Page 304 of 485 FirstFirst ... 204 254 294 302 303 304 305 306 314 354 404 ... LastLast
Results 9,091 to 9,120 of 14527

Thread: Professional Wrestling

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    I can't believe someone whom I ate dinner with 10 years ago is WWE champion.. I also can't believe that man is the FACE OF TNA.

So happy for AJ. He is legit the best wrestler in the world.

Got a booking in Chicago this weekend. My first triple threat, this will be fun.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Is anyone else going to the WWE LIVE Louisville show this Friday? It'll be my first time seeing WWE live. I saw NXT I'm July.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Sasha just won a rematch from pinning Bayley when BOTH their shoulders were down. They, of course, just gloss over it. Oh WWE...

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    Sasha just won a rematch from pinning Bayley when BOTH their shoulders were down. They, of course, just gloss over it. Oh WWE...
    They just keep adding material to Botchamania. They're getting worse every time.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    They just keep adding material to Botchamania. They're getting worse every time.
    Yup. It'll definitely be there.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I just hate the fact that Cena is up for another fucking title shot when he doesn't even deserve it. I hate the fact that he will tie the record (though the actual record I recall is in its 20 unofficially) that Ric Flair has created for nearly 20 years and held that titles for a fucking long time. I miss year-long reigns and such. That was when titles were meaningful back then. Not this hot potato bullshit.

BTW, is anyone else here loving Alexa Bliss' Harley Quinn look? I'm in love.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I don't really care at this point. He's going to hit 16 at some point. When's the last time he's even had a title match? I want to say Lesnar was still champion when he did. It's been awhile. Either way, it's been awhile and it's time for him to go for it. He's not winning it. So it doesn't even matter. Dean's clearly taking the fall.

Interesting fact. Cena comes out and gets the usual reaction. Dean drops him and the crowd completely shits on him for it. Who saw that coming? The crowd has been turning on him as of late. But, usually, you get a pop for attacking Cena. That blew my mind.

They were doing year long title reigns. They started playing hot potato again when they gave Roman three fucking title runs in less than a six month span.

I'm all about Bliss. So hot. She's getting a lot better in the ring as well. Hell, she's got a ppv spot with Becky. Pretty cool.
    Last edited by Piko; 09-13-2016 at 10:46 PM.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRexall View Post
    Ric Flair: 16-time world champion = one of the greatest

Kurt Angle: 13-time world champion = one of the greatest

A.J. Styles: 9-time world champion = one of the greatest

CM Punk: 7-time world champion = one of the greatest
    To put this in some perspective, and not at the expense of those other guys, but Flair's is the most impressive because of his early reigns where he defended in not only every territory in the US but in places like Canada, Puerto Rico, Europe, Asia and Australia. And we're talking about lots of matches that went over an hour or more, on a pretty tough schedule. Granted, it's all a work and thus winning and losing is obviously not as important but him and Terry Funk and Harley Race are the only guys around that can claim that over everyone from Hogan on down.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Here we go with this ultra-lame John Cena 16-time world champion greatest ever bullshit again.

I'll never get tired of beating this horse, because it needs to be beaten, since the WWE seems to insist that Cena is something spectacular when in fact he's a joke.

Ric Flair: 16-time world champion = one of the greatest

Kurt Angle: 13-time world champion = one of the greatest

A.J. Styles: 9-time world champion = one of the greatest

CM Punk: 7-time world champion = one of the greatest

John Cena? A 16-time loser who won the same two titles 15 times in a 10-year span that is widely regarded as the worst in professional wrestling history. Thanks in no small part to Cena himself.

16-time world champion, give me a fucking break. A 16-time WWE champion, and one who continues to get booed mercilessly to this day. A corporate champion to the core, sorry @Swykk
    I don't hate Cena. I think he gets a real bad rap and is stuck in Forever Face mode but he's not anywhere near my favorite.

And agreed on Bliss. Wow. Just wow.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Imo, Cena's had his best work in the last couple years. Hasn't had a title run since 2014. Been strictly working midcard. So, I don't really understand the problem with him getting a shot. It's not like it was where he was getting shot after shot for no reason. It's been long enough. He's not winning it anyway. So who cares?

