Page 45 of 528 FirstFirst ... 35 43 44 45 46 47 55 95 145 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,350 of 15824

Thread: Random NIN Thoughts

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    [Sorry to go off topic for a second]
    I just unearthed my review of the NIN show I covered back in 2009. It makes ironic reading now

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Hesitation Marks is an awful, awful name. I'm surprised more people haven't commented on it, or do they not know what it refers to? (Trigger warning for suicide on that link, btw)

In fairness, if you search 'hesitation marks' specifically, the first eight million hits are for Nine Inch Nails and people probably wouldn't think to search for variations on the phrase to find out what it means, but surely people would have heard of the phrase? I mean... This is the Nine Inch Nails fanbase. We're not exactly unfamiliar with suicide and self-harm.

Anyway, yeah. Awful name for a new album there, Trent. I found myself triggered just reading it but I guess I'm just a delicate little flower?

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    The title is a bit cringy. Even if he's trying for double meanings. Perhaps he's going to grow his hair again and sulk glumly in corners wearing PVC gloves.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)

Random NIN Thoughts

Maybe it'll fit once the album is heard in its entirety but yeah, not a fan at the moment.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    All this new NIN stuff is kind of overwhelming and exciting! I wish there were more dates in the UK, kind of wish I lived in the US now but next year...

I love the new album name. Actually love it. There, I said it.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    I don't mind the title... it's not that "With Teeth" or "The Slip" are genius titles either, i just care for the songs, then i'll love the title...

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    I love the people on YouTube comments that are like, "I've been a NIN fan for years. I know every album." Cool, dude! You and the rest of the NINternet. The true test of a NIN fan is his knowledge of red robes and Meathead.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alrea View Post
    I love the people on YouTube comments that are like, "I've been a NIN fan for years. I know every album." Cool, dude! You and the rest of the NINternet. The true test of a NIN fan is his knowledge of red robes and Meathead.
    The true test of being a real NIN fan is whether you're cool enough not to clarify the definition of a real NIN fan.

...Shit.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Siren View Post
    All this new NIN stuff is kind of overwhelming and exciting! I wish there were more dates in the UK, kind of wish I lived in the US now but next year...

I love the new album name. Actually love it. There, I said it.
    These tour dates definitely need more UK. I NEED to see full on NIN live production. None of this daylight festival nonsense!

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo View Post
    The true test of being a real NIN fan is whether you're cool enough not to clarify the definition of a real NIN fan.

...Shit.
    Haters gonna hate!

I'm realizing that the hardest thing I can do in regards to my music collection is whittle down 20 hours of NIN into a less-than-80-minute CD to play while I'm driving back home all afternoon. It's not so much a matter of favorite songs, but favorite VERSIONS of songs. Do I want the album version? Live? Alternate live? Live featuring _______? Remix? Version version? Should I get The Frail + The Wretched as a pair from the same collection so they flow together perfectly?

I almost just wanna hit shuffle, select the first 80 minutes, and roll with it.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alrea View Post
    I'm realizing that the hardest thing I can do in regards to my music collection is whittle down 20 hours of NIN into a less-than-80-minute CD to play while I'm driving back home all afternoon. It's not so much a matter of favorite songs, but favorite VERSIONS of songs. Do I want the album version? Live? Alternate live? Live featuring _______? Remix? Version version? Should I get The Frail + The Wretched as a pair from the same collection so they flow together perfectly?

I almost just wanna hit shuffle, select the first 80 minutes, and roll with it.
    If you're having trouble deciding between versions, I've whipped up a few combined versions of songs over the years that I could send your way. One example is splicing The Frail into quiet parts of Wretched [Version], which might fit your requirements nicely. Let me know if you're interested, but if you consider the practise an abomination, I ask that you don't burn me for heresy (onto which I slapped the first verse of the demo version). There's early versions of TDTWWA and Mr Self Destruct on the remix site.
    Last edited by Vertigo; 06-06-2013 at 12:07 PM.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GavinCollins420 View Post
    These tour dates definitely need more UK. I NEED to see full on NIN live production. None of this daylight festival nonsense!
    Tell me about it! The tour schedule looks pretty clear in September... now, I wouldn't want to place any bets on it but I'd quite like to see an iTunes show appear at least. Just a thought.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Siren View Post
    Tell me about it! The tour schedule looks pretty clear in September... now, I wouldn't want to place any bets on it but I'd quite like to see an iTunes show appear at least. Just a thought.
    This. The London O2 show was one of the best musical experiences of my life, let's do it again.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

this so much! i didn't get festival tickets in hopes that they'll go on a proper tour afterwards. i'm hoping for non-arena venues but fat chance i'm sure.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rhet View Post
    this so much! i didn't get festival tickets in hopes that they'll go on a proper tour afterwards. i'm hoping for non-arena venues but fat chance i'm sure.
    I got a Leeds day ticket just to be safe. I could not miss NIN live again.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Does anyone have a strange feeling that the cornstarch might be coming back?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    Does anyone have a strange feeling that the cornstarch might be coming back?
    Hopefully not, the only one that could pull it off would be Ilan.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rhet View Post
    yeah, i'm kind of thinking maybe i should go to reading after all but really don't wanna see them at a festival or pay for a day pass when they're the only ones i want to see. ugh. plus my husband hates festivals and isn't as much of a nin fanboy as i am..but if they don't come to europe i'll be pissed! maybe i'll just go by myself..

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    I got a Leeds day ticket just to be safe. I could not miss NIN live again.

Same here, and Belfast and Reading. I've missed out before (twice!!) but NEVER again. I'm not the biggest fan of music festivals and I'm only going to see NIN, if a UK tour was announced, just a few dates, I'd sell my festival tickets and attend that instead.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Sorry if it's been mentioned, but it looks like the nin.com update has completely fucked nin:access. I was really hoping with the onslaught of updates today the app would get a refresh as well.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tortfeazor View Post
    Sorry if it's been mentioned, but it looks like the nin.com update has completely fucked nin:access. I was really hoping with the onslaught of updates today the app would get a refresh as well.
    pretty sure that app was pretty much dead in the water a week after it came out

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by butter_hole View Post
    pretty sure that app was pretty much dead in the water a week after it came out
    I thought it was pretty cool to have during the tour, especially with the constantly changing set lists when people would post the songs as they went. Plus it was always fun to peruse the pictures just to kill some time every now and then.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Totally what I see every time I see the front cover for The Fragile. I have suffered from this since the first day I saw it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Something about this feels... wrong

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    <picture>
    where you put glass, i always pictured a human knee. and as i write this, all of a sudden redrobeomgwtf?!
    Last edited by BenAkenobi; 06-07-2013 at 04:02 AM. Reason: heh

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Random NIN Thoughts

Working on a laser project for Keen shoes this week. Decided to have some off the clock fun with NIN stuff. More tomorrow.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Who thinks a Google+ Hangout with Trent Reznor would be fucking awesome?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Re: Random NIN Thoughts

I think TF 5.1 will come out spring 2014, to allow a decent buffer between album releases. Kind of like TDS DE in Fall, then WT in following Spring. Mastering was finished a while ago, if I'm not mistaken. Though technically a few months off, maybe they'd label it as a 15 year anniversary release. But... I'm not going to bet on dis

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    a dvd of rehearsal footage like he did with The Slip would suffice

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    I can't help but feel like this new album is going to feel something like a look at the character from TDS and how he's come back from everything. Maybe it's just the artwork and the vibe from the title. Whatever it turns out to be, I'm excited for it.