Page 98 of 113 FirstFirst ... 48 88 96 97 98 99 100 108 ... LastLast
Results 2,911 to 2,940 of 3385

Thread: Trump 2020-21 - Epilogue

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Every Republican speaking voting no says the same thing:

Yeah, I can't defend Trump, but he's leaving next week anyway, and what about Black Lives Matter? And it's time for unity. Abraham Lincoln.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    That's a lot of mouths to fit one Trump dick in...

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    ^ there are better ways to convey this

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

really cool story...other than the insurrection thing, of course. a lot like that etsy scarf from a few months ago except, you know, more hate.

edit:

wow.

Last edited by allegate; 01-13-2021 at 01:36 PM.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    do these people not read twitter? he posted a bunch about something happening on jan 6th during december. i thought everyone knew something was gonna happen from his supporters because he said it multiple times. i remember something about something big happening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    That's a lot of oral orifices for the genitals of The President?

Thar we go.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    do these people not read twitter? he posted a bunch about something happening on jan 6th during december. i thought everyone knew something was gonna happen from his supporters because he said it multiple times. i remember something about something big happening.

exactly! and that's the reason there were also several tweets telling counter-protestors to stay out of the way.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    It “will be wild.”

At the rally before the riot, Trump said:

“Republicans are constantly fighting like a boxer with his hands tied behind his back. It’s like a boxer. And we want to be so nice. We want to be so respectful of everybody, including bad people. And we’re going to have to fight much harder. …
    “We’re going to walk down to the Capitol, and we’re going to cheer on our brave senators and congressmen and women, and we’re probably not going to be cheering so much for some of them, because you’ll never take back our country with weakness. You have to show strength, and you have to be strong.”

“When you catch somebody in a fraud, you are allowed to go by very different rules. So I hope Mike has the courage to do what he has to do, and I hope he doesn’t listen to the RINOs and the stupid people that he’s listening to.”

“We will never give up. We will never concede. It doesn’t happen. You don’t concede when there’s theft involved. Our country has had enough. We will not take it anymore, and that is what this is all about. And to use a favorite term that all of you people really came up with, we will stop the steal. …
    “You will have an illegitimate president. That is what you will have, and we can’t let that happen. These are the facts that you won’t hear from the fake news media. It’s all part of the suppression effort. They don’t want to talk about it. They don’t want to talk about it. …
    “We fight like hell, and if you don’t fight like hell, you’re not going to have a country anymore.”

“Now it is up to Congress to confront this egregious assault on our democracy. And after this, we’re going to walk down, and I’ll be there with you. … We are going to the Capitol, and we are going to try and give — the Democrats are hopeless, they are never voting for anything, not even one vote, but we are going to try — give our Republicans, the weak ones, because the strong ones don’t need any of our help, we’re try — going to try and give them the kind of pride and boldness that they need to take back our country.”
    Last edited by allegro; 01-13-2021 at 02:43 PM.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    All these Republicans calling for unity and asking us to just look ahead and focus on the peaceful transfer of power on 2021 can fuck off.

January 6, one week ago, Trump told protesters that " We will never give up. We will never concede, it doesn't happen. You don't concede when there's theft involved."

Right before Trump took the stage his personal fuckin' lawyer said this:

Fuck these people.

Republicans never once tried to unite the country during these last 4 years! Quite the opposite, they antagonized "liberals" at every turn, the president's son published a book about triggering the libs, they laught at us at every turn because they could.
    I'm all for uniting the country but the rightwingers have to earn it.
    Last edited by hellospaceboy; 01-13-2021 at 03:06 PM. Reason: spelling

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hellospaceboy View Post
    All these Republicans calling for unity and asking us to just look ahead and focus on the peaceful transfer of power on 2021 can fuck off.

January 6, one week ago, Trump told protesters that " We will never give up. We will never concede, it doesn't happen. You don't concede when there's theft involved."

Right before Trump took the stage his personal fuckin' lawyer said this:

Fuck these people.

Republicans never once tried to unite the country during these last 4 years! Quite the opposite, they antagonized "liberals" at every turn, the president's son published a book about triggering the libs, they left at us at every turn because they could.
    I'm all for uniting the country but the rightwingers have to earn it.
    Unity requires accountability.

This isn't about abandoning the right-wing at all. If you let them off the hook, and don't hold them accountable for their actions, you're excluding them from part of a functioning society.

Unity under the law. Equal treatment for all.

Investigate, Impeach and prosecute as the laws prescribe. That's how you get unity.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    “Richmond out.”

That was a sledgehammer disguised as a short speech.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

so it's done, right? he's officially impeached 2x? I know it doesn't mean anything truly until the next vote, but it's done as far as "Donald J. Trump, Impeached twice"

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    That feeling when reading about real world events online while watching Captain America Wnter Soldier and Hydra makes a lot more sense

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    This is going to be the craziest trial any of us has ever seen, I bet.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

and a little humor:

Last edited by allegate; 01-13-2021 at 03:54 PM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    That feeling when reading about real world events online while watching Captain America Wnter Soldier and Hydra makes a lot more sense
    it's been awhile since I've seen it, but it feels like in that movie it was way more insidious whereas here the Hydra analog are doing their thing in public.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...ioters/617644/

The part that I am thinking about (quoted in case it's not a free article)

The members of the mob that attacked the Capitol and beat a police officer to death last week were not desperate. They were there because they believed they had been unjustly stripped of their inviolable right to rule. They believed that not only because of the third-generation real-estate tycoon who incited them, but also because of the wealthy Ivy Leaguers who encouraged them to think that the election had been stolen.

