Page 24 of 37 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 ... LastLast

Thread: COLD and BLACK and INFINITE 2018 - Official Tour Merchandise

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    If anyone at all is willing to pick me up a show print I can PayPal you RIGHT this second. Holy damn. <3

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Foils are gone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by iamdrake View Post
    Foils are gone

So you can buy merch before doors open?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bryan_NIN65 View Post
    So you can buy merch before doors open?
    Yes. It is selling now.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Cool I'll make that my first stop after checking in my room tomorrow and getting a bite to eat.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Soooo...can we all agree that BOTP has won the poster game for Cold and Black and Infinite 2018?

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tonight they only let us get one of each the poster types, no more. Merch did open a little after 5pm. :-)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by m0reta View Post
    Tonight they only let us get one of each the poster types, no more. Merch did open a little after 5pm. :-)

Hah! Those turds knew folks would dig this one. Well-played (but still sad, because they are less likely to show up in the wild for me to purchase.)

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by iamdrake View Post
    So you can buy merch before they scan your ticket. You should be able to run it back to your room I think.

In June that's what I did, with no issues what so ever.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eachpassingphase View Post
    Hah! Those turds knew folks would dig this one. Well-played (but still sad, because they are less likely to show up in the wild for me to purchase.)
    DM BOTP on Instagram. He'll sell you a B/W or foil artist's proof. I've bought a few from him. He's awesome.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_guyet View Post
    DM BOTP on Instagram. He'll sell you a B/W or foil artist's proof. I've bought a few from him. He's awesome.
    Oh yeah. He's also at the show tonight.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_guyet View Post
    How much does he sell them for?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by idioteque... View Post
    How much does he sell them for?
    Hundo fifty for a regular black and white, two and a half bills for a foil.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rubeninphoenix View Post
    Hundo fifty for a regular black and white, two and a half bills for a foil.

150? Jeeze I know artists have to feed themselves and these posters have a big demand but thats just ridiculous. Anyway i’ll pass.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    150? Jeeze I know artists have to feed themselves and these posters have a big demand but thats just ridiculous. Anyway i’ll pass.
    Honestly, better to support the artist than some douchelord on eBay flipping one for 6x as much as they paid for one after the show tonight. But to each their own, amirite?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Honestly, better to support the artist than some douchelord on eBay flipping one for 6x as much as they paid for one after the show tonight. But to each their own, amirite?

Who said I was supporting scalper douches? I don’t even buy concert tickets from scalpers.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

I mean, yeah, absolutely, but when any other artist commissioned on this tour is asking between $30-60 ish for one of their APs, it isn’t unfair to say that’s a bit of a price hike by comparison. I’d 1000000% rather support the artist, but...bro, it’s fucking hard to give support when you want $150 for your standard edition. Then again, at least the price tag will deter those same scalpers from getting his prints directly and THEN flipping them.

For the record, the dude can set any price he wants and if I want it, I’m just gonna have to pay it. Just wish it were a weeee bit more affordable, considering it can be bought in person at the show...for $30. Even if I set up an Instagram and got in touch with the guy, it’ll literally be months before I can justify trying to get one, let alone TWO different prints I’m missing. But what I can and can’t afford isn’t his problem, for sure. He seems like a guy who knows his shit and knows what his art is worth and I can’t fault him for that for a second. It’s actually even respectable, the way he handles distributing his APs. But damn.
    Last edited by ImTheWiseJanitor; 12-01-2018 at 12:55 AM.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Who said I was supporting scalper douches? I don’t even buy concert tickets from scalpers.
    No one said that lol. You're putting words in your own mouth. All I said was it was better to buy directly from the artist than some random asshole that bought it simply to flip it.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTheWiseJanitor View Post
    I mean, yeah, absolutely, but when any other artist commissioned on this tour is asking between $30-60 ish for one of their APs, it isn’t unfair to say that’s a bit of a price hike by comparison. I’d 1000000% rather support the artist, but...bro, it’s fucking hard to give support when you want $150 for your standard edition. Then again, at least the price tag will deter those same scalpers from getting his prints directly and THEN flipping them.

