Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Killswitch Engage

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Killswitch Engage

With the original vocalist back in the line up, all I can hope for and a lot of other fans is more promise... hopefully. I never really cared for Howard Jones, and his whaling vocals were really hard to listen to at times. He wasn't horrible, but he never came close in my opinion to what Jesse Leach had in store with Alive or just Breathing. I am a fan of some of their newer material, but when I heard the news about Jesse coming back I went back and listened to this album again and I forgot how much I loved it. Hopefully they can capture some of the great elements they had from that album. Any fans?

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I only liked The End of Heartache.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    I only liked My Last Serenade. Recently tried to give Alive Or Just Breathing a spin, but couldn't get past the schlocky ballads.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    riiiiiiiiiight aggroculture...riiiiiiiight.

anyway, everyone knows Alive or Just Breathing is their best release. not even close. Heaviest, more thoughtful lyrics...just crushing throughout. VERY excited for this reunion. He said in an interview that he'll be singing some Howard songs, but i hope its no more than 3 or so, otherwise ill be bummed. I wanna hear alot of Alive... material, and whatever new material they come up with.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    riiiiiiiiiight aggroculture...riiiiiiiight.

anyway, everyone knows Alive or Just Breathing is their best release. not even close. Heaviest, more thoughtful lyrics...just crushing throughout. VERY excited for this reunion. He said in an interview that he'll be singing some Howard songs, but i hope its no more than 3 or so, otherwise ill be bummed. I wanna hear alot of Alive... material, and whatever new material they come up with.
    The lyrics are wayy better. I mean everything is better, but the lyrics you can tell are pretty heart driven. When I heard the announcement I was very surprised since Jesse has like two other bands or something like that. Even if he sang some of Howards songs, they would sound ten times better anyway. I cannot wait since I got into them about 2 years after Alive came out, so seeing them live and hearing the old material is very intriguing.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    you're in for a treat. i saw them twice or 3 times when Jesse was in the band, and they were very good, if a little sloppy. Empire Shall Fall or whatever just put out a statement that basically said they're on a hiatus bc of all the KSE stuff.

i REALLY hope Howard can get the Blood has Been Shed guys together and they finally put out more material & tour now. that'd be amazing.
    Last edited by bobbie solo; 02-11-2019 at 02:47 AM.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    i REALLY hope Howard can get the Blood has Been Shed guys together and they finally put out more material & tour now. that'd be amazing.
    Woww you totally reminded me of Howards old band. They had some brutal songs from what I heard.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    This Is Confrontation is the first demo released from the new Jesse Leach sessions. Man, why didn't they do this a longgg time ago? Sounds like they went right back to the Alive or just Breathing days. I cannot wait for the finished product! New album is titled ​Disarm the Decent.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    I heard Jesse was back and pulled out the original ST disc and Alive Or Just Breathing and had a massive nostalgia fest. Those two albums were huge for me 10 years ago. Completely lost interest after Jesse left, though.

This new demo is ok. I see he's trying to please all the Howard fans by trying to imitate him. I could do without that.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    I heard Jesse was back and pulled out the original ST disc and Alive Or Just Breathing and had a massive nostalgia fest. Those two albums were huge for me 10 years ago. Completely lost interest after Jesse left, though.

This new demo is ok. I see he's trying to please all the Howard fans by trying to imitate him. I could do without that.
    So did I. I mean The End of Heartache had some good songs on it, but overall I feel they lost that core sound they did so well with Jesse. But how do you see him imitating Howard? His screams sound a tad different, but the melody sounds just like the Alive or Just Breathing days. Plus this is just a leaked demo, not a finished product.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    New album is streaming here.... shit is it good.

http://www.altpress.com/news/entry/e...rm_the_descent

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    ^^^ will be checking this out after work. I just saw them 3 weeks ago and damn they were in top form. Jesse nails it live, Howard's songs and all. We also got to meet Adam before the show, guy is super cool.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Holy shit, loving it so far. YEEEESSSSS

I was worried since I hated the last killswitch cd. That album was pretty blah and sounded like utter shit on top of that. Will be jamming this for a bit.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spiralout View Post
    ^^^ will be checking this out after work. I just saw them 3 weeks ago and damn they were in top form. Jesse nails it live, Howard's songs and all. We also got to meet Adam before the show, guy is super cool.
    Nice to hear that they are playing good live because I am looking forward to seeing them for the first time and with their proper frontman in my opinion. Jesse just brings a whole different aura to the band and a more bad-ass approach. The only material I really liked from Howard was The End Of Heartache.. but nothing ever lived up to Alive Or Just Breathing... that album is fucking gold.

But for me, this is just what the band needed to do by bringing Jesse back and just by listening to this album.. the band has it's swagger back.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Alive or Just Breathing was such a huge album for me back in the day, but I never got into the Howard stuff, so I'm really enjoying this album. Sounds like the long awaited sequel that we all wanted.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

Re: Killswitch Engage

End of heartache was great. Everything they put out after till now was hit or miss.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    End of heartache was great. Everything they put out after till now was hit or miss.
    Agreed, I loved that album. A few tracks off As Daylight Dies are good too.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Yea, they're are some pretty good songs on The End Of Heartache and As Daylight Dies, but TEOH the songs start out strong and fade out reallllly fast for me. As for ADD, it is just hit or miss. Howard's melody is just very hard to listen to sometimes for me since he sounds like dying horse; Jesse is just all emotion to me.

AOJB will always be there masterpiece, but this album starts right where the band left off when Jesse left. I also like the No End In Sight demo better for some reason.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    They are on the bill with Anthrax next year, so I'm going to check them out. As Daylight Dies is the place to start, from what I gather?

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    no, Alive or Just Breathing is where to start. It's their best album, heavy as fuck and they will plenty a good mount of it guaranteed. Newest album will get at least 3 or 4 slots in their set too.

THE TIME APPROACHES

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    As much as I have enjoyed metalcore throughout the years, Killswitch has always fallen flat for me.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    I really thought they were going in the right direction after Jesse came back, and how Disarm the Descent sounded... but the new album I find very, very generic. They put on one hell of a live show.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    I really thought they were going in the right direction after Jesse came back, and how Disarm the Descent sounded... but the new album I find very, very generic. They put on one hell of a live show.
    Madness!

That first riff though! Solid riffage/mosh part, and then the circle pit part after that? And then a huge hook. Get into it!

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Devil Wears Prada Wil be opening the Anthrax/Killswitch Engage tour. The two headliners will alternate opening/closing.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)

Vein opening this tour most dates sold it for me. I will stomach Parkway Drive's newer buttrock material & wait for their good, moshy metalcore stuff b/c of the other three bands.
    Last edited by bobbie solo; 02-11-2019 at 02:54 AM.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Also, got this up on the wall recently:

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    That admat is awful.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tomorrow night in NYC! Psyched out of my mind for this bill. Sucks that PWD is only playing 3 good (old) songs.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Took some video of KSE, PWD & AtB as well as Vein's full set that I already posted:

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    new song came out today:

big meh.

But the last new song they released a few weeks ago is excellent: