Page 31 of 263 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 81 131 ... LastLast

Thread: Tool

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

Re: Tool

I'm sorry, maybe those certain people find some sort of escape with your music and you bottle those people? Fuck you.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I bet the APC Live at Redrocks CD/DVD/Blu ray/vinyl will come with a signed copy of Maynard's upcoming autobiography. And possible a download code to the new Tool single. Honestly don't give 2 fucks about Tool or APC anymore because Maynard obviously doesn't give 2 fucks about either. All of these guys repeatedly bullshit the media and fans because people swoon over everything they do or say Its annoying. I will continue to follow Puscifer since the actually do the things they say they will.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Tool

Quote Originally Posted by Reznor2112 View Post
    I bet the APC Live at Redrocks CD/DVD/Blu ray/vinyl will come with a signed copy of Maynard's upcoming autobiography. And possible a download code to the new Tool single. Honestly don't give 2 fucks about Tool or APC anymore because Maynard obviously doesn't give 2 fucks about either. All of these guys repeatedly bullshit the media and fans because people swoon over everything they do or say Its annoying. I will continue to follow Puscifer since the actually do the things they say they will.
    Okay, see you in that thread.

I think the Nardo's totally nail on the head with that quote. And it's unfortunate. But, Tool & APC concerts really were the worst crowds I've seen. They're obviously passionate about the music. But the crowds boo the opening acts or act disrespectful to the band (seriously, last time I saw them half of the crowd treated like "10,000 Days (Wings pt 1)" like it was intermission).

I go to an APC concert and people are shouting out Tool songs, shouting for Maynard to get to the front of the stage, or trying to mosh to fucking "3 Libras."

And if you go to Toolnavy, you'll see a thousand people writing dissertations on the meaning behind "Dir Eir Von Satan" and you just gotta shake your head.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    So they've raised $750000. Here's hoping they use that cash to record a kick-ass new record which they release within the year.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I like Maynard's vocal work, lyrics and projects but he's such an egotistical ass. It's off-putting and always has been.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    You guys ready for a good laugh?

Not satisfied with just attending the sheer power and force of a live performance from Tool?

We have the solution for you!

We've teamed together with the folks at Tool to provide fans with a truly once-in-a-lifetime performance with our tour VIP packages.

Those who purchase a VIP package will also receive:
    - Access to sound-check with members of Tool
    - Q+A session with Adam
    - Exclusive merchandise pack including:
    1. An exclusive Tool tour t-shirt
    2. Poster
    3. VIP laminate
    4. Bag of goodies
    (These items feature designs exclusive to the VIP package and are not available for purchase anywhere else)
    - Early entry to the Floor (for GA ticket holders only)

*NOTE: the VIP package does NOT include an event ticket. Please ensure you have purchased your event ticket prior to purchasing your VIP package.

Packages go on sale from 9am local time, Friday 12 April and will retail for Australia $504 + ticketing agency transaction fees and for New Zealand $526.50 + ticketing agency transaction fees.

Head to www.frontiertouring.com/tool for all the info.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Fuck......... That Shit !!!!!!!! not even a ticket included way to rip off your fans !!!! At least with NIN we got to meet and talk with all members picture with all members got to see the sound check got dinner and got onstage and got autographs was well worth the money . this package = shit !!!!!! how much you want to make a bet security freaks out when fans try filming sound check with a camera or a cell phone i can see the fox kicking a few heads. LMAO

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScreamingSlave View Post
    Fuck......... That Shit !!!!!!!! not even a ticket included way to rip off your fans !!!! At least with NIN we got to meet and talk with all members picture with all members got to see the sound check got dinner and got onstage and got autographs was well worth the money . this package = shit !!!!!! how much you want to make a bet security freaks out when fans try filming sound check with a camera or a cell phone i can see the fox kicking a few heads. LMAO
    Agreed. I liked it better when Tool just ignored their fans. instead of throwing these weird over priced offers and re-issues.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    "For an extra 500 dollars, Maynard will allow you to try to pull the cork from a bottle of his wine with your anus. You get 50 attempts. However, you do not get to share the wine. Make sure you've brought your own wine to the event before Maynard shoves a bottle up your ass. You will however be given an official 'tramp stamp' autograph by all members of the band, plus a certificate of authenticity."

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    That's nothing, I saw the KISS packages for their newly announced tour, sure you get to meet them and, and I shit you not it says this..., get to take another picture 'in front of KISS in full makeup!' (big whoop)...ticket, laminate and all that shit...very nice, it's well wOH WAIT, IT'S TWELVE HUNDRED AND FIFTY DOLLARS.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I despise bands trying to screw the fans over at least with NIN my money went to a charity.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    That's nothing, I saw the KISS packages for their newly announced tour, sure you get to meet them and, and I shit you not it says this..., get to take another picture 'in front of KISS in full makeup!' (big whoop)...ticket, laminate and all that shit...very nice, it's well wOH WAIT, IT'S TWELVE HUNDRED AND FIFTY DOLLARS.

