Page 109 of 137 FirstFirst ... 9 59 99 107 108 109 110 111 119 ... LastLast
Results 3,241 to 3,270 of 4096

Thread: The Marvel Thread - Multiverses and other Shenanigans

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    A verified Eternals synopsis is floating around. If you weren't interested before, it's not going to change anything.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    quoting from reddit
    Did everyone else read this plot leak and still not know what the Fuck this movie is even about?
    same, and I'm not going to jump between wiki articles to figure out who's who.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Yup, I was feeling both confused and disappointed. With movies like these I'm more looking for that broader piece of the puzzle, which isn't here... Maybe the celestials?

It also seems like they're chasing that obscure Guardians of the Galaxy ensemble magic and they just aren't going to get it

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    If Pip really does show up, he better have a cigar damnit. maybe it means we're finally getting to Adam Warlock?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    It also seems like they're chasing that obscure Guardians of the Galaxy ensemble magic and they just aren't going to get it
    This is what I keep thinking too. I will say that I wasn't familiar with Guardians of the Galaxy either (aside from seeing the cover of a few comic books) before seeing that movie in the theater, so I'm hopeful for a similar experience when I do eventually see Eternals. But as of right now, it's not among the top 10 MCU movies I'm most excited to see. The cast does look fairly stacked, though.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    If Pip really does show up, he better have a cigar damnit. maybe it means we're finally getting to Adam Warlock?
    Has Marvel ever left any post-credits scenes left unturned? Maybe that Howard the Duck scene, but I have been waiting for them to finally bring Adam into play; we all know he is out there in his little cocoon. I have a big feeling this next phase is going to blow away what we have received so far.
    Last edited by Self.Destructive.Pattern; 04-01-2021 at 12:35 PM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    remember this important bit of information: tomorrow is April Fool's Day so no matter how much you want to believe something...many MANY grains of salt.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    This is what I keep thinking too. I will say that I wasn't familiar with Guardians of the Galaxy either (aside from seeing the cover of a few comic books) before seeing that movie in the theater, so I'm hopeful for a similar experience when I do eventually see Eternals. But as of right now, it's not among the top 10 MCU movies I'm most excited to see. The cast does look fairly stacked, though.
    I didn't know who they were either, but the combination of a talking, trigger happy raccoon, a then lesser known chris pratt, and most importantly, excited fans made me excited.

Eternals has none of this

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I swear, if Bruce and Sam are fucking around on April Fool's...

Last edited by allegate; 04-01-2021 at 06:00 PM.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    So episode 3 of Falcon and Winter Soldier... quite a snooze, although I really liked Zemo and some backstory on him, eventhough I usually hate Daniel Brühl as much as the fact that for a production like this they didn't even bother to hire German actors for the scenes set in Germany.

I will keep watching in hopes that this will pick up or lead into other interesting territories, but I don't enjoy this show. Thank god US Agent wasn't in this for long...

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    You’ve thoroughly established you don’t like the show. Loud and clear.

(You’re supposed to hate Walker. That’s precisely the intent)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

I don't usually go for these videos but having YouTube on the tv in the living room has helped. or hurt? at any rate it's an interesting conversation piece.

Still can't believe is is only six episodes and we're now halfway through. typical story-structure says the next episode should be where we get something that propels the story forward but WV kind of shoved 'typical' out the window.

All that said I have a niggling fear in the back of my head that this Lethal Weapon-lite is one of those .5 books, the short story you see in a compilation that gives you some information on the larger world but you don't have to have read it when the main book series starts back up again. For example the Tales of Dunk & Egg and the larger ASoIaF series.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    @allegate

Because of the YouTube TV app, my YouTube viewing has shot up. I never really watched it on the phone or computer. I hate watching videos on my computer or phone or tablet. I watch A LOT of YouTube now. Also, some Video due to Patreons I support. There’s lots of great content on YouTube... once you dig through all the garbage.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dlb View Post
    (...) eventhough I usually hate Daniel Brühl (...)
    Whoa wait WHAT? I'd love to know why, especially since I love the man.

Loved this episode. I've always felt that Zemo was the best villain in the MCU. He's just a man, he doesn't have a suit of armor or superpowers and using just his cunning mind, he managed to break up the Avengers. In this episode, everything he told Sam and Bucky was the truth and he's using the truth to thoroughly manipulate them. Zemo is villainiously awesome.

His dancing is atrocious, though.

And that ending; oh dear, oh dear...

Is it weird that I don't care about the identity of the Power Broker?

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    @allegate

Because of the YouTube TV app, my YouTube viewing has shot up. I never really watched it on the phone or computer. I hate watching videos on my computer or phone or tablet. I watch A LOT of YouTube now. Also, some Video due to Patreons I support. There’s lots of great content on YouTube... once you dig through all the garbage.
    exactly the same. If I'm on the computer I'm on it to work.

or...ETS.

whatever. don't judge me!

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marodi View Post
    Whoa wait WHAT? I'd love to know why, especially since I love the man.
    Ever since his first bigger movies here in Germany (Goodbye Lenin!) I always had an issue with him, something subconcious that I really don't like... can't pinpoint it down, but it went through the roof with Inglourious Basterds and manifested itself with interviews and him being a guest in various talk shows here etc. Just a general dislike for the guy.

