Page 184 of 215 FirstFirst ... 84 134 174 182 183 184 185 186 194 ... LastLast
Results 5,491 to 5,520 of 6439

Thread: Random NIN Questions

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotinCnStopMeNow View Post
    Does anyone like the song Kinda I Want To?
    Yes, especially the demo version with that funky-ass bass.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Was there any original music (remix and studio work included) featuring Trent in 2015?

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    Was there any original music (remix and studio work included) featuring Trent in 2015?
    Does this count?

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Option 30 always counts

But I mean first released. It's the only year since the mid 80s with nothing from Trent

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Ha, that smile in those pics.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zecho View Post
    The UK got two versions of Halo 9; Part 1: Further Away, and Part 2: Closer To God...
    Sorry in advance for unrelated details, but the UK didn't get halo 9 at all.
    You can say it nowadays, knowing the whole "halo" thing. But if you look at actual CDs distributed by UK Island label, they don't bear halo word on neither of them (and TDS the album too).
    Two parts singles March of the pigs have "halo seven", Further down the spiral has "halo ten v2" while 8 and 9 are missing for casual British or European record shop customers. They could only see halo on imports. Fun, right?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    So i'm in the middle of overhauling my NIN digital music collection (no easy job there) and for each album i usually put all the rare stuff that came from that era into a companion type of album. Tracks i include do not feature on the album or it's singles.
    For example, for Pretty Hate Machine I've created an album featuring demo's (not the Purest Feeling one's), radio edits and instrumentals etc.

For Pretty Hate Machine so far i have..

Down In It (Demo)
    Sanctified (Demo)
    Kinda I Want To (Demo)
    Twist (Demo)
    Down In It (Big Whole Mix)
    Head Like A Hole (Instrumental)*
    Terrible Like (Instrumental)*
    Sanctified (Instrumental)*
    The Only Time (Instrumental)*
    Something I can Never Have (NBK)
    Head Like A Hole (Radio Edit)
    Sin (Radio/DJ Edit)

*Created with the multitracks

Does anyone else do this? Is it worth it's own thread compiling everything out there related to this endeavor?

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reaps View Post
    So i'm in the middle of overhauling my NIN digital music collection (no easy job there) and for each album i usually put all the rare stuff that came from that era into a companion type of album. Tracks i include do not feature on the album or it's singles.
    For example, for Pretty Hate Machine I've created an album featuring demo's (not the Purest Feeling one's), radio edits and instrumentals etc.

For Pretty Hate Machine so far i have..

Down In It (Demo)
    Sanctified (Demo)
    Kinda I Want To (Demo)
    Twist (Demo)
    Down In It (Big Whole Mix)
    Head Like A Hole (Instrumental)*
    Terrible Like (Instrumental)*
    Sanctified (Instrumental)*
    The Only Time (Instrumental)*
    Something I can Never Have (NBK)
    Head Like A Hole (Radio Edit)
    Sin (Radio/DJ Edit)

*Created with the multitracks

Does anyone else do this? Is it worth it's own thread compiling everything out there related to this endeavor?
    I'm interested in a list, and how you choose which ones for songs that have multiple options. And ninwiki.com/remixes if you get stuck!

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reaps View Post
    I didn't do quite what you did, but I did compile a sort of expanded version of Pretty Hate Machine a few years ago.

EDIT: My tracklisting for anyone that was curious about it.

1. Slate Intro
    2. Head Like A Hole
    3. Terrible Lie
    4. Down In It
    5. Get Down Make Love
    6. Sanctified
    7. Something I Can Never Have
    8. Maybe Just Once
    9. Kinda I Want To
    10. Sin
    11. That's What I Get
    12. The Only Time
    13. Ringfinger (with Twist inserts)
    Last edited by BRoswell; 04-19-2019 at 01:00 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm not sure if this has been posted somewhere but is there a list or does anyone know what specific live shows(dates & locations) were used for the first tape on the original Closure VHS set?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Does anyone know if Down In It (Shred) was ever featured on a movie soundtrack or compilation album? The reason I ask is that a friend of mine has a bunch of Nine Inch Nails songs on her MP3 player that she downloaded after hearing them in clubs/on the radio, and the Shred remix is among them... which struck me as kind of odd, because the rest of her songs are the ones you'd expect (Closer, The Perfect Drug, etc). She's convinced that she heard it in a movie or had it on a soundtrack from years ago, but I can't seem to find anything that says it was ever featured on anything.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Here I found this info below. I guess it was released on one of their singles in 89, "Down In It" was their first song ever released as a single.

Also, this single was the first Halo. And "Pretty hate machines" album was Halo 2. I don't think I've ever heard that version. I'll check it out!

Down In It (Shred)

Running Time: 6:51
    A mix that appears on both the Down In It and Head Like a Hole singles. It basically retains the original song with an extended intro and a long instrumental area that makes up the entire latter half of the song.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trains View Post
    Does anyone know if Down In It (Shred) was ever featured on a movie soundtrack or compilation album?
    I only know it from halos 1&3.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Recently someone posted a link to their cleaned up "+Appendage" transfer from The Fragile cassette and now I can't find what thread that was in. I've been wanted to make sure I have the best quality version out there, please help. Thanks!