There’s ample precedent for this. When the Ku Klux Klan formed during Reconstruction, according to the historian Eric Foner, its leadership “included planters, merchants, lawyers, and even ministers. ‘The most respectable citizens are engaged in it,’ reported a Georgia Freedmen’s Bureau agent, ‘if there can be any respectability about such people.’”

Respectable people can be very dangerous. President Ulysses S. Grant responded to the outrages of the KKK in the Reconstruction South by sending the military to crush the Klan and the newly formed Department of Justice to prosecute it. For a time, the effort was successful.

Nevertheless, the paramilitary wings of the Democratic Party, determined to disenfranchise Black voters and restore white supremacy, reconstituted themselves. Only this time they left the masks off, so everyone could see how respectable they were. Operating openly, they were far more successful than they had been while clad in their goofy costumes and masks, taking on names such as the White League and the Red Shirts. They terrorized, murdered, and intimidated Black voters and their white Republican allies in order to excise them from the polity and restore Black people to a state of near-slavery.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Sorry, but if 194 of those... <insert expletive here>...didn't vote to impeach, I find it immensely unlikely that there will be the two thirds majority to convict in the Senate. These people just do not learn.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Herrera-Beutler is my person and I will tell you it's a minor miracle that she voted against him. I don't know if she has plans to not run again or what but she's got a heavy Republican voting block here and I don't see this going well for her.

Jaime Herrera Beutler
    Republican Party
    56.5%

Carolyn Long
    Democratic Party
    43.5%
    She doesn't have to worry about her safety because she's never here so maybe that was a factor as well.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    CNN: "Trump impeached for second time", just switched to "20K National Guard Troops expected for inauguration"
    MSNBC: "Trump impeached for second time
    FOX: "Dems target Trump's business after second impeachment"

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    The end of Trump’s presidency is reminding me more and more of when Cartman knows he’s screwed at Casa Bonita and just goes batshit crazy and does whatever he can in there before he’s fucked, LOL.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

What a roller coaster of a man. Or maybe a boomerang? Not sure which is more apt with the way he goes out and back and forth.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I almost had this weird theory that Biden, as a supreme insult to Trump, would pardon him once he was in office. It would be the ultimate "now you owe me" moment that would grate on Trump for years. It's never gonna happen though. It would be party suicide as far as the Democrats are concerned.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    no pardons. finish him!!
    finally consequences for the man who sold the world.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    What a roller coaster of a man. Or maybe a boomerang? Not sure which is more apt with the way he goes out and back and forth.
    Yeah, it's one thing to say that impeaching Trump at this point (one week of his presidency to go) and having a long, drawn-out trial where his name and face are in the news constantly might not be in the best interest of the country's mental sanity (part of me gets that argument), but to suggest that Biden pardon him? That's just fucking stupid.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by poinoup View Post
    Can we add an autocorrect filter to this idiot so that “hoax” and “fake” autocorrect to “anything I don’t like or agree with”?

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

isn't there a fallacy here in that it's 'secret' and yet you're talking about it in the open hence it's not actually a secret?

Tom Clancy had smarter story lines.

shocked I tell you, shocked.
    Last edited by allegate; 01-13-2021 at 11:11 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    no pardons. finish him!!
    finally consequences for the man who sold the world.

I would like to remind everyone of the Beer Hall Putsch, what happened after it, and how it set the stage for Adolf Hitler and the Nazis to take control of Germany.

Short version: On November 8, 1923, Hitler and his followers took the beer hall in Munich hostage and strong-armed the people there into joining them in a march to the city hall with the intent of taking the city council hostage. The crowd of over 3,000 was met by the Munich police, who were tipped off to what was going on. A riot ensued, with 16 Nazis and 4 Munich cops killed. Hitler was arrested 2 days later and tried for high treason. Although Hitler came close to being acquitted, he was convicted. The judges overseeing the trial was sympathetic to him and his cause, and only sentenced him to 5 years in prison and a fine of 500 reichsmarks. Hitler only served 9 months of his sentence before being released for "good behavior." During that time he wrote Mein Kampf and rethought his strategy. Instead of taking control of Germany by force the Nazis would instead go through legal channels, such as getting into government and being elected to the Reichstag. In 1933, Franz von Papen conceded his position as Chancellor of the Reichstag and made Hitler Chancellor, with, Papen as Vice-Chancellor. President Paul von Hindenburg hated Hitler but Papen figured that this arrangement would put them in a position to keep Hitler and his Nazis in check. We all know how this turned out.

Why am I telling this story? Because this is what happens when you don't hold traitors and seditionists accountable. They see that they can get away with their actions and rhetoric and either rev it up or take it to more covert but obvious means. Trump, his enablers in the Cabinet and both houses of Congress, and his white supremacist cult must all be held accountable and face serious penalties.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by leo3375 View Post
    I would like to remind everyone of the Beer Hall Putsch...
    I'm by no means a scholar on this but I'd argue we're past the Beer Hall stage and we're now seeing the consequences...the debacle at the Michigan state house was our Beer Hall. That was normalized as "patriots being patriots" by far too many people and I believe the lack of consequences for those assholes emboldened others.