Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 22 of 43 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 ... LastLast

Thread: Slipknot

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Website updated with a new video including a timer that ends at 0516 so assuming Thursday we'll be getting album info and a look at the new masks. Naturally, the reddit has screen captures pieced together to give some clues. Seems a lot of them are more streamlined/metallic or something...a few such as Corey's pic and a closeup of someone's eye looks like they're all in some kind of black hooded robes too.

Corey

Clown

Craig

Mick

Jay?

Sid?
    Last edited by october_midnight; 05-14-2019 at 10:20 AM.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

If this guy happens to be on the nose, this would be very interesting marketing on Slipknots part.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    The SK subreddit is ridiculous with all of the speculation and conspiracy theories right now. Someone said on there that they don't think any other fan base is as analytical as they are. I mentioned "Well you must not know many NIN or Tool fans..."

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post

If this guy happens to be on the nose, this would be very interesting marketing on Slipknots part.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Yeah no it's not happening lol. For this to be a marketing move, it'd dictate that there would be a positive goal/gain/outcome of doing this. There isn't. If he popped up tomorrow like 'hahahaha fooled you all!' it wouldn't lead to a surge in sales or anything positive. People would literally think 'what the fuck was the point of that?', it'd be on the news sites for a day or two, and everyone would move on, not caring within a week.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Yeah no it's not happening lol. For this to be a marketing move, it'd dictate that there would be a positive goal/gain/outcome of doing this. There isn't. If he popped up tomorrow like 'hahahaha fooled you all!' it wouldn't lead to a surge in sales or anything positive. People would literally think 'what the fuck was the point of that?', it'd be on the news sites for a day or two, and everyone would move on, not caring within a week.
    Exactly. If Chris is still in the band, I would think it would mean that they buried the hatchet. There's really not much to gain from using Chris as a marketing ploy.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Assuming these are song titles?

edit: Ran it back again...took a screengrab and unless I'm wrong here, I still see 9 sets of eyes.

Last edited by october_midnight; 05-15-2019 at 01:07 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    New song clip posted with the tile 'You've Killed The Saint In Me'

www.slipknot1.com

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Assuming these are song titles?

I think they are lyrics.

Nine robed figures? I assume they're gonna take them off to reveal the new masks maybe.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmcfly View Post
    Exactly. If Chris is still in the band, I would think it would mean that they buried the hatchet. There's really not much to gain from using Chris as a marketing ploy.
    If it is Chris Fehn, then my guess is they were in the middle of creating the promotional materials for the new record when he left. So, technically, they are cool to still use anything with him in it as he probably still appears on the record.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by renton44 View Post
    If it is Chris Fehn, then my guess is they were in the middle of creating the promotional materials for the new record when he left. So, technically, they are cool to still use anything with him in it as he probably still appears on the record.
    The new teaser showing their new masks shows a frame of a very... Chris looking mask. Not as dark as the one posted on his instagram, it looks more like a tour AHIG with the nose cut down. Maybe he could still be in the band if the lawsuit hasn't gone all the way through.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

It is here.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    So wait....Chris actually IS still in the band? So they either worked things out, or this was all done before everything legally got nasty and he wanted to still be involved in promotion or something? Who knows.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Also, Corey's mask is....something. And Sid's mask...isn't a mask.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    New album titled 'We Are Not Your Kind'
    First single: 'Unsainted'
    Music video has already been released.
    www.slipknot1.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmcfly View Post

It is here.

And it is AWESOME !!!!

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Jesus those close up shots of the band's masks were ultra cringey.

Found the song really disappointingly boring too. So much for "This album is heavier than Iowa". Not that I actually expected that, but you know.

Also, so Corey worked with Tom Savini on..... the same mask from two album cycles ago?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Yeah no doubt. I mean I get it, like Tool...they're older, if this is the direction they wanna keep going, all the power to them. I just remember hearing like you said, all these quotes of it being heavier...maybe the other tracks will be but I doubt it.

And yeah, that video was basically just a 5 minute promo of 'ooooh new masks!' Bah.

edit: And a plastic see through mask is legit the best him and Tom fuckin' Savini could come up with?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    Jesus those close up shots of the band's masks were ultra cringey.

Found the song really disappointingly boring too. So much for "This album is heavier than Iowa". Not that I actually expected that, but you know.

Also, so Corey worked with Tom Savini on..... the same mask from two album cycles ago?
    that masks just looks like clear tape wrapped around. That's the best him and Tom Savini could come up with?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Hahahahaha oh..... oh no thank you.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    The song, man, I don't know, I knew that they were full of it when they said this'd be "Iowa" levels of heavy, obviously not, I wish they were at least honest about it. Melodic songs were never unusual for Slipknot, their heaviest two first albums had these type of songs which combined the more melodic singing with agression, but here, the combination feels off to me? The melodic parts sound far Poppier than I'd like and kind of clash oddly against the verses for me.

I also feel like the intro goes on for little too long.

The music video is awful, awful editing and might have made the song seem worse than it actually is. It's really odd, the music videO starts off quite slick looking and then it just turns into an absolute mess.
    Last edited by HWB; 05-16-2019 at 10:26 AM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    The song is dope. It's probably the more radio friendly of the tracks on the album though, so i expect the rest of the album to be heavier.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Damn, this song is catchy.
    Fuck man, a great Amon Amarth record, a great Rammstein record. I hope this doesn't disappoint .

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    Damn, this song is catchy.
    Fuck man, a great Amon Amarth record, a great Rammstein record. I hope this doesn't disappoint .
    I only got to listen to it once on my break at work and the chorus has been playing in my head non stop. Corey knows how to write a killer hook.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    I can imagine an entire crowd singin along. Like the last song, this checks off all the slipknot ticks. They have their style and they stick to it.

But yea that chorus is the new wait and bleed/duality

EDIT: Just noticed that all out life is not included in the album's track listing.
    Last edited by Conan The Barbarian; 05-16-2019 at 09:40 AM.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    I like it, it's pretty good to my ears. Now if spotify would stop being a dick and let me add it to my 'to buy' playlist that would be nice.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    It's weird how Corey consistently has the worst mask of the 9 every cycle since AHiG. The new single is good, I love how Chris'(is replacement?) mask looks like the Liar mask in a burn ward. Mega symbolism in the video too.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HWB View Post
    The music video is awful, awful editing and might have made the song seem worse than it actually is. It's really odd, the music vide starts off quite slick looking and then it just turns into an absolute mess.
    This is a good point. I was awfully busy being distracted by how corny the video was when listening to the song.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    For what it's worth, people are saying if you look closely at Chris' replacement in the video has a 6 on his arm, so best guess is that it's Clown's son, Gage Crahan.

edit: Clown's other son, Simon confirmed on IG that it's not Chris Fehn.
    Last edited by october_midnight; 05-16-2019 at 10:17 AM.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Song rocks.