Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Thread: Tool: Fear Inoculum

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    One more time for the people in the back

Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    Tool's handling of this album release is embarrassing. I totally get that it would be an understatement to say they've had issues with record labels, but you would hope by now that they've had time to make friends with people in their industry who could have helped them better navigate this kind of thing. Fuck Blair, hire someone competent to run the site, you're fucking Tool.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    And adding onto that, I'm sure there are vinyl people who are assuming there won't be a vinyl version, so they buy this. Then in another 3-4 months, the vinyl version is announced. Or a standard jewel-case cd version or some shit.
    the vinyl version will have a kindle fire tablet built in for the visual experience.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    the vinyl version will have a kindle fire tablet built in for the visual experience.
    i think you mean a ZuneVideo

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    On a whim Monday, I did a check for FI on sites with product-in-store availability. B&N near me said it had one, and I was surprised as fuck when the e-mail came through that it was ready for pickup. I figured the web inventory was off, but sure enough they actually had it!

Wednesday Tool announced the non-screen version and I kinda had to laugh. I was butt-hurt as all hell over my pre-order getting fucked, and thinking I'd have to play ebay like the stock market to get a copy. Then 2 days after I feel vindicated by my perseverance in obtaining FI, Tool announces a (sorta) cheaper version....that I'll probably buy as well. Well done fuckers.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bajoobatron View Post
    On a whim Monday, I did a check for FI on sites with product-in-store availability. B&N near me said it had one...
    HA you're right! 13 nearby stores have it including the two closest to me. For a while they had completely removed it from the website. It's also on Amazon for $38 and prime shipping. Clearly the band / label pushed more inventory after that ONE-TIME-ONLY-BUY-BY-11PM extra special sale window. These gaping assholes.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdm View Post
    HA you're right! 13 nearby stores have it including the two closest to me. For a while they had completely removed it from the website. It's also on Amazon for $38 and prime shipping. Clearly the band / label pushed more inventory after that ONE-TIME-ONLY-BUY-BY-11PM extra special sale window. These gaping assholes.
    but are we really surprised?

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    After careful consideration, I have decided I don't care for or want the book version either.
    This release won't do anything for me other than take $40 out of my bank account just to sit on a shelf.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Well boys... hope you're ready for this... lol.

Alex Grey | Fear Inoculum 'Deluxe Edition CD Boxed Set'

https://shop.cosm.org/products/fear-...n-cd-boxed-set

This collectors edition includes all three versions of the Limited Edition, Fear Inoculum Deluxe Edition CD, mini archival paper prints of The Torch & Vision Crystal Tondo in a custom designed laser-cut wood box.

Box, both prints, and all three CDs in the set come signed by Alex Grey.

Numbered Edition of 111.

$777... lol.

Have fun.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    Well boys... hope you're ready for this... lol.

Alex Grey | Fear Inoculum 'Deluxe Edition CD Boxed Set'

https://shop.cosm.org/products/fear-...n-cd-boxed-set

$777... lol.

Have fun.
    Well, didn't you read the interviews? 7 has a special meaning for this album. Expect 7 different editions.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Maybe the seventh edition will be a vinyl release. Only available to those that purchased all six of the previous editions.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    My favorite thing about this entire album and release has got to be this beautiful statement:

Prices may increase as edition reaches its end.”

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    This was the part that got me: Proceeds from the sale of these CDs go towards building the TOOL Shrine in Entheon.

What. The. Fuck.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdm View Post
    This was the part that got me: Proceeds from the sale of these CDs go towards building the TOOL Shrine in Entheon.

What. The. Fuck.
    Not cultish at all.

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    At first I was like, okay what is Enthoen? And then I watched the video, where they "transform" a lovely brick and wood carriage house by... knocking it completely down and replacing it with a windowless concrete block structure?

NO FURTHER COMMENT.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    As much as I liked Alex Grey's art for Lateralus, I haven't been too impressed with anything he's done for Tool since. Nor am I particularly fond of his work in general. I do enjoy a piece here and there, but I kinda wish he was't synonymous with Tool at this point. I enjoyed the way they used to collaborate with different artists on each album, but the reliance on Grey has stifled their visual creativity. I can understand having issues with artists in the past is probably a deciding factor in sticking with Grey, but I feel that he brings with him some cultlike vibes. And, let's be honest, Tool is the last band that needs more cultlike vibes. Honestly, really surprised this new Alex Grey edition of the album doesn't come with a packet of grape kool-aid.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    He is no Stanley Donwood, Storm Thorgerson or Rob Sheridan.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    After careful consideration, I have decided I don't care for or want the book version either.
    This release won't do anything for me other than take $40 out of my bank account just to sit on a shelf.
    Amazon was $28 or something but yeah. I read your post and thought about the current one I have that's still sealed because I bought the HD flacs online so I cancelled it. Don't have that collector mentality anymore but the bug does bite from time to time.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    I honestly think everything about this $777 box set is fucking hilarious. Now I kinda hope they do keep shitting out more versions of this album until there are 7 just to see how fucking more ridiculous these packages get.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    I honestly think everything about this $777 box set is fucking hilarious. Now I kinda hope they do keep shitting out more versions of this album until there are 7 just to see how fucking more ridiculous these packages get.
    The next one will include a lock of Alex Grey and Adam Jones hair, but you have to figure out who’s is who’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Shit and I thought $80 for Deviations was needlessly expensive. Almost $800 for three copies of the same album and more boring Alex Grey artwork? Hard no. Been considering giving my copy of FI to a coworker that missed out anyway. These last two albums just haven’t been my bag. Lateralus is a top-five record for me, but they really could stand to use the edit button a bit more.
    I’d love them to do an ep or mini album of short, brutal songs that cut to the chase. It’d be a breath of fresh air at this point.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    The laser cut quality on this is really embarrassing, especially for the price. I can’t get over how bad this is.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Well, didn't you read the interviews? 7 has a special meaning for this album. Expect 7 different editions.
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    The 7th pressing of this should cost $7,777,777.00

