Thread: Comics!!!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    Funny that i actually been enjoying "Secret Wars" (the main series)
    I was reading this too, then I decided to backtrack and read the whole lot of Hickman's Avengers run. It's pretty sprawling and, um, expansive I guess. But I'm enjoying it OK. Will go back to Secret Wars after that I think.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cicada View Post
    I was reading this too, then I decided to backtrack and read the whole lot of Hickman's Avengers run. It's pretty sprawling and, um, expansive I guess. But I'm enjoying it OK. Will go back to Secret Wars after that I think.
    In my opinion Hickman has great ideas but he can get confusing at times, the "Infinity" crossover is an example: too much happens at the same time and at moments there's too many characters to keep track of everything, he reminds me of Grant Morrison (talented guy but can get confusing at moments).
    The "Incursion" storyline he started in his New Avengers run was neat, but it gets too loaded to keep track of it.
    Secret Wars feels more focused, almost all the main story focuses on Doom and he even shows a human side of him, i thought the story was going to be a complete disaster but i gotta admit i'm enjoying more than hating the story, the only thing i dislike is the insane amount of crossovers but i guess no one is forcing me to read them all...