Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 38 of 45 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38 39 40 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,140 of 1326

Thread: The concerts thread

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    This will be the third time we’ve seen them.

First time was on a date with G at the Riv in 1996, and we had first row. And he didn’t know he’d gotten first row, it was kinda hilarious. Second time was at the Pritzker Pavilion in 2012.

We are really looking forward to this!
    yeah, the show at pritzker is the one i saw! that was fucking amazing. the opening act was wonderful, too. wish i could remember the name.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    First concert in NYC in Irving Plaza with The Strokes - https://consequence.net/2021/06/the-...ney-aoc-watch/

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    how much were those Foo Fighters tix for MSG this weekend? I'm assuming relatively cheap considering the super short notice.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    how much were those Foo Fighters tix for MSG this weekend? I'm assuming relatively cheap considering the super short notice.
    $50–$119, so cheaper than usual.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    I'd go see Foo Fighters if they paid me $20 an hour. No less than that, though.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I know their music isn't for everyone, but they honestly put on a really good show. Dave gave it his all when I saw them in 2018. Plus, he seems like a super cool and chill kind of guy.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    I know their music isn't for everyone, but they honestly put on a really good show. Dave gave it his all when I saw them in 2018. Plus, he seems like a super cool and chill kind of guy.
    With that endorsement, I'd go for TEN dollars an hour, and pretend to.be excited.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Whatever. To each their own, I guess... I know it seems to be the cool thing to do, to hate on Foo Fighters (kinda like Nickelback, only that band actually deserves it). And to be fair, I haven't kept up with them much since their '90s albums, aside from the occasional single. I mostly saw them because I loved The Colour and the Shape when it came out.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    I can confirm that foo fighters put on an awesome show. I must have seen them about 10x live now. With that said, their shows from the last few times have gotten very static and predictable. I don't think I would pay to see them live again. They do the same songs and the same jokes during songs they've been doing for 10 years. For a band that has as much material as they do, they have a very formulaic show down to the T.

No hate on them at all. Just kinda bored of their shows. It's worth checking out once if you've never seen 'em live before though.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Big Black Delta - 9/22/21
    Deafheaven - 10/16/21
    Best Coast - 2/12/22
    Godspeed You! Black Emperor - 3/3/22

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    Whatever. To each their own, I guess... I know it seems to be the cool thing to do, to hate on Foo Fighters (kinda like Nickelback, only that band actually deserves it). And to be fair, I haven't kept up with them much since their '90s albums, aside from the occasional single. I mostly saw them because I loved The Colour and the Shape when it came out.

It's not so much that the Foo Fighters are HORRIBLE: it's that they're aggressively MEDIOCRE. Its not what a lot of us were expecting from Dave Grohl and Pat Smear, after Nirvana.

I do love Everlong. And I like the "fingernails are prettyy, fingernails are good, seem that all I ever wanted was an otttttttter."

But I change the station for most of it.

It's nothing to do with being "cool." I'm a proud rush geek and have been since I was a kid. Do you know how much shit I took for that in the nineties, at school?

ANYWAY: Old 97s are supposed to head to Denver next year, and teased that they MIGHT stop through Amarillo. That'd be enough for me.
    Last edited by elevenism; 06-21-2021 at 10:02 AM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    aggressively MEDIOCRE

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post

It's not so much that the Foo Fighters are HORRIBLE: it's that they're aggressively MEDIOCRE. Its not what a lot of us were expecting from Dave Grohl and Pat Smear, after Nirvana.

I do love Everlong. And I like the "fingernails are prettyy, fingernails are good, seem that all I ever wanted was an otttttttter."

But I change the station for most of it.

It's nothing to do with being "cool." I'm a proud rush geek and have been since I was a kid. Do you know how much shit I took for that in the nineties, at school?

