Page 28 of 44 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 ... LastLast

Thread: The COVID-19 coping thread

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    I've discovered people on YouTube scamming scammers. This is some of the most entertaining stuff i've ever watched. Kitboga on YT, his videos/streams are just great! It also helps he is absolutely wasting the time of these arseholes!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    had an extremely productive music day.

wrote lyrics & recorded vocals for 2 of the 3 songs on an upcoming split with the guy who mixed my next album. they were all originally going to be instrumental (they're filled with dialogue samples) but something struck me. turned out great.

he and i are also starting a post-punk-ish band (with another one of his regular collaborators) and i did bass & drums for a potential song for that.

AND (based on a half-joke by a friend on twitter) i did all the music for a doom-metal cover of "without you i'm nothing" by placebo. my friend is going to do vocals (which i'm very excited about because i've been trying to get them to sing on my stuff all year haha).

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post

https://tfanpresents.bandcamp.com/al...on-four-houses

the four-way split i'm on is out this friday (which is another bandcamp day). all money goes to the Chicago Community Bond Fund.

i mixed everything but the Wyeth tracks and i'm really proud of that, as well as the two songs i contributed. very excited for this to be released.
    turns out there are two pages for this thing?

Buy Digital Album £666 GBP
    and I was like 'tf is this' but then I saw this tiny disclaimer further down the page:
    Price is set at £666 to encourage you to visit the actual release via The Forest At Night:
    tfanpresents.bandcamp.com/album/a-plague-upon-four-houses
    oh ok then. lol

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    turns out there are two pages for this thing?

and I was like 'tf is this' but then I saw this tiny disclaimer further down the page:

oh ok then. lol
    yeah that was karnstein's way of having it on their bandcamp but discouraging people from buying it anywhere but the main release page on TFAN.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

if y'all need something to do today to distract you from the world, my new album is streaming in full over at Astral Noize

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Looks like our province is going ahead with a type of 2-week lockdown... I'm not sure what they enacting will be enough but it's better than nothing.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
    Looks like our province is going ahead with a type of 2-week lockdown... I'm not sure what they enacting will be enough but it's better than nothing.
    yeah, chicago is going into some kind of lockdown again. stay safe, friend <3

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    It's basically the same nonsense they're doing in BC for the next 2 weeks, which is nothing.
    No dance classes, No alcohol sales past 10pm, nobody hangs out with anyone outside of their household no matter what for the next 2 weeks.
    Nobody is gonna listen. How do you enforce that?

Schools should go back to online learning for the winter again.

Today, Trudeau said no x-mas gatherings this year, and everyone lost their shit saying he is the worst Prime Minister of all time. Why? because he fucking cares about people's health.
    I am sick and tired of all these covidiots that think it's a joke. All the comments on that article were "fuck him! We're gonna have the biggest x-mas we have ever had!" and this is why this virus will never end. It's like that bloody lamb chop play along song. It goes on and on forever.

They need to lock us down all in or nothing. Go all in or nothing. I haven't gone anywhere or seen anyone since March. So, I've basically been living the lockdown life style since the first one.
    If I can do it for 10 months, I'm sure people can survive a 4-6 week lockdown. It's fuckin' winter time... where are people going? It's cold and miserable outside.
    I'd be happy to have a forced lockdown to not go outside in that shit lol.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    It's basically the same nonsense they're doing in BC for the next 2 weeks, which is nothing.
    No dance classes, No alcohol sales past 10pm, nobody hangs out with anyone outside of their household no matter what for the next 2 weeks.
    Nobody is gonna listen. How do you enforce that?

Schools should go back to online learning for the winter again.

Today, Trudeau said no x-mas gatherings this year, and everyone lost their shit saying he is the worst Prime Minister of all time. Why? because he fucking cares about people's health.
    I am sick and tired of all these covidiots that think it's a joke. All the comments on that article were "fuck him! We're gonna have the biggest x-mas we have ever had!" and this is why this virus will never end. It's like that bloody lamb chop play along song. It goes on and on forever.

