Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: NIN touring in 2019 (?)

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    ^^^^that meme is misselling, Posh isn’t in the come back line up. Wonder if that’s a dealbreaker for anyone

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    I'm surprised NIN hasn't done Download in the UK yet. And given that Tool are headlining one of the days getting NIN to appear before would be AMAZING!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    NIN subbing The Cure would be legendary
    Good shout I hadn't thought of that,
    I was waiting to see how this efestivals rumour would pan out

Glad I have a ticket

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by m0reta View Post
    So Weird Al just dropped his new tour dates and look at all the Florida and Canada love..5 shows for each!

But this is three months of pretty hard touring so while I don't see NIN doing similar, it's doesn't hurt to dream At least 3 for each..okay 2? 2 maybe?!!

It is really baffling there hasn't been a Canadian date especially when Toronto made the "last ever shows".

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I've got a well informed friend of mine who told me NIN will almost certainly play at the Hellfest Festival 2019 in France (happens generally the last weekend of June).

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by totom View Post
    I've got a well informed friend of mine who told me NIN will almost certainly play at the Hellfest Festival 2019 in France (happens generally the last weekend of June).
    Hellfest was streamed this year. If they do a summer festival run, I really hope there are more streams.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by totom View Post
    The same certainty as this year?

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    I was talking to a friend about certain albums turning 25 next year, earlier today (unrelated to NIN) and then I thought about NINs records... PHM is turning 30 next year, TDS is 25 and The Fragile is going to be 20, all in the same year.

That's a huge missed opportunity from Trent if he doesn't have something planned for at least one of these records. All 3 of these are hitting huge milestones next year, damn!

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    I was talking to a friend about certain albums turning 25 next year, earlier today (unrelated to NIN) and then I thought about NINs records... PHM is turning 30 next year, TDS is 25 and The Fragile is going to be 20, all in the same year.

That's a huge missed opportunity from Trent if he doesn't have something planned for at least one of these records. All 3 of these are hitting huge milestones next year, damn!
    Maybe in celebration, they release the Def version of WT,YZ and TS. Fingers crossed!

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    10-15 is being generous. We have maybe 6 at most, lol. Hence why artists rarely come here for a full blown tour. It's usually Just a Toronto show, with the odd Montreal or Vancouver show sprinkled in there sometimes. We always get the shaft.

I'd like to see a 2nd leg of the Cold and Black... tour to hit up the secondary markets in 2019. I hope next year has NIN in it some capacity. We've been so spoiled these last few years with NIN material and live shows that I can't fathom going a whole year without something NIN releated now (and to think we used to go 5 years between releases like it was normal lol).
    The thing with Canada we don't necessarily have these 5000 seaters theater. I know there are none in Montreal. It's either full blown arena or you play a smaller venue like the MTelus which is about 2300. There is nothing in between.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

I'm super excited to still not get the 5.1 mix of The Fragile that's been ready to go since 2009. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I've seen NIN mentioned as a possibility for the South Americans Lollapalooza festivals next year. Official lineup's out on Wednesday.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepvoid View Post
    The thing with Canada we don't necessarily have these 5000 seaters theater. I know there are none in Montreal. It's either full blown arena or you play a smaller venue like the MTelus which is about 2300. There is nothing in between.
    It's like that here as well. A lot of "mid sized" bands will play the Commodore Ballroom, but that only has a capacity of 995. There is also the PNE forum, but only hosts 1800.
    Those are for open floor venues anyway. There is the Queen Elizabeth Theatre, which is a little over 2900 seating, but that's a seated venue. That's garbage. Sometimes metal bands will play there, and it's the most awkward thing in the world. I think they can take out the first 6 rows of seats for a small pit though.

So, Vancouver doesn't have any mid sized 4000-5000 capacity venues either. Could be the reason. But still, book 2-3 back to back nights at one of these 1800-2900 seated venues and he'll sell out the show easily. In 2005 he did 2 nights at the kool haus in Toronto and that only had a capacity of 2500. So he's no stranger to smaller venues.

With all these rumors of festival slots popping up, maybe Montebello rockfest finally got them this year and that's when they're going to play some Canadian dates around that. If rockfest is still a thing, last I heard is they were going bankrupt. Read an interview after the 2018 edition where Alex Martell said things weren't looking good financially for Rockfest and he's not sure if it'll return next year, or at all. That's not good. That's the last thing Canada needs, is another big music festival like that to bite the dust.

Quote Originally Posted by klyrish View Post
    I'm super excited to still not get the 5.1 mix of The Fragile that's been ready to go since 2009. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!
    Funny you mention that, I put on the 5.1 mix of With Teeth a couple weeks ago while doing something around the house and forgot how bad-ass it was. Then I started to question if 5.1 mixes were still a thing. Seemed to be pretty short lived. I an't help but get the feeling that the "special" Fragile thing we got was deviations, and that's all we're going to get regarding the Fragile ever. We salivated for 10 years over some "mystery deluxe super fragile special edition" and all it was was deviations. Yes, I'm disappointed. It's not what I was expecting. Deviations is neat and all, but not what I was expecting. Hope there is something else, but I fear that's it regarding re-releases for The Fragile.

