22 Post(s)

2013.10.07 - Auburn Hills, MI @ The Palace of Auburn Hills

Hey...I should be there.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Me too, 20 minutes from home

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I'm gonna make the drive from Hamilton for this one. Too bad it's not at DTE though, I love that venue!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Looks like I'm doing this one and Cleveland all on my own since the wife can't make it and no friends are nin fans. If anyone wants to meet up, let me know. I'm still debating on the floor vs seat. I think i prefer my own personal space where i can enjoy and see the show so i might skip out on the floor. If i do choose floor i will probably hang out by the mixing area.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Got my 1 floor! Guess I was lucky today, got Detroit and Cleveland. How'd everybody else do?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Got two floor tickets for my brother and me. Same place as my first NIN concert.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I was able to get a GA ticket even though I had to refresh because that zipcode box was glitching. Oh man, so much stress. So weird my second NIN show was here in 2008 and now it will be my 12th and my last of this year! Pretty excited to go back because the staff there were the nicest people (hopefully they're still like that years later?).

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Damn. I've been offline for most of the past week and missed the nin presale tickets.

For others who missed getting tickets...

[SIZE=”2”]"Tickets sold through this NIN.com presale are SOLD OUT, however more tickets may be available in a special Live Nation presale set to begin Thursday, June 13 at 10:00 AM (local time to venue) via HERE, the password is: PICNIC

Tickets go on sale to the general public via the same link on Friday, June 14 at 10:00 AM (local time to venue).
    [/SIZE]"

I'll probably go to Toronto and Cleveland as well depending on how things are going for me in October.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Section 113, row AA. Looks like front row seats just far enough back to not be too close to the side of the stage!

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Passed up on this show...for now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I got my floor ticket!

My excitement is higher than usual because I have attended over 300 various concerts and to this day the #1 BEST is NIN's Lights In The Sky show at The Palace in 2007. If this show is one tenth as good as that one, it will be worth every penny.

I just hope that the early entrance works this time because it didn't for HTDA and I would love for another Meet & Greet because at the Wave Goodbye one my pic came out Blurry :-( it's been bothering me since then so I NEED to get another...even though I realize the chances are slim to none.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gladcarrot View Post
    Damn. I've been offline for most of the past week and missed the nin presale tickets.

I'll probably go to Toronto and Cleveland as well depending on how things are going for me in October.
    You planning on recording any of these shows this go-round?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by somewhat_ View Post
    Section 113, row AA. Looks like front row seats just far enough back to not be too close to the side of the stage!
    Sweet, I'll have to wave across to you because I got 101 row AA. Coincidentally the same place I was for the LitS tour as well.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imatt View Post
    You planning on recording any of these shows this go-round?
    Of course! I just got 2 main floor Palace tickets. Damn they are expensive. I had planned to hit up Cleveland and Toronto because they are on a weekend and it would make a nice trip around Lake Erie, but it might be cost prohibitive. I'll have to reassess things in September with money and grad school to see about making these other dates.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Re: 2013.10.07 - Auburn Hills, MI @ The Palace of Auburn Hills

Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    Sweet, I'll have to wave across to you because I got 101 row AA. Coincidentally the same place I was for the LitS tour as well.
    I was in that section/row last time as well. I bet we were sitting right next to each other.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Section 224 first row, Im getting old, so these are great tickets for me. Wish I still had the energy to do the G/A. Hopefully Trent doesnt pull what he did with the wave goodbye tour here again and rush in, play a few songs, and rush out cause he was in a rush to get to Toronto....

Apologies a month later dont really make the show better.

(No hard feelings though, seen em twice before then during the downward spiral tour, and convinced me that they are my generations Pink Floyd).
    Last edited by Dragoro; 06-17-2013 at 09:21 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    On a side note, I bought an extra ticket. Im seats 8 and 9 in 224. If anyone else is like me in the area, and friends aint fans, and want to go, my second seat is free. Have to prove in some way that your a NIN fan and not just looking for a free show. (If you have ticks to other shows and trying to "tour" with them, please don't ask for the tick.) Hoping to give it to a first timer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Got the idea from another thread, anybody carpooling?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Salutatiuons from Mexico City, IŽll be there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tickets bought! I still can't believe that Adrian Belew is touring with them. Here's to hoping we hear a few King Crimson songs...

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinhardt View Post
    Tickets bought! I still can't believe that Adrian Belew is touring with them. Here's to hoping we hear a few King Crimson songs...
    Oh dear. I'm afraid there's been some changes to the lineup...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Wow, I can't believe I missed that. A quick google search and it looks like it was announced on June 10. So first Eric Avery leaves, and now Adrian Belew.

I'm getting old... Just bring back Chris Vrenna and I'll be happy.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Definitely going to be at this show, about 35 minutes away! Already have my GA tickets and ready to go!! DTE would have def been a better venue, but still going to be a bad ass show!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NINfanatic82 View Post
    DTE would have def been a better venue, but still going to be a bad ass show!
    I felt the 2008 LITS Palace show was much better than the 2009 DTE Wave Good Bye show, and not just because of the LITS light show. I was in the front row at the 2009 DTE show and the show lacked a certain intensity; I think it was a combination of TR not being in to it, the crowd not being in to it/no pit, and the most standard/generic(boring?) setlist of all the Wave Good Bye shows. Then again, I saw NIN at DTE in 2006, and it was a great show!

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Ohhhh, DTE. I'm kinda partial to that show. Navarro kept doting on me (what a gracious dude) and ended the night playing "Jane's Says" with his boots planted on the rail on either side of me. You don't know how hard it was for me to look at his face instead of his boots.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I dont care for DTE, the acoustics are terrible there.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

2013.10.07 - Auburn Hills, MI @ The Palace of Auburn Hills

I saw some of the best concerts of my life at DTE (when it was called Pine Knob), including 2nd row for Sting's Dream of the Blue Turtles tour. If the sound is bad at DTE, it's usually the artists' fault and not the venue. It's outdoors for Christ's sake. The Palace is just another acoustical arena hell hole.
    Last edited by allegro; 06-24-2013 at 08:03 AM.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    I agree with you allegro, I have seen many more great shows at DTE but the LITS show at the Palace was an amazing show I thought! I was about 8 feet from the stage and it was an amazing experience that I do not think could have been as bad ass at DTE!! But I have seen NIN at many different venues and all were amazing experiences for different reasons! The LITS at the Palace would def rank in the top 3 for me still!!

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NINfanatic82 View Post
    I agree with you allegro, I have seen many more great shows at DTE but the LITS show at the Palace was an amazing show I thought! I was about 8 feet from the stage and it was an amazing experience that I do not think could have been as bad ass at DTE!! But I have seen NIN at many different venues and all were amazing experiences for different reasons! The LITS at the Palace would def rank in the top 3 for me still!!
    I don't think NIN could pull of a really super duper light show extravaganza at the DTE. They really need a place like the Palace for this kind of show.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    I don't think NIN could pull of a really super duper light show extravaganza at the DTE. They really need a place like the Palace for this kind of show.
    You are spot on. It just sucks because DTE is such a great venue!