Page 62 of 160 FirstFirst ... 12 52 60 61 62 63 64 72 112 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,860 of 4778

Thread: Controversial Nine Inch Nails opinions

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Speaking of the look, I think he looks the worst during the TPD era, for example this photo https://40.media.tumblr.com/0bd2505c...2zfgo1_500.jpg . His face + hair seriously look like those of an alcoholic or a junkie... thank God he's who he is now.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Separate topic for Trent's looks, maybe?

(proposing for selfish reason - so I can never visit it and avoid feeling super weird lol)

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    I'll disagree, on both accounts, but specifically the HM comment. Just listen to All Time Low for how far Trent reaches to rhyme.
    I'm sure that was deliberate — the song is sarcastic as hell and he's singing that way for effect. I know some people hate on Capital G for the same reason, but I see these songs as a small window into his sense of humor.

HEY EVERYTHING IS NOT O-KAY

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    TPD Trent looks awesome
    Agreed. The first pics of Trent that I ever saw were some of these:

And I thought that he always had that look and that he looked pretty great tbh, after a while (I had no access to the internet, just to some rock magazines) I learnt that this look was just for the TPD's era, but it has always been among my favorites for TR.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Google search "Trent Reznor Zorro"

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AMBFCHD View Post
    Speaking of the look, I think he looks the worst during the TPD era, for example this photo https://40.media.tumblr.com/0bd2505c...2zfgo1_500.jpg . His face + hair seriously look like those of an alcoholic or a junkie... thank God he's who he is now.
    I agree. I am not a fan of the TPD era look. To me, he looks like the creepy uncle that you have invite your family functions.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    That photo is kind of creepy but I thought he pulled it off well in the video.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pillfred View Post
    That photo is kind of creepy but I thought he pulled it off well in the video.
    This one? lolz I might have to change my avatar again

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I really hope the next NIN album is good. It pains me to see how ridiculed Trent's become in certain circles.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by L'Acephale View Post
    I really hope the next NIN album is good. It pains me to see how ridiculed Trent's become in certain circles.
    ...is that controversial? Are most people saying "I hope it's fucking shit"

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    ...is that controversial? Are most people saying "I hope it's fucking shit"
    Plenty of fans wouldn't mind if it sounded like Hesitation Marks...

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Having not seen any recent billpulsipher posts, it's nice to see that someone will always fill that void.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Ah.

I wonder if Trent can survive his insulated, no-critical-feedback-required period?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Ah.

I wonder if Trent can survive his insulated, no-critical-feedback-required period?
    So you're not going to comment on people's reaction to your stupid opinion that Trent 'caused' Al Jourgenson to relapse then?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    So you're not going to comment on people's reaction to your stupid opinion that Trent 'caused' Al Jourgenson to relapse then?
    Sure will.

Al was clean, then he began hanging around Trent again, for the sake of a bad side-project. All of Al's ex-roadies blame Trent for Al's relapse.

... You were saying?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Sure will.

Al was clean, then he began hanging around Trent again, for the sake of a bad side-project. All of Al's ex-roadies blame Trent for Al's relapse.

... You were saying?
    You said you weren't old enough to even know nineties bands, dark side of the spoon was 99, what did someone whisper this in your ear when you were in your pram!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Sure, I'm not some faggoth who was dancing to "Closer" when Kaycee Kasum was spinning it regularly. And I'm not a coke-bottle-glassed devotee of neo-NIN.

I like good music.

What's your point?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Sure, I'm not some faggoth who was dancing to "Closer" when Kaycee Kasum was spinning it regularly. And I'm not a coke-bottle-glassed devotee of neo-NIN.

I like good music.

What's your point?
    I was asking where you got all that info about Al's relapse then you start going on about fag goths whatever that is, to deflect.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Two different ex-Ministry roadies, both of whom claimed at separate times, and without prompting, that Poppy Trent gave Uncle Al his first taste in over a year rounabout 2000.

That's all you get. I'm not about to open myself up to a lawsuit from Trent fucking Reznor.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Two different ex-Ministry roadies, both of whom claimed at separate times, and without prompting, that Poppy Trent gave Uncle Al his first taste in over a year rounabout 2000.

That's all you get. I'm not about to open myself up to a lawsuit from Trent fucking Reznor.
    Why don't you go and respond to vic in the Marilyn Manson thread who gave quite a heartfelt response to your posts?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Someone doesn't like the fact that Marilyn Manson still has fans after Poppy Trent has been declared the be-all, end-all of 90s industrial (or 'alternative' altogether - as if Billy Corgan has not always been better than Poppy Trent).

By the way, Kris? Why don't.you just stop posting at PM?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Someone doesn't like the fact that Marilyn Manson still has fans after Poppy Trent has been declared the be-all, end-all of 90s industrial (or 'alternative' altogether - as if Billy Corgan has not always been better than Poppy Trent).