The KISS army would conquer the TOOL army

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    This thread reminds me of the Born Villian thread... hate hate hate...

But then again, studies show that people are waaaaaay more likely to voice negative opinions than they are good ones.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Cheer up. A bunch of us LOVE Tool. I'd still go see them if they rolled through here in a heartbeat. The only way it'll turn in to the Manson thread is if people start to piss and moan if ANYTHING negative is said about the topic. There's been nothing stated here that, even to most nut-hanging fanboys, couldn't be considered anything other than valid arguments/opinions. Studies also show that internet forums on certain topics are about discussion of said topics, both good and bad...not just jerking the band/artist off.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Cheer up. A bunch of us LOVE Tool. I'd still go see them if they rolled through here in a heartbeat. The only way it'll turn in to the Manson thread is if people start to piss and moan if ANYTHING negative is said about the topic. There's been nothing stated here that, even to most nut-hanging fanboys, couldn't be considered anything other than valid arguments/opinions. Studies also show that internet forums on certain topics are about discussion of said topics, both good and bad...not just jerking the band/artist off.
    There's a common denominator in both threads and it's you.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    As well as a handful of others that post in a myriad of threads. Who gives a shit?

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Despite all the problems I might have with Tool as a current entity, a listenthrough of Undertow never fails to get my blood flowing.

Let us heal.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Broadbent View Post
    The KISS army would conquer the TOOL army
    In a financial war, sure.

Otherwise, those who weren't too busy putting on makeup and actually made it to the fight would still probably get kicked around pretty badly - by sheer virtue of the fact that the Tool fanbase with gobs of disposable income is probably younger and in slightly better shape.

Either way, now I want to see that fight.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I don't understand why anyone is surprised anymore by Maynard's asshole ways. It's stating the obvious at this point.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

Re: Tool

Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    In a financial war, sure.

Otherwise, those who weren't too busy putting on makeup and actually made it to the fight would still probably get kicked around pretty badly - by sheer virtue of the fact that the Tool fanbase with gobs of disposable income is probably younger and in slightly better shape.

Either way, now I want to see that fight.
    Never underestimate the power of old man strength.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Tool

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Beach View Post
    I don't understand why anyone is surprised anymore by Maynard's asshole ways. It's stating the obvious at this point.
    I'm gonna white knight jimmy for a minute here.

While the guy is a known dick; his dicktitude seems mostly a device of his particular and cynical sense of humor.

We all know people with senses of humor and dismal outlooks on life. People who, for whatever reason, are graceful enough to perceive the world in a different and sometimes beautiful way but petty enough to make a dick joke while describing it.

OTOH, I genuinely feel for the guy. He seems to have a deep distrust of his fans and I don't blame him. Some people have an unhealthy fixation on him in a positive or negative way. And you really don't need to trawl the Internet for various nutso's who feel like they know Maynard well enough to speak for him. (Am I one of them now? Shit.)

Anecdotally, while waiting for one of the 2003 APC club shows, Maynard walked in from a tour bus, past the line, and flanked by security. While there was some polite applause and a little fan worship, there were a number of people who shouted "we love you's" and some people who actually shouted--no fooling, shouted--pleas for him to come over and talk about the lyrics with them.

That's nutty. At the time, three words went through my mind: "Mark. David. Chapman."

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    I've met Maynard several times and he was generally polite and gracious to me. Adam Jones, now he is the real tool in Tool: he's a mean, weird, rude guy to deal with - certainly if you are press.
    Maynard was only shitty when Adam was being a dick, and he joined in.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gerbil View Post
    (Am I one of them now? Shit.)
    No doubt in my mind.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Tool

Quote Originally Posted by Clownboat View Post
    No doubt in my mind.
    Nah. I'm just speaking from general observation. I'm not trying to divine his secret desires and true feelings from his lyrics.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aggroculture View Post
    I've met Maynard several times and he was generally polite and gracious to me. Adam Jones, now he is the real tool in Tool: he's a mean, weird, rude guy to deal with - certainly if you are press.
    Maynard was only shitty when Adam was being a dick, and he joined in.
    Details?...

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    So what's the average pricing for a copy of Lateralus signed vinyl? (one member on each side)

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)

Tool

Quote Originally Posted by Damian View Post
    So what's the average pricing for a copy of Lateralus signed vinyl? (one member on each side)
    About a $1.50 and a cheeseburger

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally Posted by Damian
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    Hell yeah man, I'm all over that. Serious. If @Jinsai has to pony up about the NIN tour this is fair game, right?

Again, I'm serious. I love that album.
    Last edited by Amnesiac; 04-08-2013 at 01:40 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    sounds reasonable

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Opiate deluxe has shipped!
    Hello Ryan,
    Your order has shipped. (Order#: 19637 placed on 03/26/2013)
    • You may also use the preceding link to review your order details or print an invoice
    Thanks again for shopping at shop.toolarmy.com!
    Visit us anytime at http://shop.toolarmy.com/