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post

BTW, is anyone else here loving Alexa Bliss' Harley Quinn look? I'm in love.
    I'm a Bliss fan, even before the Harley "makeover", but i do love the new look, she's good in the ring and she's very hot, i'lll take her over Carmella anyday...

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Not sure if anyone else is watching CWC. Pretty good stuff. Shame it's coming to an end. Classic match between Perkins and Ibushi. Winner of the final match wins the tourney and the new Cruiserweight championship. I think they may have taken the criticism of the universal belt. Not at all what I was expecting. Especially on a blue strap.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    I'm sad that the CWC is ending. This has been an amazing tournament.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

TJP's promo at the end was touching. And boy did he get the crap beat out of him!

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I just watched the newest episode of Lucha Underground. That match between Killshot and Marty "The Moth" Martinez.... holy fuck. That was insane. I love it.

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onthewall2983 View Post
    To put this in some perspective, and not at the expense of those other guys, but Flair's is the most impressive because of his early reigns where he defended in not only every territory in the US but in places like Canada, Puerto Rico, Europe, Asia and Australia. And we're talking about lots of matches that went over an hour or more, on a pretty tough schedule. Granted, it's all a work and thus winning and losing is obviously not as important but him and Terry Funk and Harley Race are the only guys around that can claim that over everyone from Hogan on down.
    Totally agree with you. That's why I always put Flair at the top. Even if he wasn't the best wrestler or one of the most interesting, he still is one of the greatest based on the merits of his world title wins and defenses. As I've stated before, he won and defended the three different world titles he held across the world and across three golden decades of professional wrestling. He was notorious for defending the NWA title in different organizations like the AWA, even.

Everywhere he went -- save for his final run in TNA -- he was THE guy. For years at a time.

For Cena and the WWE to act like Cena's 16th time as champion makes him "the greatest ever" or on Flair's level is not only ludicrous, but hilarious to boot. Cena isn't fit to carry Flair's duffel bag into the arena, let alone come anywhere near his legacy.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Flair seems to disagree with that.

Pretty bummed CWC is over. Great matches. A lot of guys got the spotlight they deserve (TJ especially). The commentary team of Mauro and Bryan was pretty legit. I say ditch JBL and add Bryan. He'd be a much better fit and they have good chemistry. That would only leave Otunga as the only problem left.

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    So we all at least agree then that Alexa Bliss is far and away the hottest female wrestler in the world today?

Maryse is a close second. If I were Miz, I wouldn't ever get any sleep at night..

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    Flair seems to disagree with that.

Pretty bummed CWC is over. Great matches. A lot of guys got the spotlight they deserve (TJ especially). The commentary team of Mauro and Bryan was pretty legit. I say ditch JBL and add Bryan. He'd be a much better fit and they have good chemistry. That would only leave Otunga as the only problem left.
    What does Otunga do to remain employed in the company? He can't wrestle. He's not very good on the commentary based on the clips I've seen and he's just bland.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Totally agree with you. That's why I always put Flair at the top. Even if he wasn't the best wrestler or one of the most interesting, he still is one of the greatest based on the merits of his world title wins and defenses. As I've stated before, he won and defended the three different world titles he held across the world and across three golden decades of professional wrestling. He was notorious for defending the NWA title in different organizations like the AWA, even.

Everywhere he went -- save for his final run in TNA -- he was THE guy. For years at a time.

For Cena and the WWE to act like Cena's 16th time as champion makes him "the greatest ever" or on Flair's level is not only ludicrous, but hilarious to boot. Cena isn't fit to carry Flair's duffel bag into the arena, let alone come anywhere near his legacy.
    Cena, within WWE and WWE alone, is probably as deserving of the legacy of being one of the greats. I personally think he's the best pure babyface they had since Hulk Hogan. And his work ethic towards publicity and other elements is almost second to none. But you have to think of the whole McMahon dynasty as kind of a bubble. Bruno Sammartino and Pedro Morales did not go around the world like the NWA champ did. New York was every bit a territory a place like Memphis or Atlanta were, except it was New York City. That's a big reason Vince was able to become king of the mountain, because his father's territory's home turf was in one of the most famous cities in the world. You would not have been able to gather A to C-list celebrities for a wrestling card in any of the other territories like Vince was able to with WrestleMania.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    So we all at least agree then that Alexa Bliss is far and away the hottest female wrestler in the world today?

