bf believed that for a long long time. I'm pretty sure my parents adhered to that. It's holding this standard for purity that I just don't think is fair to anyone, male or female.
    Last edited by Dra508; 10-23-2014 at 06:01 PM. Reason: forgot my quiverfull link

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Maggie Gylenhaall was in a mindblowing 8 part BBC show this summer called The Honorable Woman. About a powerful Anglo- Jewish woman who as a result of her deceased fathers dealings gets sucked deeply into the dark underworld of the Israel quagmire.
    So intelligent and really tense and full of twists and turns. Its the type of show Homeland could dream of being.
    Maggie better win loads of awards for this.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Exocet View Post
    Maggie Gylenhaall was in a mindblowing 8 part BBC show this summer called The Honorable Woman. About a powerful Anglo- Jewish woman who as a result of her deceased fathers dealings gets sucked deeply into the dark underworld of the Israel quagmire.
    So intelligent and really tense and full of twists and turns. Its the type of show Homeland could dream of being.
    I hope so. She should have a lot more awards as she is really one of the best working actresses right now.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Just saw John Wick in IMAX. SUPER fun. Some great, precise gunplay and some appropriately dirty hand-to-hand combat. It was nice to see a hero who goes for headshots instead emptying a clip on everyone - and little things like seeing Keanu put on a kevlar vest and reloading his gun were really satisfying details. Surprisingly awesome cast, too. (I won't spoil who Wick's 'wingman' is)

If you were disappointed by Michael Nyqvist in Ghost Protocol like I was, he totally makes up for it here and cuts loose in the best way. He's a highlight.

As a lifelong Keanu fan, I would also like to say that he nails the action scenes (duh) and delivers a very good performance. There's a dramatic scene towards the end where he really ramps it up, and it's a perfectly choreographed crescendo in terms of the way the movie uses his acting to transition to the next fight sequence.

and I can't stop saying "Yeah, I'm thinking I'm back."

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Future Diary is my favorite anime since Death Note. Pretty awesome. Check it out if you like weird mind fuck anime.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Exocet View Post
    I've been meaning to watch this. Thanks for the thumbs up

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    About to watch Gregg Araki's newest, White Bird In A Blizzard. Very excited!

UPDATE: It's no Mysterious Skin but it's worth watching. No one does soundtracks better.
    Last edited by Swykk; 10-25-2014 at 09:53 AM.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    November Man was a big surprise to me. Its a lean mean spy vs. spy flick, smartly written and deftly directed. I've always thought Pierce Brosnan was okay but he never really impressed me until now; he really pulls off the ruthless special agent type with zeal in ways that his Bond roles never allowed him to be. This fits nicely alongside some of the better modern special agent stuff like Taken, Bourne, Mission impossible, and yes, Bond.

Also, John Wick is everything Deadpool said it is. Lots of fun and the action rocks.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    The Blacklist.

Can't get enough of James Spader as Red.

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    For some reason, out of nowhere, I had the overwhelming urge to watch this. I haven't seen this movie since I was a little kid. I freaking LOVED this movie when I was ilttle (I was a weird kid). It's kind of cheesy, it's probably not very good as an adult, but I just threw it on anyway.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Alejandro Jodorowsky's The Holy Mountain. It's fucking crazy man.

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    This was really enjoyable. It wasn't amazing or anything, but it was quite good. Worth seeing. The drumming was phenomenal and J.K. Simmons was awesome (I didn't expect any less).

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    watched Absentia last night (which was partially funded by kickstarter). great atmospheric horror, pretty emotionally dark, very enjoyable.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Went to see John Wick a couple of nights ago. Way better than I would've expected, both people I saw it with agreed. The most fluid, unapologetic and vivid action films I've seen in years. The use of color was insane, I didn't expect any real stand-out cinematography or sets, but it delivered on both. It builds a really unique universe really quickly and it felt like the filmmakers fully understood how it functioned. One of my friends said afterward, "Why isn't Keanu Reeves in more movies?" It delivered on all fronts for the kind of film it is, and was one of the few movies this year to make me want to go right back in to watch it again.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    The use of color was insane, I didn't expect any real stand-out cinematography or sets, but it delivered on both. It builds a really unique universe really quickly and it felt like the filmmakers fully understood how it functioned. One of my friends said afterward, "Why isn't Keanu Reeves in more movies?" It delivered on all fronts for the kind of film it is, and was one of the few movies this year to make me want to go right back in to watch it again.
    Dare I say it, John Wick is one of the best looking films I've seen all year, which in a way is fitting since the movie is so goddamn stylized down to the subtitles. Speaking of which, I don't think the experimentation with the subtitles was entirely successful, but I was just happy to see a film try something new in that department.

I saw JW for a 2nd time in a standard theater this week and it really made me appreciate the IMAX experience even more than usual. I've said it countless times before, but as luxurious as the screen size & clarity is, the sound is what really makes a difference -- at least to me. With gunshots screaming, necks breaking, glass shattering, and club music throbbing, you want world-class sonics. All I could think during my 2nd viewing was "turn up the volume!!!" In an action movie it makes an almost necessary difference.

The scene where John infiltrates Iosef's swank indoor pool is definitely my favorite part. The music is such an interesting choice and a brilliant juxtaposition to the violence, which starts stealthy and gets louder from there. The A.V. Club agree (and said it better).

Oh, and I saw Fury a few days ago. I liked it more than I thought I would: great principle cast and excellent action sequences. A very good character-driven action/drama. Gets me really excited for David Ayer's Suicide Squad.

I saw Birdman yesterday: definitely liked it, but some things bothered/challenged me. Still figuring out how I feel, but glad I saw it. Ballsy movie for sure. Ed Norton was my favorite part.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    for Halloween the roomates and I decided to watch a horrible horror movie. we ended up with Sleepwalkers, it was awful! the best actor in The whole movie was the cat. it should be renamed incestuous cat vampires.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Just started Bob's Burgers. It's pretty funny.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Arrow. A whole lot of Arrow. Just finished the finale of Boardwalk Empire. Now to catch up on Gotham.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    "House of DVF." OMG Diane von Fürstenberg is so awesome.
    Last edited by allegro; 11-03-2014 at 08:51 AM.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Netflix added a second season of R.L. Stine's "The Haunting Hour" which sarah and i watched a bunch of yesterday while feeling like shit all day. (yes, we mostly watch television programs aimed at children and teens...deal with it, they're good shows)

also watched Paranorman for the second time (bought it for $10 on blu-ray off amazon since they took it off netflix) and it's so great. definitely my favorite animated movie of the last 5-10 years.