*flips over table*

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    it's seriously that easy?

*flips over table*
    Judge Sullivan will decide what happens to the charges:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...nt/3090071001/
    Last edited by allegro; 05-07-2020 at 04:40 PM.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Fuck William Barr, this guy is a toady. He gets asked about the dropping of the Flynn case and he says "History is written by the winners?" JESUS CHRIST

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Fuck William Barr, this guy is a toady. He gets asked about the dropping of the Flynn case and he says "History is written by the winners?" JESUS CHRIST
    He will go down in history as THE single biggest legal turncoat in the last few centuries.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    ....If we're lucky.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnetic View Post
    ....If we're lucky.
    Well, the rest of the world will write of him that way. What happens on the home front will hinge largely on what happens between now and January.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    This guy is THE dumbest and scariest President in history. Do NOT let him off the hook for this shit.

Last edited by allegro; 05-09-2020 at 07:51 PM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    Well, the rest of the world will write of him that way. What happens on the home front will hinge largely on what happens between now and January.
    Nah history lasts a long long time.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    Well yeah, but if we're all dead there won't be anyone to write books about it.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    Well yeah, but if we're all dead there won't be anyone to write books about it.
    We will not all be dead.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Trump's recent Twitter feed is going in a disturbing direction... it's all retweets of conspiracy theories about Obama, then there's a randomly retweeted video of him shaking hands with soldiers from 2018, then a random "inspirational video" of some man helping someone across the street (in a video from China), and a bunch of all-caps rants about OBAMAGATE!

The fact that we've become so normalized to this that we aren't all collectively screaming about how unhinged our president is... frankly, this is really scary. I know it always has been, but this past couple days of nonsense rage tweeting is unnerving me.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Well they don't care how history paints them, and why should they? So someone a hundred years from now can be like, "damn, he was a good dude"? They live in the now and, to some extent, there's nothing wrong with that. The problem lies in the fact that their living in the now is done simply for their benefit with no regard to what it means for everyone co-existing in their periphery.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Trump says increasing testing makes the USA look bad, and basically implies that the call for increased testing has something to do with ruining his re-election odds

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Archive_Reports View Post
    Well they don't care how history paints them, and why should they? So someone a hundred years from now can be like, "damn, he was a good dude"? They live in the now and, to some extent, there's nothing wrong with that. The problem lies in the fact that their living in the now is done simply for their benefit with no regard to what it means for everyone co-existing in their periphery.
    I’m re-watching the PBS doc about FDR. It’s really bumming me out that we are going through this (which, so far, isn’t NEARLY as bad) and we have this egotistical moron in charge.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    It's just unbelievable that he's going after Obama in some far-out conspiracy theory... while we're in the middle of a pandemic and economic collapse. When we're really entrenched in the next great depression and everything is completely broken, will his base still put up with listening to him fucking whine about Obama? This is just too much.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    It's just unbelievable that he's going after Obama in some far-out conspiracy theory... while we're in the middle of a pandemic and economic collapse. When we're really entrenched in the next great depression and everything is completely broken, will his base still put up with listening to him fucking whine about Obama? This is just too much.
    it's the über dog whistle to his base though.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    It just fires up the Biden supporters even more, especially black voters who are pissed off, and the people who walked this weekend for Ahmaud. They see what’s REALLY going on, here. JIM CROW is what’s going on, here.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...howing/611389/

https://abc7.com/rancho-cordova-depu...ffice/6136702/

And the King of Jim Crow Laws is LIVING IN THE WHITE HOUSE.

Last edited by allegro; 05-11-2020 at 03:49 PM.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Holy shit, the way that press conference ended. I'm so exhausted, I'm so tired of saying it, but this is NOT OK. This man is a petulant child.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I think he told an Asian reporter to "ask China that question" at his press conference tonight. then he argued with two females and abruptly ended his press conferece. par for course for the racist in chief.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by versusreality View Post
    I think he told an Asian reporter to "ask China that question" at his press conference tonight. then he argued with two females and abruptly ended his press conferece. par for course for the racist in chief.
    Yep, that's more or less what I just saw happen, and I wish I could say it's VERY shocking. It's just shocking at this point, a little bit. Nothing's shocking.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    He was also asked about his Obama tweets, which he refused to answer and only said: "You know what happened" .

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Can we finally conclude, collectively, that this whole 25th Amendment thing was a nice idea and all, but here's concrete proof that it offers no protection or real solution in a real crisis. It's a joke.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Another batshit crazy press conference.

Telling an Asian reporter to "ask China" was a dick move, and she called him out on it. Also, WTF is "Obamagate?"

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GulDukat View Post
    WTF is "Obamagate?"
    Some stupid conspiracy theory about Obama that's intended to rile up his racist base that hates Obama because he was black.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    There’s one big way to get rid of this guy: Pray that the Lipitor stops working.

Massive prayer might have some affect.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    There’s one big way to get rid of this guy: Pray that the Lipitor stops working.

Massive prayer might have some affect.
    Especially if we pray to St Jude, patron saint of desperate causes. I must have a novena for him somewhere; I have a nice little collection of very old prayer books.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marodi View Post
    Especially if we pray to St Jude, patron saint of desperate causes. I must have a novena for him somewhere; I have a nice little collection of very old prayer books.
    Is that the prayer to Hey Jude by St. Paul McCartney?

Last edited by allegro; 05-11-2020 at 09:27 PM.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Not exactly but that one will do just fine.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    i just watched the press conference. i really try not to name call when it comes to politics. h think it hurts the cause but jeez, what a man baby! he’s so intimidated by female reporters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Trump's performance today wasn't all that much different than Alec Baldwin's portrayal. "Obamagate" is a disgrace and the biggest scandal ever, and we should just know what it is, because Trump can't explain it. What a fucking moron.

And FOX is all in on Obamagate.

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/05/fox...ead-the-world/
    Last edited by GulDukat; 05-11-2020 at 10:23 PM.