ANYWAY: Old 97s are supposed to head to Denver next year, and teased that they MIGHT stop through Amarillo. That'd be enough for me.
    I thought the first record was really good, after that it's more a song by song thing for me. I saw the last big tour & it wasn't impressive. The first tour opening for Mike Watt was fantastic. Sadly, they are kind of carrying the torch for old school rock right now. At least they are trying to.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Dave Chappelle Covers Radiohead's "Creep" at Foo Fighters Concert

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...r-msg-1186700/

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    saw this on twitter the other day, figured I'd throw it up here too. Here's a list of every show at MSG in 1987:

If you could go to two of these shows...only two...which would you pick? The more you think about it the harder it gets.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    At first, I thought I'd pick Tom Petty and Iron Maiden, even though I've seen them both multiple times (it'd be great to see them both in their younger days, though), so I thought "maybe I should pick someone I haven't seen before." In that case, David Bowie and Pink Floyd would be my runner-up choices (I list Bowie as a runner up mostly because much my favorite Bowie material came out after 1987). Beastie Boys are tempting, too, but they'd only be playing material from Licensed to Ill in 1987. Tom Petty is probably my favorite artist on that list, so I might actually keep him and change my answer to be Tom Petty and David Bowie after thinking about it more.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    If you could go to two of these shows...only two...which would you pick? The more you think about it the harder it gets.
    Grateful Dead 9/18/1987 (widely considered to be one of the best versions of "Morning Dew")
    Depeche Mode 12/18/1987

no regerts

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Grateful Dead 9/18/1987 (widely considered to be one of the best versions of "Morning Dew")
    Depeche Mode 12/18/1987

no regerts
    Both great choices but damn it'd be tough to turn down the Beastie Boys in their infancy or The Cure in their prime... Two just isn't enough.
    Last edited by imail724; 06-28-2021 at 01:55 PM.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    I'm a complete Maiden dork so I'd have to go with them to be able to see the boys in their prime. I think I'd go with Whitney Houston for the 2nd show despite not exactly being a big fan, just b/c she's a now deceased legend and her voice would pretty much be at it's pinnacle there. Would be cool to be able to say you saw her back then.

But if I'm picking bands I actually like, I prolly go with Depeche Mode. It's not like The Cure where they are still really, really good nowadays, part. Robert Smith's voice imo.

Seeing Motley Crue/Whitesnake at the height of the glam/hair band scene at MSG would certainly be a sight. Musically the show isn't that interesting, but for a cultural snapshot..that was prolly a crazy night haha.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Well, they tried!

"Foo Fighters postpone concert after confirmed COVID-19 case"

https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/15/enter...ert/index.html

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Hopefully going to see Tool in London next year two days after Gary Numan.
    Also got Clannad, Blancmange and Human League later this year, fingers crossed they’re going ahead.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I've some good shows coming up, despite the fact that I was supposed to see NIN three times this year and they were all cancelled.

2021 so far:
    7/23 – Prof
    8/23 – Green Day, Weezer, Fall Out Boy
    9/17 – Riot Fest: Smashing Pumpkins, Coheed & Cambria, Sublime with Rome, Motion City Soundtrack
    9/18 – Riot Fest: Run the Jewels, Gogol Bordello, GWAR, Joywave
    9/19 – Riot Fest: Slipknot, Flaming Lips, Devo, Body Count, Fever 333, Health
    9/23 – Judas Priest, Sabaton

Coming up:
    11/17/21 – CHVRCHES
    02/02/22 – Ghost, Volbeat
    03/13/22 – Tool, The Acid Helps
    03/20/22 – Death From Above 1979
    04/01/22 – Cloud Cult with the Minnesota Orchestra
    05/15/22 – Rage Against the Machine, Run the Jewels
    08/27/22 – Rammstein
    Last edited by sonic_discord; 10-01-2021 at 11:07 AM.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by virushopper View Post
    Deafheaven - 10/16/21
    Best Coast - 2/12/22
    Godspeed You! Black Emperor - 3/3/22
    Updated:
    1/15/2022 - Tool
    1/16/2022 - Tool
    1/18/2022 - Tool
    1/19/2022 - Tool
    1/22/2022 - Tool
    3/13/2022 - Meshuggah

I have a lot of PTO saved up so mind as well use them for this.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Going to see Wilco & Young Fresh Fellow tonight, woo hoo! I've had the tickets for 2 years. I got the theater to let me bring a pillow as the seats are torture devices. I'm having bad spine trouble & when I went to My Morning Jacket a week ago I almost had to crawl to the car post show. Having a minor procedure on the spine in a week. Hopefully will work as the next step would be some major & very scary spinal fusion surgery. Fingers crossed. It all has to do with the rheumatoid arthritis I've been dealing with over 10 years. Things are snowballing. Things like concerts & driving may be a thing of the past in the not so distant future. I'm hanging on by my fingernails. I'm gonna rock out as long as I can. I hope NIN reschedule the tour that never was soon. I would go all three nights in Seattle for sure! Wouldn't be a bad way to go out on concerts! Would like to see Nick Cave reschedule soon too!

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckrh View Post
    Going to see Wilco & Young Fresh Fellow tonight, woo hoo! I've had the tickets for 2 years. I got the theater to let me bring a pillow as the seats are torture devices. I'm having bad spine trouble & when I went to My Morning Jacket a week ago I almost had to crawl to the car post show. Having a minor procedure on the spine in a week. Hopefully will work as the next step would be some major & very scary spinal fusion surgery. Fingers crossed. It all has to do with the rheumatoid arthritis I've been dealing with over 10 years. Things are snowballing. Things like concerts & driving may be a thing of the past in the not so distant future. I'm hanging on by my fingernails. I'm gonna rock out as long as I can. I hope NIN reschedule the tour that never was soon. I would go all three nights in Seattle for sure! Wouldn't be a bad way to go out on concerts! Would like to see Nick Cave reschedule soon too!
    Just seen this, hope you get your health and back sorted out, backs can be a real bastard, I know a few people with so many back issues. Hope you enjoyed the show. I’m getting ludicrously excited over seeing Clannad on Halloween even though I have to leave just after 10 to get the last train back

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    Just seen this, hope you get your health and back sorted out, backs can be a real bastard, I know a few people with so many back issues. Hope you enjoyed the show. I’m getting ludicrously excited over seeing Clannad on Halloween even though I have to leave just after 10 to get the last train back
    Thanks. It was a great show. YFF did a fine opening set with Wilco's keyboard player (incognito) sitting in a few songs. I've seen Wilco a real lot & this was a good one. Like NIN, everyone in Wilco are fine musicians especially Nels Cline & Glenn Kotche. They did an excellent set with a fair amount of surprises. It was the last night of a NW mini tour & YFF came out for the final encore, a rousing version of "Helter Skelter". As for the back, it's been getting worse daily. I'm going in for the spine shot today. I've had one before & it's not pleasant but better than surgery. I'll be laid up until the weekend & then on to next round of chemo on Tuesday. Do I know how to party or what? Not complaining as I'm still kicking. Sort of. Foo Fighters were in town last night but I skipped it. It was over $100 a ticket & I saw them a few years ago. It wasn't that great. I much prefer the early days of the band. Dave Grohl is suffering from overexposure, IMHO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Just caught the Idles at the 9:30 Club in DC. 1st show in 18 months. It was holy fucking amazing. Go see them if you can.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Going to see Sebastian Bach this Friday. He's playing Slave to the Grind front-to-Bach!

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volk View Post
    Just caught the Idles at the 9:30 Club in DC. 1st show in 18 months. It was holy fucking amazing. Go see them if you can.
    Saw them in NYC this past saturday and agree 100%. Such a great show and I can't wait to catch them again next time they come around. Looking forward to the new record too.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GulDukat View Post
    Going to see Sebastian Bach this Friday. He's playing Slave to the Grind front-to-Bach!
    how was it? Slave to the Grind is a beast of an album.