You're just so transparent in your attempts to rile people up, it just ceases to have any riling effect. There have always been crossover Manson / NIN fans. Billy corgan is better than NIN - ooh, burn, who gives a fuck? Plenty of people here love the Smashing Pumpkins, and I've always hated the idea of music being this big competitive thing, I think music should bring people together
    Last edited by WorzelG; 01-03-2015 at 02:50 AM.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Because I'm still a fan of Marilyn Manson, and Vic actually gave you a really good response. I thought it was a good read, and I also happened to agree with it and see where Vic was coming from. I might take some breaks from Provider Module though, but I don't know about leaving altogether just yet, or even here for that matter.

http://www.echoingthesound.org/commu...434#post233434

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    No, if I have a flag to carry, it's Ministry.

My list is like this:

1. Ministry
    2. Marilyn Manson
    3. Skinny Puppy

4. The Spooky Kids
    5. Smashing Pumpkins
    6. NIN

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    No, Kris, that is a bad - because apologetic - response.

Manson hardly mentions Trent in The Long Hard Road Out Of Hell outside of the production of ACSS, save to say that Trent stopped returning his calls. If that hurt Trent's rock star ego, boo hoo, maybe he ought to be more responsible.

As for the rest, Trent wanted the follow-up to ACSS to be heavy industrial rock. Manson - and Corgan, and the Dust Brothers, and every other party involved - disagreed. For fuck's sake, when I talked to Steve Albini, he though Manson was a poseur and a rip-off, but "the best thhing he ever did was get away from Trent".

NOBODY likes Reznor. And there are reasons why.
    Last edited by L'Acephale; 01-03-2015 at 03:54 AM.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    No, Kris, that is a bad - because apologetic - response.

Manson hardly mentions Trent in The Long Hard Road Out Of Hell outside of the production of ACSS, save to say that Trent stopped returning his calls. If that hurt Trent's rock star ego, boo hoo, maybe he ought to be more responsible.

As for the rest, Trent wanted the follow-up to ACSS to be heavy industrial rock. Manson - and Corgan, and the Dust Brothers, and every other party involved - disagreed. For fuck's sake, when I talked to Steve Albini, he though Manson was a poseur and a rip-off, but "the best thhing he ever did was get away from Trent".

NOBODY likes Reznor. And there are reasons why.
    You keep fixating on a time where Trent is the first to admit that he was an alcoholic, addict and in a pretty awful state of mind. From his getting clean on he's pretty much widely loved by those he's worked with and has made amends with plenty of old coworkers; Chris Vrenna, Richard Patrick, Robin Finck, Charlie Clouser, Danny Lohner, etc. He's continued working with Alan Moulder, and has seemed to really befriend those he works with now. You're talking about a guy who doesn't exist anymore, and it's absurd to judge someone roughly 20 years later and no longer under the influence of hardcore addictions. You seem so set on painting Trent in a bad light and shit-talking NIN, I've not seen one positive post that wasn't somehow backhanded. Why are you even on here? You won't change anyone's mind about Trent Reznor, and believe it or not a lot of people who are members of the most popular NIN forum are, gosh, fans of NIN.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Basically, I'm on here because I'm a Manson fan, and I'm a Manson fan because I adore Ministry, whether they be synthpop or thrash at any given moment. I also like The Sisters Of Mercy, and Abecedarians, and Triomie 21, and a hundrend other dark-n-spooky bands that existed before Nine Inch Nails were s twinkle in Big Poppa Pump's eye.

Kinda hard to avoid, in that situation, like the ancient fundamentalist Christian uncle at Thanksgiving.

Basically, I don't love NIN, but it'd be nice for the NINies to admit that (A) Trent Reznor is not a latter-day Mozart, and (B) Trent Reznor is closer, so to speak, to a modern Goblin than to a modern Tangerine Dream insofar as his scoring is concerned.

It is the collective egotism I loathe.
    Last edited by L'Acephale; 01-03-2015 at 04:37 AM.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Then stay away from a site devoted to being a NIN fan? I hate most Manson fans, so I avoid Provider Module like a bad case of herpes. If you know you dislike NIN fans and NIN itself then why waste your time making yourself upset?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Nah. There's no bug spray to keep you folks away, so I don't know why I ought to keep my distance.

Did you know Trent sucked rod in a telephone booth on The Fragility 2.0 tour in Philly?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    By the way, we all know Marilyn Manson sucks (And lol, Trent both simultaneously created and had nothing to do with him, somehow). But did you know Mariqueen Magabella Abzug is amazing, and no nepotism at all was involved in the making of How To Destroy Angels? That's how they headlined Coachella on the strength of a demo.
    Last edited by L'Acephale; 01-03-2015 at 05:48 AM.