For the record, the dude can set any price he wants and if I want it, I’m just gonna have to pay it. Just wish it were a weeee bit more affordable, considering it can be bought in person at the show...for $30. Even if I set up an Instagram and got in touch with the guy, it’ll literally be months before I can justify trying to get one, let alone TWO different prints I’m missing. But what I can and can’t afford isn’t his problem, for sure. He seems like a guy who knows his shit and knows what his art is worth and I can’t fault him for that for a second. It’s actually even respectable, the way he handles distributing his APs. But damn.
    But does any other artist make prints in the unusual size he does? You have to take into consideration the extra cost of screenprinting a 15" x 36" or whatever the hell size it is that he makes them in.

Also, the artist that did the Atlanta synth cable house and selling them for $500 would like a word.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    But does any other artist make prints in the unusual size he does? You have to take into consideration the extra cost of screenprinting a 15" x 36" or whatever the hell size it is that he makes them in.

Also, the artist that did the Atlanta synth cable house and selling them for $500 would like a word.

Oh believe me, that one hasn’t slipped under my radar, heh. $500 for the whole uncut red variant is insane, but - again, uncut, red variant, limited (also sold out) - they aren’t exactly readily available. Even the standard uncut edition for those two prints was only $200. A lot of his non-concert prints cross the $100 line, and it’s justified. These people are all crazy talented.

I’m not over here trying to say everyone needs to mark their prices down or anything, either. Materials and availability and all those factors all play their role in determining cost. But you can’t say that the nature of this print-collecting market is a real bitch sometimes. If people weren’t such assholes and wanted to turn a profit on something like limited edition art, taking advantage of a fan base of any kind, we would all probably be a little better off for it. (Speaking of course about the scalpers, not the artists!)

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Oh believe me, that one hasn’t slipped under my radar, heh. $500 for the whole uncut red variant is insane, but - again, uncut, red variant, limited (also sold out) - they aren’t exactly readily available. Even the standard uncut edition for those two prints was only $200.
    Let's not also forget that was the "art print" too. It had no mention of NIN on it. At least BOTP's still have the show date and everything on them.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Let's not also forget that was the "art print" too. It had no mention of NIN on it. At least BOTP's still have the show date and everything on them.

Bingo. It’s stuff like that that muddies-up any discussion of trying to set a proper metric for pricing something like art. “Well, this one is smaller, but it has all the show info, but the one with more colors by this other guy is somehow less expensive, this one only has 10 copies in existence, this one has nearly 400 copies and looks great but isn’t selling as well...” Trying to get to the bottom of that business is nigh pointless. End of the day, the artists are generating a product and can absolutely set their own prices for their respective reasons and no one can really tell them otherwise, no different from anyone else who’s making and selling something.

And in short, let’s be honest, if I just made more money I wouldn’t even give a damn either way, heh. It just blows that eventually, any prints I wait to pick up are gonna either gonna be sold out in the artists’s shop, and/or marked up like HELL on eBay after the fact, so it creates this added FOMO that pushes me to want to buy shit I can’t afford. Frustrating as hell.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Bingo. It’s stuff like that that muddies-up any discussion of trying to set a proper metric for pricing something like art. “Well, this one is smaller, but it has all the show info, but the one with more colors by this other guy is somehow less expensive, this one only has 10 copies in existence, this one has nearly 400 copies and looks great but isn’t selling as wel...” Trying to get to the bottom of that business is nigh pointless sometimes. End of the day, the artists are generating a product and can absolutely set their own prices for their respective reasons and no one can really tell them otherwise, no different from anyone else who’s making and selling something.

And in short, let’s be honest, if I just made more money I wouldn’t even give a damn either way, heh. It just blows that eventually, any prints I wait to pick up are gonna either gonna be sold out in the artists’s shop, and/or marked up like HELL on eBay after the fact, so it creates this added FOMO that pushes me to want to buy shit I can’t afford. Frustrating as hell.
    I feel you. I got that Cabeza de Serpiente Mexico City print knowing damn well I didn't really have the budget for it but the fact that there were only 20 APs made me cave.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    I feel you. I got that Cabeza de Serpiente Mexico City print knowing damn well I didn't really have the budget for it but the fact that there were only 20 APs made me cave.