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fishtifer View Post
    Recently someone posted a link to their cleaned up "+Appendage" transfer from The Fragile cassette and now I can't find what thread that was in. I've been wanted to make sure I have the best quality version out there, please help. Thanks!
    Right here! https://www.echoingthesound.org/comm...887#post452887

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyract View Post
    Ahhh, the Random NIN thoughts page, thanks!!! And this version of +Appendage is wayyy better than mine so thank you!
    Last edited by fishtifer; 04-25-2019 at 07:46 AM.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    God I love it.

PHM was my favourite NIN release for a long time, and the sheer danceability of tracks like KIWT was one of the reasons
    yeah, it's fucking great. Every song on that album is fucking great.

I'd venture to say that the majority of us old timers who discovered NIN before TDS would pretty much agree, too.

sheep, pre internet, (and tds,) I would go to the library and obsessively search for NIN this news archive they had there, on a computer. And, I remember the term "dark dance," and the phrase " dance music that's too slow to dance to" appearing in the handful of local stories that had mentioned nin

It was KINDA like Depeche Mode? Sort of? Idk.
    Last edited by elevenism; 04-27-2019 at 03:16 PM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    OTSs are where you can find the beauty NIN once had; as a result NIN gets the left over anger and chaos.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hello, would anyone have an mp3 of the Dissonance tour, please?
    Cheers : )

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    which do you prefer, louder or quieter NIN? obviously we love it all but no fair saying both. for me, as much as i love the loud stuff, the quiet stuff tends to stick to me more.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Sorry for the newbie question; new to the board, not to NIN. I remember back in 2005? a friend put on a live video where the Frail lead into La Mer? I can't seem to find this anywere on youtube. Maybe I was mistaken, but I figured people here would set me right on it.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnetic View Post
    Sorry for the newbie question; new to the board, not to NIN. I remember back in 2005? a friend put on a live video where the Frail lead into La Mer? I can't seem to find this anywere on youtube. Maybe I was mistaken, but I figured people here would set me right on it.
    I saw them do that live in Nottingham in 2007. I think it was in March, that sorta time. Check the NiN Live archives

http://ninlive.com/

/edit. My mistake. It was La Mer into Into The Void that I saw
    Last edited by GibbonBlack; 05-04-2019 at 07:06 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckrh View Post
    which do you prefer, louder or quieter NIN? obviously we love it all but no fair saying both. for me, as much as i love the loud stuff, the quiet stuff tends to stick to me more.
    Quiet. The loudness feels more natural for NIN's chosen instruments, so using said instruments in a quiet manner just feels more intriguing and captivating to me.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckrh View Post
    I've always been more attracted to the quieter tracks as well. That's why I loved (and still love) Ghosts and the score material that Trent & Atticus have done.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    I've always been more attracted to the quieter tracks as well. That's why I loved (and still love) Ghosts and the score material that Trent & Atticus have done.
    Would be cool to see something like a NPR tiny desk session with NIN, except not in some pretty well lit office but somewhere else, in the building, like.. the garage ? Lol

I want to see them go mad on percussions and synths doing a live rendition of I'm Not From This World (but quieter ya know). That would be really fucking, well, industrial.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    I would love to see NIN do a whole tour of just "quiet" tracks. Small and intimate venues. No HLAH or Wish or any of those. Have a grand piano set up, and acoustic guitar, some electronics and pads, and some really cool lights. I would pay so much money to see that.

It would also be cool if he would do another album like Still, with new material and some of the new vocal approaches he has been using the last few years on Bad Witch, AV, Before the Flood, and HTDA.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Max View Post
    I would love to see NIN do a whole tour of just "quiet" tracks. Small and intimate venues. No HLAH or Wish or any of those. Have a grand piano set up, and acoustic guitar, some electronics and pads, and some really cool lights. I would pay so much money to see that.

It would also be cool if he would do another album like Still, with new material and some of the new vocal approaches he has been using the last few years on Bad Witch, AV, Before the Flood, and HTDA.
    It'd be a chance to air Ghosts and OSTs too, as they'd fit in far better for the audience that would bring

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    i wonder if Trent is going to be involved with the Cure festival in LA in some capacity. i would be mighty tempted to return to Babylon if that were the case.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    How does Trent Reznor have any hearing left to be able to make music? I wore expensive ear plugs to the last show and it was still ringing my bell. I remember the first show I ever went to in 1996 left my ears ringing for days. Do musicians end up with permanent, insanity-inducing tinnitus? How does he continue to deal with so many little nuances and subtleties after 30+ years of deafening volumes? I am sure he protects his ears now, but back in the day did he?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Max View Post
    How does Trent Reznor have any hearing left to be able to make music? I wore expensive ear plugs to the last show and it was still ringing my bell. I remember the first show I ever went to in 1996 left my ears ringing for days. Do musicians end up with permanent, insanity-inducing tinnitus? How does he continue to deal with so many little nuances and subtleties after 30+ years of deafening volumes? I am sure he protects his ears now, but back in the day did he?
    Yes, they do have tinnitus. Swans is loud as fuck, and Michael Gira is close to being deaf, but still makes music. You can fine-tune your equipment to your lost frequeciens, both ears. It is still a gigantic pain in the ass.

People on stage don't always have as many speakers toward them like us, the audience, though. I don't remember how it was with NIN, but unless you see the dared Great Stack of Amps, people on stage have just enough volume to know what they're playing, but most speakers are pointed toward us. Or are they ?