Page 356 of 483 FirstFirst ... 256 306 346 354 355 356 357 358 366 406 456 ... LastLast
Results 10,651 to 10,680 of 14482

Thread: Professional Wrestling

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    It still doesn't end the cancer, that is the way WWE is pushing the women's roster. It's alllllll a PR grab. The way they talk about them sounds like these are some autistic people or something, but not even the Special Olympics has such a condescending tone towards their participants.

The first ever women's anything would be a big deal without talking about it every 2 minutes during the PPV. Let them fucking have that historic moment without making it sound like it's some caretakers gift towards them. Stephanie's commentary during the Royal Rumble was absolutely pathetic.

And on top of that, they seriously tried to go with Moolah. How can you be so incompetent and inconsistent at the same time?

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    The Women's division is just a marketing gimmick, i'm glad they are giving opportunities to talented people, but they way they do it is irritating.

And to show Stephanie as a "trailblazer" an a "innovator" it the biggest joke of all.

I do understand why people complained about Moolah, but let's face it: lots of WWE Legends were scum: Hogan, Warrior, Snuka, JBL, etc...

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    They think we're stupid. The whole thing with Stephanie is laughable .

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    I do understand why people complained about Moolah, but let's face it: lots of WWE Legends were scum: Hogan, Warrior, Snuka, JBL, etc...
    Snuka was a murderer and Moolah a sex trafficker. I wouldn't wash them up with anyone else you mentioned. There are assholes and murderers/sex traffickers.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    They think we're stupid. The whole thing with Stephanie is laughable .
    Exactly. It goes to show how out of touch Meekmahan is with his audience and the company's sense of contempt. Plus, trying to make Stephanie the new public face of the company that isn't a wrestler is a fucking joke. BTW, has Linda gotten into any kind of trouble yet?

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    Exactly. It goes to show how out of touch Meekmahan is with his audience and the company's sense of contempt. Plus, trying to make Stephanie the new public face of the company that isn't a wrestler is a fucking joke. BTW, has Linda gotten into any kind of trouble yet?
    They make their money. You might buy a ticket to see Rollins. But Reigns is shoved into the headlined match but they instantly just assume he's a draw.

Everything with Stephanie is a joke. A heel who never really get any kind of payback. Always pops up when there's a first for the women so she can get the credit. It's pathetic but at least they actually focus on women properly now.

I doubt Linda will pop up into anything. She's probably the one qualified person Trump hired to do anything. Probably why she's so under the radar

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Yeah but... I really don't think Linda is that smart. Meanwhile, now that Moolah is out of the picture for WrestleMania (thank you wrestling fans with common sense). I think it's time for the Ultimate Warrior's name from that award he's named after to be DELETED. I'm reading some comments at Cageside and someone posted this excerpt from Bret Hart's book. What I just read is probably one of the most unforgivable acts in humanity. Sure, Hogan and Cena are dicks but at least they took their time to be with children and make them feel better just for a little bit. Warrior.... I hope he is in Hell and is burning there with Moolah. https://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/20...sues#467192575

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Warrior.... I hope he is in Hell and is burning there with Moolah.
    That is some embarrassing shit to type out my dude. And I would most certainly not question anyone's smartness in the same paragraph I'm writing some mental things like that.

On to the actual topic, I wouldn't be completely against cleaning the house, but that would include getting rid of people like Austin and Flair for example, and that suddenly wouldn't be so cool with many of the fans. If a wife beater can be in the hall of fame and return to the Raw celebration show in the midst of the women's revolution, then a trophy can be named after a jackass like Warrior. But most certainly, none of them did anything that would warrant them to burn in hell.

Side note: Bret Hart has to be the most insufferable person to read or listen to. I do not question the guy's honesty, but man, if depression could materialize as a human being, then it would be him. The more interviews I watched with him, the more it became obvious that to himself, he was basically the God of wrestling, and (almost) everyone else was out to get him or sabotage him. But when he caused the screwjob to happen with his pettiness, that was totally okay in his mind, and once again, he was the victim.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    went to the house show at MSG last night. good times. an early 2 year anniversary gift for my GF, our first date was a house show at MSG. decent card, but you can tell they were playing it safe to protect themselves for Wrestlemania. fair enough.

my first MSG house show was back in November 97, and it was after Survivor Series I believe. Bret vs Shawn was advertised, but that obviously didn't happen. I distinctly remember starting a "We Want Bret" chant with my cousin and his friend, and within a minute the entire arena was chanting it. It pissed Shawn off, and he started twirling his fingers like he was conducting an orchestra. And he almost lost to the Brooklyn Brawler!

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Didn't know all that about Warrior. Damn. I know Heenan always hated him. So warrior's laughing at his cancer was probably a "fuck you too".

If I were Bret, I'd probably be bitter too. He lost his career and everything because of one reckless kick in a place he hated working. He got dealt a bad hand and should never have gone to WCW. But, shit happens. While a lot of what he says can be tiresome, i can't blame him for what's he been through and why he is the way he is now.

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    From what I've heard, he's always been a loner and a big mark for himself. None of which are necessarily bad, but you have to have a tough skin then. I really hate how Bret lashes out on many people such as the Kliq for being unprofessional and pissing in the face of traditional wrestling, while he was absolutely at fault before the events of Montreal. There is no "but but but BUT he was going to drop the belt on Raw!!! You are on your way out, you had your reign, you pass the torch. If they tell you to do it in front of a home crowd, then you do it there.

Sure, that kick was unfortunate, and the death of Owen too, but... it's just not healthy to live this way.