Gaaah, I didn’t even see that those were available! Damn. Same thing happened for me and the Corona Capital AP prints, though. “What’s that? Only five of them are gonna be available?” *wallet screams in pain, begrudgingly manages to buy two* (Don’t worry, one of them isn’t for me, I’d feel too guilty trying to sell that thing for a profit.)

Man, there was a situation with Dave Kloc’s NOLA print from the other night, too. Evidently the site was allowing people to place orders for the foil variant after every copy had been purchased. He had to send an email out asking for volunteers to sacrifice their foil print purchase in exchange for either other prints he’s retained or a refund. I considered taking him up on the offer for the sake of helping with the situation, but...for $55, I couldn’t bring myself to let that foil print go. That thing is an absolute beauty, and I’d rather he get my $55 than some douche on eBay getting $100+ out of me for it. Seems like he got things handled, though, as I just got my shipping notification earlier this evening.
    Last edited by ImTheWiseJanitor; 12-01-2018 at 02:12 AM.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Gaaah, I didn’t even see that those were available! Damn. Same thing happened for me and the Corona Capital AP prints, though. “What’s that? Only five of them are gonna be available?” *wallet screams in pain, begrudgingly manages to buy two* (Don’t worry, one of them isn’t for me, I’d feel too guilty trying to sell that thing for a profit.)

Man, there was a situation with Dave Kloc’s print from the other night, too. Evidently the site was allowing people to place orders for the foil variant after every copy had been purchased. He had to send an email out asking for volunteers to sacrifice their foil print purchase in exchange for either other prints he’s retained or a refund. I considered taking him up on the offer for the sake of helping with the situation, but...for $55, I couldn’t bring myself to let that foil print go. That thing is an absolute beauty, and I’d rather he get my $55 than some douche on eBay getting $100+ out of me for it. Seems like he got the situation handled, though, as I just got my shipping notification earlier this evening.
    That was the Corona Capital print. He originally put 15 up and was gonna keep 5. I feel like all 15 of the original ones he put up for sale were snapped up by a few in the poster collectors group and myself hahaha. Then he begrudgingly put up the 5 he was gonna keep for $50 a pop.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    That was the Corona Capital print. He originally put 15 up and was gonna keep 5. I feel like all 15 of the original ones he put up for sale were snapped up by a few in the poster collectors group and myself hahaha. Then he begrudgingly put up the 5 he was gonna keep for $50 a pop.

Ahhh, gotcha, I was confusing it with the other Mexico City show. Glad more were available than the 5, then! I must’ve missed that first run completely. It did seem odd that there were just the 5 being put up, it did seem staggeringly low.

I feel like I managed to grab one of the last Daniel Danger Boston prints, as well. Last I’d seen, only the foil variant was still up for sale, but who knows how many are left. One day, when I can justify the $120+...

I’d be lying if I said I won’t feel some measure of relief once this tour is over, hahah. I’m gonna have to come better prepared next time around. This print-collecting game is all new to me. And to think it started with “well, maybe just all the shows I personally go to...” Those now make up less than half of the ones I have. ^^’

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Hell yeah!!

A post shared by on

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I get what you're saying. But I'd rather pay the artist directly than some shit on eBay for, most likely, three times that (or ten times that for a foil), and, unlike all the other artists for this or any tour thus far, BOTP is actually expanding the universe of YZ and AV. He worked to create art for both of these albums, he helped to build the worlds and I see his prints as a deepening of those worlds, more glimpses, more pieces of the puzzle, not just something cool to put on my wall.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by m0reta View Post
    The creeeeeppyyyy.

The two new tanks!

Are the new tanks boob-friendly? The one with the Bad Witch Cover has such big arm holes that I may as well go out topless

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by icklekitty View Post
    Are the new tanks boob-friendly? The one with the Bad Witch Cover has such big arm holes that I may as well go out topless
    Hmmm..I haven't yet worn them but will update when I get back home if nobody else does. :-)

I use them as layers when it's cold.