Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: The Prodigy

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    A glimpse inside my early teenage years...

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    The Prodigy invited fans to join the funeral procession on Friday, March 29th in Braintree, Essex...

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

I almost started crying at work when I saw this.

rip Keef, you will be missed!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post

I almost started crying at work when I saw this.

rip Keef, you will be missed!
    Yeah, seeing Liam with Keith's Champions Of London belt, Keith's dog Cyrus leading the casket, Keith's green mic on his coffin, and seeing Liam, Maxim, and Leeroy together exiting their car all really got to me. Seeing all of the fans and people there did bring a smile to face and they turned it more into a celebration, which nicely helped counter the whole depressing factor.

I'm also a member of a well known Prodigy fan community known as Brainkiller and a few of the more hardcore members and myself have a little group called Snooping Basterds. We made this poster and wrote our names and a local member left it at the church for us. My name is in the bottom right corner...

Last edited by neorev; 03-29-2019 at 08:12 PM.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    awesome find! i got some hard to find high quality footage. trying to see if i can organize a trade with this guy.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    awesome find! i got some hard to find high quality footage. trying to see if i can organize a trade with this guy.
    Let me know if you do, and hook a brother up!

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    what venue was that Seattle show shot from?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    what venue was that Seattle show shot from?
    Mercer Arena
    https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/the-p...-3bd1a4e4.html

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Badass. I saw them around that time.
    (But, unless my memory is failing in my old age, what I saw was a TOTALLY different show: no live instruments, for instance.
    Last edited by elevenism; 04-04-2019 at 10:31 PM.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ickyvicky View Post
    Yep. autoerotic asphyxiation unfortunately. Makes me sad. Too many rockstars are toying with this dangerous thing just to get their rocks off.
    I honestly don't believe that Keith Flint meant to take his life.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    Yep. autoerotic asphyxiation unfortunately. Makes me sad. Too many rockstars are toying with this dangerous thing just to get their rocks off.
    The things I've heard from some of those who actually knew Keith, I believe he killed himself.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    umm..that article never once mentioned AA.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Their playing breathe over the pa at open air!

Rip firestarter!

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Their playing breathe over the pa at open air!

Rip firestarter!
    Tonight at sonic temple, papa roach covered firestarter. They were the replacements for the prodigy. They did a heartfelt speech about Keith and they had his face on the drum set for the whole show. Nice little tribute. Was hoping there was going to be some sort of a tribute tonight.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Two things....

1.) Had The Prodigy played COA, they would have destroyed the place. I am convinced of this!

2.)

audio only, just like I do em

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Two things....

1.) Had The Prodigy played COA, they would have destroyed the place. I am convinced of this!

2.)

audio only, just like I do em
    One of only a couple of live shows without Maxim. There was one other during the beginning of The Day Is My Enemy tour where Keith took over for the whole show. I do believe The Prodigy are not over.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    So happy I got my hands on this...

Finally some US stores got them in stock!

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    One of only a couple of live shows without Maxim. There was one other during the beginning of The Day Is My Enemy tour where Keith took over for the whole show. I do believe The Prodigy are not over.
    I agree.

I'm seriously considering getting my passport, just for when that day comes...

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I agree.

I'm seriously considering getting my passport, just for when that day comes...

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    So I've been listening to "Invaders Must Die" often lately and for some reason, finally, I'm getting a strong "War of the Worlds" vibe to it. Anyone know if it was meant to be a conceptual album?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
    So I've been listening to "Invaders Must Die" often lately and for some reason, finally, I'm getting a strong "War of the Worlds" vibe to it. Anyone know if it was meant to be a conceptual album?
    As far as I know, the title was the band's fuck you to people that tried to get in between the three of them. Some of the issues that divided them during the Always Outnumbered Never Outgunned era when Keith and Liam were fighting. Liam scrapped the original tracks recorded for AONO as he felt it sounded too much like Fat Of The Land Part 2. Plus the single Baby's Got A Temper got slammed in the pressed. It was also as a statement to other electronic acts that tried to take their place. I don't think War Of The Worlds itself was exactly the concept, but they used imagery representing them as outsiders or an invading force taking over the world. They also used some horror and dystopian imagery for other singles. But mostly the album was about the three of them reuniting as one after Liam pretty much went solo for AONO when they were fighting. This was their big return. This was their band album.