Here, with Zemo (and to some extent The Alienist) on the other hand I enjoy his role for the first time and I wholeheartedly agree with you. I find the whole Cold War aesthetic of the show quite fascinating, but they don't land it for me, yet Zemo was great in this episode. But I don't want to be too negative here, I'm just wondering how opinions can differ so much eventhough I enjoy the MCU as much as the next guy.

And yes, I share your sentiments with the power broker.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I'm not crazy for the show either, but it has my intrigue as part of the setup for what's coming up in the MCU. So, small picture it's ehh for me, but big picture is "let's see what happens" .

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Spoiler: What an episode! Loved the dynamic between Zemo working with our heroes; didn't see that one coming. We only got one side of Zemo, so seeing him fleshed out more was really neat. His connects, his fighting skills that translate from the comics, and his sweet car lol... I really liked it. Him pretending to control Bucky was genius, and it was cool to see how many people still fear Bucky, but I cannot help but feel for him because he is either used, or just misunderstood at this point. Carter was whatever, but man did she kick ass in this episode. Only 6 episodes, but I like that they are all consistently longer.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Spoiler: I was wondering if she's the Power Broker? You don't see her actually talk to anyone at the party. You do see someone shoot the contact through the window. you then see her shoot the two bounty guys from a window. and the thing where she has a driver-flunky at the end? weird.

the fact that Nemo is sticking around to help out is pretty cool. I kind of figured what Chekhov's gun was going to be for when they introduced it, but the whole "put on mask and proceed to make their day very shitty" bit was pretty great. He's basically the evil Batman, right? super-rich human with zero powers?

yes I know, but that's what my fingers typed out and I'm leaving it.
    Quote Originally Posted by dlb View Post
    Ever since his first bigger movies here in Germany (Goodbye Lenin!) I always had an issue with him, something subconcious that I really don't like... can't pinpoint it down, but it went through the roof with Inglourious Basterds and manifested itself with interviews and him being a guest in various talk shows here etc. Just a general dislike for the guy.

Here, with Zemo (and to some extent The Alienist) on the other hand I enjoy his role for the first time and I wholeheartedly agree with you. I find the whole Cold War aesthetic of the show quite fascinating, but they don't land it for me, yet Zemo was great in this episode. But I don't want to be too negative here, I'm just wondering how opinions can differ so much eventhough I enjoy the MCU as much as the next guy.

And yes, I share your sentiments with the power broker.
    No I get it. He has a very strong resting bitch face.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Yeah, I get it too. I've seen this happen with Quėbėcois actors too.

However this guy is still the king of resting bitch faces:

I bet he could even stare down Bucky.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Spoiler: I was wondering if she's the Power Broker?

Spoiler: I was thinking the same thing. The Power Broker in the comics is a well established character, along with after he exposes himself to his own serum, he needs aid just to move, so I can see them maybe humanizing him/her more. Or she could just hold more info she isn't telling them since according to her, she has been in Madripoor this entire Time. Unless she is doing some sort of undercover thingy to trick the other side.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    What makes Loki such a great character is that Hiddleston is his number one fan. Oh and Mobius, of course you can totally trust Loki. *wink wink*

This is going to be so much fun.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Loki looks like a LOT of fun! I was excited for it before this new trailer, but now I'm VERY excited for it!

Re: Falcon and the Winter Soldier, I've really enjoyed every episode so far (I love both main characters), but I do think it needs to pick up a little in the next episode. Spoiler: And I agree that Sharon Carter is usually kinda "eh" as a character (especially without Cap), but she definitely kicked ass in her brutal fight scene! It was surprisingly violent (in a good way) for a show on Disney+ and reminded me a bit of John Wick when she stabbed a guy with his own knife and then threw it through another guy's arm, then stabs two more guys, uses a guy as a human shield, and shots a guy point-blank in the face. I love the serious weight of the fight scenes in this (again, it the same vein as the fight scenes in Captain America: The Winter Soldier). Looking forward to more of Zemo (with his mask!) and his eventual/inevitable betrayal. I wish he were the focus rather than the Flag Smashers, who I find much less interesting, but I suppose they needed a reason/threat big enough to break Zemo out of prison (or allow him to escape).

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I love that the Korg Volca Keys is featured in the Loki trailer...

*This is not a joke

Is it used as an interrogation device? Or does the interrogator like to make some noises on his lunch break?
    Last edited by neorev; 04-05-2021 at 03:46 PM.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    if they were gonna make owen wilson look like weird paul f tompkins...why not just get paul f tompkins?

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Haha thank you! Don't even get me started! Maybe that's why I enjoy the mask so much!

Loki looks like super fun indeed! Very much looking forward to that one and how it will eventually tie into some of the upcoming MCU stuff. Owen Wilson strangely reminded me of Howard Stark at first, but I see that he's playing a very different character. Him and John Slatery just look very similar in that wig and mustache somehow.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    So yeah, Marvel got us covered! #ReleaseTheZemoCut

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    good episode.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse will be going to Netflix!
    Netflix just inked a multiyear deal for post-VOD streaming rights for Sony feature films starting 2022

See Netflix thread for more details
    Last edited by neorev; 04-09-2021 at 01:01 PM.