They need to lock us down all in or nothing. Go all in or nothing. I haven't gone anywhere or seen anyone since March. So, I've basically been living the lockdown life style since the first one.
    If I can do it for 10 months, I'm sure people can survive a 4-6 week lockdown. It's fuckin' winter time... where are people going? It's cold and miserable outside.
    I'd be happy to have a forced lockdown to not go outside in that shit lol.
    same here. a total lockdown is necessary to combat this because too many people still aren't taking it seriously. and what does that mean? stimulus checks/rent relief. but our government is too fucking inept and without proper conscience to do that because everyone bows down to capitalism. makes me fucking sick.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    I let my daughter play with the little girls who live next door yesterday. They got covid tests on Saturday out of precaution to see their family for thanksgiving and one of them got a positive result last night. I feel like a dumbass because I didn't make her wear a mask at first. They came over with masks on so I asked her if she wanted one and she said no. She put one on later when they went to their backyard because I told her its the right thing to do. We've been doing outdoor play without masks for a few months now. The mom said a contact tracer will be contacting me and we will get tested in a few days. I'm scared because I am always the one who gets sick in our house. I was sick for 6 weeks in January and February and I was thinking that was covid.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Coming out of a 4 day manic depressive episode triggered by the latest wave of cases in KC and the fact that I know now currently over 10 people who have it. This was by far the worst and roughest one I've had yet during the pandemic. I basically starved myself for 4 days straight and am JUST now able to choke down some bread.

Fucking hell man. Please just reach out to your friends just to say hey. There's a lot of us out there that might feel like we won't be alive to see Biden get inaugurated, even though that sounds so fucking stupid.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    Coming out of a 4 day manic depressive episode triggered by the latest wave of cases in KC and the fact that I know now currently over 10 people who have it. This was by far the worst and roughest one I've had yet during the pandemic. I basically starved myself for 4 days straight and am JUST now able to choke down some bread.

Fucking hell man. Please just reach out to your friends just to say hey. There's a lot of us out there that might feel like we won't be alive to see Biden get inaugurated, even though that sounds so fucking stupid.
    :: hug :: will make sure to message you on IG <3 hope you start feeling better soon. i know exactly what it's like.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    this is funny, but it really isn't at all.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    tuesday was sarah's last day of work and now she's off for baby time. due date is next wednesday.

since tuesday night, after every meal i've eaten (and i've eaten plenty of different things), my stomach (and my whole abdomen) have been hurting, i've been getting dizzy, and my limbs all feel noodly. i'm supposed to be getting things done before the baby comes and i've barely been able to do anything. it's horrible, and i feel horrible and useless and guilty.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    @eversonpoe
    Hey, best wishes. Just try to do your best, be present, be there for your partner. You got this.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Translated from German apparently.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Coping by listening to a copious amount of Enigma today.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Coping by listening to a copious amount of Enigma today.
    i'd also recommend some Sandra if you're feeling dancey. she does vocals on some Enigma songs (i'm sure you already know this) and i think was dating/is married to one of the members of enigma. i tend to prefer her music because it's definitely more on the fun side. "maria magdalena" is a particular favorite.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    it's really weird being in a hospital right now with a brand new baby while all this is going on

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    it's really weird being in a hospital right now with a brand new baby while all this is going on
    We had the same experience back in mid-March... things weren't nearly as bad back then, but right as shit started getting locked down it was bizarre to say the least. I'm pretty lucky to even have been allowed in the delivery room.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    It's becoming more difficult to cope. Or perhaps more difficult to hide. Family members are dying. Not immediate family, but it's getting closer. Local grocery store where I shop had a case so they closed for a week. Small vet clinic we use had a case so they closed for awhile. None of this happened in the spring during the surge. Yet people seem oddly calm and yet perhaps even nonplussed.

Everyone here wears masks for everything. And I decided to up my mask game by using N95 whenever I go out in public. I already have the N95 masks for construction work. Just did not want to use them in public (until now) because people are so dang quick to draw conclusions and judge me. Like I am some sort of cretin because I use an N95 in public. Well fuck them. I would rather stay alive.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Well... we're in a our city localized state of emergency now. That's fine.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    I seriously hope all you American's on this board stayed safe and responsible this Thanksgiving...

I keep seeing photos and videos online how basically all of America said "Fuck it" and just gathered for Thanksgiving...

I sometimes get the feeling and my girlfriend and I are the only people still isolating at home in the whole planet.
    Seriously... all over instagram, people who have been responsible up until now are sharing giant family gatherings with themselves and loved ones.
    Not cool, planet earth. Not cool.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    I stayed the fuck home. I mean, I hate holiday travel, but yeah. I would have stayed my ass home either way.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    The day after a safe and contained Thanksgiving at my mother-in-law's house - we share baby-sitting duties of the nephew/grandkid so we're cross-contaminated regardless - we get news that a co-worker of the uncle tested positive. Jesus on a Bicycle.

Said uncle is getting tested today so we'll find out just how exposed we were then. Great fun.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    We're sitting on the cusp of 100,000 cases here in KC and my stupid fucking college bro neighbors are throwing ANOOOOOTHER huge ass party. Called the local hotline where we are supposed to report shit like this and was told 4 hours from now they'll get someone out. ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?!? This is why we're almost to 100,000 here.