Time to move onto With Teeth now I guess. Give me those missing bonus tracks from the With_Teeth lyrics poster! lol
    Last edited by ManBurning; 11-16-2018 at 02:06 PM.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    @ManBurning Either Rockfest or Osheaga I don't care. Just give us NIN in Canada.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    I'd like to see a 2nd leg of the Cold and Black... tour to hit up the secondary markets in 2019.
    For realsies. NIN haven't been to Idaho or Utah in 10 years and if there was a show around here, I would be there in a heartbeat.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmcfly View Post
    Hellfest was streamed this year. If they do a summer festival run, I really hope there are more streams.
    What ? Hellfest is streamed every time, and eurockeenes used the exact same streaming website...... Nin just refused.

Quote Originally Posted by witte View Post
    The same certainty as this year?
    Again, the rumor was from Zegut, so it reached the super serious rumor level this year. Actually as everytime, zegut was right for all rumors, and nin was mentionned several times for press conference by the hellfest guy, as a failure, he even talked about theme not fitting with nin. Nin was looking for a festival and they picked Eurockeenes.

Totom does not know Zegut, anyway Zegut blog is public.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Forget about all this NA talk. You guys have had plenty of love.

They need to come to Australia! Us and SA are pretty much the only neck of the touring circuit they haven't touched on in the last 2 years.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Hellfest official line up annouce on monday.
    Zegut is pointing out the fact that Rob Zombie is playing in France during Hellfest

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Just got round to watching that Q&A in Mexico and really excited to hear they are discussing dates next year from the horses mouth! Please just don’t burn yourselves out and end NIN ‘forever’ again, not that I’ll believe it but it’s just a downer.

although if we’re putting in requests, 3 or 4 nights at Brixton Academy in London would be appreciated
    Last edited by WorzelG; 11-24-2018 at 04:07 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Esperanzan View Post
    Forget about all this NA talk. You guys have had plenty of love.

They need to come to Australia! Us and SA are pretty much the only neck of the touring circuit they haven't touched on in the last 2 years.
    They haven’t been in Canada at all. Just 3 shows, one in each market (Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver) would leave us happy.

Once they’ve done that I’m giving them permission to go wherever they want.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    So Hellfest is up, nin isn't

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Give me a summer amphitheater tour with a band of similar popularity co-headlining (but playing first like Soundgarden did). NIN/A Perfect Circle could definitely work at this point in time.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gorny540 View Post
    Give me a summer amphitheater tour with a band of similar popularity co-headlining (but playing first like Soundgarden did). NIN/A Perfect Circle could definitely work at this point in time.
    no thanks to amphitheater tour.
    i don't know enough about other Canadian cities but in Toronto theres lots of options!

if NIN can play at the Fox Theatre in Detroit, then why not Roy Thompson Hall in Toronto? Queen Elizabeth Theatre, Danforth Music Hall, Massey Hall, Sony Theatre...i could point out a few more places but you get the point.. i think..
    anyway, much much better places to play than that damn amphitheater.
    i am really hoping for a few Canadian dates in 2019, fingers crossed.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    With A Perfect Circle, Alice in Chains, Ghost, Foo Fighters, System of a Down, Rammstein, and Smashing Pumpkins on tour right now, plus Tool likely kicking off a touring cycle in 2019 to promote their highly anticipated and extremely delayed new album, there is ample opportunity for some amazing festival lineups in 2019! Too bad they'll probably all be overseas.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I don't think APC will be touring much (if at all) in 2019. Unless they already hinted at that?

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    I think a NIN + Failure tour would hit the spot nicely.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    Just got round to watching that Q&A in Mexico and really excited to hear they are discussing dates next year from the horses mouth! Please just don’t burn yourselves out and end NIN ‘forever’ again, not that I’ll believe it but it’s just a downer.

although if we’re putting in requests, 3 or 4 nights at Brixton Academy in London would be appreciated
    Is there a link for that? Had no idea he mentions dates for next year on video.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by streetman View Post
    Is there a link for that? Had no idea he mentions dates for next year on video.
    I think people are taking the "talking about dates" quote in the wrong perspective. The question was related to whether there will be new HTDA or NIN music next year, and they go off on a tangent answering the question a bit and then go back to it and say "We are currently discussing dates" and I think the word "dates" was misinterpreted by some as dates for live shows, I think what they really mean are dates for when to start recording and/or when new music could/should be released etc.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I think people are taking the "talking about dates" quote in the wrong perspective. The question was related to whether there will be new HTDA or NIN music next year, and they go off on a tangent answering the question a bit and then go back to it and say "We are currently discussing dates" and I think the word "dates" was misinterpreted by some as dates for live shows, I think what they really mean are dates for when to start recording and/or when new music could/should be released etc.
    No but Trent clearly stated there was more touring for NIN and they weren't done when in San Antonio. So it has to be NIN related.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by streetman View Post
    No but Trent clearly stated there was more touring for NIN and they weren't done when in San Antonio. So it has to be NIN related.
    Not saying there won't be any more live shows again, I just don't see any in 2019. I'd love to be proven wrong, but at Las Vegas 2 nights ago he said "These are the last shows for a while"

So, he didn't say "last shows ever", but he knows he won't be playing anytime soon. Obviously, plans can change all the time, but I don't see shows in 2019 after that statement. Unfortunate too, because 2019 is a huge milestone year for most of NIN's big records. 30 years for PHM, 25 for TDS and 20 years for The Fragile. Huge missed opportunity if at least 1 of those records doesn't get some sort of a celebration.