Maryse is a close second. If I were Miz, I wouldn't ever get any sleep at night..
    WORD!

I think Bliss could be a female champ someday, he has the looks, the skill and can cut promos (not her strong suit but she´s decent)

I never liked Maryse before she came back with The Miz, but now she looks Awesome (no pun), i'm always like:"Damn! those outfits!"
    Last edited by henryeatscereal; 09-15-2016 at 10:30 AM.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    I'm not into Maryse at all. It's all Sasha and Alexa for this guy.

Congrats to TJP. He's like the youngest veteran in pro wrestling (I stole that from Excalibur). I actually had Metalik winning the CWC once Ibushi and Sabre didn't sign with WWE. Also, give DIY the NXT tag belts now.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I was going with Perkins. Only because of how obvious the others would've been.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Well, I was completely wrong about Sanity. Win some, lose some.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    So excited to go to the WWE LIVE show tonight with my Girlfriend and her family.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    AV Club linked me to this article that is just devastating to read about the final days of Chyna: http://thelab.bleacherreport.com/the...fall-of-chyna/

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    Well, I was completely wrong about Sanity. Win some, lose some.
    NXT spoilers below if anyone cares about that.

Bringing in Eric Young to be the anchor for a brand new stable (with a female wrestler as a full part of it instead of as a valet too) is a fantastic idea. I always wondered why they did a one-off thing with Eric Young earlier this year, but now I see that maybe they were working on giving him a new gimmick and putting thought into his debut, using him to help get over a few other prospects instead of the "hottest free agent on the market" thing they've done with every single other indy hero in the past year. I like it a lot. I hope they can make the jump the way the Wyatt Family did eventually (though better booked, hopefully).

I also hope that that's the start of NXT shifting back to developing home-grown talent, or rebuilding indy talent like Athena into Ember Moon. Having the show be headlined by guys like Samoa Joe and Nakamura sells tickets and gets people to watch, which is important, because then those viewers might get hooked in for real by homegrown guys like The Revival and stick around when the indy guys move up. But I'm a little worried about the men's singles division, because it is almost enitrely indy stars right now. The women's division is going through a (successful) complete rebuild, and the tag team division's in flux while they try and figure out how to get TM61 over, but the men's singles is going to be gutted by the end of the year when Joe and Nakamura move up. It'll be Bobby Roode, Austin Aries, No Way Jose, and Hideo.

On that note, it's kind of weird to see Nakamura and Hideo on the same show, because it exemplifies how different NXT treats indy stars now. That's not to say that Nakamura and Hideo were on the same level in Japan, but I think they were both past the 2016 threshhold needed to keep their indy identities. But because WWE didn't do that in 2014, Hideo got rebuilt while Nakamura is exactly the same here as he was in Japan. I don't think either one is wrong, and you still have wrestlers like Ember Moon and Oney Lorcan who were big names across the indies but are being rebuilt in WWE, so it's not like that pathway is dead. Just interesting to see the difference.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Pretty cool about Eric Young. Not the biggest fan of his, but he's good. Good a nice reaction when he showed up in NXT as well. That was probably a test run to see how over he would be with the NXT crowd. Cool they signed him though. He'll definitely help a lot.

It's a little weird with Nakamura and Hideo being on the same roster. But, they're keeping them away from each other. So, they're both doing their own thing. Part of me thinks we won't see Hideo much longer in NXT. There's nothing for him there. I'd put him on smackdown and let him do his thing.

And when I first saw that TNA thing, I called bullshit. Saw it on facebook and someone made a video. Then the dirt sites started talking about it. I don't believe for a second that TNA is worth 40 million. But i'm guessing like WCW, WWE would want the library and some of the roster (mostly the library). I'd say they would take out the competition. But are they really competition? A small company barely making it, living on Corgan's bankroll, and just doing it's own thing. I hope it doesn't happen. We need more prominent companies out there aside from wwe. This would only make things worse. Only brightside is that we'll probably see guys like EC3 and Abyss go to WWE or NXT.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I didn't buy that either. Plus, that site had an article about Buff Bagwell saying some shit about CM Punk and saying WWE's prime audience is the Walmart people which I think is really insulting. Especially from someone who was never in the main event.