Liam and Keith got into it again during the lead up to The Day Is My Enemy. Originally, Liam wrote some tracks for an album called How To Steal A Jet Fighter back in 2012/2013, which he ended up scrapping. Keith was angry and worried about Liam taking too long and wanting to get back out on the road. It was brought up in an interview. Liam ended up starting over and writing The Day Is My Enemy in a little over a year. The title came from how he would work at all hours into the night and wouldn't surface from his studio until the morning hours. One time a fox ran across in front of him and that's how the fox became that album's image. Britain was apparently having issues with foxes in the city. The idea of this fox scurry around the city at night causing trouble.
    Last edited by neorev; 05-29-2019 at 09:51 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Some of the issues that divided them during the Always Outnumbered Never Outgunned era when Keith and Liam were fighting. Liam scrapped the original tracks recorded for AONO as he felt it sounded too much like Fat Of The Land Part 2.
    It would be amazing if those at some point got released. Or maybe they did and I missed it (would NOT be the first time).

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by renton44 View Post
    It would be amazing if those at some point got released. Or maybe they did and I missed it (would NOT be the first time).
    I wish Liam would release them too. Sadly, only a couple of tracks showed up.

Razor was featured on the Their Law: The Singles 1990-2005 bonus disc, which originally began as a track from Keith Flint's solo band Flint whose album Device 1 was put out on promo CDs, but never officially released. The Their Law bonus disc also contains the unreleased track Back 2 Skool, but apparently that dates back to The Fat Of The Land days. It was debuted live around 2002.

Razor

Gun showed up recently after it was found on a US compilation promo CD. This version is in between the live only track Trigger and the final released version as Shoot Down on AONO. Bits of Trigger were used in Shoot Down and The Prodigy remix of Oasis track Falling Down.

Gun

Trigger and Nuclear can be found on video recordings of live shows during 2001-2002. No Souvenirs, the collaboration with 3D of Massive Attack, still has yet to see the light of day. It was originally intended for The Beach movie soundtrack, but they pulled it last minute because they didn't want to waste it on a soundtrack. It was then reworked and supposed to come out on the original AONO, but scrapped again. Another Flint track Vacation was also reworked by Liam as a Prodigy track, like he did with Flint's songs Razor and NNNN (which became Baby's Got A Temper). Liam apparently had several tracks when he scrapped AONO V1. Apparently elements of some of these scrapped tracks were pulled and reused on later tracks, but which ones nobody knows.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

This came in the mail today and made it feel even more real. My hands trembled a little as I read through it. This is the pamphlet that they handed out at Keith's funeral service. Respect for this, you know who you are. It means a lot to have this. The Prodigy are my favorite band ever and had a huge influence on me and soundtracked my life. R.I.P. Keith Flint. A legend. The one and only Firestarter. You will be missed.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Apologies if this has already been dealt with upthread but was wondering - why is the Smack My Bitch Up video not on Youtube...trying to make a top music videos playlist on there, and that vid has to be in amongst it...

One great big festering neon distraction....
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by simonn View Post
    Apologies if this has already been dealt with upthread but was wondering - why is the Smack My Bitch Up video not on Youtube...trying to make a top music videos playlist on there, and that vid has to be in amongst it...
    Does YouTube's TOS still ban nudity?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Princess Superstar just posted an unreleased demo she did with The Prodigy back during Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned. It seems she was working on a vocal version of The Way It Is called Jesus Christ I'm Nice that ended up being scrapped. But Liam did take bits of her vocals and used them on the track Memphis Bells.

https://soundcloud.com/princess-supe...E5fp-4SmOASuYw