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsChrisRoss View Post
    The next one will include a lock of Alex Grey and Adam Jones hair, but you have to figure out who’s is who’s.
    7 extra special versions will have Maynard’s asshole hair sprinkled throughout.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    7 extra special versions will have Maynard’s asshole hair sprinkled throughout.
    Dont give them any ideas for “new” toppings for the Jerome pizza truck.

#pi77a

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    The 7th and final edition will be the simple 12.99 jewel case everyone wanted from the start.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    one thing I think we can all agree upon: Everyone who was terrified that they'd die before hearing this supposedly mind-shattering masterwork is secretly disappointed. A lot.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    After the magnum opus Lateralus, I expected something less than. But I love FI and am still listening to it almost exclusively, almost daily. To me, it's superb. And it's far far better than the less than that I was realistically expecting. I mean most bands just keep pumping out stuff for years and years and it's never something as good as the band's best---not even anywhere close. But this one is really something great.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner View Post
    My favorite thing about this entire album and release has got to be this beautiful statement:

Prices may increase as edition reaches its end.”
    Elbow deep... You can pay $2000 instead of $777 for someone else to order it for you:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Tool-Fear-I...UAAOSwBsld42UQ

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Elbow deep... You can pay $2000 instead of $777 for someone else to order it for you:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Tool-Fear-I...UAAOSwBsld42UQ
    Qty: 17 sold

1 available

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyson View Post
    As much as I liked Alex Grey's art for Lateralus, I haven't been too impressed with anything he's done for Tool since. Nor am I particularly fond of his work in general. I do enjoy a piece here and there, but I kinda wish he was't synonymous with Tool at this point. I enjoyed the way they used to collaborate with different artists on each album, but the reliance on Grey has stifled their visual creativity. I can understand having issues with artists in the past is probably a deciding factor in sticking with Grey, but I feel that he brings with him some cultlike vibes. And, let's be honest, Tool is the last band that needs more cultlike vibes. Honestly, really surprised this new Alex Grey edition of the album doesn't come with a packet of grape kool-aid.
    IMHO, Tool and Alex Grey are kind of a match made in heaven. I'd almost be disappointed if he hadn't worked on the new album art. Everything about it just works: from how outlandish his visual and creative style is to how established an artist he is in his own right to how well the psychedelic and spiritual elements of his work coincide with the lyrical and thematic side of the band.

Granted, one doesn't have to enjoy psychedelics to be a Tool fan, but inspiration from that source is a gigantic part of what makes Tool the band it is. And Alex Grey is undoubtedly a big part of the psychedelic community.

Quote Originally Posted by pcpunk View Post
    Shit and I thought $80 for Deviations was needlessly expensive. Almost $800 for three copies of the same album and more boring Alex Grey artwork? Hard no. Been considering giving my copy of FI to a coworker that missed out anyway. These last two albums just haven’t been my bag. Lateralus is a top-five record for me, but they really could stand to use the edit button a bit more.
    I’d love them to do an ep or mini album of short, brutal songs that cut to the chase. It’d be a breath of fresh air at this point.
    Unless you're in a vastly different income bracket than I am, I doubt that the $800 deluxe package is really marketed towards us anyways, but it doesn't change the fact that high dollar deluxe packages have become a way for both bands and visual artists to bring in extra income. I am not even considering buying it (that's almost my mortgage payment lol), but I don't really understand being offended that it exists. This is not a product intended for either casual fans or people of average means. That's why there are only a handful available anyways.

It could be because I went through a very long metal phase when I was in my 20s, but I really don't have any desire for a short, brutal Tool record at all. There are tons of bands that have much more interesting, brutal riffs than anything Adam Jones can play. And I loved a lot of that stuff for a long time, but at some point it just kind of became played out for me. It's sort of weird to think that I got old along with the band, but I guess it happened. The drawn out, more melodic stuff they've been playing is exactly where I was hoping the band would go. I've kind of grown out of everything else. I haven't listened to Opiate in years.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    one thing I think we can all agree upon: Everyone who was terrified that they'd die before hearing this supposedly mind-shattering masterwork is secretly disappointed. A lot.
    Definitely not.