As for Warrior, I disliked him before that story about that kid, and I dislike him just the same. But don't act like it was some big deal. Absolutely ridiculous how certain wrestlers LITERALLY murdered other people, and we try to wish-wash them together with Warrior who apparently did not give a shit about a dying fan of his. Boo-ho; major dick move, but who cares. His racist and homophobic PUBLIC remarks on the other hand... yeah.

Personally, I am fine with presenting an award as the persona of Ultimate Warrior, lots of kids had him as their favorite, so even if he let down that one, poor, dying kid (who probably had tears in his eyes, let's add to the drama, shall we?), he inspired thousands of others. I am also fine with shunning him for the shitty and bigoted person he was. But we should really decide what to do with the generic 80s shitheads, because this can get real ridiculous quite fast.

My 5 cents is that they were different times, so acting all mighty over some short-sighted wrestlers in the 80s does not achieve a single thing. Not Andre, not Rick Flair, nor Ultimate Warrior are the reason that there are still racist and homophobic people out there. It's also non-comparable to wrestlers who ruined other people's lives. But if we want to weed out this stuff, then get rid of the likes of Austin. Eject him from the HoF, take away his podcasts, and no more TV appearances or stunners.Or, alternatively, resurrect Snuka, and have him and Austin announce the participants of the Moolah Battle Royal - that'd be something!
    Last edited by Volband; 03-17-2018 at 12:20 PM.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Welp, I can confirm James Ellsworth is 100% a cunt.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xfocalinx View Post
    Elaborate.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    What did he do?

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GavinCollins420 View Post
    Elaborate.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk
    What did he do?

Well, last night was the show mentioned before of Ellsworth vs Gillberg. Gillberg is one of the nicest dudes in the world..He knows his role..he was never a star, he was an attraction. Ellsworth 100% believes he's a star. He went over his time given for a promo, said something VERY not PG at a family friendly company and had no remorse for it. My buddy (Ring announcer) said he walked over to him and said "should I not have said that?" my buddy said "I dunno man, probably not.." Ellsworth said "oh..WELL I DID IT ANYWAY." He also went over to my friend's merch table and completely messed their display all up when they weren't there..dude was just a genuine douchebag.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    What a fucking dick. I hope Gillberg kicks his fucking ass and then the rest of the boys and girls including you beat the fuck out of him in the back. Yeah, he may have made it to the WWE but in the indies. We don't give a fuck about that.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    What a fucking dick. I hope Gillberg kicks his fucking ass and then the rest of the boys and girls including you beat the fuck out of him in the back. Yeah, he may have made it to the WWE but in the indies. We don't give a fuck about that.
    Duane is legit one of the nicest guys I've ever met. The match was good, Gillberg looked great! Unfortunately these things happen in pro-wrestling..I think he knows his run has a short shelf life and he's insecure about it and he's trying to make the most of it all.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Duane is legit one of the nicest guys I've ever met. The match was good, Gillberg looked great! Unfortunately these things happen in pro-wrestling..I think he knows his run has a short shelf life and he's insecure about it and he's trying to make the most of it all.
    This is why I hope Gillberg and Barry Horowitz get some induction at a real Wrestling Hall of Fame as they were jobbers that made a difference.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    This is why I hope Gillberg and Barry Horowitz get some induction at a real Wrestling Hall of Fame as they were jobbers that made a difference.
    Gillberg actually helped me break up a fight with Heidenreich and his tour manager last year at wrestlecon..as Dan severn and Ken shamrock watched.

the two smallest dudes holding back heidenreich is still hilarious to me.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Wow. He always came off so humble in interviews. Not all are winners...

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Maybe Ellsworth is doing his heel act and it got out of hand?
    But i can believe the guy is full of himself,

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Man, now he’s fighting Matt Riddle at Joey Janella’s Spring Break 2. Check the thread, I’ve never liked Ellsworth. I think you’re right, though, and his hot streak will burnout quickly.

From what I was able to see, RAW looked decent last night. Ultimate Deletion was fun. Will we see the brief return of Husky Harris?

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Wow. He always came off so humble in interviews. Not all are winners...
    Probably because his interviews are in the public eye and usually done by someone more famous than him. Where, a small indy show he can get away with more, cause other than Him, Gillberg, Honky Tonk Man, and Sam Adonis of CMLL, there weren't too many 'names'

Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    Maybe Ellsworth is doing his heel act and it got out of hand?
    But i can believe the guy is full of himself,
    It's entirely possible he cannot separate the attraction from the man.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    So... ummmm.... they cleared Daniel Bryan today.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    I saw that, i guess his Wrestlemania match is imminent

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Of course, I immediately assumed someone was trolling. Then Twitter started going off. But yeah, no way he doesn't work mania.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    It should be Bryan vs. Zayn/Owens. Keep Shane out of the match. After Bryan beats the shit out of both of them. He should interrupt the Brock-Reigns match and beat the shit out of both of them as a major fuck you to Meekmahan for not booking the WrestleMania 31 main event we should've had in.... Brock vs. Bryan. That was the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ match.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I'm more curious on if he's full time again or not. He's definitely teaming with Shane for sure. They actually got me wanting to watch tonight.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I'm more curious on if he's full time again or not. He's definitely teaming with Shane for sure. They actually got me wanting to watch tonight.
    Yeah but I hope he turns on Shane after he beats Owens and Zayn because if there's one thing Bryan has been aware of. Never trust a Meekmahan or anyone who says "best for business".